Unpredictable // Ashton Irwin

By Love_is_war45

Courtney has it all, a loving boyfriend, a great job, brothers who love to protect her, and a dad that is alw... More

Unpredictable ~Ashton Irwin~
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
About the update
Chapter 30.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
So uh, yeah..
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Epilogue

Chapter 31.

1.7K 46 7
By Love_is_war45

Courtney’s P.O.V*

I sat the five other people, in this house, down at the kitchen table. All of them had four pieces of paper placed in front of them, each having a different name on them. Although, they all had the same names on their papers, none of them were the correct one that I have picked out. I wanted to trick them since none of them actually guessed the right name.

“Okay on the papers in front of you there are four names, y’all have to guess the correct name.” I told them the boring part of this trick. They all gave me excited grins.

What they didn’t know, and this would be the fun part, is that whole they are picking, I’m going to announce the real name on Twitter. They’ll most likely be annoyed that I announced it on there before telling them but oh well.

Before going into the kitchen, I made them leave their phones on the coffee table, so incase I’m one of the people they have mobile notifications turned on, they won’t get the update.

“What do we get if we pick correctly?” Mikey asked with a lopsided grin. I glared at him; of course he’d ask that question.  I’m actually pretty annoyed that he would think of asking it but it’s the hormones I have got going on that causes me to find him annoying.

There are some times when I can’t stand to be in the same room as Michael. Of course I feel bad after words, but when we’re together, he annoys me and I just become rude to him.

“The satisfaction of knowing his name, that’s what you win.” I snapped.

He raised his hands up knowing I was becoming annoyed with him.

“So can we pick now?” Jessica asked, defusing the growing tension in the room. She twirled the bottom of her hair, anxiously waiting for my answer.

I gave them the go ahead and watched as they immediately started looking through the pieces of paper. While they were engrossed with that, I went ahead and sent my tweet. From the other room, a loud buzzing could be heard. All of them looked up towards me, hearing the same sound too.

“Y’all stay, I’ll go see who’s buzzing.” I muttered, acting like it was nothing and that I actually didn’t know why the phone rang.

I waddled into the living room, going straight to the cluster of phones on the small table. One by one, I swiped the Twitter notifications away, leaving their phones blank. It was weird to know that they all had my notifications turned on, but knowing them they probably have each other’s on as well.

Waddling back into the kitchen, I found all of them grinning from ear to ear.

“Figure it out?” I laughed, finding that funny since none of them were right.

All of them started thrusting their choice name toward me. I looked through them for the hell of it, and found the names Bryson, Brandon, Braydon, and two Bradley.

“So who got it right?” Calum asked, leaning forward in his seat. I smirked.

“Now that’s where this little game gets interesting. See I gave y’all four names, counting down your options by a lot, now you have to choose for yourself.”

They all glared at me, obviously not finding my little game funny.”

“Okay then, is his name Br-“ I cut Luke off, grinning wider.

“Also between the five of you, you can only have one guess. If you guess wrong you have to wait until he’s born to know.”

Their jaws dropped, not finding this funny anymore. Of course, that’s not how it’s going to be, but why not make them sweat this a little bit?

“She’s evil!” Calum whispered to Michael, thinking no one would har. I laughed, walking back into the living room.

“Good luck!”

A few hours later I sat alone on my bed staring at the ceiling, finding the patterns to be the same that were on mine back home.  I had the house to myself, Ashton, Michael, and Calum all left to go out while Luke was taking Jessica out.

Before he left he had asked me where he should take her. I wasn’t sure, but told him somewhere simple. I knew she was a huge banana milkshake fan so I gave him that as an idea. He left, saying something about me being a genius, and I’m not even kidding. He was just buttering me up though, wanting me to tell him the name. I shooed him away, telling him to figure it out himself.

None of them have caught on and I’m actually surprised. I was on Twitter earlier and it seemed to be all everyone could talk about.

I moved down on the bed, lying on my side. I grabbed my warn out copy of Heartbreak River off the bedside stand and started reading from where I left off. I was pretty content in reading until my cell phone rang about an hour later. I grabbed it, setting the book down and answering the call.

Before I could even answer, I was cut off.

“You little sneak!” Calum laughed. I smirked, thinking it was about time that one of them figured my little trick out. I laid back down, rubbing the side of my stomach for comfort.

“Figure it out Cal?” He laughed, jokingly being annoyed by my sarcasm.

“Yeah, I was scrolling through Twitter and saw that someone had retweeted your tweet. I like his name, definitely something that you’d choose.”  He told me. I grinned, feeling happy that he likes it. I was, somewhat, afraid that none of them would like his name and think it was stupid.

“What is his middle name?” Calum asked.

“Well, Jessica suggested Remmington and I really love it together.  It’s unique and possibly crazy but I think it’ll fit him.” I told him truthfully.  I was pretty unsure of Remmington as a middle name but as I thought about it, the name just grew until I fell in love with it.

“Have the other figured it out?” I continued, wondering if he might have told the other two he was with, or if they may have seen the tweet as well.

“Nope, want me to tell them?”

“Nah, make them sweat some more.” I said then thought about it for a second. “On second thought, you should make them believe it’s another name. Tell them I almost let it slipped that his name is going to be Bryson.” I grinned, finding another way to make this trick interesting. Calum laughed loudly in the phone.

“Sometimes I wonder how truly evil you are.” He joked. I laughed along with him. A light tap hit the inside of my stomach, causing me to jump. He’s been a lot more active lately.

“It’s the hormones, I swear!” I laughed again. He hummed a response. We sat in silence for a moment, not knowing what to say.

“You know, since I did figure his name out, you should reward me.” I sighed, knowing he’d go there.

“Buy your own pizza Calum.” I hung up on him, knowing he was hinting at buying him food, or at least making it, and that’s not happening.

Ashton’s P.O.V*

Calum had rushed out of the store we were in, with his phone to his ear. Michael and I looked at each other than to the door where he just walked out, wondering why he left in such a hurry.

“What do you think is so important?” Mikey asked, leaning into my shoulder so only I could hear. I shrugged, not really knowing what would make him leave the room we were in to call someone. He’d usually stay with us if he had a phone call.

When he walked in again, he stood beside us, acting like nothing had happened. That alone let me know something was up, usually he would start talking to us again.

“Cal, what’s up?” Michael waved his hand in front of his face, grabbing his attention.   Calum looked up at us, trying to cover up a smile on his face.

“What name did you two choose?” He asked, completely ignoring our previously question towards him. Michael and I looked and each other than to him.  Why would he ask that?

“I chose Brandon.” Michael said, shrugging slightly.

“Bradley.” I say, wondering where this was going.

Calum smiled creepily, looking around the small shop to see who was around. He leaned in closer to us, whispering, “What if I told you I know for sure what his name is!” I stepped back, astonished.

How he would know his name, I have no clue.  She’s not told anyone what the name is and now he says he does, just doesn’t make sense.

“How?” Michael asked him.

“I got a call from her, she was saying about how she wanted Jessica to know before anyone else, and well she was getting ready to say Bryson. I know it for a fact. I didn’t hear it all because she must have known that she accidently called me, because the call ended seconds later.” I didn’t buy it, it just didn’t seem right. But what if he’s right? Bryson just seems like a name she would pick, and it’s common but not. 

“Are you sure?” I asked. He nodded, saying he was positive. It took me a minute or two but I guess I was convinced. He was my best mate, and I trusted him, so if he says that she was going to say Bryson, than I believe him.

“So we know the name’s Bryson. We just have to tell Luke, since Jessica already knows.” I said, thinking about how we could tell him. I know he thought it was Bradley as well; I was sitting beside him when we picked.

“Leave Luke, to me, I’ll convince him that it’s Bryson.”

Well look! We're at chapter 31, who would have thought! :) I'm sorry about the lateness, as I stated in the previous chapter I would have a late update this week. I had to work all week so I couldn't write. The only day I have to work this week is Friday and Saturday, so there will be an update Friday! I hope you like it! The ending is a little rubbish-y but, I didn't know where to end it. It's also short sooo, sorry for that!

-Stay Beautiful <3 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 34.8K 53
Michael Clifford is the sweet, funny boy next door who is friend-zoned by the girl he's liked since second grade. Hope Taylor is the notorious girl b...
1M 34.7K 36
Ashton is okay right now. He's always like this after a bad bout. He starts off saying that the world is his oyster and he loves everyone, but when t...
424 20 26
Two guys. Two sisters. One long trip. What could go wrong?
378K 8.6K 39
Kelsey is Ashton Irwin's sister. He likes to keep her more of a secret to protect her, as she is quite fragile, medically. When she finds out that sh...