I'm back | ✓

sydneyrgriffin tarafından

When Annalise Stark's mother died, her music went with her. Now, she's the new girl all over again. Except sh... Daha Fazla

00 | casting !!
01 | I'm back ..
02 | last first day !
I'm back - 03 | the party from hell
I'm back - 04 | funland
I'm back - 05 | summer & horror do mix
I'm back - 06 | thick as thieves
I'm back - 07 | meeting meredith
I'm back - 08 | red flag no.1
I'm back - 10 | comfort zones
I'm back - 11 | the waiting game
I'm back - 12 | a girl's day
I'm back - 13 | faux family dinner
I'm back - 14 | the cheer up committee
I'm back - 15 | a mandatory rager
I'm back - 16 | wicked hangover
I'm back - 17 | frostbite
I'm back - 18 | new girl in town
I'm back - 19 | corruption
I'm back - 20 | special timez
I'm back - 21 | the hard holiday
I'm back - 22 | evil stepsister
I'm back - 23 | singing in the shower
I'm back - 24 | the rehearsal
I'm back - 25 | final engagement
I'm back - 26 | disaster child
I'm back - 27 | apples & undereye bags
I'm back - 28 | I love you
I'm back - 29 | attitude
I'm back - 30 | high stakes
I'm back - 31 | last day of school :)
I'm back - 32 | a guy's day
I'm back - 33 | new york, new york
I'm back - 34 | fangirling
I'm back - 35 | karaoke queen
I'm back - 36 | record & relish
I'm back - 37 | tourist traps
I'm back - 38 | the looong day
I'm back - 39 | home sweet home
I'm back - 40 | the end !!

I'm back - 09 | drinking our problems

273 11 2
sydneyrgriffin tarafından

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I felt myself stir as I heard voices, "She's been asleep practically all day," I heard Daphne say with a twinge of audible sadness on her tongue.

"Did she tell you what happened?" I recognized that voice, Aiden.

"No, she just said it was something with your dad."

Aiden sighed, "I should have stayed. I went to Ryan's right after school," I didn't want him to feel guilty anymore nor did I want to eavesdrop, so I opened my eyes. "Annalise?"

I stared between them as Daphne sat next to me, "How do you feel?"

I blinked a few more times, still trying to wake up. I sat up, "Better." Sleep definitely helped, although it did nothing to ease the anger I felt towards my father right now.

Aiden sat down on the other side of me, "Lise, what happened?" He had concern written all over his face making me feel even more guilty for running off like that.

I frowned, remembering the whole thing. I looked away, not being able to face him. "Dad. That's what happened. He chewed me out for defending myself and then somehow blamed mom. He said she messed up on parenting, Aiden!" I wiped a stray tear from my face.

Aiden's features were hard but I could read my twin like a book and I could tell he was pissed.

I didn't even know what to say, nothing I did would make him- or me- feel better. Luckily, Daphne spoke up. "Well, you can stay here as long as you need." Aiden pulled out his phone and Daphne slapped his hand, "Get off!" She hissed.

He surrendered his hands, dropping his phone. "I was just going to tell Ryan that I couldn't make it to the party tonight." This perked my attention.

"Party?" My voice was barely above a whisper. Both Aiden and Daphne's heads whipped to look at me. I managed to crack a smile, "Can I come?" I asked, quietly again.

Aiden looked at me as if I was crazy but Daphne had an evil glint in her eye, "We should both go."

Aiden shook his head, "What, no-"

I cut him off, "I want to go, it'll help take my mind off of things." He growled but nodded. I dangled my feet over the edge of her bed. "This will be fun," I assured them, though Aiden seemed hesitant.

"It's a back-to-school party, hence why it's on a Monday." He said with a forced chuckle. I looked between the both of them, practically the angel and devil on my shoulders. They both seemed to look for me for confirmation like they were walking on eggshells waiting for me to fall apart again. I nodded meekly before standing up.

I glanced at the clock, "It's seven o'clock! I've been out all day?" I turned my gaze back to Daphne who just nodded, "Wow, I guess I really needed the sleep." Though I didn't feel anything but tired. No matter how much sleep I get, the emotional baggage I carry ensures I'm exhausted.

"What time is the party, Aiden?" Daphne asked, pulling out her phone.

"It started an hour ago but it's going until two, so we can go whenever." He said with a shrug. "I'll go and pick up Ryan and Zach and we will meet here." Daphne gives him a thumbs up confirming the plans and Aiden walks out.

Daphne sits down on her bed, hugging Mr. Fuzz. "Annalise, are you sure you're up for this? We don't have to go, we can always stay in and have a fun girls' night." Daphne suggests.

I force a smile on my face, "No, I want to go." I didn't really want to in all honesty. But the thought of drinking my problems has suddenly become as appealing as snickerdoodles, my favorite cookies.

Daphne's face morphs into one of happiness, "Well, in that case, we need to start getting ready!" My eyes widen as she practically drags me to the bathroom. And when it's all over I admire myself in the mirror. After showering, shaving, and shining I feel one thousand percent better.

Daphne loaned me a tight black crop top, it wraps around your neck showing a great deal of cleavage and a pair of straight-legged pants. I matched them with a pair of her Dr. Martens, my signature go-to. I did some natural, summer-toned make-up to match up with it- I wasn't In the mood to go all out- and tied my hair up in a twist with a claw clip.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Daphne walk out of her closet. "You look hot, babe!" She cheered, hyping me up.

I smiled contagiously. Since moving home I'm experiencing things that I can't remember the last time I did them. I actually can't remember the last time I dressed up and went out to a high school party, it feels like forever ago.

"Thanks, Daph, you too." My compliment was weak, but I meant it nonetheless.

I almost screamed in fright when Daphne's bedroom door banged open. It was almost a full thirty seconds before Ryan walked in. "I'm here, bitches. The party can start, now." He announced in full monotone.

I rolled my eyes as I waved to him, "H-Hey Ryan," I was still a bit shaken up. And considering my day so far, I have a right to be.

He coughed loudly, "Ahem." He cleared his throat deliberately, aiming it at Daphne. She signed and greeted him with enthusiasm. He smiled cockily, "Why hello ladies."

"Where are Aiden and Zach?"

He shrugged, flopping down on Daphne's bed casually. "They're coming." Suddenly I heard their footsteps as they both walked into the room. "Finally! You guys ready to go?" Ryan asked in annoyance.

I rolled my eyes at his behavior, "I'm ready, we're just waiting on Daphne," I said the last part extra loudly so that she could hear.

"Yeah! Yeah!" She called back, walking out of her closet. "I'm ready." I linked arms with her as she swatted at me for 'bullying her' as she called it and we walked out of the room, Ryan way ahead of us.

Suddenly I heard a loud thwack coming from Daphne's room. "Stop checking out my sister!" It was Aiden. Followed by an "I was not!" from Zach before another thwack was heard, followed by a cry of pain from Aiden.

I cringed, covering my mouth to keep in the laugh. "Man, that's gotta hurt." Daphne wasn't successful and she burst out laughing. We made it all the way to the front door before I realized I had left my purse in the kitchen, "Shit, I have to grab my purse. Be right back, Daph."

She nodded before joining Ryan in the living room to wait.

I usually carry a much different purse, a small compact one with a long strap. But tonight I was carrying an even smaller, studded clutch with a metal strap that dug into my shoulder blade. But it was small enough that I wouldn't lose it but big enough to hold my phone and ID.

I grabbed the purse off the counter, causing it to scrape against it. I headed towards the living room; and right before I walked in I heard, "Whatever makes you happy." He mumbles, he being Ryan and she being Daphne.

I gasped quietly, 'Whatever makes you happy.' Did he really just say that?

I knew that Daphne had a crush on Ryan growing up. Back then It had just been the four of us: me, Aiden, Daphne, and Ryan. But I had no idea that they were actually in a relationship... of some sort.

Out of instinct I turned and booked it back up the stairs to find Aiden- and Zach- as kids we told each other everything, and even now, that never really changed. When I reached the hallway outside of Daphne's room I ran straight into Zach and we ended up tangled on the floor.

Aiden crossed his arms over his chest, "Dude, really?" He raised a brow.

Zach looked from me to Aiden and back again as I straddled his torso awkwardly, "Oh don't look at me like that, Aiden!" He huffed loudly.

I giggled as my brother facepalmed before walking out. Zach looked like he was going to complain about something but I shushed him as I got off up, "You'll never guess what I just heard!" I said with an excited squeal.

He leaned up a bit on his elbows as I sat next to him criss-cross, "What?"

I cleared my throat and tried my best Ryan impression, "Whatever makes you happy." I'm getting really good at these impressions.

Zach's eyes widened in surprise, "Ryan said that?" I guess my Ryan impression was more spot-on than I thought. "Who did he say that to?.." It seemed as if he already knew the answer.

"Who do you think?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Shit. Ryan and Daphne, huh?"

I nodded, grabbing his hand. "Come on! We have to go down there and act natural and see what we can get out of them. We've got to be spies, can you handle that, Zach?" I said in my spy voice.

He laughed, "I think I got it." We crept down the stairs and by the time we made it Aiden, Ryan, and Daphne were waiting for us. "So much for being spies." Zach whispered to me as we made our way to Aiden's car, he's the designated driver.

I made sure to sit shotgun as I get claustrophobic in the back when there are too many people. But I didn't even reach for the radio, aux, nothing.

Within minutes we had arrived. The house was huge, and the closer we got the more familiar it felt. Until it clicked. I recognized this house, it belongs to Tommy Boyd and his family, one of Cheshire High's resident partiers. I remember the wild rager he threw my freshman year.

We climbed out of the car one by one and I was hit by the strong smell of alcohol, sweat, and vomit. I cringed at it, I forgot how bad it smells. "You okay?" Daphne asked looking over at me.

I nodded and gave her a reassuring smile, "Fine." I wonder if she and Aiden had told Zach and Ryan what happened, or if I just look like a Debbie-Downer to them.

I weaved through people in the front yard to get to the door and I was the first one in. "Annalise!" Aiden called after me as he and Zach caught up, Daphne and Ryan going their own separate ways. Suspicous.

"Yes?" I ask, turning to face them.

"Don't go off alone, please." Aiden pleaded with me.

I rolled my eyes, "Yet you get to?"

He shook his head, "That's not what I meant and you know it."

"What do you mean then?"

He sighs, "I mean that you've only been back in school one day and you don't know most of these people. I just want you to be safe and have fun."

I waved him off, walking inside. I heard him and Zach say a few words I couldn't hear before Zach followed me inside. I headed to the kitchen, and again, Zach followed. "Want a beer?" He asked while grabbing one for himself.

I thought it over, "Sure." I said, sticking to my original plan. I took it from him, popping the tab, and taking a long swig. "This tastes disgusting!" I cringe trying to get the taste out of my mouth.

Zach burst out laughing, "I know! But it isn't about how it tastes, it's about what it does."

He has a fair point.

I didn't get to argue with him further because someone else called for him, "Hey Zach, come here!" Someone yelled from the other room.

He glanced over and nodded before turning back to me, "I'll be right back," he didn't even wait for me to agree to his terms before he was off. I watched as they spoke and Zach set his beer down as the boy handed him another and he started shotgunning it.

I didn't need a babysitter.

So I used this time to escape Zach's clutches. I downed my awful-tasting beer before I poured myself a glass of straight svedka. This stuff would get the job done right, although I wasn't sure I wanted to drink my problems anymore. Not with school tomorrow.

School?.. Or drinking your problems? The answer was clear. I downed the svedka and stumbled out of the kitchen, almost tripping over someone passed out on the floor of the walkway.

I wandered around a bit dazed, my stomach hurt.

I felt it before it even came, "Uh oh." I muttered to myself quietly. I tapped some random boy on the shoulder, "I'm going to puke, can you bring me to the bathroom?" I asked calmly. He chuckled, nodding, and started to lead the way. Luckily he knew the urgency of the situation and hurried, all the while I'm forcing down my vomit.

When we arrived I didn't have time to thank him as I started to hurl into the toilet. It was mostly alcohol and stomach acid as I didn't have much to eat today, it was probably a stupid decision to drink on an empty stomach.

I continued retching until all that was coming out was clear liquid. I felt better but still like shit.

I flushed the toilet and washed my hands. I knew my breath was probably wretched so I searched the bathroom and smiled as I pulled down an unopened container of mouthwash. After swishing for a minute I was ready to go.

As I walked out I still stumbled. Not because I was drunk or tipsy, but because I was light-headed. Most likely a symptom of my accidental purge.

When I entered the living room I saw Zach looking around frantically until his eyes landed on me. "I said I'd be right back, where'd you go?" I just stared at him, that had been at least an hour ago.

I shrugged and looked at my hands, "I was trying to have fun, I don't need a babysitter you know." I'm a junior in high school, I can drive a car, I think I can take care of myself for a few hours.

"I know you don't-"

I interrupted him, "Well then, if you'll excuse me." I wanted to leave, I felt like utter shit. But my pride enabled me from telling Zach exactly what he and Aiden expected to hear from me.

I walked away, returning to the large crowd.

It had been two hours and I was contemplating throwing up again. It was still in my system, I could tell, but it wouldn't come out. Finally, I decided to just have another drink in an attempt to help my body to throw up the toxins.

When I was making it in the kitchen I felt a tug on my arm. I turned around to see Ryan, "Annalise!" He slurred, gripping the counter for support.

He was really drunk, "Ryan? How much have you had to drink?" I don't know why I asked, he was clearly very drunk, so a lot.

"Not that many, definitely not as many as Zach. He's fucked up!" Ryan slurred again. I looked around, asking Ryan where he and Daphne were hoping that he would be able to answer in his right mind. He seemed to be deep in thought before he clapped his hands, "Oh I know, I know! He was about to jump off the roof into the pool."

Through all of the queasiness, I was struck sober. "What?" I ask frantically. "When was that?"

Ryan shrugged, "A minute ago?.." I quickly grabbed his hand, dragging him out to the car. I put him in the backseat, "Ryan, stay here! Do not leave this car! Do you hear me?"

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest, "Okay mom!" He pretended to look out the window like he was the main character in a music video.

I rolled my eyes at him before running back inside the house and straight up the stairs. I looked around quickly before I saw the gigantic window that had been pushed open. I looked out onto the plateau ledge where I saw Zach.

At the bottom, people were chanting 'Jump! Jump! Jump!' I could also see Daphne swimming in her bra and underwear. I probably should've kept a better eye on my friends. Aiden was the designated driver and Ryan was supposed to watch Daphne. But Ryan is drunk sitting in the car.

I'm not too keen on heights, but he was about to jump. "Zach!" I yelled as I hurriedly climbed out onto the ledge. I gripped the side of the house tightly, clenching my fists as he turned and looked at me.

He smiled, "Oh, hey princess." He said casually as if he wasn't about to jump to his death.

I sighed in relief, "Come here, Zach." I held my hand out for him. He quickly obliged, taking my hand in his. I took him with me as I carefully approached the ledge and the crowd turned to me "What is wrong with you? He's clearly intoxicated. If he were to jump I'm almost 90% sure he'd miss the actual pool. He'd fall on the concrete and die! This is at least a ten-foot jump across to the pool, no dumbass is jumping tonight!" I screamed in fury, I squeezed Zach's hand to make sure he was still there and I pulled him with me off of the roof and back through the window.

"But Princess," he whined, "I wanted to jump."

I shook my head, squeezing his hand once again. "No Zach, you're too drunk, come on." I pulled him through the house and towards the car where Ryan still sat.

I put him in the passenger seat and closed the door, "Please stay here Zach, please." As drunk as he was, he still nodded and flashed me a thumbs up. But just to make sure I locked the door and put on the child lock. I am not letting Zach jump off that ledge.

Now to get Daphne.

I walked back into the backyard and of course, Daphne was still in the pool. "Daph!" I called and she turned to me, "You know that black Infiniti? Tom Holland is sitting in the back seat! He's on the left side." I steered her to the side without the child lock.

Her eyes widened and she squealed, "Tom, I'm coming baby!" She climbed out of the pool and ran for the car. I chuckled at her drunkenness and grabbed her clothes. When I got to the car she was standing outside of it, "W-What am I doing here?" She shivered, she'd forgotten all about Tom Holland in her drunkenness.

"The party's over, everyone went home so now we're leaving."

She must be freezing, even though it is March- South Carolina weather is very wacky and it's nighttime, it still gets very cold. I helped her get dressed before also helping her into the backseat of the car next to Ryan.

She immediately cuddled into his side. I smiled at their cuteness.

I stood outside the car and dialed Aiden's number, he was supposed to drive. He didn't answer and I just groaned. I hadn't had a drink in two hours and I had thrown up any alcohol I did have, so I was alright to drive. But I was nervous about leaving my brother.

Eventually, I pulled his keys out of my purse where he'd put them for safekeeping and I got in the driver's seat. I quickly started the car to help Daphne would warm up quicker. Zach looked out the window sadly, "But party."

I rolled my eyes, "You're too drunk to party." I threw the car in reverse and we were off.

𝙸 𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚖 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 :)

𝚂𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚠'𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝? 𝙸 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝. 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚢𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚘 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚢 𝚢𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢.

𝚀𝙾𝚃𝙲- 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙾𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

- 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍'𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚏 𝚑𝚎'𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚍? 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚝?.. 𝚘𝚛?...

𝚡𝚘𝚡𝚘 𝚜𝚢𝚍

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

29.5K 1.2K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
300 18 13
The flashing lights of paparazzi and the millions of calls from her record label and manager aren't the only things Annabella Graveston has to worry...
4.5K 296 80
Change was what Kristina Monroe wanted the most. A change of scenery. Maybe even going to a different town. But Kristina didn't expect was that her w...
15.9K 533 10
𝘈 𝘗𝘶𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘴: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 [Completed] ➝ You, aka [Name], were the daughter of one of the twelve danc...