The Dragon of the Shadows in...

By DragonLover015

[To be re-written] "My dear Priest...when the eyes, the leg, the hand and the body are one...the final dragon... More

King Hiryuu's Five Dragon Warriors
The 6 Dragons: Gu-En The Hakuryuu
The 6 Dragons: Abi The Seiryuu
The 6 Dragons: Shu-Ten The Ryokuryuu
The 6 Dragons: Zeno the Ouryuu
Everlasting Strife of the Dragon Warriors
The Black Dragons Farewell: Kagemi the Kuroryuu
The Kuroryuu With her Successor and the Priest With his Genius
Tales of a Time Before Tragedy, the Peace of the Past
The Break Of Dawn: A New Beginning
The Tragedies Repeat: The Death of a King
The Wedding
The Gray Haired Lord and The Raven
The Beginning of a Battle: The Kuroryuu and The Thunder Beast
The Middle of a Massacre: The Savior From the Shadows
The Rage of Dawn: Burning Embers
Home: Where The Heart Is
Returning To The House Of Memories
Fractured Memories Of Another Life
An Oracle, a Tsundere and a Princess. Oh My!
Memories Or Nightmares, Which One Is It?
A Promise Ring
- Not A Chapter -

The 6 Dragons: Hiryuu the Crimson Dragon King

2.1K 89 23
By DragonLover015

The Red Dragon, Hiryuu, took the form of a human in order to rule the country, but he started to fight against the humans. Since the hearts of humans grew evil, they all forgot about god and captured the Hiryuu because of their desire to obtain his power and authority. When all of this turned dull, the four dragons Blue, Green, White and Yellow, with the help of the Black Dragon, descended from the skies to save Hiryuu and destroy the humans, who have forgotten to cherish and heed the gods

However, Hiryuu rejected that and claimed that he is now human, and that he will never betray the humans because he loves them. The five dragons didn't want to lose Hiryuu because they loved him, therefore the dragons gave their blood to human warriors and gave them power in order to protect and never betray Hiryuu. Each human warrior possessed a unique power, one with sharp claws that could cut through anything, one with eyes to see far off into the distance, one with a strong body that could never get ill, one with legs that could jump high up the sky, and the final warrior said to have wings to carry the other Dragon Warriors to their destiny.

It wasn't long until Hiryuu went to sleep, being weary from the battling, therefore the five dragons' mission has ended. The five dragon warriors thought of their King, who no longer moved, and started to mourn, even though they don't know if it was the blood inside them that were mourning or if it's when they're grieving for losing someone special. At the end, the five dragon warriors knew that their power is beyond human so they left their tribes, parted their ways and disappeared, this is how the five tribes of Kouka Kingdom is formed.

However, the Black Dragon's whereabouts are unknown, although the Black Dragon is rumored to have been last see flying into the sky and is said to be living among the clouds, watching over her brothers from above. Time to time sending a Raven to assist them in their trying times of need, the Dragon Warrior in need will know that it was the Black Dragon who sent the Raven because of it's blood red eyes and it is believed that when the Raven is sent down it will "speak through the blood of the Dragon to guide them".

- The Ancient Scroll Of The Legend Of The Dragon Warriors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain, the tears of heaven, pound relentlessly against the palace walls as our king lies, weak in bed, unable to move. Not even the best herbalists, doctors or anyone of the kind could have known what had happened. Just yesterday he was telling us how happy he was that he had gotten to experience humanity with us, how happy he was to have memories of us. Just yesterday he saw the bickering of the other Dragon Warriors as nothing more than us bonding with one another. But now, he lies bedridden, unable to last much longer, so, as a final request he wanted to talk with each of us alone. And no matter how many times we told him that he was going to make it, deep down ... we knew ...

He wasn't going to last the night.

The other Dragon Warriors has already spent their time with him, I was the last one to see him upon his death bed. The other Dragon Warriors tear stained faces walked out of the room housing our king, and walked into their own quarters to mourn in their own ways. Zeno sorrowfully walked out and gestured for me to enter, wordlessly I nod and enter, bowing before my king. "You had called for me, my king?" I asked, my voice quiet and shaking slightly. He laughs weakly and smiles at me, gesturing for me to take a seat beside him. I sit upon my heels and turn to him, a small sad smile on my lips.

He sighs and says "The black dragon" he states "was not always known for its loyal ways" Confusion fills my features, a dash of apprehension clouds my face. "My king, I don't understand why you tell me this. I never have, nor will I ever, betray you." He sadly looks into my eyes the life slowly fading from his amethyst eyes "No matter how much we may want to, we cannot change the fate the heavens have designed for us." I growl lowly and slightly glare at him "Then I shall shatter the destiny the fates have designed for me and make my own from the pieces." I take his hand in my own and grasp it tightly.

He shakes his head, amusement filling his half dead eyes "Then do me one favor," he says "not as a king but as Hiryuu." I smile warmly at him despite the tears that wish to burst from my eyes and nod, fearing that my voice will break if I use it at the moment. "End me, Kagemi." He says. Those three words ... those damned three words ... shattered my reality, right before my very eyes. My jaw opens as my eyes grow wide "M-my k-king ... I ... I don't ... but I ..." I look at him my eyes releasing the tears from their crimson prisons "Why?" I ask desperately ' why would he want me to kill him? Why does he want me of all people to do it'

"You must be the one to draw my blood" he says as if the actions were not in fact going against the dragon gods, as if it would not shatter what is left of my fragile soul and mind. I shake my head quickly "No, I apologize my king, but I can not fulfill your request. I will not," my voice drops, now barely above a whisper "I will not allow myself to lose another loved one, not by my hands or that if anyone's else's, not again." He sighs sadly and looks at my shaking form, my trauma filled eyes, chest rising and falling at an unsteady pace. Hiryuu sits up and brings me in for a hug, holding me tight one last time. He takes my hand in his.

His warm palm adding little comfort to my fear filled mind, he places my hand on the katana at my side, he wraps my fingers around it and draws it out. "When you draw my blood, drink it, you and your next descendant will be special. With my blood, you will live until the time is needed" his voice is low and quiet, soothing and calm. I shakily stand and hold the tip of my sword at his chest, right over his heart. 'WAIT!' My mind screams at me 'What am I doing? He is my king! I vowed upon the Black Dragon wings and the Black Dragon blood that runs through my veins that I would protect him, to love and help him, to never hurt him.'

Almost as if reading my thoughts Hiryuu speaks invoking the Dragons Blood that still runs proud in his veins "You will drive your sword through my chest and drink my blood" he commands. My grip falters before my hands grip the handle tightly "No, no, no, no I ... I can't ... I can't lose you" I mumble my voice cracking and breaking, shaking and unsteady. My body shakes as I lose control, the blood inside my taking over as I am forced to watch as I drive my sword into his chest, the hilt hitting his bleeding shirt as the blood seeps from the wound. Hiryuu warps him arms around me and with his final breaths he whispers.

"You will always love them no matter how much they hurt and hate you. That is just how pure hearted you are ... my dear shadow ... you are loved so much more that you will ever know." And with those final parting words he falls limp the last strains of life slipping from his eyes. The thunders deafening roars shake the sky, the lightning blinding those foolish enough to look at the light heaven sends down. The rain pounding at the walls of the palace and soak the earth in the tears that the gods shed for my king. With the last bit of life that escapes his eyes, it takes the last bit of sanity and the shattered pieces of the soul that I have left.

Working quickly I take the chalice at Hiryuu's bedside and read the note he had attached to it "Do what must be done, my dear shadow" I remove my sword, now stained with the blood of the Crimson Dragon King and slowly his blood fills the cup. I swallow the bile that rises in my throat, and place the chalice upon my lips, I tilt my head back as the blood of the king, my king, I had just killed fills my mouth. The taste of blood takes over my mind, my body practically begs for me to stop the blood from entering me, but it is my king's wish. And I will fulfill it. I drain the chalice as quickly as I can and rush out, spreading my wings and flying into my room.

I pack everything that I can, the memories, the promises, the gifts, all that will remind me of the good times that we had here at the palace. As I run towards the open window I freeze, slowly I look over at my pillow, atop it lies two necklaces, one is black with blue under the wings, the body of the black dragon holding a bright blue gem. The other is a pure black dragon holding a blue pearl with its tail. I dash towards them grabbing both as tears fall freely from my eyes. Furiously, I run at my eyes when suddenly—

BAM!!!

Shocked, I turn to see my brothers, Gu-En, Abi, Zeno and Shu-Ten. All of them glaring at me, rage filling their eyes, clouding their mind and controlling them like mere puppets. "What the hell did you do?" Asks a furious Gu-En, he walks forward and grabs the front of my shirt, holding me high off the ground. My bangs cover my eyes as shame fill me to the brim of my very existence, he shakes my violently "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!" He cries out. Abi glares at me with his golden orbs, no words are needed to tell me that he is no longer coming to my rescue. Shu-Ten points his spear at me, his face contorted in disgust.

They hurt ... every words shattering a little more of my already broken heart. But ... the worst has to be Zeno. He looks at me with such heartbreak and betrayal in his eyes "Why?" He whispers, his voice breaking and weak. The pain in his eyes practically ripping my heart from my chest from the guilt. I gulped and looked down, away from their eyes. My actions catching up to my broken mind as my very soul realizes what Hiryuu has commanded me to do. And how what he made me do affects those that I cherished the most.

The lovable, over protective Abi that never let anyone get to close to me, that let my play with his hair and see his eyes. The one who would ask me for head pats, a furious blush on his face ...

Gone.

The arrogant and self confident Shu-Ten that would spar against me, who would hold me tight when I felt like I could no longer keep myself together. The one who would drink his sake, while I sipped my tea ...

Gone.

The stupid and sweet Gu-En that would chase me around the castle after I had picked fun at him. The one who I would always patch up when he got hurt. My White Snake ...

Gone.

The cheerful, fun loving, and childish Zeno who would come to me when he wanted snacks. The one who would wake me up at night when he had a nightmare, the one I would sing to sleep, the only one who knew I could sing, the one who I made flower crowns and pulled pranks with ...

Gone.

The final words of my king ring inside my head "You will always love them no matter how much they hurt and hate you. That is just how pure hearted you are ... my dear shadow ... you are loved so much more that you will ever know". I clench the necklaces in my hands and place my hands on Gu-En's claw, slowly prying it off. Gu-En falls to his knees, as does Shu-Ten. "Why?" They ask a furious undertone hidden behind the broken voices that speak the question. Zeno gasps suddenly as everyone turns to face him "I-i can't f-feel Kuro!!!" He shrieks. Taking the opportunity, I grab the bag that I had ready by the windowsill and fly.

Away from, the heartbreak, away from the pain, away from the loved one I had treasured, away from those who now wanted my head, away from those who now hated me like everyone else. Or so I thought. But, the farther and farther I went, the more and more pain I felt. I tried to not think about it as I broke through the clouds, the tears and sorrow, anger and hurt, hatred and fury, it all broke loose. My bloodcurdling scream fills the air, I scream until I have no voice left to scream with. Gone. Everyone is gone, everything is gone. All because I obeyed a single order.

A bright light fills the air as it blinds my tear filled eyes. I groan in pain as the light burns, slowly, the light faded away. I open my eyes and gasp, before me stands not one, not two, not three or four but five dragons. Each a different color ... Black, Blue, Green, White and Yellow. 'The Dragon Gods!' The Dragon Gods look at me with their eyes that seem to stare into my very soul. The very same ones that gifted me and the other Dragon Warriors with their blood to protect Hiryuu in their stead. I realize that the dragons before are the ones that created the oath... the one I broke. In one voice they speak, the very sky quivering as their voices fill the air.

"𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔨𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔟𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔯𝔦𝔪𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔇𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫. 𝔉𝔬𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔭𝔲𝔫𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡. ℌ𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔞𝔦𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔩 𝔦𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔴𝔢 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔩 𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 𝔢𝔫𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥. ℌ𝔦𝔯𝔶𝔲𝔲 𝔬𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡, 𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔠𝔥 𝔣𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔤𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔰 𝔲𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔪 𝔶𝔬𝔲. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔞𝔱𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 𝔞𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔠𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔞𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔟𝔬𝔡𝔶 𝔡𝔦𝔢𝔰. 𝔚𝔢, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫 𝔊𝔬𝔡𝔰, 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔶 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔰𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡 𝔬𝔣 ℌ𝔦𝔯𝔶𝔲𝔲 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔯𝔲𝔫𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔳𝔢𝔦𝔫𝔰, 𝔲𝔰𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯 𝔦𝔱 𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔰 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔰𝔡𝔬𝔪 𝔟𝔢𝔣𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔅𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔇𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫 𝔚𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔬𝔯."

Four of the dragons disappear leaving a single scale with their designed color in their place. The Black Dragon stands before me, it's midnight black scales with hints of dark green, blue, yellow, and gray scattered like stars in the nights sky. The Black Dragon lowers its head and speaks in a low tone "𝓢𝓲𝓷𝓰. 𝓢𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮. 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓿𝓸𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵. 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓾𝓹 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮, 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓭𝓸 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓗𝓲𝓻𝔂𝓾𝓾'𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭."

With those words the Black Dragon too disappears, a pure black scale floating next to a glimmering white scale, a sapphire blue scale, a glittering yellow scale and an emerald green scale. They surround me and float around me, giving off a comforting aura. I smile sadly as I feel the weight of the world is lifted off of my shoulders. I look at the Dragon scales, and the perfect song appears in my mind. I gather the scales into my hands and hug them closely to my chest as the words come out of my mind, into the air, and to ears of my brothers.

"I know you've got the best intentions
Just trying to find the right words to say
Promise I've already learned my lesson
But right now I wanna be not okay"

Down at the castle the four Dragons Warriors hurt and confused at their sisters betrayal hear an angelic voice, drift down from the heavens. Pain lacing every word, and guilt filling every line.

"So tight sitting here waiting
If I hear one more "Just be patient"
It's always gonna stay the same"

They one by one stop whatever they are doing, and listen to the woman singing. Her voice bringing tears to each of their eyes.

"So let me just give up
So let me just let go
If this isn't good for me
Well I don't wanna know
Let me just stop trying
Let just stop fighting
I don't want your good advice
Or reasons why I'm alright"

The eyes of the Yellow Dragon Warrior grow wide as he recognizes the voice 'Kuro-chan!' He shouts in his mind. A single tear falls from his eyes as he listens to the voice sing.

"You don't know what it's like
You don't know what it's like
Can't stop this me from sinking
And starting a show on me
You're staring while I'm blinking
But just don't tell me what you see"

The eyes of the Green Dragon Warrior close as he listens to the calming sorrowful voice. 'Why does this remind me of ... Kami? She sounds so sad...' He relaxes as the voice echoes throughout the palace. And unknown tear slipping from one of his closed eyes.

"I'm so over all this bad luck
Hearing one more "Keep your head up"
Is it ever gonna change?"

The White Dragon Warrior tenses before relaxing at the sound of the heavenly voice. 'Mimi ... why? ... You smile never reached your eyes when you arrived. Did it?' He asks himself, placing the back of his Dragon Claw over his eyes as a single tear flows down his cheek.

"So let me just give up
So let me just let go
If this isn't good for me
Well I don't wanna know
Let me just stop trying
Let just stop fighting
I don't want your good advice
Or reasons why I'm alright"

The Blue Dragon Warrior clamps his eyes over his ears as he tries furiously to block out the sound of the singing that makes him feel weak 'Why must you make me feel this way?' Multiple tears fall from his eyes as his knees give out 'Please, just come back to us Kimi' He looks up to the sky as clouds pass overhead.

"You don't know what it's like
You don't know what it's like
Don't look at me like that
Just like you understand
Don't try to pull me back
Let me just give up
Let me just let go
If this isn't good for me
Well I don't wanna know"

All at once the Dragon Warriors still in the palace realize, that no matter what Kagemi had done, she always had a reason, she had always done what Hiryuu had told her. Putting these two pieces of evidence together, they understood.

"Let me just stop trying
Let just stop fighting
I don't want your good advice
Or reasons why I'm alright
You don't know what it's like
You don't know what it's like"

They didn't know what it was like, sure they all had their ups and downs in life, but Kagemi had it the worst, they never really bothered to ask what her childhood was like. They all knew it was a sensitive subject so they never asked.

"You don't know
You don't know
You don't know
You don't know what it's like
You don't know
You don't know
You don't know what it's like
You don't know what it's like"

Now they finally realize, they never knew what it was like to grow up like Kagemi did, to fight for their life like Kagemi. Their biggest mistake was not giving her a chance to explain, not giving a second thought as to how she felt. After all—

She spilt the blood of King Hiryuu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 3425

(A/N) The song I used was "You Don't Know" I don't own it. I hope you don't get too mad at me for taking too long. I wanted to make this the best I could but had writers block and had a lot of trouble figuring out how to make the climax of this beginning part of the story. I do hope you enjoyed the slight ships in each of the chapters for Gu-En, Abi, Shu-Ten and Zeno. I didn't make one for Hiryuu cuz I didn't have much info on him but oh well. The first necklace that Kagemi saw looks like:

The second one looks like:

Next I will be doing the actual story of the anime. I hope you enjoy that. I might skip some parts cuz 1) i suck at writing things that already happened and 2) I'm pretty lazy in general. Please comment your opinions and thank you so much for reading! It means a lot to me!

-Liz D. is out!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1.1K 10
Jae-ha x reader [COMPLETED] You were saved by him years ago, joining him as a pirate on Captain Gi-gan's ship. There, you learn how to fight, and how...
51K 1.2K 28
Wings... Most people dream of having wings-- dream of the freedom they bring. For Y/N however, the sight of her own wings is one that she can't stand...
585K 17.7K 60
Scars. Many had formed on the child's body as she listened to her family get ripped to shreds. The mountain whispered in the cold night, it told her...