i care about you || drarry

By maaiichii

It was a road accident. When Harry Potter gets into a car crash, he is rushed to hospital. The doctor taking... More

the accident
why him?
the days after
want but can't have
someone will be there when the tears won't stop
nightmare
the news
relive
be mine
telling them
happy and sad
moving out, moving in
hugs, kisses, tears
finally
thank you

decorating, or at least trying to

15.5K 413 776
By maaiichii

(Harry's POV)
(Italics represent thoughts)

Harry pushed open the door to his new home. The house was perfect. It was everything Harry could've imagined it to be. The interior was simple, elegant. The colours were mainly green and white but the green was nice and subtle.

As Harry stepped inside, he could see steps to the right of him that curved and led to a landing on the left. Harry was standing in a small hallway which led to an empty doorframe. Through the doorframe, Harry could see the corner of a sofa and carpet so he assumed that was the living room. Harry turned back to Draco looking at him in disbelief.

"Should I take my shoes off?" Harry asked.

"Yes please. I hate to be like this but you know me." Draco said almost hesitantly.

Harry took his shoes off and held them in his hands. "Where would you like me to put them?"

"There's a shoe rack just there and half is for my shoes and half is for your shoes."

Harry put his shoes down on the shoe rack and looked up to Draco. "It won't look like this for long." Harry took his coat off and saw the hooks Draco's coats were on. He saw that half the hooks were empty and the other half had coats on. "Neither will this." Harry said motioning to the coat hooks.

"I know, I just thought a bit of organisation might be nice to begin with." Draco said putting emphasis on 'organisation' and 'nice'.

"I'll try for as long as I can." Draco gave Harry a look as to say 'really?'. "I will I promise." Harry drew a cross on his chest with his finger.

"Feel free to explore." Draco said.

"You'll stay with me though?" Harry asked a bit worried.

"Of course I will. I never want to leave you." Draco said as he kissed Harry.

Harry smiled and carried on walking. Harry walked into the living room. He saw another arch that led to what looked like a library. The living room had a single window running down the left side of it which gave a beautiful view of the garden. There was an open space in the wall where you could see the kitchen. Below this open window, there was a mantle piece where a few ornaments and a single photograph were displayed. The photo was of Draco and his mother. There was a white fluffy carpet on the floor and a sofa and armchair. The sofa was placed not quite in the centre of the room but a bit further back. The armchair was next to it but was at a slight angle. In the middle of the back wall was a TV. There was a DVD player and basket full of DVDs on the floor.

"This is amazing."

"I tried my best." Draco said almost nervously.

"Can we watch a film tonight?" Harry asked hopefully.

"Of course we can." Draco replied sweetly. "You can take a look at them later if you want."

Harry was about to say something but Draco beat him to it. "Not now though." Harry's face dropped slightly.

"Why not?" Harry whined.

"We have 30 minutes before Ron and Hermione arrive and we still have more house to explore."

"Fine."

Harry continued exploring. He walked through the next arch and entered a library. There was a window ahead of him with a blanket and cushions on a built in bench below. Surrounding him were bookcases as high as the room full of books. Some were muggle books and lots of them were wizarding books. Harry pulled out a book and saw it was a muggle book, one of his favourites - The Woman In Black. It looked unread. Harry pulled out another book and saw it was a wizarding book - The Tales Of Beedle The Bard. This book look very well read, the corners were curled and there were lots of bends in the book from when Draco had marked his place.

"Why do you have muggle books when you don't read them?" Harry asked.

"I just thought that if anyone came round, they would think I was a complete weirdo if I only have wizarding books and spell books and potions books so I have muggle books so I don't get judged."

"You should read this." Harry said, giving Draco 'The Woman In Black".

"Why?" Draco looked down at the book.

"It's really good and one of my favourites. It might get a bit worn though, I have a copy of my own but it's practically falling apart. I've wanted to get a new copy for a while but... you know... I don't like going out."

"Feel free to read it whenever." Draco looked at Harry. "I'll consider reading it."

Harry walked out of the library and back through the living room and into the little hallway again. He noticed another arch leading to the kitchen. He walked through the arc and saw the kitchen and table. The kitchen was so... so... Draco. That was the only word Harry could find to describe it. The kitchen wasn't old but it wasn't modern. It was quite extra in Harry's opinion. There was a marble breakfast bar in the middle of the kitchen. The sink was a part of this. On the end of the breakfast bar was a fruit bowl contains all sorts of fruit. Harry thought that it looked quite nice. The oven and hob were on the right side of the kitchen up against the wall on there was a counter made out of the same material as the breakfast bar attached to it on both sides. It ran along the right side until it hit a fridge. There were wooden cabinets below the counter on both sides. On the left side there were chopping boards and knifes stored and above was a shelf which held some spices and a fake plant.

Draco was always about aesthetics.

The counter stoped when it met a tall wooden cabinet. On the left side of the kitchen there were more of these cabinets and a door.

"What's through the door?" Harry asked.

"Washing machine, tumble dryer and another door to get out to the garden. Just so you know, there is a toilet downstairs, you just walked past the door when you were going to the living room."

"Okay."

There was a glass door leading out to the garden in the kitchen and there was a wall that stuck out slightly that separated the kitchen from the dining area. The dining area was almost like a separate part from the kitchen but it wasn't quite. It was a mini room that was completely open to the kitchen. It was next to a window and there was a table that fit perfectly. There was a bench underneath the window that wrapped around to the left side of the wall and two chairs with their backs facing Harry.

"Dray, this house is perfect." Harry said, staring up into Draco's eyes.

"Really?"

"It's better than I ever could've imagined." Harry said still in awe about how beautiful their house was.

"But you haven't seen upstairs yet."

"I don't care, this house is perfect."

"Good because this is where I hope you'll spend the rest of your life." Draco gave Harry a passionate kiss.

Harry smiled and grabbed Draco's hand. He made his way up the stairs, there were nails sticking out in the wall, following the pattern of the stairs. A vine of leave and flowers was held up by the nails, Harry adored this and gently touched the vine.

"The nails were there when I moved in. I presumed they were to hang photos or pictures but I don't have any to hang." Draco said, his voice getting quieter.

"There'll be pictures to hang there soon but I love how it looks though." Harry said.

Harry carries on upstairs, his hand still in Draco's. It took quite a while to climb the stairs seeing as Harry was still recovering but when they reached the top, Harry turned right. He walked along the landing and saw three doors. He walked to the one right that the very end and opened the door. The room was empty and had nothing in it.

"I was thinking this could be one of the kids rooms, as well as the one on the left." Draco said quietly.

"Perfect." Harry whispered.

They walked out of the room and walked into the room on the right. It was a small room, not quite big enough for a bedroom.

"I was also thinking this could be a playroom for the kids."

"That's a great idea Dray."

Harry didn't bother going into the other room, knowing it would be exactly the same as the other two rooms. He walked down the landing and when he was on the other side, he was met with three more doors. He walked into the one on his right and was greeted with a huge bathroom. It was mainly gray and had a shower, a bath, a toilet and a sink. The shower stood in the corner of the room and the bath on the other side. The toilet was sandwiched between the two and the sink was on the other side of the room.

"This is huge Dray." Harry said, shocked.

"Yeah, I know." Draco chuckled.

Harry slowly walked out of the bathroom still in awe of how big it was. He walked into the room directly opposite the first room he walked into. This was Harry and Draco's room. It was very big and Harry could see a door which he could only assume led to an on-suite. The room was quite messy at the moment. There were boxes everywhere, tins of paint, a wardrobe and a king sized bed.

"Sorry for the mess." Draco said, shyly.

"It's fine, it's like my room at the burrow. Only like 10 times bigger." Harry chuckled.

"We'll decorate it later. I think you might want to see the on-suite."

Harry walked over to the door and slowly pulled it open. Harry couldn't believe his eyes. It was amazing. It was a beige and brown themed bathroom and it was the length of their room and quite wide. In the middle of the bathroom, there was a glass box attached to the wall. There was a drain on the floor so Harry presumed it was a shower but he couldn't see a shower head.

"What's that?" Harry asked, motioning to the glass box.

"A shower." Draco answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But where's the shower head?" Harry asked, still confused.

"It's a rain shower. Let me show you." Draco walked over to the shower and stepped inside. He turned a knob on the wall and all of sudden, water was pouring from the ceiling, like rain.

"That's so cool." Harry said, fascinated.

"I know."

"I can't wait to get in it." Harry smirked at Draco.

"Mm, neither can I. Believe me." Draco said returning Harry's smirk.

Harry broke eye contact with Draco and carried looking at the bathroom. There was a bathtub right at the end of the bathroom. The bathtub was huge. On the opposite side of the room in the corner was the toilet.

Even the toilet seems fancy in here.

On the wall the same side as the door, there were cabinets with a marble top and a sink. Harry stared at this bathroom in a trance, it was so amazing. Harry was broken from his trance when Draco tapped him on the shoulder. Harry jumped.

"Shit, Dray." Harry said, startled.

"I'm sorry baby, you weren't replying to your name." Draco said, placing his hand on Harry's cheek.

"It's fine, why did you need me anyway?"

"Ron and Hermione will be here in 5 minutes and I was just wondering if you wanted to wait downstairs for them?" Draco asked.

"Sure but what's in the other room?" Harry asked.

"Oh, just stairs that lead up to the attic."

"Okay." Harry took Draco's hand, he hadn't realised he had let go of it until just now. They walked back down the stairs and sat down on the sofa in the living room. Harry places his head on Draco's shoulder and Draco put his arm around Harry.

"Do you really like it?" Draco asked.

"I love it. It's perfect."

Draco was just about to kiss Harry when the doorbell rang.

"C'mon." Draco said.

"Help me up." Harry said, putting on a whiny voice and holding out his hands. Draco took Harry's hands and pulled him up.

Draco opened the door and there were Ron and Hermione. They were holding a few boxes and Draco stepped aside to let them in. They placed the boxes down and stood up gazing around.

"Mate, this house is amazing." Ron said in awe.

"Yes, Draco it's beautiful." Hermione said. Harry noticed that Hermione's eyes were drawn to the library.

"Thank you, is this all of Harry's stuff?" Draco asked, motioning to the three boxes on the floor.

"No there's two more in the car." Ron said.

"I'll grab them, feel free to look around." Draco said. "Sorry to be a nuisance but could you take your shoes off?"

"Of course." Hermione said sliding her trainers off.

Harry walked up to Hermione and gave her a hug.

"Hey." Harry said.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked.

"Come to the living room." Harry said walking in. Harry sat in the chair and Ron and Hermione on the sofa.

"What's up, mate?" Ron asked, concerned.

"I, uh, I want to apologise to everyone and I want to see everyone again but I'm worried that they will, you know, get angry again." Harry said hesitantly.

"Harry, mums missing you like mad. So is dad. And George and Ginny and everyone else. Mum asks about you everyday and she has been so worried about you. She wanted to come and see you but she was worried she would upset you again and she feels so upset and guilty that she didn't do anything when you said you were gay and we all got a bit , very angry." Ron said.

"That's true, it hasn't quite been the same without you Harry." Hermione said.

"Really?" Harry asked, he found that hard to believe.

"Yes, they'd all love to see you." Hermione said.

"Can I come round tomorrow then?" Harry asked.

"You can come round anytime Harry." Ron said. "The burrow is still your home, no matter what."

"Thank you so much. I love you both so much." Harry said, his voice full of appreciation. "Could you pick me up tomorrow?"

"Of course, is 11 good? You could stay for lunch." Ron asked.

"Yeah that's great." Harry said, already looking forward to the next day.

"Bring Draco as well, Harry. I think everyone would love to see the person who makes you so happy." Hermione said.

"Okay, do you guys want a drink?" Harry asked,

"No thank you. We have to go, we have an ultrasound." Hermione said, gently touching her belly.

"If you get pictures, can you send me some please?" Harry asked, excited.

"Of course." Hermione said.

"When do you find out the gender?" Harry asked.

"Not for a while yet but as soon as we find out, you'll be the first to know. I promise." Hermione chuckled.

"Sorry, I'm just so excited." Harry said.

"It's fine." Hermione and Ron got up and hugged Harry.

"We'll see you tomorrow." Ron said.

"See you." Harry lead them to the door and waved them goodbye. Harry wondered where Draco was but quickly spied him talking to one of their neighbours. Harry walked over to them.

"Ah, speaking of the devil." Draco said as Harry approached him. "Harry this is Alex, Alex this is Harry."

"Hi, nice to meet you." Alex said, holding a hand out.

Harry jumped slightly at this but shook her hand anyway. "Hi, nice to meet you too." Harry said quietly.

"Alex is our next door neighbour and lives here with her husband and two kids." Draco informed Harry.

"Uh, what are your husband and kids names?" Harry asked shyly.

"My husband is called Logan and my son is called Mattias and my daughter is called Cecilia." Alex said, smiling fondly.

"Your kids have beautiful names." Harry said, growing slightly more confident.

"If you ever have kids, what do you want to name them?" Alex asked.

"Uh, Draco decided that if we ever had a boy, his name would be Scorpius and I decided that if we ever have a girl, her name would be Lily."

"Those are such pretty names." Alex said. "Well, I must get going. It was nice meeting you Harry and I'll see you around Draco."

"Bye." Harry and Draco said both at the same time. The two walked back into the house.

"Are you ready to decorate?" Draco asked.

"Yes but before that I need to ask you something."

"Go ahead."

"I'm going over the the burrow tomorrow and I was wondering if you would like to come with me?" Harry asked.

"I would but are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Ron and Hermione invited us over for lunch. It might not be the best idea but It would be nice to be introduced to them."

"In that case, of course I would like to come with you." Draco pulled Harry into a hug. "Now wait upstairs in our room and I'll be up with these boxes in a sec."

"I can take one." Harry said.

"Harry, no you can't."

"Yes I can." Harry protested.

"Harry, I'm not arguing with you." Draco gave Harry a look as if to say 'try me, I dare you.'

"Fine." Harry slowly started to make his way up the stairs. He had to stop at the top for a break and Draco walked past him with two boxes.

"Jeez, no need to rush." Harry called out.

"Shut up." Draco replied.

Harry chuckled and made his way into the bedroom. He took note of what needed to be done.

Two walls need painting, the headboard of the bed needs painting, that needs to go - holy shit there's a balcony. How did I not notice that? Anyway, and basically everything needs rearranging except the wardrobe because that is in the perfect place.

"Before we start, what do you have in those boxes?" Draco asked.

"Well, in the long one, there's my broom. In another one there's a bunch of useless stuff that for some reason I feel the need to keep. In another one there's my important stuff like the invisibility cloak and the Marauders Map and all the rest have clothes in ."

"You only have two boxes of clothes?" Draco asked in disbelief.

"Yeah...," Harry replied.

"We need to go shopping. Honestly." Draco said. "I was thinking we start off with paint, then let it dry over lunch and maybe a shopping trip. Then we rearrange everything."

"Coolio."

The two got started on painting the first wall. It was nice, Harry and Draco just talked about everything and anything. However, by the time they started painting the second wall, Harry had become very bored. He decided to have some fun and discreetly flicked some paint at Draco. He went back to painting the wall like nothing happened. Draco either didn't notice or pretended not to notice. Harry did it again but flicked more paint this time. He went back to painting the wall but he soon felt something hit him. Harry looked down and saw paint on the side of the sweater he was wearing.

He didn't.

Harry laughed to himself. He flicked paint at Draco again and silently decided that this was war. Harry didn't feel anything hit him for a few minutes but then all of sudden he felt something quite big hit him. He looked down again and saw a large patch of paint on his side. Harry decided to carry on painting for a few minutes. After a little while, he made sure he had a generous amount of paint on his paintbrush and leant over to Draco. He looked Draco dead in the eyes as he dragged the paintbrush along Draco's arm.

"Your sweater is losing its scent by the way so you'll be getting it back soon." Harry casually said.

Harry saw Draco mutter to himself and got back to painting the wall. The two hadn't thrown paint at each other for a while and had nearly finished the wall. All of a sudden, Harry could only see white. Harry was quite shocked by this and fell over. He heard Draco laugh.

Time for the ultimate bombshell.

Harry wiped his glasses off so he could see again and lathered his paintbrush in paint. He stood up and faced the still laughing Draco. Harry raised the paintbrush above Draco's head.

"Karma's a bitch." Harry then dragged the paintbrush across Draco's hair.

Draco shrieked and ran away from Harry. "My hair, no, no, no, no." Draco whimpered.

Harry laughed and finished off the wall while Draco was having a meltdown about his hair.

"How could you do this to me Harry?" Draco shrieked.

"Stop being such a drama queen Dray. It'll come out." Harry laughed.

"I am so mad at you Harry. I'm taking a shower to get this out. Get changed and wait in the living room for me." Draco demanded.

Harry decided Draco was already annoyed enough at him so he just got on with what Draco said. Harry threw on some old jeans and his old quidditch sweater and waited downstairs. Harry was only waiting 5 minutes. Draco was surprisingly fast in the shower when he wanted to be. Draco came down in just his jeans with one hand holding his shirt and the other drying his hair with a towel.

"I'm sorry Dray." Harry apologised, struggling to hold back laughter.

"Say it like you mean it and I might consider forgiving you."

Harry got up and placed his arms around Draco's waist. "Draco Lucius Malfoy. From the bottom of my heart, I am sorry. I am very sorry for upsetting you and making you made but I am most sorry for messing up your hair. I hope you forgive me because it was only a joke and I promise on my life it will never happen again."

Harry saw Draco smiling. "I forgive you. Thank you for your apology baby."

"Love you." Harry said.

"Love you too. Now, I was thinking that we should get you some more clothes and we can get lunch in town. Is that okay?"

"Perfect."

Harry and Draco spent a good few hours in town. Draco somehow managed to drag Harry into a Paul Smith shop and Harry somehow managed to drag Draco into a JD sports. Draco insisted that he paid for all of Harry's clothes and Harry insisted he paid for lunch. Harry begged Draco to get a cat but Draco refused. They got back to the house at around three pm.

"Thank you Dray." Harry said.

"No problem baby." Draco kissed Harry on the forehead.

The two took the bags up to their bedroom and placed them down.

"Harry?"

"Yeah."

"Do you think we really need to paint the headboard of the bed? I think it looks quite nice how it is." Draco asked.

Harry looked at the headboard for a few moments before deciding. "It does look quite nice, doesn't it? Let's keep it how it is."

"Great, where should we put the bed?"

"I think in the middle of the room because we can have the bedside tables on each side and a cabinet each side. Where would the tall one go?"

"I think the tall one should be opposite the door to the balcony." Draco said.

"Yeah that'll look good. Let's get to it then." Harry said the last part very unenthusiastically.

They spent the next few hours rearranging everything and unpacking Harry's stuff. No mini wars happened this time. By the time they were finished it was past 6.

"What do you want for dinner?" Draco asked.

"Umm, do you have any pasta?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, do you want it with olive oil, pesto or tomato sauce?"

"Tomato sauce please."

"Let's go to the kitchen." Draco held his hand out for Harry to take and Harry took it gladly. The two went down to the kitchen and Harry sat on the breakfast bar while Draco whipped up some pasta. They sat at the table and and Draco served up the pasta.

"Dray, this is delicious!" Harry exclaimed.

"Thank you." They ate the rest of their dinner in a comfortable silence.

"Ready for a movie?" Draco asked.

"Uh-huh." Harry jumped up and ran to the living room. He found the movie he wanted to watch and handed it to Draco.

"You really want to watch this?" Draco asked.

"It's my favourite movie." Harry said, slightly offended.

"Okay. I'll set it up, go sit on the sofa."

Harry sat on the sofa and wrapped the blanket around himself whilst Draco set up the movie. Draco hit play and sat next to Harry. Harry immediately snuggled up next to Draco. He stayed like that for the entire movie. He heard laughter coming from Draco when Harry sang along to the songs. Who wouldn't sing along to 'Hakuna Matata'? It's iconic.

"Admit it Dray, The Lion King is the best Disney film."

"It's second best for me, Dumbo is my favourite." Draco said.

Harry had found Draco's love of Disney throughout the movie. "Fair-do's."

"Time for bed now." Draco said.

Harry yawned and nodded in agreement. They climbed up the stairs and were ready for bed within 10 minutes. Harry snuggled next to Draco. Before Harry could close his eyes to go to sleep, he had to see something. He heard Draco mutter the spell and Harry saw the lion dance around the room. He fell asleep happy and peaceful.

Harry probably had the best nights sleep his whole life that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 5.7K 23
Eight years ago Harry Potter, a potions addict, disappeared from his family's life. Fast forward eight years to 2016, where a muggle doctor, Draco Ma...
3.3K 102 14
Draco and Harry are back for repeating their 7th year. As inter-house unity and roommate mashups have left certain brunettes and blondes tied in a k...
63.1K 3.2K 21
"You see, Mr Potter, you are currently inside a school of Witchcraft and Wizardry." "Yeah, as if!" ********** Harry Potter's life changes drastically...
51.1K 872 17
what happens when Harry finds out that he has feelings for the one and only Draco Malfoy will he's friends accept it ? will draco feel the same way...