Queen of all Kings

By cakewriter18

Iris Sarah Pantone. Abandoned and adopted as a baby, she's been through a lot, but then try and add in a craz... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 3: Mate
Chapter 4: A Grocery Store Run In
Chapter 5: Daycare Visitors
Chapter 6: Midnight Talks
Chapter 7: Pack Meeting
Chapter 8: Announcement
Chapter 9: Leaving
Chapter 10: Breakfast and Introductions
Chapter 11: A Tour
Chapter 12: Shopping
Chapter 13: Who's Frank?
Chapter 14: The Bird
Chapter 15: Journal
Chapter 16: Moving In
Chapter 17: A Warning
Chapter 18: Questions
Chapter 19: Communication
Author's Note
Chapter 20: Disruptions and Bad Ideas
Chapter 21: Unexpected Things
Chapter 22: Battle
Chapter 23: A Kiss
Chapter 24: Finding Out
Chapter 25: Heat
Chapter 26: Stuck
Chapter 27: Story Telling
Chapter 28: Trouble
Chapter 29: Plane
Chapter 30: Russia
Chapter 31: Reunion
Chapter 32: Makeup and Thoughts
Chapter 33: Jenna?!
Chapter 34: Who Packed This?
Chapter 35: I Love You
Chapter 36: Just A Talk
Chapter 37: The Prophecy
Chapter 38: Half the Plan

Chapter 2: The Banquet

4.4K 215 69
By cakewriter18

[Edited]

Hey again! Thanks for staying for the next chapter! You definitely won't be disappointed. This chapter is a long one. It is just past at 2000 words!!

The song above is explicit and the video is kind of bad, sorry.

Okay now to the chapter!!

~~~~

When I got home, my parents were very angry. They demanded to know where I had gone and why I had given up the chance to meet his Royalness. It was a serious offence after all.

He was one out of many Kings in the world, why would I want to meet him?

Well that's when I realized that he was the most powerful King in the world today, the U.S. was in the lead.

Oh well, I would see him tonight.

Yes, my Mother was making me go to this dumb banquet thing. She even insisted that I put on a dress and makeup!

I was good at painting my face but I hated the feeling of all of that stuff on it.

My Mother had me borrow one of the neighbors daughter's dress. It was a white with lace on the top, it went down to my knees.

"Let's go, Iris." My Mother says to me when I descend down the stairs. She had on a red dress that somehow carved out her figure in a good way.

Her normally curly hair, is gelled back into a tight bun.

It looked good on her.

Next to her was my Father.

He was wearing a different suit. Instead of a navy blue one from last night, it was a black one. The shoulder showed off his bulky muscles.

Once I reach his side he ruffles my hair and says, "You clean up well."

Swatting his hand away, I smile up at him. "Thanks Dad."

But Mother has to go and ruin the moment. "Let's go. We don't want to be late to his Majesty." Dad doesn't react but I have a scowl on my face.

If you haven't already noticed, I don't have a very good relationship with my Mother. My Father on the other hand, was the only reason I hadn't run away yet.

She constantly criticized me and ignored me, making me feel rejected, like I was nothing to her.

I know somewhere deep down inside of her twisted soul, she cared for me. Unfortunately she shows it in the worst ways.

When we walk to the three car garage we take my Father's car instead of my Mother's. His car is way nicer than mine or my her's.

He has a Tesla, model 3. His car smells new and fresh. Dad doesn't allow any food in his car unlike my Mom.

As we get into his gray car, my Mother yet again comments about my appearance.

"Pull your dress down, we don't want him to think that your scandalous. Your hair is out of place. Fix it before we get there."

Dad doesn't say anything as we drive down the deserted road towards the pack house. He's always been like that, never standing up for me. As we drive by, my forest comes into view and I sigh.

"I know Mother." I say to her. "I'll fix it."

In the back of the car I scrunch into the corner, trying to get as far out from her reach as possible, while trying not to mess up my carefully sculpted makeup. It was no secret that I was slightly scared of her.

We reach the pack house in no time and I let out a strangled breath. I hated being in crowded places, it made me feel uncomfortable. My mother straightened out my dress as soon as I got out of the car. 

Many other pack members were walking past us. Apparently we weren't the only ones late. 

Much to my dismay, Mother dragged me all the way to the grand french doors, diminishing all chances of running away for the second time. 

"Smile, make sure you look pleasant." Mother says into our family mind link before we walk in. I stay silent afraid to respond.

When we walked in I'm hit with a intoxicating smell, the smell of a fresh forest and something else that I couldn't put my finger.

Huh. My wolf comments.

She's right. This is weird.

Whatever it was, I forgot about it within moments, and paid more attention to my surroundings.

The pack house was beautiful, not like it wasn't before, but now it was decorated with beautiful colors and lights.

The normal white walls were now covered in colorful strings. Confetti was spread across the floor, honestly it was kind of excessive. Maybe the Alpha wanted to show off to Alpha Grayson.

"Come this way." Dad says as he leads us down a hallway where there were signs saying go to the dinning room.

The Omegas were quietly cleaning around the already perfect hallway. Some of the younger kids, I recognized from school. Of course they were like me, people who kept to themselves with few friends, if any.

The walls had painted pictures of past Alpha's, all the leaders who have lead this pack. Of course Alpha James was up there and so was his first born son, Mason, the typical, stereotypical rich kid and he was obviously a bad boy.

On the other side of the wall were all the Lunas. They all look like royalty, all dressed up in their finest silks and clothes. The current Luna Sophia was the last one at the end, Mason had yet to find his mate.

I started to trail behind my parents as I stopped to stare at the pictures. Of course, Mother wouldn't have it because she shooed me up to where she was walking

When I came to walk by my family I noticed other people in the hall.

A girl next to me with her family glared at me the whole way down, like she was somehow better than me, clearly she was.

She was beautiful, with hazel eyes and light brown hair, I envied her. I always hated my blond hair. It was like people thought that I was stupid and didn't understand the situation, which if they knew me would know that it wasn't true.

She was about six foot, which was surprising because I was always the tallest girl.

She would give me sideways glances every once and awhile, but when she caught me staring back at her, she would just whip her head around and thrust her chin up in the air.

This is why I don't go out, you meet people like this.

Looking up I realize that it was time to face the whole pack.

We reach the doors at the end of the hall and the family before us enters first, which I'm glad of, it gives me time to think and calm my nerves.

As soon as the doors are opened for us by some Omegas, I get another face full of the intoxicating scent that never seems to go away.

I've heard the stories, I've heard what it's like to find your mate. The smell, the beauty of your soulmate.

As we enter the dining room I see that name tags are in front of every chair, but we don't even get to choose who to sit next to. The chandelier above is decorated with the same strings as the one in the lobby.

I notice that the family walking down the hall has taken a seat all the way on the other side of the room.

"Let's go find our tables, come on Iris." Says my Father trying to get my attention. I follow them absent minded. My mind was somewhere else trying to find out where the smell was coming from.

Our plates are put in front of us as soon as everyone invited is in the room, but the leaders are no where to be found.

The Alpha, Luna, and the King were still not here so we dared not to touch the food yet. It was a disgrace for anyone to eat before the leaders did.

Chatter filled my ears, it seemed like everyone here was gossiping, even my Mother.

She was talking to the lady in front of us. She looked about in her mid-fifties, and seemed to be telling my Mother about the King.

"He's so generous," she gushes. "He and his pack helped our family. You see we use to live in-" I tuned out the rest of the conversation.

I did not care about what the King was doing in his free time, he seemed like a stuck up boy who got everything he wanted.

Whoever his mate was, she was going to have a hand full with him.

Mom nudged me in the side. "What do you think about that, sweetie?"

She only used that name in public, which could only mean one thing...

"Huh?" I ask unintelligently.

She give a me a tight smile one that I think is hilarious so see her squirm. Finally she said, "What do you think of someone here being the King's mate?"

Oh. "I don't know." I say thoughtfully. "I honestly have no idea who it could be. His still young right?"

The lady in front of us nods. "Yes, about twenty one."

My eyebrows raise high. How was he in charge of a whole country at such an immature age?

"Wow, I thought he would be older than that." I comment.

"I know." Mother says. "He's done so much for us at such a young age. Imagine what it will be like here in twenty years!"

"I know right!" Adds in the lady in front of us.

I can tell she's happy that I'm participating in the conversation, but I'm only doing it because it sparks my interest.

Suddenly everyone rises. I'm a little confused at first but then I realize that the Alpha is coming in.

Everyone bows their heads in respect as the Alpha and Luna take their seats in the center of the middle table. There is an empty seat next to Alpha James, probably for the King.

Wait, where was the King? Was he just trying to make a dramatic entrance?

Then the hairs on my back begin to rise, every single one of my senses are heightened by ten times.

My eyes are more clear and my hearing improves. Now instead of hearing only a few heart beats, now I can here everyone's heart beat.

What's happening to me?! I yelled to my inner wolf who is bouncing in the back of my mind.

Wait and see. Was the only answer I got in return.

With a burst, the doors that lead into the dinning room were open.

There stood the most beautiful man I had ever seen.

Everyone in the room fell silent.

He stood there with a black and white suit, much like my Father's. He had curly brown hair. The sides of his head where shaved so that only left the top part of his hair.

His muscles were bulging through his clothes.

To see him like that, it made me just want to stare.

He looked about 6'5, a proper height for a King.

Wait King?

His crystal blue eyes looked through the sea of people, until they landed on my baby blue ones.

That's when a word popped into my head.

Mate.

Yeah, you know what I said earlier?

I was the sucker who had to deal with the King for the rest of my life.

~~~~

So umm that happened...

To be honest I'm so proud of myself for this chapter. It took so long to figure out what I wanted to happen here.

I was originally going to wait longer until Iris was introduced to Grayson, but you know frick that plan.

If you liked this chapter and want more make sure you comment and like this chapter. Your feedback means a lot to me!!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this story, I promise I will try my hardest not to delete this story of completely abandon it.

Share this story of you want, comment and make sure to like. Oh and also make sure to follow me on wattpad to get notified when I come out with new books or update this story!

I love you guys so much!

Have a fantastic rest of your day! (Or night)

Cake

Word count: 2085 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
117K 7K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
45.3K 1.2K 109
Meet 18 (almost 19) year old also Alpha to be Kailey Summers. As well as her pack and her family only know her as the White wolf which Kailey fought...
72K 2.1K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...