A Different Breed ▻ Legacies...

Par arios2004

Valerie Rose was widely known at the Salvatore Boarding school as the daughter of Ophelia Rose, everyone's fa... Plus

CAST
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

39

4.4K 165 10
Par arios2004

While Hope, Ophelia, and Valerie had been off, trying to figure out what the next monster would be, Lizzie was encountering the Ginnie face to face. The Ginnie had gifted Lizzie with a countless amount of wishes. The jealousy Lizzie had for Hope and Valerie got the best of her and her first wish was that the two had never come to the Salvatore School.

Of course, little did she know, when doing that, it meant that Ophelia had never convinced Klaus to donate three million dollars to the school in the first place.

Soon after, in the fight to find recruits, Alaric and his two twin daughters found themselves in New Orleans.

They ended up finding Hope and Valerie, both of which had been vampires. Hope was a full-fledged tribrid while Valerie was a hybrid, but one of part werewolf and vampire, since she couldn't be both a vampire and witch. The group of three had found the two girls, only to find that they were heartless who killed anyone they wanted.

Ophelia and Klaus were still alive in that universe but didn't do a single thing to stop it for some odd reason.

Meanwhile, after they had been recruited for the second time, Lizzie used her second chance to wish that there was no longer a Salvatore School.

While attending an actual public school, Lizzie ended up having a meltdown and outed herself as a witch to the whole school.

Suddenly, Hope, Valerie, Kaleb, Jed, and Pedro arrived to come save the day. They were there after being sent by Valerie's mother, who had convinced Klaus, Hope's father, to help her build a school for kids just like their own.

Valerie and Hope had come to retrieve Alaric to be their school's new headmaster. Lizzie was pissed off as it was, but what made her really ticked off was when she saw Valerie and Josie flirting with each other while she was stuck lonely and in a horrible mood.

That was what led Lizzie to wish that Hope was never born. Little did Lizzie know that that little wish would cause the end of supernatural creatures.

The supernatural was being hunted down by triad. With Hope not born, Valerie had never been adopted and died along with her parents. Ophelia never drank Hope's blood to become a tribrid, yet she still remained a immortal witch-werewolf hybrid. Klaus and Ophelia were now married, enemies of the state. They had lost everything and anything that anchored them to their humanity. Klaus shut it off two years prior while something in Ophelia snapped, causing her to become similar to an emotionless vampire, yet she was just a werewolf and witch. The duo had started a war and outed supernaturals in the process.

After seeing her father nearly die, Lizzie had taken it all back, which caused everything to go back to normal. She wished that the Ginnie had never been caught by Triad, which meant they had never existed.

Hope and Valerie were woken up by a bell, indicating that there was a monster trying to get into the school. Still in their pajamas, the two girls walked into the hallway, where Dorian, Ophelia, and Alaric were already awake. Alaric wore his usual robe with a wooden crossbow in his hand.

"Sounds like the trap worked," Hope informed the group, filled with anticipation.

Ophelia handed Hope and Valerie a large knife/sword to use as a weapon.

"I know this isn't important, but you couldn't have put pants on first?" Hope complained to Alaric, causing Valerie to smile and shake her head.

"Don't you think it's a little too early for snark, Hope?" Ophelia told Hope with a sigh, "Leave the guy alone."

"Says the girl wearing fuzzy slippers," Valerie commented, sticking up for Hope as she gestured down to her mother's slippers.

Ophelia rolled her eyes, deciding not to argue with Hope and Valerie.

"Any guesses on what famous monster from filmland we get to slay today?" Dorian asked the group curiously.

Alaric scoffed loudly, "With our luck, it'll be Cthulhu," He remarked, causing Ophelia to smile and shake her head.

"Ooh," Valerie spoke up in a sarcastic tone, "Maybe a mummy."

Just then, the group of five stopped when they saw that it was just a horse that had sounded the alarm, "False alarm," Dorian informed the group, a smile on his face as he began to walk closer, "It's just a horse."

Alaric and Ophelia shared a wide eyed glance before walking closer, "Must've gotten out of the stables and wandered across the barrier spell."

The group stopped in front of where the barrier spell began. Valerie frowned, squinting her eyes to see that the horse was white, "Um, but the horse is white." She pointed out, causing Ophelia to turn and give her a puzzled look.

"What does that have to do with anything?" She asked her daughter confused.

"We don't have a white horse," She informed her mother with a sigh.

Just then, the horse turned its head, only to reveal a horn coming out of its head, meaning it was actually a unison, "Holy hell," Valerie muttered under her breath, her eyes wide.

The unicorn started to approach them and both Alaric and Dorian readied their weapon while Ophelia just stood there, not believing they would actually have the guts to kill a unicorn, of all things.

Both Hope and Valerie quickly stepped in front of the two men at the same time, blocking them from shooting the unicorn, "Hey, wait, wait," Hope spoke up, holding the palms of her hands out to tell them to stop, "Hold your fire."

"It's a monster, Hope," Dorian reminded the girl, "It's here to take the artifact."

"You're not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn, Dorian?" Valerie exclaimed loudly, "It's a unicorn for God's sake."

"I'm suggesting we don't give it a pass because it's cute," Dorian retorted.

Valerie sighed, sharing a glance with Hope, "Can't we just leave it alone?" She suggested and Hope nodded her head in agreement.

"Val's got a point," Hope spoke up, "It's trapped, it's not going anywhere. It's harmless."

Dorian, Ophelia, and Alaric turned to each other, sharing a glance with one another. While they were all distracted, the group didn't notice the small two parasites fall from the unicorn's ear and onto the group.

"Hope and Valerie are right," Alaric pointed out, "As long as we keep it alive, other creatures won't be coming for the urn. So we just stay alert and let it be."

With her hybrid hearing, Ophelia turned her head when she heard what sounded like a squeal, "What the hell?" She mumbled, causing Alaric to turn to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"I don't know," Ophelia admitted quietly, "I thought I heard something. Nevermind, I'm just going to...." She trailed off, "Go back to bed."

As Ophelia and Dorian walked off, Hope, Alaric, and Valerie shared a glance with each other before following close behind.

_______

In their room, Hope and Valerie were fast asleep in their beds, not even noticing the two slugs slithering up their face. While Hope's went up her nose, Valerie's went through her ear.

Valerie groaned, her eyes shooting open at the same time as Hope's. Hope sat up from laying down, a large, happy smile on her face.

Valerie, on the other hand, sat up, looking anything but that.

"Morning, Valerie," Hope greeted her friend excitedly, walking over to Valerie's bed. She took a seat next to her and hugged Valerie, who didn't hug her back, "Isn't it just a fantastic day?"

"Let go of me!" Valerie growled, pushing Hope off of her, "What the hell wrong with you?"

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Hope muttered under her breath, skipping over to her dresser to get dressed.

After they had both gotten dressed, they headed to the main parlor, where Landon and Hope sat together, "Morning, handsome," Hope greeted Landon, placing a hand on his back before kissing him.

Valerie rolled her eyes, walking over to Rafael before taking a seat on the arm of his chair, "You mean handsomes, dumbass," She snapped at her, just before placing a kiss to Rafael's cheek.

Hope looked down to see a pastry from the kitchen laying on the table in front of them, "Mmm," She hummed, picking up the pastry, "Sweet, sweet carbs."

"I wouldn't want to eat that," Valerie commented, "Do you realize how many carbs in that? You don't want to get fat."

Rafael and Landon frowned, sharing a look with each other before turning to their girlfriend, "Somebody's in a good mood," He said, referring to Hope.

"And someone's in a bad mood," Landon added in, gesturing to Valerie.

Hope smiled while Valerie rolled her eyes, "Hmm," She hummed in response, "Just woke up on the right side of the bed, I guess," She paused, turning to Valerie, "Unlike dear Valerie here."

Valerie sarcastically smiled at Hope, flipping her off, "Love you, too!" Hope replied happily, "You're so funny, Val. I love that about you. It's one of the many reasons why I enjoy having you as a best friend."

From the corner of her eye, Valerie saw Josie and Lizzie walking up to them with locked arms. Her eyes were fixed on Josie, who sent her a small smile.

The twin sisters stopped when they were standing in front of them and sent the group of four a smile, "Good morning," Lizzie greeted the group, "Rafael."

"Hi," Rafael awkwardly replied, causing Valerie to let out a sigh as she gave Lizzie an unamused look that seemed to be mixed in with a glare, "Uh, how was your--your trip?"

"Excellent," Josie answered for her sister with a smile on her face, "Thank you. And welcome back, Landon."

"Didn't you vote me out?" Landon asked Josie and Hope placed a hand on his back.

"Well, technically, so did Hope and I," Valerie spoke up, defending Josie, which came as a surprise to the whole group, "It's all in the past."

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but Valerie is right. It's all in the past," Lizzie spoke up, "Now, is everyone as excited as I am about tonight?"

"Ew, no," Valerie groaned, giving the two girls a disgusted look.

"What, Val?" Josie asked in disbelief, "You love this night every year! Ever since we were kids!"

"Nope," Valerie replied, crossing her arms over her chest, "Tonight can suck my nonexistent d--"

Before Valerie could finish her vulgar comment, Landon spoke up, "What's happening tonight?"

Hope laughed, "The school's annual talent show," She informed her boyfriend with a bright smile on her face, "All the factions compete. Val usually takes part with the witches, but I have a feeling she'll be doing it with the wolves this year," She paused, gesturing to Rafael before turning to face Lizzie and Josie, "You know, the witch performance wouldn't be the same without you two."

"Thank you," Josie thanked Hope with a smile on her face.

Before Valerie could say something, a musical chime was heard, meaning it was time for the announcement, "If I could have your attention. Last night we were able to capture a monster here on the grounds.  We have everything under control. But given this potential danger, it is with a heavy heart that I must postpone the talent show," All groans were heard around the room, causing Valerie to smile, clearly hoping that there would be no talent show, "Hopefully, we'll be able to reschedule this...unique event...at a later date. A much, much later date."

"Well, that's fantastic," Valerie commented with a smile on her face, "But it does confuse me why he would cancel the talent show when the monster we're dealing with is a freakin' unicorn. Technically, does a unicorn even count as a monster?"

"A unicorn?" Lizzie asked Valerie, clearly trying to keep calm at that moment.

"Yup," Valerie replied and an angry look grew on Lizzie's face before she stormed off with Josie close behind.

AN: Valerie's being a bit of a bitch, but that's not exactly what's going to be happening with her for the next few chapters. There will a lot of jealousy and impulsive decisions coming up.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

19.1K 650 20
Amelia Salvatore. The name Salvatore ring any bells? The daughter of Stefan and Caroline and the older sister of Lizzie and Josie. Join her on her j...
42.1K 1K 20
Sarah Nightshade, aka Sadie, was not your average girl. She's a blonde 17-year-old with anger problems, but...she's also a hybrid. A mix between were...
13.1K 414 6
Klaus Mikaelson died in order to save his daughter Hope. But after his death, Klaus left something or better say someone behind. His oldest daughter...
67.6K 1.7K 52
No one tells you how much things will hurt when those you love most are ripped from your life. It's been seven years since Hope and Henry Mikaelson h...