Honoring the bloodline

By Writersofourtime

Everything in life is either a lesson or a blessing, Carter Stone was both. I used to think that this world h... More

Welcome!
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15

14

81 27 16
By Writersofourtime

Chapter 14

''I don't even know what leadership you would use, what kind of government would you build up?'' Carter says as he studies me from across the table and his notes still blank.

''That's for you to find out.'' I simply remark and keep writing notes about Carter.

''Hm, well you got a cross around your neck and now when I think about you Wrights always did go to Sunday church, Hierocracy perhaps?'' Carter proudly says and I give him a weird look.

''Hierocracy because I wear a cross and I go to church on Sundays? Are you kidding me?'' I ask in disbelief, I know he was one of the top students in high school, not only high school, middle school too, there is no way this stupid comment has any seriousness to it.

''I'm kidding, chill out.'' He answers and lightly chuckles.

''The professor said there is a price for the best presentation and I really want to win it and get a good grade, can you try to at least get some work done Carter?'' I say and turn my gaze to my 'partner'.

''What are you even writing down? What can you possibly find out by just sitting and staring at me?'' Carter asks with one eyebrow raised.

''You can learn a lot about one person by just staring at them, but you're right. This isn't going to be enough.'' I agree with him if I'm going to get a good grade I need to do a little more than just staring.

''Get your things, I have got an idea.'' Carter says as he stands up and grabs his textbook.

''Where are we going? And what are we going to do?'' I ask not moving an inch, I don't trust him a bit.

''Getting a good grade 'officer', now will you come with me?'' He pushes and I give in and grab my things. What could possibly go wrong? With him, everything.

The walk to the parking lot was quiet but not awkward quiet, comfortable quiet, and that is weird because being around him should make me feel uncomfortable not the opposite. The fact that Carter is in some way always present is feeling less and less hard and weird as every day passes and I don't know how to feel about that. 

His million dollar Mercedes Benz is in reach and I wonder how someone can put so much money in a car, but at the same time if you are that fortunate then why not? If I were to ever be rich I would give a lot of money to the people I love as well as I would donate to different charities, helping people is something I have always loved to do. I wonder if his stone cold heart would ever consider helping others but himself and his family.

Carter unlocks the car and we get in and it looks as rich inside as it does on the outside. Wow, what a beautiful car, I wonder how it would feel to drive it. When I got my driver license and had been driving for a year dad took me to racing events, we would bet on who we thought would win. The winner got to drive one of the racer cars while the loser would sit on the bench and watch, I sat on the bench every time. My dad has an eye for those kinds of things, I don't, being the sore loser I am dad would still let me drive. I miss those times, I miss home, I really need to talk to Gale about paying a visit home.

Turning my head and eyeing Carter while he is driving and thinking to myself what my parents would think if they knew what I was doing right now. They sure wouldn't be happy about this situation, and to my defense it's not like we are doing this for great fun, it's because of our history class and the assignment we're doing together, nothing more nothing less. 

''What are you frowning about?'' Carter asks turning his attention from the road towards me with his scarred eyebrow slightly raised. 

''Nothing.'' I answer, not wanting to Initiate a longer conversation than needed, only school talk and that's it.

''Whatever.'' He says moving his head back and concentrating on the road.

I can't help but to admire his manly and dominant aura that glows around him, I have always been very dominant 'for a girl', that's one of the reasons why I always hung out with the boys. The tomboy they would call me back in middle school, saying what you think and standing up for yourself was somehow connected to acting like boy, or in this age, a man. Being and staying true to my self should not be referenced to what a man acts like, if i'm too much of a woman for anyone, then they're too much of a boring, small minded, complex, half ass personality. I'm Autumn Wright, perfectly imperfect in my own twisted way, I, Autumn Wright am a woman and act like a woman according to my standard and beliefs. 

''We're here.'' Carter says as he turns off the car and gets out.

I unlock the seatbelt and get out of the car and scan my surroundings. There is a parking lot, and  I notice Mason's car parked near Carters. I turn around and admire the big modern building in front of me, this must be where they live. Why would he bring me here? What are his plans? To chill in his crib and talk? We could have done that in the school hall where we first started off, how am I even going to get back home? 

''Stop overthinking everything and just follow me, don't be annoying, toots.'' Carter says and strolls to the entry of the building. 

''Care to enlighten me on what your plans are?'' I say as I take unsure steps behind him. 

''Are you always this eager?'' Carter ignores my attempt of finding out what we are doing. 

''Are you always this annoying? Oh wait, don't answer that, I already know the answer to that.''  I sarcastically fire back.

''Touché.'' Carter answers with a smug look on his face, that jerk.

We enter the elevator in silence, he is leaning on the mirror while I'm next to him trying to figure out what we are going to do. Not knowing what is happening is something I have always hated, surprises? Hate them. If I don't know what is going on I automatically feel uncomfortable. I guess that is one of the many annoying qualities I have. 

The pitch rings loud in my ears from the elevator and we step out on the top floor. There is only one door and I'm guessing this is where him and Mason live? Carter takes his keys out of his pocket and unlocks the door.

''Mason, do you have the gun?'' Carter yells out as he closes the door  and locks it and I turn around in fear.

''Gun?'' I stutter out and Carter breaks out in laughter.

''I'm joking, thought I'd take your uncomfortableness to my advantage. Malicious enjoyment, Write that down on your notes, that is one of my many attributes.'' Carter says after laughing like a maniac. 

''Mentally noted, you evil dictator.'' I say as while half smiling, I have to admit it was quite funny, evil, but funny.

''What are you two up to?'' Masons shows up and looks at us with that look he always has when Carter and I are bickering, as if I he knows something.

''Leave it to our History professor to put us two in a group project, gotta love what college offers in life, right?'' Carter says, the irony impossible to not notice. 

''Right.'' Mason says his facial expression not changing. What does he know, that I don't?

''Yeah well, so we're here to work on just that. What are you doing?'' Carter says giving I'm a look that looked as if it held a message only the two of them could read.

''I'm fine, I'll leave you two to it then.'' Mason answers giving Carter an assuring smile.

''Actually we are not staying here, we are going up the rooftop, call me if you need me.'' Carter says and lightly grabs my arm as he leads me out.

''Bye Mason.'' I say and notice he is not looking his normal happy self.

''See you around Autumn.'' Mason says and gives me a wink. 

We get out of the apartment and walk up the stairs that lead to the rooftop and one of the most amazing views I have ever laid my eyes on. The sun is still shining, one or two hours before it sets which gives me flashbacks of the nights me and Gale would spend on the mountain top back home every summer since finding the place. This rooftop doesn't beat the view back home, but it's damn sure close. The campus is in reach, birds flying high, the wind breezing though the trees, cars driving on the highway, the big mall of Chicago is shining bright with all the lights, and then ruining my view, Carter Stone staring at me deep in his thoughts. 

''What are we doing?'' I ask for the hundredth time feeling slightly self conscious with his burning gaze on me.

''Getting to know each other, peaches.'' Carter says like that was the most obvious thing ever. 

----------------------------------------------------

Sooooooo sorry for not updating in almost 2 weeks? We have been working 6 days/week so every time we get home we hit the bed and fall asleep. Our work schedule seems to be back on track which means this story is as well !!!!! Greater news is hard to find, right? 

Carter + Autumn + hanging out EVERYDAY = True? Keep reading to find out!

What do you guys think about Masons moments where he falls in deep thoughts when looking at Carter and Autumn?;))

And what was that message Carter sent though facial expression? Best friends do know how to read each other faces, but what was it?

We love you guys!!! thanks for supporting this book and us, we appreciate you so so so much!

Yours truly,

V&M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.9K 3.1K 34
"Love can be a cure, but also a curse. I know it too well, trust me." ><><><><><><>< Evangeline was trying...
33.7K 721 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...
232 0 17
Her life was planned out, but at the age of sixteen she made a choice to change her path. She makes her money by hiring out her services. Bounty Hunt...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...