ZERØ (The Umbrella Academy)

By _world_of_fandoms_

Before Number 1 there was Number 0. Her power is that she can communicate with the darkest creatures on eart... More

Extra Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: The News
Chapter 2: We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals Pt. 1
Chapter 3: We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals Pt. 2
Chapter 4: Run Boy Run
Chapter 6: Man On The Moon
Chapter 7: Number Five
Chapter 8: The Day That Wasn't
Chapter 9: The Day That Was
Chapter 10: I Heard a Rumor
Chapter 11: Changes
Chapter 12: The White Violin
~Part 2~
Chapter 13: Right Back Where We Started
Chapter 14: The Frankel Footage
Chapter 15: The Swedish Job
Chapter 16: The Majestic 12
Chapter 17: Valhalla
Chapter 18: A Light Supper
Chapter 19: Öga for Öga
Chapter 20: The Seven Stages
Chapter 21: 743
Chapter 22: The End of Something
~Part 3~
Chapter 23: Meet the Family
Chapter 24: World's Biggest Ball of Twine
Chapter 25: Pocket Full of Lightning
Chapter 26: Kugelblitz
Chapter 27: Kindest Cut
Chapter 28: Marigold

Chapter 5: Extra Ordinary

24.3K 705 374
By _world_of_fandoms_

Everyone was getting ready for the next mission while Esme leaned against her wall talking to one of her 'friends'

"Esme dear. Who are you talking too?" Mom walked in as she turned her head to her.

"My friend Iyla." Esme answered her.

Iyla looked to Mom and held his hand up, waving with his fingers slowly.

"Ok. Don't stray for too long." Mom told her than headed out.

"You know she couldn't see you right?" Esme asked Iyla.

"I know." He told her with no emotion.

"You should go and I'll go too." He looked to Esme before disappearing.

"Esme come on!" Ben shouted as she put her mask on and ran out of her room.

"Are you sure you're fine Esme?"  Allison asked her as she finished wrapping up her arm.

"I'm fine."  She reassured her.

"It's not like it's the first time it happened."  She lifted up her injured arm and pointed to another claw mark that has been scarred on her body.

"I just need to get out for a bit. Being in this house for too long. Just."  She shrugged.

"I'll be back. Okay?"  Allison gave her a nod.

Esme than grabbed her coat and headed out walking down the street but didn't get too far as she turned her head and saw Klaus going through the trash.

She rolled her eyes and made her way over to him.

"What the hell are you doing?"   She questioned him as Klaus looked to her.

"Well uh."

Five than climbed down the rest of the fire escape as he looked to his brother.

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, but then it occurred to me...I don't care."  Five told him.

Esme smiled at his words.

"Well at least I know I have a sister that cares about me."  Klaus pointed to Esme who stood in front of the dumpster.

"It's Esme. She cares about everyone.  That's why everyone likes her, that's why she's my favorite."  Five told him and Esme smiled more.

"You just made my day."  Esme looked to Five.

"Hey. Hey. You need anymore company today?  I could, Uh clear my schedule."  Klaus changed the topic looking to Five.

"Looks like you got your hands full."  Five held the straps of the bag as Klaus drank from his flask.

"Oh this no. I can do this whenever. I just-."  He fell down in the dumpster.

"I just misplaced something.

"I could do something. I need to get out of that house for awhile."  Esme commented.

"Oh. Found it. Thank god."  He held a piece of bagel and bit into it as Esme looked disgusted.

"Delicious."

"I'm done funding your drug habit."  Five than walked off.

"Oh come on. I just want to hang out with my brother-not you."  He turned to Ben that was sitting on the edge of the dumpster.

Klaus completely forgetting Esme was still there. She parted her lips a bit as she took in his words.

"Klaus."  Ben tried to get his attention.

"I love you!"  He called to Five.

"Klaus!"  Ben said again. 

"Even if you can't love yourself!" 

Klaus spit the bagel out as his eyes drifted to Esme.

"Oh shit."  He mumbled.

"Is Ben here?"  Esme questioned him.

"Uh Esme. We should-"

"Klaus!  Is Ben here?!"  She shouted making him look at her in shock, she rarely did that.

"Yes."  He told her softly and Ben looked at her sadly.

"Why didn't you tell me?"  Her voice was laced with hurt.

"You know how much I was close to him, I even asked you...". She stepped back a bit.

"Tell her I'm sorry."  Ben looked to Klaus.

"He's sorry."  Klaus looked to his sister and she looked at Klaus.

Ben continued to watch Esme as some tears built in her eyes. He jumped down from the dumpster and stood in front of her.

"I just never knew what to tell you. I still don't."  Ben looked at sadly than disappeared.

"He left."  Klaus told her.

"I'm sorry Esme. He wasn't ready to talk. He just, Doesn't know.  It's hard to explain."  Klaus waves his hands a bit in the air.

"Just forget it."  She mumbled.
~~~

"What's going on?" Esme asked as she entered the room where the rest of the siblings were except Five.

"Luther wants to shut down Mom." Diego told her.

"What?!" Esme gave him a look.

"You saw the video Esme." He turned to her.

"Doesn't mean anything."

"I'm with Luther." Allison pipped in.

"Surprise. Surprise." Diego turns to Allison.

"Shut up."

"I-I" Vanya stumbled as everyone looked to her.

"Yeah she shouldn't even get to vote." Diego spoke.

"I was gonna say that I agree with you." Vanya gave him a look.

"Okay. She should get a vote. What about you stoner boy?" Diego pointed to Klaus who was standing next to Esme.

"Oh, so, what? You need my help now?"

"Get out of the van Klaus! Well, welcome back to the van." He mimicked Luther.

"What van?" Esme questioned.

"What's it going to be Klaus?" Luther stepped forward.

"I'm with Diego, because screw you! And if Ben were here he would agree with me."

"No, I don't." Ben said from the bar stool and Klaus made a hissing noise towards him.

Esme was going to say something but decided not too.

"Esme?" Diego asked as they looked to her.

"I don't vote." She looked to them.

"I'm not picking sides." That made Luther and Diego groan.

"Fine. Three to two." Diego looked to Luther.

"Votes not final yet." Allison piped up.

"Fives not here yet."

"We should wait."

That's when everyone started to leave.

"God. I just need to leave this place." Esme grumbled and handed back to her room.
~~~

Esme hummed a bit as she made her way to the kitchen to grab some chips when she heard a noise behind her.

She turned around and saw two figures with masks on their face along with guns. She quickly made a run for it, the bullet grazing her side and she let out a scream.

"Come on. Let's go!" She heard a female voice that shot her say to the partner before the two made their way elsewhere.

"ESME!" She heard Diego shout, but she was too busy trying to take in what just happened.

She looked down and saw the side of her shirt began to turn red.

More gun shots rang in the distance as Esme made her way through the house.

"Diego?! Luther?!" She called out and she gasped as she felt a sharp pain go through her.

"Klaus?! Allison?!" She called out for the rest.

"Shit." She groaned as she saw it dripping on the floor.

She than heard a crash from the other room and made her way slowly towards it. She saw Luther run up the stairs and saw Allison and Diego look at each other.

"Did you know?" Vanya questioned.

"No." Allison answered.

"Guys..." Esme spoke making the three turned to her, when they saw her shirt.

"Oh my god." Allison mumbled as Diego quickly wrapped her one arm around his neck to support her.

"Shit. Shit!" Diego hissed as he looked to Esme than to Allison.

"Should we get Mom?" Vanya asked.

"She's not in the correct mind right now. We'll do it ourselves." Allison told him as they made their way to the room.

Diego laid Esme down on on the table and ripped her shirt open.

"It's not that bad."  Allison sighed in relief.

"Yeah. Hurts like hell though."  She hissed and grabbed Diego's hand tightly.

Allison began to clean the wound out and start to stitch it.

"Oh god. I'm think about to pass out."  Esme breathed out as she blinked a bit.

"You're fine."  Diego reassured her and she felt another wave of pain shoot through her and black dots appeared and then saw darkness.

"She passed out."  Diego told Allison as he supported Esmes' head.

In the corner of the medic room Iyla stood as he watched the whole scene go down.  His right hand turned into a fist slowly and the lights began to flicker.

Diego and Allison looked up than around.

"What's that?"  Allison questioned while Diego didn't say anything.

Iyla looked at the two than back at Esme before disappearing as the lights went back to normal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 8K 26
"I'm not letting you get hurt again." "Even at the cost of the world?" "Even at the cost of the world." | book one | season one | | total word count...
438K 10.5K 27
❝I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴡᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʏ ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Eɪɢʜᴛ? Yᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ ʟᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ, ᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sʜᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛᴏʀʏ?❞ ❝Iᴛ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ sᴇ...
232K 7.1K 54
XXX "Why not?" Five asked, "I thought you would want to, especially because you would want to kill everyone." She smiled, "That's exactly why they t...
128K 1.8K 36
You and five were best friends adopted by the same father. You are known as number eight your powers with the same as five space and time travel. One...