Battle Scars (Discontinued) [...

By iAkarini

(Poorly written, Discontinued) At the age of 4, things started change. Things began shifting, and shifting un... More

Prologue
(A/N)
3 Months Before
Part I
Chapter 1| Entrance Exams
Chapter 2| Hero Academia
Chapter 3| Vs Part 1
Chapter 4| Vs Part 2
Chapter|5 It's You
Chapter 6| A Old Ally
Chapter 7| Accepted
Chapter 8| Obstacle Race
Chapter 9| Human Cavalry Battle
Chapter 10| The Next Step
Chapter 11| Tension
Chapter 12| Strength
Chapter 13| Shou Vs Hedgehog
Chapter 14| (Y/N) vs Bakugou
Chapter 15| A Smiling What?
Chapter 17| 10 Years Part 2
Chapter 18| 10 Years Part 3
Chapter 19| 10 Years Part 4
Chapter 20| 10 Years Part 5
Chapter 21| Ri and ZerΓΈ
Chapter 22| Trouble And Ri-ZerΓΈ
Chapter 23|All for a Better Future
Chapter 24| Wings
Chapter 25| A Few Days
Chapter 26| Dreams
Chapter 27| A Team
Chapter 28| To Pass
Chapter 29| That Night
Chapter 30| A Twist
1k Special| Lose It
Chapter 31| Flow of Memories
Chapter 32| A Start Of Something New
Chapter 33| Relax
Chapter 34| "I'm Human"
Chapter 35| Run
Chapter 36| Chase
Chapter 37| The League
Chapter 38| For My Sake
Chapter 39| Conquer Your Demons
Chapter 40| Don't Leave Me
Chapter 41| My Time is Up
Part II
Chapter 42| Never The Same
Chapter 43| Old Me
Chapter 44| Platform 9
Chapter 45| Lovely
Chapter 46| Night Skies
Important Update
Chapter 47| Blurred
Chapter 48| Rebrand
Chapter 49| Rival

Chapter 16| 10 Years Part 1

1.1K 43 22
By iAkarini

Chapter 16| 10 Years Part 1
Your POV
After doing my usual routine, minus the jogging or hanging out on the roof, I headed out.

I was walking towards the direction of Shou's house when I ran into Urakaka.

"Akari-Chan!" She shouted and excitedly waved at me. I waved back.

"Where are you going this early?" Both of us said at the same time, we laughed.

"I went to the supermarket to pick up a few things, what about you?"

"Shou's." I bluntly answered, I didn't think before I spoke and this is what happens.

"Todoroki-Kun??!! Are you guys going on a date?!?!" A wave of red washed over her, turning her into a red tomato. "MY BEST FRIEND IS ALREADY DATING SOMEBODY??!!"

Oh fuck, this is happens.

"Uh...no. He asked me yesterday to help him clear up his um..," I searched for a word "Misunderstanding."

"Awwwww, that's okay too. But you gotta dress nicer! Not that you don't, but-" I swore she would have started hyperventilating if I didn't stop her.

"Relax, Urakaka, I'm not offended. I don't know anything about fashion, since I grew up on the streets pretty much." I flashed her a smile, which was probably really out of character of me before I came to U.A..

The girl exhaled, relief rushed over her.

"Okay! Is your um...house around here? If not we can head over to mine! Although, I don't have a lot of clothes that you would like."

I shrugged and pointed to the modern looking apartments a hundred yards me behind me. The apartments I lived at pretty new, meaning they weren't made like hundreds years ago, rather made these past ten years.

They at least costed about 4,000 dollars a month, and let me tell you, I'm glad I wasn't paying that monthly rent. The apartments only had two towers of housing, they were kind of positioned so they were facing each other. Painted a sleek, grey with a sign in the front. Mod-Lent Apartments.

"There??! A-Akari-Chan, you must be rich!" She stuttered.

"Hell no, if I was rich, life would have been easier." I bursted out laughing as the two of us headed back to my turf. And yes, I call my apartment my turf.
——
My apartment was on the small side but it worked and it was cozy. So no complaints here.
Walking in, to your left was the kitchen, with real marble counter tops. The entire floor of this place was polished floorboard, minus the bathroom.

Across the kitchen was the living room. Huge windows, a couch and TV. The living room was slightly elevated, so there were two mini steps. Behind the wall of the TV, was my room, small but cozy. Plus, I had a fucking balcony.

Then the bathroom to the right when you walk in and a little closet.

I led Urakaka into my bedroom, the color scheme was pretty much black, white, (Favorite Color) and earthy, green hanging plants by the windows.

"Okay! Let's see what we have to work with!" Urakaka immediately opened the closet door.

Hoodies, black leggings, couple pair of ripped jeans, sweatpants and few sweaters. Right away, her brown eyes met my (E/C) ones. A try-a-thon.

"Too revealing."

"Something more colorful!" She said.

"Too loosely goosey, something more elegant?"

"Nope, nope, nope, you look like a- I rather not say."

After half an hour of trying clothes, we both were running out of ideas. Just then, she pulled out a ivory knitted sweater with a simple diamond pattern on the front. It was a really low turtleneck which I could deal with.

(Something Like this with a mini grey backpack and black baseball cap.)

Although, it was a bit "revealing" to me and I didn't think I would look good in it. But Urakaka insisted. You can't say no to your best friend, right?

Just like that, I changed into that sweater and black leggings. I popped on a black baseball cap, it wasn't me if I didn't either wear baseball cap or combat boots.

Urakaka found a few things she loved from my closet, I said she could have it but she said no. But her beautiful brown eyes gave it away. I ended up giving her some clothes and jackets I liked but, she was worth it.

Luckily, I woke up early and it was only 8:30 AM. I said goodbye to Urakaka and headed our ways. She went home, and I went to Shou's.

—2nd Person POV
Shou opened the front door to a beautiful, attractive (H/C) hair girl with pools of (E/C), ready to knock on the front door.

"Yo, you ready?" You titled your head to the side and gave the boy a closed eye grin.

He blushed and looked to the side. "Yeah, lets go."

The two of you decided to walk there instead, it was still pretty early in the morning. The city haven't release it's people yet, that usually crowd the streets. Since today was a weekend, store opened up later, people slept in with worrying what their job would bring.

With each step, the silence seemed to be getting louder, with every time the wind blew, you had the urge to ask him: what exactly happened?

You decided not to, although, the question seemed to be burning a hole in your chest. Taking a deep breath, you tried getting the question out of your head.

The bi-color hair boy, also had the same question: what exactly happened? Bring the blunt person he is, he decided to ask. At the same time, he also had some explaining to do on what happened. The past 10 years. He took in a deep breath and asked.

"What exactly happened to you, Ri?" He bluntly asked with more emotion in his voice than usual.

You sighed and forced a laugh. "A lot."

"Would it help if I went first?"

You shrugged, your (Hair Length) (H/C) hair with the ends of it crimson red blew behind you as you walked. Reminding of him when you laughed without a care about the world. But that was back then. Both of you matured, and changed. But while you changed drastically. It was evidence that proves what years can do to a person.

"In my memories, she was always crying. Be drove her insane. My...mother, she poured boiling water onto my left side, telling me it was ugly," Shouto explained. "I never used my left side in combat until yesterday."

Pools of (E/C)s widen, just how long has the poor boy holding this in?

"I'm sorry Shou." You apologized and planted a hand on the boy's shoulder as the both of you walked. He mouthed you a 'It's fine'.

It took you a few minutes to search for words so your story wouldn't sound so cruel. Carefully, you formed each word in a sentence that told your story. Nobody knew about your backstory other than them and some of U.A.'s staff.

"Well, I'm 15 now, so...I spent a little bit over six years on the streets of California... I...joined this underground group of entertainers, thieves and criminals/villains. Hell, I thought it would be better, it was barely any.

I murdered and took people's live for the sake of survival in this world....There would be times where I would head out... kill abusers like him. I...was only allowed to kill when I'm on a mission and if it says I could kill who. But fuck it. I did it anyways.

During those years, the amount of child abusers and child traffickers dipped to the low 20s. Usually, I would tie them to some type of famous landmark or tree and report them to the police anonymously. The abusers and traffickers suffered from damn serious punishments. But...so did I after the leader found out that one of their Elites were doing something "heroic".

Just like that, before I escaped with them, I was a test subject again." You sighed.

There was a long period of silence before anybody spoke again. Shouto took the time to process what you said.

"Just like that, before I escaped with them, I was a test subject again." The thought echoed through out Shouto's head.

Nobody expected a 15 year old girl's story to be like this. But what did you mean by again?

"I guess neither of us had a fucking normal childhood, huh?" You forced a laugh, in attempt to lighten the mood.

Shouto chuckled and shook his head. Only you could "laugh" at something like this. He changed the subject.

"We're here."

You look up at the tall, white, building. You recognized the huge building from your haunting memories. The Hospital.
———
(A/N) I'm not sure if Shouto's mother is still in the Mental Hospital or just a Hospital in general.

But thank you so much for 200+ views! I'm screaming my head off over here, again, when I came home to izanami_senpai saying that I hit that milestone so quickly! Ahhhhh, you guys are the best!! 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 559 50
You and your twin brother are known to be very close and rowdy at times. Both of you were in separate Hero classes yet still supported each other. Yo...
154K 6.2K 21
COMPLETED Todobaku fanfic Depressed Baku ######################### "N-No! Please!" I was being dragged down the hall to the scariest leader in histor...
22.5K 990 23
"π•Šπ•žπ•šπ•π•–. 𝕀π•₯ π•ƒπ• π• π•œπ•€ 𝔹𝕖π•₯π•₯𝕖𝕣 π•†π•Ÿ 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
178 20 15
Dreams don't always come true. Little princesses grow up to be stressed overworked secretaries, little policemen grow up to be depressed broke retail...