Home

By WinterWolf-99

Phantom Planet has happened, but revealing their secret turned into the biggest mistake of their lives. Danny... More

Chapter 1: Parachute
Chapter 2: Bad Landing
Chapter Three: The Cave
Chapter Four: The Start Of Trust
Chapter Six: One Year
Chapter Seven: PTSD
Chapter Eight: Hiding Place
Chapter Nine: Distrust
Chapter Ten: Another Mystic
Chapter Eleven: Flores Sanquire
Chapter Twelve: Siren of Nature
Chapter Thirteen: A Chance to Trust
Chapter Fourteen: The Ghost Zone
Chapter Fifteen: The Mystic Isles
Chapter Sixteen: Mystic War
Chapter Seventeen: Have To Go Back
Chapter Eighteen: Amity Park
Chapter Nineteen: Home Sweet Hell Hole
Chapter Twenty: Good Luck? Never Heard Of It
Chapter Twenty-One: A Lot More Than Meets The Eye
Chapter Twenty-Two: Jazz
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Hard Truth
Chapter Twenty-Four: You're Nothing To Us
Chapter Twenty-Five: Of Councils And A Costumed Huntress
Chapter Twenty-Six: Huntress In Red
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Danielle Phantom
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Divide & Conquer
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Enter The Crystal Beasts
Chapter Thirty: The Hybrid
Chapter Thirty-One: Breaking Into A Government Facility... Again
Chapter Thirty-Two: We've Had Enough Of You
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Horrors Of Reality
Chapter Thirty-Four: Okay, Now We're Mad
Chapter Thirty-Five: First Battle Of A War
Chapter Thirty-Six: Tale of Dark Dan
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Rise
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Army of Magic
Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Battle Begins
Chapter Forty: Demon Of Fire
Chapter Forty-One: Flaming Feathers
Chapter Forty-Two: A Ghost's Rage
Chapter Forty-Three: Ultimate Harmony
Chapter Forty-Four: Final Showdown
Chapter Forty-Five: Returning Home

Chapter Five: The League

2.1K 65 5
By WinterWolf-99

Batman did as Aqualad had told him to, which is a new one. Guess he was just as curious as everyone else. Which was also new. To think, the world's greatest detective was outsmarted by two teenagers. Like it was their fault they weren't from their world. 

Other league members, that had been curious over the mysterious twins, had also come to the cave. Not only the four that had already been there, but also Superman, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, and Green Lantern (John Stewart). For those that have seen the twins before were shocked to see their hero forms.

''Who are those two,'' Superman asked.

Flash did a really stupid thing and sped up to them.

''The name's Flash, nice to meet you,'' he greeted the twins.

''Eep,'' White squeaked, a gold force field forming around him.

Flash backed away, shocked by his powers. The league and team were also taken back by this.

''Sorry about that,'' Danny apologized. ''My brother is not typically a nervous person. But when he gets shocked or really worried... well... you see what happens.''

White dropped the force field. He took a step more toward his brother. It was quite obvious to everyone that he was uncomfortable.

"Believe it, or not, but this is Danny and White," Kaldur told them.

The two groups of heroes could hardly believe it. They were so different from how they looked in their human forms. Even their blue eyes had changed to Danny's green color and White's gold.

"Were how you looked before just illusions, then," Canary asked.

"Those were our human forms," Danny explained. "Having more than one form has us able to easily hide our identities."

"What are you," Batman asked.

"We. Are. Not. WHATS," White boomed, his siren voice making a slight boom that was like a small burst of wind.

They were all taken back by this. Batman didn't even really mean anything by it, but you can hardly tell because of his emotionless face. Danny knew how much White hated being called a 'what.' He felt the anger too. They were never thought of as 'who' in Amity Park. Just a ghost and siren. They weren't human to them. They were partly right, but that doesn't mean they deserved the treatment they got.

"We are still people," White cried. "So what if we are not human, that doesn't make us any less of a person than you. I am sick and tired of everyone around us treat us like we can't feel. It isn't right, but you all think it is."

"White," Danny said, putting his arm around his brother's shoulders. "It's alright. We aren't there anymore."

Nightwing went over to the two.

"I apologize for Batman," he told them. "He tends to piss people off because he has no filter between his mind and his mouth. He also has a very... let's go with stern personality."

They actually gave Nightwing slight smiles.

"So, would you mind explaining your powers," Superman asked.

Danny kept White close.

"Know that because of our powers, we've been called freaks, seen as disgusting, and hated by everyone," Danny said. "We left our home because we had no one there. No one left for us."

Miss.Martian gasped, covering her mouth. She was always the sweetheart of the team. Hearing two kids, that couldn't be any older than them, say that their entire hometown hated them was hard to hear. It was probably even harder for the two to say.

"When we were twelve, our parents had created a portal to the Ghost Zone, a place where all ghosts live," Danny explained. "When it failed to activate, I went inside of it. But I tripped and hit the 'ON' button."

The heroes had on faces that said "seriously."

"We know, stupid decision," White says.

"When the machine turned on, I was still inside," Danny continued. "Because I was, my DNA was fused with ectoplasm. It killed me halfway, making me half ghost. White, on the other hand, was only by the entrance. He got caught up in the magical sound waves from the home of magical music, making him a siren."

"From that day, on, we wanted to use our powers to help others against the ghosts and mystics that kept coming through the portal," White took over. "But the problem was... our parents were ghost hunters. They believe all ghosts and magical creatures were evil by their nature. That they didn't have feelings of love or compassion and could only hate. The worst part was that they didn't know about our powers, so they hunted us."

Batman picked up subtle words that White used, but they contradicted each other. He said his parents 'were' ghost hunters as if they were gone. But then he says things that make it seem they are still alive. Like 'believe the ghosts and mystics were evil' instead of 'believed.' But he did hear about their own parents hunting them because of their own beliefs. That disgusted him.

"We had friends that helped us," Danny took over again. "As well as our older sister. Then there was the incident with the Disasteroid, a meteor that would have destroyed both our worlds, human and magical. We got every ghost to come out of the Ghost Zone and turn the Earth intangible."

"So, you had saved the world," Robin asked, quite impressed.

They nodded.

"Just the two of you," Guardian gasped.

They nodded again.

"Impressive," Wonder Woman congratulated.

"Someone had to do it," Danny shrugged. "You people don't even exist where we're from."

"Then, where are you from," Green Lantern asked. (I will call John Stewart by Green Lantern and Hal Jordan by GL.)

"A different realm," White explained. "There are dozens of realms in existence. But in science, they call it the multiverse. But here is one thing that science lacks in, things that are correct."

Nightwing struggled to keep his laughter under control. He knew that if Kid Flash was there, he would be furious. No one has more doubts about magic than him. He also insulted magic whenever it was brought up. These two were users of magic and had insulted science. To him, it was hilarious.

"Science says that it's an infinite number of parallel worlds, that is wrong," White continued. "There are only about one hundred and twenty-five realms, and only fifty-two have parallel Earths. This one, I'm pretty sure, is Realm 1. We're from Realm 3, where there are no superheroes."

It was shocking how these two knew so much. They looked so innocent in their human forms, yet have been sucked into all this magic and ghost drama.

Batman finally got what they were saying about their parents. They weren't in the same realm as them, so that was why they talked in the past tense.

"I get that you two not being human would get you called freaks and seen as disgusting, but what about everyone hating you," Jaime (Blue Beetle) asked. "You saved the world... your world... their world... this may take some getting used to."

"It didn't matter what we did," Danny said. "Our secret was exposed because of that. We had a few moments of bliss, but then it all started. Even after ghosts and magic saved the world, people still saw them as evil. Saw US as evil."

"They started blaming anything and everything," White says. "Every time a ghost or mystic attacked, they blamed us. When something was destroyed, they blamed us. When a light bulb blew out, they blamed us. Our own parents treated us like we were monsters. Our friends abandoned us. We only had our sister and one friend. The rest of the town seemed on the verge of a Salem Witch Trial massacre."

The league and part of the team now knew everything they needed to know about the twins. But that didn't make them feel any better. They forced these two to re-live the pain they went through. They bowed their heads in guilt.

"I'm sorry you two had to go through that," Karen (Bumblebee) says.

"No one should have their lives torn apart like that," Green Arrow said.

The twins both held their pendants for comfort.

"They had lost our respect long before we left," Danny told them. "The only real home we had ever known was the Ghost Zone and Mystic Isles, the realms between the realms. One is the home of all ghosts, formally known as the Isle of Ghosts, and the other is the home to all magical creatures. Except for demons, they're more of an Earth thing. Sucks for mortals doesn't it."

BB, Superboy, Beetle, and Nightwing snickered at that remark.

"The Ghost Zone and Mystic Isles have been more home to us than Amity Park ever was," White says. "Danny is respected by the ghosts since he defeated their evil king. And the sirens are my family. They care more for us than our so-called parents ever did."

"Even if we could go back and stop ourselves from gaining these powers, we wouldn't," Danny said.

They got slight smiles from the team and the league. But looking at Batman, he still had on his scowl. They could easily tell he was the main leader type, the kind that always feels the weight of the world on their shoulders.

The two could easily tell he was not the 'talk about yourself' type. But the fact that he had a darkish aura vibe to him was enough to make their skin crawl. Without even realizing it, White turned on his siren hearing. His ability to hear into a person's heart. An easy job for the siren of pure heart. But, for once, he regretted it.

The moment his golden eyes looked at Batman, horrible images went into his head. A guy, with a gun, hidden in the shadows. Two shots were fired and bats flew everywhere.

Panicking, White looked away. But then he laid eyes on Nightwing. He then saw a set of trapeze wires snap. From Robin, he saw a man wailing on a child. Beast Boy, a smoking car in a pond. Blue Beetle, the scarab taking over and attacking the team. Green Arrow, trapped on an island after watching a whole ship sink. Superman, an entire planet exploding.

White started to hyperventilate, backing away from them. Danny immediately noticed and ran to his brother when he fell backward.

"White? White? What's going on, little brother," he asked, scared and concerned.

"Too much," White cried, holding his head and crying. "Too much pain. Too much anger, sadness, and fear. I feel it, I feel it all."

The heroes had no idea what to do. They didn't know about his powers, so they didn't know how to deal with this. Aqualad and Nightwing bent down by the siren. But that turned out to be a mistake.

When White looked at Aqualad, he saw more images from reading his heart. Atlantis in ruins, Black Manta, Tula. It was getting too much for him to handle.

"Make it stop," White cried, his tears turning to gold. "Too many voices. So much pain and heartache. It's in my head and in my heart, and it hurts. Make it stop, please."

Danny, now crying tears of his own, struggled to get White to stand. Bumblebee and Guardian, the only ones not traumatizing him, brought the siren back to his room.

"I'm sorry," Danny managed to say before running off to join his brother.

*****Time Skip*****

The team had separated around the cave. Most of the league had left. Batman, Black Canary, and Red Tornado were the only ones left in the cave. Batman was on the computer with Nightwing and Robin by his side. They were trying to do any research based on what the twins told them.

"They definitely do not seem like they're from this world," Batman says. "There are no records of any town called Amity Park. Or any town with supposed ghost and magical creature attacks."

"How could parents treat their own kids like monsters," Robin says. "From what they've told us, they didn't do anything wrong."

"That just isn't right," Nightwing said.

They then heard someone walk up. When they turned, it was White.

"I'm sorry," White apologized.

"You have nothing to apologize for," Nightwing told the siren.

"I know," White said. "I know everything."

The Bat family looked at him with slight concern. What did he know? Their identities? Their weaknesses? What?

"All sirens have the hand in elements with our siren songs and screams," White says. "I am the siren of pure heart, so my special power is that my siren hearing enables me to listen to a person's heart. I accidentally activated it."

"So... what does that mean," Robin asked.

"I didn't mean to, but I read all of yours," White told them. "Bruce Wayne, lost his parents in a mugging gone bad. Dick Grayson, parents killed when Tony Zucco sabotaged their trapeze. Tim Drake, abused by his father after his mother left."

The three didn't know what to feel. They weren't hurt because they saw how much White hated knowing this, and the guilt present in his eyes.

"I felt it all," White says, the tears streaming down his face. "I lost control and read all your hearts. I felt all your pain, all your loss, all your anger. I saw what happened to everyone here. I'm sorry you all went through all that."

"That power... he doesn't want it," Dick (Nightwing) thought. "He has felt the entire rainbow of human emotions and yet he is only concerned for us. He really is a hero at heart. He has the whole world in his head and he doesn't even act like it."

"I'm really sorry," White bowed his head.

Nightwing then did the most unexpected thing. He went over and hugged the siren. White let his golden tears fall. Danny watched from the doorway. He was smiling at them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 1.6K 40
(I do not own Young Justice) White Hope was born with a powerful magic that enables him to use sound infused with the light of the sun. But his life...
12.4K 863 58
A team? More like a family. Too much school? Try being a superhero with the safety of the world on your shoulders. A strong leader, a big brother...
1.3K 36 10
𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𖤐 "the quality or state of being true" ⚘ 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬𝟑 ⚘ 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐱𝐨𝐜
26.3K 1K 28
Danny Fenton didn't get his powers from a lab accident, he was born with them. Once the Ghost Investigation Ward (GIW) catch wind of the world's "onl...