Wonkru ☣ Bellamy Blake [3]

By unknownnavajo

"Time changes you especially when you're under different circumstances." 6 years is a long time, especially... More

Act Five
Space
Murphy
Moving Forward
A New Future
The World On His Shoulders
Facing Fears
Inside The Bunker
Friend Or Foe
The Ground
Reunions and Reservations
Not What It Seems
What Is Going On?
Voice Of Reason
Stopping A War Or Starting One
Taking Her Place
The Wrong One
What To Do?
Stopping Nothing
Odds Against Them
Plan Gone Wrong
Heda
Short-Lived Victory
Ascension
Act Six
Fresh Start
New Terrain
Different Challenges
The Toxin
Understanding
Cover Update
New Plan
Retrieval Team
Dinner With The Primes
Royal Blood
Sheidheda
Smoke Screen
Seperation Ritual
Irrational Decisions
Dealing With The Conseqences
Control Of The Flame
The Seek For Control
Chaos
The Fight Continues
The Last Straw
End Of A Long Night
Part 7
The Anomaly
Ghosts of the Past

125 Years Later

5K 141 79
By unknownnavajo

Cryo was something else entirely. Echo was right when she had once said it was like magic. It took a moment to gather her surroundings. Bellamy stood beside her pod and waiting to help her get out.

The sleep had been eventful for Nia as she would drift in and out of the dreams that the commanders placed in front of her. But no matter how unsettled it got, she couldn't jolt awake. It had taken awhile until Lexa had been the one to comfort her like Nia had done so long ago. Nia was grateful for the comfort of someone familiar when she was all alone in her thoughts.

"Why is it just us?" Bellamy asked while looking at the other pods that were untouched.

Nia glanced around also stepping toward Atlas and the girls pods. All who remained sleeping. Raven was right when she said they would wake up in the future as if only a night has passed.

"That's the way mom and dad wanted it." A voice called out to them making them turn. Bellamy stepping in front of Nia even if she still had the ability to protect herself. "Can I just say, wow. I mean, I can't tell you how good it is to finally meet you. Weird but good. Great, actually."

The boy began to ramble on as he looked at them all in wonderment. Nia looked him over and spotted some features that stood out but it was impossible with the timeframe they were expecting.

"Who are you?" Nia asked trying to see if her theory might be slightly right.

"My name. Right. I didn't tell you my name. Sorry. I've never met anyone before, so, I clearly suck at it." He began to ramble again making a small smile appear on Nia's face. Seeing the one he heard alot about smile at him made his cheeks flare up. "I'm Jordan, Monty and Harper's son."

And just like that the mere idea in her head was confirmed. But if they had a child and raised him within the ten year slumber how is he so big. 

"They didn't go to sleep." Bellamy stated not sure how to take the news that their dear friends weren't with them.

"They talked about your time on the Ring alot. Too much, actually. How happy they were there. I guess they wanted to get back to that. Get dressed and come to the bridge. Dad left explicit instructions. Wake Nia, Bellamy and Clarke first.  Play them the message." He explained to them all.

But before he could leave the room, Clarke called out. "Hey, wait. How long were we asleep?"

"125 years." Jordan delivered the shocking news.

The trio shared a surprised glance at the information. The plan was for 10 years, what had happened when they were sleeping?

Nia's hand slipped into Bellamy's as they made their way to the bridge. His hand giving her a slight squeeze for comfort while Clarke followed wordlessly behind. They gathered around a monitor while Jordan began to load the video cues.

"Hey, guys, it's been about a year since you all went to bed. Not much to report, really. My algae farm is awesome. No surprise there. Oh, I'm able to monitor conditions on the ground using the ship's geologic equipment, so, I'll know when it's safe for is to go back down. Gets a little lonely sometimes without the rest of you, but the peace and quiet is what-"

Nia smiled at Monty on the screen even letting out a small chuckle at his enthusiasm for his algae. She even remembered the times when it got lonely on the Ring, despite more of them being there than just two. But of course, Monty didn't spend his days laying around but making his abilities useful.

"Monty, I've been waiting." Harper could be heard somewhere off camera.

"Harper, wait. I'm in the middle of-" Monty tried to protest her but she appeared on screen and situated her beside Monty.

"You promised me. We have another 40 staterooms that-" She began to speak while giving his a kiss. Her eyes shot up to the screen before she pulled away quickly and out of view. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Not a lot to do in space." Monty simple stated not bothered by what had happened.

"I so didn't need to see that." Jordan commented about his parents open display of affection.

Bellamy and Nia shared a knowing look. It was just like that on the Ring, the two were always getting caught by the others and they even had to begin calling out before entering a room. Luckily for Nia and Bellamy, their escapades weren't so open to others.

As soon as that video was over, another began. Except this time both of them were in the frame and Harper was flaunting a rather round belly.

"Hey, again. Today's the 2 year anniversary of the long nap. Harper's been eating a little too much algae." Monty joked placing his hand on her stomach.

"Hilarious." Harper stated before looking to the camera. "Hey, guys, surprise. We picked a name today. Boy or girl, Jordan."

"I think Jasper would like that. Anyways, still no sign the ground is coming back. I wouldn't expect it this soon, so, I'm not worried." Monty said simply before Harper reacted to a kick.

"Nia, you weren't kidding about the kicks hitting you bladder all the time." Harper joked before she wondered off screen.

"You know, I guess it's a good thing we had some experience with pregnancy and a baby, thanks to Atlas." Monty suggested.

He would've been freaking out if this was the first time they and experienced a baby, but Nia and Bellamy had beaten everyone to the punch. At least they knew how to deliver a baby and even knew what to expect when the baby was born.

"We'll check back in next time there's news." Monty recommended again after looking to the direction Harper had disappeared to. His face similar to how Bellamy reacted when Nia would leave.

Nia smiled slightly as she remembered how Harper had always been there with Echo when she was pregnant. Raven and Emori were always busy with maintaince and other things. That left Echo and Harper to help tend to Nia and help after Atlas had been born. There were many times when the boys had no clue what to do whenever Nia raged about something or even broke down in tears. It was always Harper who had managed to get her somewhat calm. Nia let out a sigh wishing she could've been there for her friend like she had done for her.

The next scene was a baby close to the camera. The baby fussing slightly in his father's hands.

"Meet Jordan Jasper Green." Monty announced making the group smile at the baby on screen and the boy beside them. Monty pulled the baby back into his arms and tried to soothe his cries. "That's all for now. Harper's resting. We're both good, though. He'll be eight when you meet him. I can't wait to see your faces."

The father and son shared a small moment as Monty looked down lovingly at his own son. Bellamy's chest tightened at the thought of when he first held Atlas. It was a moment that should always be treasured.

"Things didn't go as planned." Jordan spoke up with a sad tone underlining his words.

"Happy wake up day. 10 years. And since you're watching this sometime in the future, you know that, that I didn't wake you up. That's because there's still nothing down there. I'm working the problem. I've told Harper it's to be expected, but, well, that's a lie. This is going to take awhile. Jordan is doing great, though. He's a happy kid. I took a page from Clarke's parenting book. He knows all about you guys. Believe it or not, Murphy's his favorite and he's convinced Nia would leave Bellamy for him."

The last statement caused Jordan to blush a fiery red as they looked at him. "It was a rebellious phase and schoolboy crush."

He remembered the crush vividly as his dad would tell him all about the strong commander who saved them more than once. He even remembered going to the cryo pods to look at Nia. His father even caught his one time swinging a play sword around convinced if he was a warrior then Nia would look at him like one. When his mother asked, he told her that he would love and protect Nia from all the dangers that might come her way.

"Anyway, it's gonna be awhile. I'll let you know if things change."

The next scene that appeared made Nia's heart clench. Monty and Harper's hair was beginning to coat in white.

"Hey, guys, it's been a long time since we recorded one of these. We just put Jordan in cryo. He's a good boy." Monty spoke up from his spot behind Harper.

"Smart like his father." Harper commented rubbing her arm on his that was draped over her shoulder.

"And kind like his mom. We chose this life. He didn't. Hey. If you're watching this, kiddo. We love you so much." Monty told Jordan who watched the screen with a sadden expression.

Nia's hand clasped around Bellamy's as they shared a look. They both feared that one day a war might tear them away from the life they had built and Atlas might be in Jordan's position.

"Did you follow my instructions? Assuming he did. Hey, Bellamy. Hey, Nia. Hey, Clarke. We wanted him to wake you first so we could talk. Earth isn't coming back. You've been asleep for over 28 years and it's as dead as the day we left. I'm working on plan B, though. If your awake, that means I found it. I'll see you again when I do."

Monty went to stop that camera when Harper stopped him.

"Wait, not yet. Take care of our boy." Harper said before she unraveled herself from Monty's arm and looked into the camera. "Nia, you are my family as I am yours. If ever my fight is over, make sure his fight continues. I ask you to do this as a friend, a sister and a mother."

A lone tear fell from Nia's eyes at the phrase. There was a time when Nia had been most concern about what would happen when they get back to the ground. She worried about Atlas the most, what would happen to him, who would watch him. And in that moment of fear she approached Harper who had already understood most of the Trig language, she had spoken those same words to her. The debacle in the days leading up to that moment was between Harper and Echo, but in the end Nia had trusted Harper to care for her children in case she might not be able to. Never would she thought to be hearing the same words after everything that had happened.

"You can count on me always, sister." Nia whispered the words Harper had replied with.

The next video broke Nia's heart. Monty now in the old state of life as he carefully went to take a seat. His expression sadden that matched the tone of his voice.

"Jordan, your mother died today. She was pretty sick the last few years." The boy looked down to process the information.

"Clarke, you were right. Her dad's genetic condition finally got her." Clarke looked away sadden at the statement. While Bellamy wiped a stray tear at the lost of his friend.

Nia walked from his side and went to Jordan. Her hand on his shoulder while the other rubbed his arm. She had been in the position where her parents had died but they were taken at a cause of war. She never want her children to experience this time of sadness with no one beside them.

"We had a good life. Sometimes I know she wanted to be with you guys. Maybe I did, too. But if we did that I wouldn't be able to show you this. Son." Monty explained before Jordan moved forward slightly to push a button. The window began to open, outside it, was a planet that they looked at in awe. "It took me 30 years, but I finally cracked the Eligius Three mission file. Turns out it wasn't a mining mission. After sucking the Earth dry of oil, they went looking for another plant to tap."

Bellamy and Clarke went to the window to look out at their view. But Nia stayed close to Jordan. His throat quivered while his eyes filled with tears.

"I set the coordinates a week ago. If I'm right, you should her there in 75 years. I'm tempted to put myself in cryo to see it, but without Harper." Monty's words had managed to bring the tears flowing from Jordan's eyes.

Nia wasted no time pulling him into her arms and he clung to her arms that were wrapped around him. Her soothes caught Bellamy's attention as he went to help her calm him down. The couple sank to the floor while Jordan wept for his parents in Nia's arms.

"Anyways it's in the Goldilocks Zone of a binary star system. But that's all I know. Eligius Three never radioed back or, if it did, it was after apocalypse one, so, no one heard it. Can you see it? Is it beautiful? It is in my dreams. I hope we do better there. I Jasper was wrong and we aren't the problem. I hope your lives there will be as happy as mine has been. Be the good guys. May we meet again."

"May we meet again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 3.6K 16
Blade. Of course, this isn't her real name. No one knows it. The crimes she committed almost got her floated, even though she was fifteen at the tim...
531 21 8
After the second wave of Primfaya, and the world ending once more, Bellamy Blake and Spacekru do what they can to get back to the ground. The probl...
111K 2K 125
"I'm sorry, I just can't pretend to be something like that." "But you are something. You are Worheda." Faye kom Trikru will have to put her past behi...
17.4K 397 35
"𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪; 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨, 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙𝙨, 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙧...