After The Storm (Sequel)

By Lovergirl723

Liliana Garcia has always made it through anything life has thrown her way, but after so much loss and hearta... More

Nothing was the same
Unhappy Holidays
Breaking Point
Coping
Change
Boston
Valentine's Day
How to Save a life
Jaws of Life
Trouble in Paradise
Contracts
Silver Flood
First day
We hate him
His secret
Attack
Sorry
Memory lane
Feedback
Believe In Yourself
I have to
Not Ready
Thankful
I Wish You Were Here
How Can I help
Ending
Disrespectful
Q&A
Issues
What's Going on
It Was An Accident
This Can't Be Happening
Bigger Person
Time For A Change
Best Man
Opinions?
Happy Again
Wedding Bells
Hard Decisions
If you love someone tell them
Mistakes
Exhaustion
Adjustments
Insecure
A Day Back
Quality Time
Uncertainty
Frustrated
Destiny
The Unknown
Look Who's In Town
Turn Coat
Are you happy?
Reunited Part 1
Reunited Part 2
Mom's Back
Never Ready
Neglect
Misunderstanding
Heroics
Leave It Behind
Realization
Apologies
Unexpected News
Operation Day
Harper Avery's
Understanding
Hacked
Can We Talk?
Bias
Innovation
Date night
Trial and Error
Couples Therapy
Scandal
Crisis Mode
Good Intentions
Wrong Venue, Right Time

Back to work

4.1K 92 3
By Lovergirl723

Liliana's pov

"And you made sure to put enough diapers in her bag, the bottles of milk, the blankets..." I ask Jackson as I try to think of everything Isabella could possibly need for daycare.

"Lily, I've got this. I've already checked the bag numerous times to make sure everything is in there. Relax." Jackson sighed. Today is Isabella's first day of daycare and my first day officially back at work. Even though Jackson is the one taking her I was still doing what all mothers do. Trying make sure that things ran smoothly and on schedule.

"It is our baby's first day of daycare Jackson. How am I supposed to relax?"

"She's going to be fine. She's going to be in a daycare that's in the same building as us. She's not going to be far away." He reminded me.

"I know." I sigh. I was definitely overprotective of Isabella which was obvious at this point so I didn't like the idea of not having her with me all day even though I knew she would have to start going to daycare once I started back working. I just liked to always have her near and keep a check on her because nobody knows my child and her needs like Jackson and I do so it's hard trusting other people to watch her.

"Cheer up. It's your first day back at work. You get to actually have adult interaction today." He said making me chuckle.

"Well I did miss that." I admit. "Okay, I'm going to let you finish getting her ready. Text me when you make it here." I said.

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled before hanging up. I slid my phone into my pocket before leaving the attendants lounge and walking over to the front desk. Amelia had done an amazing job at running my department while I was out, so luckily everything was organized and running smoothly. I still needed to review some files just to get a little more caught up and give me an idea of what I was returning to today.

"Hey, you're back." Amelia smiled walking over to the front desk where I stood reviewing patient information.

"Yeah of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" I chuckled.

"No, I mean you're back early."

"Nope, I've always planned to return on the 29th, remember." I say as I pass my patients chart to a nurse.

"Well I have good news for you, you still get three more days with Isabella because today's the 26th."

"Nope, it's the 29th, see." I say handing her my iPad with the date programmed into it.

"Really." She frowned.

"Yeah, believe me I've been thinking about this day all week."

"Oh my God. I'll be back." She said as her smile dropped from her face and she began walking down the hallway.

"That was weird." I mumbled to myself as my pager went off. I rushed down to the E.R. where a patient had just came in with a skull fracture. I got him prepped for surgery before taking him down to the O.R. There was a lot bleeding which complicated the surgery so it took about 6 hours, but it was overall a successful surgery. I took the patient to recovery before instructing my intern to notify me once the patient woke up.

I went to the attendants lounge to check my phone and to make sure that Jackson let me know that he and Isabella had made it to the hospital, which he had hours ago during my surgery. I ate a quick snack before walking back out into the hallway. I saw Amelia also rushing down the hallway until she walked into a supply closet where all the medical equipment is kept. I decided to follow her and check on her after she rushed away this morning since something was obviously bothering her.

"Oh, hi." Amelia gasped turning around to face the door as I walked into the supply closet.

"Hey, I just wanted to check on you, you seemed like something was on your mind earlier. What are you even doing back here?" I frowned looking at all of the supplies that were messily sprawled all over the place.

"Nothing." She shook her head.

"You're lying. You look super sketchy right now."

"Close the door." She said.

"Okay." I frowned as I closed it. "What's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant. I think."

"You think?"

"Yeah, I'm late and I'm never late but I need to take a test so I can be for sure." She said as she resumed looking for a pregnancy test.

"They're right here." I said grabbing one off of the shelf and handing it to her. "You can use that if you want, but I would recommend getting a blood test and sending it to labs if you want to be 100 percent sure."

"I thought about that, but the moment I go up to OB to get a blood test, people are going to know that I might be pregnant and I don't want anyone assuming until I'm sure." She sighed nervously.

"I can do it. I'm not busy right now and it'll only take a couple of minutes. We can just go to a regular E.R. room."

"Oh my God. Thank you. Thank you."

"It's no problem." I assured her. She placed the pregnancy test back in its cart before following me to an examination room.

"Have you told Owen you might be pregnant?" I asked her while drawing some blood samples.

"No, he's so ready to be a dad and I don't want to get his hopes up just to find out I'm not even pregnant."

"I understand that, but you should still tell him. The possibility of having a child and your whole entire life changing is scary and you shouldn't go through it alone, Owen's your husband he's your partner through stuff like this."

"Maybe you're right. I guess you are kind of pro at this marriage stuff at this point." She sighed.

"I definitely wouldn't say that." I chuckled.

"The thought of parenthood just freaks me out. You are literally responsible for another human being. I don't know how you do it."

"It can definitely be scary and overwhelming, but when you have a child it's like your instincts just kick in. If you're pregnant I know you'll be an amazing mother. You've been so loving and caring to Meredith's kids and I know you would show that same love to kids of your own." I assured her as I finished her blood work.

"Thank you. I really needed to hear that." She smiled.

"Okay, I am going to take these to the lab for you. They should be ready shortly and you can pick them up when you get ready to leave work." I smiled.

"Okay." She nodded. I took her blood work down to labs and shortly after I got paged for another surgery. This was a relatively simple surgery so it only lasted around 3 hours. Once it was over I took my patient to recovery.

"Hey baby." I smiled giving Jackson a kiss after I walked over to the front desk where he was standing.

"Hey." He smiled

"How did dropping Isabella off for her first day of daycare go? Did she have a fit?"

"About that."

"What about it?" I frowned.

"Nothing bad. My surgery just got moved up earlier so I was in a rush when I came in and I had Owen take Isabella for me."

"Jackson, we are her parents we are supposed to drop her off for the first day of daycare. She's spending the whole day with a bunch of new children in a new environment for the first time. And you know that I asked you to take pictures when you were dropping her off." I sighed.

"Relax. Owen ended up keeping her with him through the day. She didn't even end up going to daycare today." He chuckled.

"Why didn't you start with that?" I frowned.

"Because I wanted to see you freak out a little." He laughed making me slap him on the arm. I couldn't help but to laugh myself. "Where did Owen take her?"

"He's sitting in CT with her. I just checked on her. She is sound asleep so there is no need to go checking on her right now and possibly wake her up. We get off soon then we can take her home and you can coddle her all you want."

"I do not coddle her." I folded my arms in defense.

"Yes you do, but it's cute how protective you are." He chuckled.

"Whatever Avery." I chuckled myself as he kissed me.

"How has your first day back been?" He asked as we began walking down the hallway.

"Amazing. It felt so great to be back in the O.R. I didn't realize how much I missed it."

"See it wasn't that bad being back at work was it?" He smirked.

"No. I missed our baby, but I needed to be back in the OR and be a surgeon again." I admitted.

"I'm glad to see you back here doing what you love. You are an amazing mother and an amazing surgeon. You are amazing all around." He said giving me a kiss.

"Thank you baby. I couldn't do all of this without you and all your help." I said honestly. Having Isabella has made my appreciation for Jackson grow even more then I thought it could. He's such an amazing and hands on father and partner in raising our child. I truly got lucky.

"Well that's what I'm here for." He smiled giving me a kiss.

Thank you guys for reading! I am going to work toward updating weekly again, thanks for your patience!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 176 27
Isabella De La Rosa Pascal is in for an all new journey. You thought the first half was crazy? Just you wait.
1.4M 23.7K 114
Liliana Garcia is not happy about the Seattle Grace merger with mercy west but what happens when she meets Jackson Avery, do they hate each other or...
8.5K 264 15
Meredith and Andrew are each other's person. But one day Meredith realizes she has caught feelings for him that go deeper than a friendship. But ther...
279K 8.5K 70
After the loss of her brothers, cutting off her mother and almost all of her sisters, and marrying the love of her life and becoming a mother herself...