Togetherness

By writerscrafts

EDITING [I marched up to him, "Where the hell were you? I thought something happened to you. Did you not care... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Epilogue
End note
Announcement

Eleven

54.8K 1.4K 415
By writerscrafts

Bane and I stood opposite each other, wondering what to do.

"Okay what are we going to feed you, Moscow said there's no proper food, so I'm clueless as to what you—"

"Sweets." I interrupted.

Noticing his confused expression, I expanded "I...um, we can check the pantry for goodies?" I ended with a question, my voice getting smaller as I realized how childish I sounded.

Not seeming bothered, more so amused, Bane nodded, "Yeah, goodies seem to be preferable." He replied in an amused tone.

Walking over to the pantry, he scrummaged through the cereals and granola bars, looking for actual sweets.

Making my way to the double door fridge, I called out, "I'll check the fridge and freezer for ice cream or sweets."

Letting out a light chuckle, he "mmm-ed" in response.

Having found no sweets in the fridge, I moved on to the freezer, checking for ice cream.

Disappointment coursed through me as the first drawer lacked ice cream. However, as I opened the second drawer, a pink and blue tub caught my eye.

"Bane!" I voiced out my findings, "I found cotton candy ice cream!"

I moved around quickly, grabbing two bowls and the last spoon remaining in the washer, along with the scooper.

Stacking them on the counter, I turned towards Bane expectantly. Seemingly having just finished with the pantry, he came towards the counter holding a pack of mini white-chocolate kisses, a victorious expression on his face.

"I brought us some friends" He says with a grin.

Letting out a sound of amusement, I gestured for him to take a seat. He pulled out a stool, opting to sit opposite of me. I climbed up onto the counter taking a criss cross position.

Opening the tub, I grabbed the scooper and place two hefty chunks of ice cream into the two bowls.

Pushing the second one towards Bane, I started to dig in, only to have Bane cut me off.

"Hey, sweetness, where's my spoon?"

"Uh, um..." Taking a second to recuperate from the fact that he'd nicknamed me, and that too 'sweetness', I then continued "Sweetness huh?" "And this was the last one in the washer, the rest are put away and I got lazy, we can just share."

Failing to decipher the look on his face, I smiled in content with my fast thinking.

Then, taking a chunk out of my ice cream, I reached the spoon over to his mouth.

Bane, seeming ready to object, was cut off with the spoonful of ice cream getting shoved into his mouth.

I laughed in delight, childish of me, yes, but it was amusing.

The cotton candy colours got on the area around his mouth too.

Realizing that it'll go to waste if he didn't lick it off, my brain cut off all reasonable thought and function and allowed me to reach over and take a quick swipe of the ice cream on his face, gathering it on my finger and popping it into my mouth.

Banes eyes darkened considerably, once again wearing the expression observed earlier, but that quickly changed when I gave him a grin, his expression morphing into one of amusement.

"You have zero control, don't worry I'll go grab another spoon, you finish your ice cream."

Getting ready to refute his statement, I thought on it for a second, and then decided to agree. I nodded, going back to finishing my ice cream.

Oh sweet heaven of mine.

Roughly forty minutes, the whole tub of ice cream finished, and a lot of bad jokes later, Bane and I were interrupted by the door opening.

I was greeted with the sound of Greys usual welcoming.

"Honey I'm home!" To which Bane replied loudly, "I'm in the kitchen sweetie." In his regular deep voice.

Having processed this exchange, I dissolved in a fit of laughter, soon followed by three others joining me.

The number of laughs confused me, having me sober up relatively fast.

By the time I had, Grey had arrived in the kitchen, and in tow were Maggie, Adonis and Jasmine.

Ah, that explains the numerous laughs.

Maggie, like always, was excited and bouncing, quickly making her way towards me, followed by Jasmine.

Steadying myself beforehand, I wasn't caught off guard when Maggie all but threw herself on me, followed by her getting shoved off me by a light force and then me getting engulfed in a light warm hug.

The presence of Jasmine, so soothing, I thought.

Maggie interrupted my peaceful moment,
"Where's the voice that married Grey? Oh! I'm so exited to meet him! Grey talked about him loads and I still haven't seen him, and really I don't understand why because Grey said I'd leave him for the new guy and I told Grey there's a fat chance if he—" She paused, "What?"

Having noticed the amusement on both Jasmine and I's face, she'd stopped talking.

She wasn't aware of the fact that Bane was behind her, he too, amused.

Maggie must've noticed our eyes flickering behind her, as she whirled around fast.

"Adonis!" She yelled abruptly, "Give your name to your new roommate, he deserves it!" She continued.

This was followed by an offended "Hey!" from Grey, along with padding footsteps and Ado's laugh.

Jas and I shared a look, having seen the semi frightened expression on Banes face, and were quick to join Ado.

I had loved Maggie's personality from the first day of meeting her, she was different from other people in general, and a light in the lives she had a place in.

And after spending time with her, the random loud statements were a commonality, along with her ability to speak her mind regardless of what shit it may land her in.

I looked towards Bane, who had edged closer towards me in the time span that the others had invaded the kitchen.

His carefree nature from earlier, prior to being aware of the additional guests, had dissolved. A more reserved one taking place.

Unaware that I was staring, I flushed when he turned his head abruptly and caught me.

Though when he gave me a friendly smile, my previous embarrassment faded away.

It's not like I was perving anyway, it was an observatory gaze, in my opinion.

Sure, observatory, my conscience voiced out.

When Adonis spoke, my attention was brought to the situation at hand.

"So Bane, since Magpie over here thinks you're the true Adonis, when's the name change."

"Uh..." Pausing to scratch his head lightly, "I got most the paperwork in the back, figured this day would come." He finished, continuing Ado's joke.

I let out a light laugh, their antics were funny, and they were doing it to annoy Grey further, who was pouting like a child.

Maggie cut in, noticing her boyfriends distress.

"Don't worry Grey, I love you, I'd just love you more if you had Bane's fac—" She stopped
abruptly, shock expressed on her face.

At the same time, Greys face had lit up, his previous mood vanished into thin air.

Bane and I glanced at each other in confusion. My train of thought was cut off by the sound of an annoyed huff and the slap of another hand.

"Fuck, you couldn't have waited longer?" Ado questioned angrily.

Jasmine, releasing a series of excited noises, was clapping her hands like a seal.

It was then that I noticed the $20 clutched in her hand. While I analyzed the situation, Adonis quickly explained.

"Jasmine and I bet on who'd say 'I love you' first, and — if Magpie just kept it in— so now Jas has a 20 and Grey's going to be in La La land for the next couple weeks."

Oh. So I was slow, clearly. I felt a little better knowing Bane too had just made sense of the situation.

The two lovers hadn't said their 'I love you's yet, and that was Maggie who let it out first.

Taking a look around the kitchen, Bane was bent near the floor, Loki playing at his feet.

And Jas was cooing at Ado, not in a supportive girlfriend way, but in the 'I won, you sore loser' way.

Maggie and Grey were no where to be seen, but from the noise coming from the opposite side of the apartment, I'd guess they were in Grey's room.

I made my way over to Bane and Loki, crouching down next to the two and greeting Loki happily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 280K 54
"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen here Princess, because I'm not going to re...
404K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
31.3K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
1.9K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...