Seven Days To Love | ✓

By anamika_writes

*Valentine Special 2019* Adya runs into her ex-husband Dhruv at a super market. Things take an unexpected tur... More

Preface
1 - Rose Day
2. Propose Day
3. Teddy Day
4. Chocolate Day
5. Promise Day - I
6. Promise Day II
7. Hug Day
8. Hug Day - II
9. Hug Day -III
10. Kiss Day

11. Valentine's Day

11.2K 1K 204
By anamika_writes

Adya wiped her tears as she sat watching Me Before You. She was so in love, so hopeless, and so freaking annoyed. Just when she had thought that this Valentine could be her best, things had gone haywire. She was all alone on the evening of Valentine crying over a movie and her fate. He hadn't called. She didn't even know if he was back from Goa. 

Movies should really be banned. How she hoped he'll come to her before the plane departed. He didn't. Siya had gone on a date with her boyfriend. Never in life had Adya felt so left out. If only he was there by her right now. 

* * *

Dhruv swam in the silent waters of the pool, the only sound was that of water splashing as his arms cut through the surface of the water. He had practically kept himself busy ever since he had arrived last night. He just couldn't erase their confrontation from his mind. He walked out and wore his bathrobe and sat by the pool. His anger not fading away. What did she think of him? A puppet? One string in her hand and the other in his mother's? He grabbed the glass of wine gulping the liquid.

"Dhruv!" He recognized a familiar voice call out to him.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I am sorry, okay."

"Mom, please.  I don't want to talk about it.."

His mother sat on the lounge seat by the pool across from the one he sat on. "Adya called me and told me about the emergency.."

"Since when did you start being so cooperative with her?"

"Look, Dhruv. I know. I sort of dislike her for the attitude she displays before me. But I am not blind to not see how you've been living after the divorce." He looked up at her. 

"I know, I am not the best mother. But, I can see your pain. You love her Dhru. I know you've been taking the therapies and the counseling to become better. All for her. And honestly, when she called, I thought maybe this was it. This would bring you back together. So I agreed to her plan. The Chaddas were anyway coming over. So I simply made it look like my intention was to find another wife for you. It never was. It was only an attempt to draw Adya closer to you. Saying all that I said about and argued about in Goa was only to push you more to argue and take a stand for her. "

"You know how messed up this is? There is no me anywhere. There's just you and her!" Dhruv said in a small voice which was accusing.

"Maybe Adya wasn't the rig..."

"Mom. Don't." He warned, there was no way he was hearing his mother say that Adya wasn't a good option for him.

"I don't understand. You can neither hear anything against her nor...."

"Leave it there. It's complicated." He said looking away.

"Dhruv, you need to move on in life. You'll be stuck otherwise. I can't see you lonely. If not Adya then.."

"You and I both know. It will only be Adya. "

"God. What's she done to you?" Sheila smiled a little walking closer to her son. 

She cupped his face bringing him closer to her and giving him a hug. "I am sorry Dhruv." 

He had tears in his eyes. "I love you, mom!" He hugged hiding his face from her view.

She smiled. "Love you too, Dhruvy. Get a life. Otherwise, I will have to ask Rudra to set up..."

"Mom. Please. No. Certainly not Rudra. He sets me up on blind dates with weird girls."

Sheila laughed. "Okay then spend Valentine's with your mom, cutting vegetables. We'll cook."

"That's a nice idea. Certainly better than Rudra's."

"Obviously. By the way, where is Yug?"

"Umm, he's out on a date," Dhruv grinned.

"Wedding bells?" Sheila asked grinning.

"Looks like!" He smiled flashing his chocolate brown eyes at his mother. 

"Come quickly. Vegetables are waiting." Saying that she walked out.

Dhruv smiled. No matter what this woman would always love him. It had been ages since he had spent carefree time with her. He got up and as he walked into his room his eyes landed on the heart-shaped cushion. He smiled remembering how he had bought that for her when they had fought for the first-ever time. Oh God! Not again. Stop thinking about her, Dhruv!

* * *

One month later.

Dhruv sat on his bed going through his mail. He looked at the screen bored. Maybe he should go have a chat with his brothers. He walked towards Yug's room. He was expecting him to be working on one of his paintings as usual instead, all he heard from his room, as he got close to the door, was moans. He took and about turn to Rudra's room. It was dark. He then saw his brother sitting at the study table in the attached study room. "WOW!" He whispered. This was new. Little did he know that Rudra had challenged his new frenemy Bhavna that he would bag a nine-point in that semester. 

He shut the door of his room. His life had become so boring. He walked up to the table getting the glass of water. He heard some sound behind him. He froze. Was the boredom affecting his mental health? Was he hallucinating sounds? He turned and the sight he saw made him spit out the water.

"What the hell Dhruv!" She exclaimed wiping her face.

"Tell me I am imagining!" He said staring at her with wide eyes.

"Ahh, no! I am here in person," Adya spoke pushing her hair aside from her face. 

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" He expressed his confusion.

"Hatching eggs?" She said sarcastically. More to gather confidence. He made her nervous. Just the sight of him did. "Duh, I am standing."

"Women don't hatch eggs!" He remarked and then saw her, keeping the glass back on the table.  "Explain. What are you doing here, at this hour? Why? And how did you even get in?"

"The window!" She answered, her eyes brimming with excitement.

"No, you didn't!" He said asked more than stated looking at her bewildered.

"Yes, I did." She nodded excitedly turning to the open window.

With a few long strides, he reached the window and leaned down. "You serious?"

She walked up to him. "Yup." She raised her hands to show him the marks the rope left.

"You climbed up using this rope? Why would a sane person do that?" He asked folding his hands.

"Because If I came through the door, you wouldn't even let me say anything and be like Leave. So I used my skills and did some rope climbing and .."

"Done. The door is there." He realized he was supposed to be angry at her. But darn, he didn't want to be angry anymore.

"Manners Dhruv?" She narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Don't you drift from the topic. I stick to it that I don't want to talk to you." He muttered staring at her.

"You're dying to be with me." She said softly taking a step closer to him.

"I am not. Go to a psychiatrist you need help. Climbing into people's room and ..." He taunted.

She cut him off. "Really? Well, then how about you recommend one, you are seeing, I have heard." Her amused tone changed to a taunting serious one as she ended.

"Adya. I am n.."

"You suck at lying." She warned him, cutting him short.

"You're a pro at it." He snapped back, gazing at her, his gaze melting into her brown eyes.

"You didn't feel necessary to tell me?" She asked quietly. Somewhere inside she now understood how terrible he felt when she kept things from him.

"Tell you what? That I am bordering an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder for Symmetry and Orderliness. "

"Yeah," She answered staring at him.

"How would that make a difference Adya? Our differences are..still.."

"It makes a difference. All you have been doing is explainable. But my behavior doesn't hold any explanation. I have been such a stupid woman. So selfish that I couldn't even spot that your shortcomings had a reason. I am sorry Dhruv..." Her voice was feeble as though she was holding back from breaking down, which wasn't working.

He looked at her, his heart melting at the sight. She held his hand. "I am sorry. For hurting you, for failing at being a proper wife, for not understanding..."

"Adya... It's.." He spoke cupping her face. 

"I am sorry!" She whispered sobbing into his chest. He gently placed his hand on her shoulder. 

"I feel so miserable Dhruv. I feel so bad. My life without you is terrible. I .."

He broke apart looking at her. Her heart froze, did he not feel the same way?

"Who told you?" 

"What?" Adya asked gulping. 

He stared at her, watching her expression carefully. "About me going to therapists and..."

Adya fell silent, running her thoughts. If she told him the truth, he would be mad at her. She might as well take a name. Then something stopped her from it. How much did she want to lie to him? Wouldn't it be the best feeling to not have to think before speaking anything to him? Like he did. He was always honest in anything he told her for that matter even his opinion on her. Then why was she holding on to lies? A bad habit indeed. If he was going the extra mile, why should she take the shortcut?

"I found out." She said slowly gauging his reaction.

He stared at her, wondering if she was lying or telling the truth. He was almost sure, neither his siblings nor his mother would have. "How?" He asked, his tone serious.

"I ...Ah..don't be mad. I ..."

"Adya just spill it!" He exclaimed irked.

"I was...have been, shadowing you!" 

Dhruv stared at her in disbelief. "You were stalking me? You can't be serious, Adya. I am not a criminal or..."

"You stole my heart!" She said immediately.

He stared at her. How could she be so cute and irritating at the same time? "What do you want?" He asked irritated. 

"You!" She answered honestly, stepping closer.

"Adya. "

"I know. I am scared too. "

"I am not scared." He said looking at her baffled. She met his eyes, furrowing her eyebrows. "Then?" She asked hopefully looking into his eyes.

He finally gave up on holding the urge to touch her locks and push them behind her ear. His fingers gently pushed her locks behind her ear. "You'll go mad with me," his voice was soft." It's crazy how you are so imperfect and I am...a sucker for perfection."

"I promise I will handle it all." She said her hand to place it on his shoulder.

He held her hand, "Adya, I am tired of messing up things for you. I don't think I am a good husband."

"Cause you're the best." She mumbled softly.

"Why are you in cute-mode today?" His sudden abrupt question caused a smile to break out on her face. 

"You find me cute today?" She asked amused.

"Yeah. I never thought a woman would climb up a rope to reach my window and ...accuse me of stealing her heart. It's adorable."

"Finally, you see it. That I can be adorable." She smiled blushing though her tone was taunting.

"It's funny how I am not mad at you after all of this."

"Perhaps cause you are mad about me, as much mad I am about you, if not more." She grinned.

"Adya! " he grinned chuckling.

"What's the plan?" She asked staring at him. 

"I don't know," he spoke as he caught her gaze moving down to his lips. She looked up at his eyes again. This time his gaze was at her lips. She grinned pulling him for a kiss. He didn't respond to it and she lost her patience. She bit his lower lip, her tongue entering his mouth as soon as he parted his lips. Soon her tongue was swirling around like she knew every contour of his mouth. She broke apart breathing heavily. "You can respond to a kiss.." She scolded, irked.

He smirked at her irritation. "What's the plan Adya?"

She blinked as his unshifting gaze made her uncomfortable. "Don't make me nervous."

"I am making you nervous?" He asked amused looking at her face. He liked how she was being honest instead of brushing away with negatives.

"It's all too weird," she said looking at her fingers on his shoulder.

He stared at her.

"Okay." She took a deep breath. "Will you give me another chance?" She raised her gaze to look at his sapphire blue eyes.

"Are you proposing or something?" He asked narrowing his eyes at her, a smile lingering at the edge of his lips waiting to spread out.

"Of the sort." She answered. 

"Give me a reason to say yes," he spoke looking squarely at her.

"because we love each other?" She looked at him strangely.

"Another.." he demanded.

"Because I miss you. I miss you being a part of my life." She said without thinking much.

"And I miss you being a part of me," He added softly caressing her cheeks. 

"It's difficult to live with you but it's painful to live without you.." She confessed honestly, loving the gentle touch of the fingers.

"What's with you being so honest today?" He smiled through his tears. It was like a dream transforming to reality. 

"Stop taunting will you? I am trying the right way."

He pulled her, hugging her he whispered close to her ears, "you ...want a marriage... again?"

She pulled back her face to look at him. Her body still in the embrace of his. "What do you mean?"

"I mean.. We screwed up before." He admitted honestly.

"It's still harder for me alright. I just didn't leave you... I left everyone. I miss them all so much."

He chuckled then biting his lower lip, parted his lips to say, "Promise me you won't... hurt me again."

"I won't. Ahh, but what would be the penalty if I do?" She asked closing an eye in anticipation. 

"Adya!" He scolded.

"Okay, okay. I was kidding. I will never..." She kissed his forehead.

"Promise me, you will  not scold me and pick out and analyze my shortcomings before the world." She ordered.

He gave a sheepish look and then his lips curved up into a soft smile. "All our criticism will be done behind closed doors." He whispered over her face. She blushed, she so loved this man. They stared at each other and then melted into a tight hug. 

"I don't feel like leaving you." He whispered.

"Who asked you to?" she said holding on tighter. 

He chuckled pulling back his head, to let his gaze meet hers again. " You will still work for the..."

She looked at him adorably. "Unless you decide to keep me busy," She winked.

"Wow, someone's growing a horny mind." He remarked mischievously.

She blushed and then her smile faded. "You want me to quit?"

"Being horny? No way." He chuckled and then his humor faded, "I want you to mend your ways. You can't be one-woman army. It's scary when you venture out thinking you can fight all the bad men out there all by yourself."

"Aww... you are worried for me?"

"No way. I am worried about those bad men who'll have to face you!" 

Adya broke into a burst of contagious laughter, "So much love.."

"No. I need you to be safe if I want to make babies with you!" He pulled her closer by her waist.

Adya gaped at him, her cheeks flushing to scarlet. She hoped he didn't actually mean it. She couldn't imagine herself pregnant, not yet.

"Oh my God.. You look like a cute round tomato," he chuckled.

She hit his shoulder playfully. "Are you saying I am fat?"

He chuckled, looking at her. "I didn't say that, did I now? Anyway, Say it." He had noticed that uncertainty on her face.

"Say what?" She pretended. He gave her a look and she took a deep breath.

She awkwardly looked up at him. "Ahh, Can we, I mean, it's..."

"You don't have to be so nervous with me Adya." He pressed a kiss against her forehead.

"Can we... live in before marrying?"

"You're scared? Scared that we won't..." He spoke slightly hurt.

"No. I am positive this time. It's just that.. I think... I am scared." She gave up looking down.

"It's human to be fearful. Besides. I think live in would be a nice option." He said his lips reaching her cheeks. "Anything with you is better than anything without you." He left wet kisses on her cheeks.

"I love you!" She said pecking his lips.

"I love you too." He pressed his lips against hers. Staying that way for a few moments. He gently moved his lips against hers for a full kiss when she pulled back.

"There's one problem Dhruv!" Adya said doubtfully.

"What?" He asked perplexed.

"Siya. You need to convince her."

"Seriously? I can talk to your parents." He said, talking to Siya was like talking to a dragon, her words were fireballs.

"No. They would be easier but Siya..."

He groaned. "I hate your sister. "

"Dhruv!" She whined. "There's one more problem." She spoke as he came closer for a kiss yet again.

"What?" He asked frustrated, the urge to kiss her lips growing hard.

"Umm, I ...I need to pee, badly" She completed, embarrassed.

He laughed stepping away. "Stupid Superwoman. Go..." 

Adya sheepishly walked to the bathroom. Smiling to herself. She finally did it. But she knew she did it because he made it easy. 

She stepped out, to find him doing something with the rope. "Dhruv what are you doing?"

"You're going back this way right?" He concealed his smile. 

"You're sending me back ...that way. No!" 

"Then?" He asked perplexed, thoroughly enjoying the fun.

"I will take the door."

"Okay. But the others will know." He pointed out innocently.

"So?" She rolled her eyes.

"Fine." He shrugged.

"You want me to leave?" She asked perplexed.

"Of course. Your sister will murder me otherwise."

"Right!" Adya sighed. Since when had he become so scared of her sister? She walked tot he door he held out open to her. She couldn't believe this. He was actually sending her out? After their reconciliation. 

As soon as she had taken a step out, she was pulled back and he caged her between the wall and himself. "You really think I would let you go?"

She grinned blushing. "Why not?" She leaned her head back, against the wall admiring his handsome face.

"I am sure you've made sure Siya doesn't know." He whispered.

She smiled playfully. "How do you know?"

"I know you better ..." He smirked pressing her palms against the wall.  She whimpered under his gaze, the back of her palms meeting the cold wall.

He closed the distance between them kissing her lips. She kissed him back fervently. He dragged her to bed pushing her gently and then coming over her.

"Wait!" She said abruptly. 

"What's with you today?" He asked irked.

"Happy Birthday!" She wished, her eyes brimming with endless love for him.

He stared at her. God, how had he forgotten his own birthday? His eyes shone with the happy tears that formed in his eyes. "You're the best gift, life gave me." He confessed in a whisper.

"Mr. Dhruv Rathore, Will you marry me, again?" She asked getting out a ring from her pocket. 

"What!" He exclaimed slightly bewildered and a little amused.

"I wanted to propose to you on your birthday!" She explained.

"So all that was ...time pass..."

She nodded stupidly. 

"So, basically, you're asking me a gift on my birthday?" He raised an eyebrow smirking.

"No..I mean..I am ..giving, ahh... You a marriage proposal for a gift."

"I will think about it then." He said with a superior attitude getting off her. "You never know ...I might get many..."

"What! No. This is all you'll get. !" Saying that she pushed him down coming over him.

"Possessive much?"

"Very!" She answered.

But before she could meet his lips the intruding noise of gasps made her look up at the door.

"We'll leave. "

"We didn't know."

"We came to wish!" 

His siblings spoke a one-line explanation each. Adya got off him, embarrassed to her roots while he laughed. Her cheeks never felt so heated.

"We'll close the door, you guys seem to have forgotten to. " Yug commented teasingly happy to see his brother beaming with joy.

"No, Yug." Adya exclaimed quickly coming halfway till the door. "I was just...ahh wishing him," Adya said embarrassed.

Priyanka giggled aloud. Soon Rudra and Yug burst into laughter. Dhruv joined the trio while Adya stared at the floor embarrassed. Could the tiles suck her into their patterns?

Dhruv walked over to her, pulling her for her hug. Grateful, she hid her face in his chest. "Guys enough!" He looked at his siblings who contained their laughter on his command, now smiling widely. 

"She was wishing me." He repeated, struggling to hold his own laughter back. She punched his stomach. "Ouch, that hurt agent." She secretly kissed his neck before pulling back.

"Can we wish too?" Rudra asked grinning. "Certainly we can't wish that way but...."

And everyone burst into laughter again.

They had never thought that One Valentine week would make them realise the worth of the other's presence in life. 

Perhaps it's true, what they say, that, 

Love is in the air in that season. 

But it is certainly true, that

 love always finds the way! 

Thanks for reading this.

Hope you liked the light-hearted end. Would love to read your reviews on this story. 

Do make sure to vote on every chapter of this book, it would give the book a better chance of being noticed by other readers.

Signing off from here to meet you somewhere else,

– Anami!💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 11.2K 43
Once touched by love, our lives can never be the same. Sameer Maheshwari, though born in India, grew up in London. Whereas, Naina Agarwal's world ha...
59.1K 2.5K 65
teaser... Sreeja: Maa, how can I manage without specs? Dhanam: No need of Specs... already proposals got rejected because of this Sreeja: Maa.. that'...
345K 14.6K 41
"I will accept your resignation but under one condition," said Vikram Singhal, playing with the paperweight akin to the manner he was playing with th...
310K 19.6K 46
An Indian arranged marriage love story. Like my first one this one has a new challenge. This girl here is different. Another gleaming image of confi...