The Boss

By BlackedSheeps

Katrin Dane, wealthy, billionaire, sophisticated, sexy, single and lonely at 37. Kris Smith, hardworking, si... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Thank you!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 18

51.7K 1.9K 140
By BlackedSheeps

Kris' POV

I keep on walking not knowing exactly where to go, I just wanna air out all this pain and understand what the hell happened.

I know we agreed on not letting anyone know about our marriage but does she really have to deny me? I'm the fucking father of the child she's carrying, I may not be as successful and as rich as she is but she could have given me some credit for being the other parent.

Looking around I could see I'm at a park, there are not much of people around probably because it's the middle of the day. Sitting at a nearby bench I reach for my phone and dialed the only person that can maybe cheer me up, besides Andy.

"What's wrong?" the person answered almost immediately

"wow! that's how you greet people that call?"

"Okay then, Hello sir how may I be of service?"  the person spoke with what I can call a fake British accent

"you could start by dropping the accent, you sound like a sheep getting hit by a car" I answered back already having a laugh.

"Oh! but I love me some accent! you know normal is boring mate" she talks back with a sort of Scottish accent, I think.

"God I miss you!" I said after having a hysteric laugh. This person sure knows how to lighten my load.

"I miss you too, I wish I could visit you soon but--"

"but work's holding you up. I understand" I said with a sigh cutting her off.

"What's with the sigh then?"

"Things are just not running smoothly for me and you know workload and stuff. I just want to breathe for a while" I said avoiding the real problem.

"you know things will not always go as we wish it to be. Sometimes we need to understand that life gives us situations that may look difficult but actually is something to build us more character." 

"I wish you didn't leave, I could use your famous hot chocolate right now to brighten my mood"

"I promise to make you one as soon as I visit. I really miss you and I know you want some hug right now"

"Yeah, you always know how to cheer me up. Anyway I better hang up, I know you have a lot of work to do and I know I'm becoming a bother" 

"Hey, you're never a bother, remember that. I'm always a call away whenever you need me. I love you, okay! Never forget that" the person said with determination.

"I know and I love you too. I better get going, I'm hungry and my lunch break will soon end" I said feeling a little better.

"Okay, be safe, okay? Bye." the person said hanging up.

Talking to this person helps to ease my mood a little. I couldn't actually spill my guts to this person since I promise that no one will know about this marriage.

I didn't move from my seat and tried to soak in some sun to maybe alleviate this feeling. Looking around I spotted a father and son at a nearby swing, they seem to be enjoying themselves, Andy loves to play at the park every time I take him. 

I can't help but think if my kid with Katrin will grow up having a normal life, probably not because of Katrin's status. I don't really have a say to anything with life so far.

Having enough strength to stand, I decided to walk to Len's cafe. Maybe that goof can cheer me up more and shed some light into my situation.

Entering the cafe the pleasant smell of coffee welcomed me, this place gives you the homy feel that I surely needed now. Len spotted me and quickly ran to me.

"what's up dork?"

"can I have a double chocolate chip steaming hot choco and a slice of your extra moist chocolate cake?" I told her sitting on a corner table.

"tough day ha?" she questioned to which I just nod. She quickly fitch my order and returned with my food.

"what's bothering you?" she asks as she settled my food in front of me.

"we went to Katrin's check up this morning" I answered with a sigh.

"that's good, I'm glad you actually came with her. I can't take another complaint about that belly she gave you" she said chuckling form the memory.

"yeah" I said taking a small bite of the cake.

"so, is something wrong with the baby?" she answered with concern.

"no, the baby is healthy. We actually heard it's heartbeat for the first time, it was amazing hearing and knowing your kid is growing properly and healthy" I said holding my mug and staring at the window.

"what is it then?" she asks with connecting eyebrows.

"she denied me" I said after a few seconds staring at the content of my mug.

"what do mean denied you? who? how?" Len is really confused and I can't blame her.

"Katrin told her doctor that I was her 'husband's assistant'" I answered her looking down. Len holds my hand giving me comfort.

"oh, are you okay?" 

"I don't know if I have the right to be hurt" I said with a sigh.

"Of course you have the right to feel. You're human and besides you actually the husb-- I mean wife despite your circumstances" she said with a calming tone.

"I can't blame her, It's hard enough to be pregnant with your employee's kid but be pregnant by someone who is neither a man or woman is a lot more complicated and shameful. I don't even think she's into lesbians" I said to Len a bit teary.

"hey, come here" Len moves her seat next to mine and hug me.

"what's between your legs doesn't make you any less of a human. You're still her partner and the parent of your kid, she should be thankful you agreed to everything they wanted" she said getting work up.

"I just wish I was normal you know and successful just like her then maybe she would accept me wholly" I said in a whisper.

"Kris, you're perfect just the way you are, you don't need to be someone else to be accepted. You're the person that made sure your family is provided and taken cared off. You're the person who went far and beyond just to be the best parent for Andy, you're also the person that believed in me when no one did, and I know you will be the person that will turn heaven and hell upside down just to be there for you kid" Len said encouraging me.

"Thanks Len, you're really the best friend a woman or man could ever ask for" I said smiling a bit.

"and don't you ever forget that! Come on, eat" she said shoving my cake to me.

I did as she said, I finish everything and Len keep on talking about her day and how Andy and her had an argument about some cartoons.

"you two are really the same age. Really Len? you're having an argument with a two-year-old about some show you don't agree on?" I said laughing at her pout.

"Hey! I'm older than your son and I have the right argument" she said slapping me.

"Okay! okay!" I said surrendering to her.

"Sooo... what's your plan about Katrin?" she asks after we settled down from laughing.

"nothing" I answered.

"you're not gonna do anything?" she asks curiously.

"I'll give her what she wants" I said straightening my clothes.

"and what's that?" she continued questioning.

"I'll be her 'husband's assistant' from now on" I said picking some cash from my wallet and putting it at the table.

"are you sure about that?" she questioned again.

"yap! I won't push myself to someone who doesn't want me. I'll just be there for my kid and that's it" I answered sighing.

"you know you don't need to pay and will that be the right solution?" she asks.

"it's business Len and besides I like paying for what I eat." I said smiling to her. Len's eyebrows where raise.

"that's the best solution I could think off and I really need to put a lot of distance between us. I know she could never have any feelings for me." I answered her with a sigh.

"well, if that's what you think is right then I'll support you" she said hugging me.

Even if that's not the right solution it's the best solution for us. Katrin Dane could never fall for someone like me, Kris Smith, a low life, pathetic, and untitled commoner. I have to guard myself against her from now on and just focus on my kid. She's nothing more than the boss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 26.8K 30
Juno was reading in her room when the earth started the shake heavily followed with a loud ear deadening crash. She ran to her backyard to find a hug...
373K 18.3K 29
Dylan wanted nothing more than to be the humanitarian she's always dreamed of being. She had a soft spot for the needy and would sacrifice herself if...
69.1K 2K 23
Have you ever thought about earth, or humans, the way your body and your brain react to love, fear, pain,loss...hope? Well- yeah...me neither. Gp y/n...
102K 5.9K 58
I'm trying something different with this story I hope you all like it!!! After being convicted for the murder of her boyfriend 19 year old Omerra is...