Seven Days To Love | βœ“

By anamika_writes

*Valentine Special 2019* Adya runs into her ex-husband Dhruv at a super market. Things take an unexpected tur... More

Preface
1 - Rose Day
2. Propose Day
3. Teddy Day
4. Chocolate Day
5. Promise Day - I
7. Hug Day
8. Hug Day - II
9. Hug Day -III
10. Kiss Day
11. Valentine's Day

6. Promise Day II

7K 764 43
By anamika_writes

Adya loved the feel of the breeze on her face as she rode. A little ahead of their vehicle was Akshay's bike. Rupaali sat on the back seat. Her body dressed in the thinnest material possible, was pasted to Akshay's back. Dhruv had noticed Adya scrutinize Rupaali for the third time since the past half an hour. 

"Why do you stare at her like that?" He spoke, leaning his head over her shoulder. "She or people might assume you're a lesbian."

"What!" Adya exclaimed horrified, as she slowed the bike momentarily to avoid the dent in the road. 

"I am not." She stated irked.

"Who better than me would know?" She heard him whisper, his voice at his husky best. She was sure his lips were still over her ears with the sensations her skin there felt. 

"Don't flirt," She warned.

"I am not flirting!" His response was amused. Adya turned slightly but before she could, he  placed his hands on her shoulder making her turn in front.

"Woman, focus on the road. Not on the handsome sitting behind you."

Adya adjusted the side mirror and looked at him through it. He had that proud smirk painted on his face. "Earth to you." She mumbled. He rested her hands on her waist now. Her body tensed up in response.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He whispered. He was loving the feel of their closeness. 

Adya chose silence. Her eyes looking around. "It is " she said softly.

He smiled looking around. She smiled understanding what he meant, very well. They both were liking their togetherness. Secretly hearting the moments they spent.

* *  *

The weather was excellent, perhaps slightly cooler than usual. Adya went around taking snaps in her favorite camera. "Akshay, Rupaali turn!" She called and as soon as they did. She snapped. She loved taking candid photographs. There was nothing fake about it.  She turned and found Dhruv turning his head the other way immediately. They had been doing that all the while. Gawking at each other and then turning away when the other saw. 

Adya adjusted the camera lens in his direction and took a side shot as he gazed at the view of the beach seen from the high raised wall's few missing bricks. As they moved around, Adya noticed a narrow pathway leading to the wrecked walls. She steadily made her way down. While the others moved in the regular direction. She stationed herself, then carefully raised her camera taking a shot of the beach. 

Curiosity got the better of her as she saw the isolated broken pillars. She moved that way glancing back to see if the others were still around, no one saw her. She proceeded. Tracing her hand on the stoned walls she went around and decided to trek back up. That's when she missed a rock. "Ouch!" 

"Who asked you to come down here?" He scolded getting to her side. 

"I was just taking a few shots!" she explained frantically jerking her feet. 

"Hurt?" He asked, holding her hand, looking down at her feet.

"Minor."

His dazzling eyes looked up at her. She stared back at him. The tension was becoming unbearable. She stared at his lips like he stared at hers. They both knew, they'd been putting off the urge to kiss. He extended his hand and she took it. With slow steps they began walking back.

"Adya..." He said stopping in track. 

"Hmm" she paused her steps, looking at him. 

The little thread of control snapped. He dragged her aside to stand near the wall. With no words exchanged he leaned and his lips brushed hers. Not innocently, neither like a tease. Like fire. Filled with his raw need, his kiss transformed from the assault of lips to the rule of his tongue. 

Adya wrapped her arms around him, closing her eyes. Her hands making way to the back of his neck. Her fingertips drawing pattern there, while her tongue moved against his. His hands drifted from down from her face to her waist, not breaking contact from her body. 

Struggling to breathe, they snapped out of the kiss. Adya's eyes were still closed. He flapped his eyelashes looking at her. He had never been so terribly turned on with just a kiss. He stared at her, as she took in laboured breaths from her parted lips. A few giggling voices broke his keen attention on her. He turned to see a few young late teenage girls seeing them and giggling. He realised they weren't in the right place to put their desires into action. By now Adya was well aware of her surroundings and situation too. She was taken into a state of no-mind when he had initiated the kiss. There was absolutely nothing she thought while get kissed. She was simply, absolutely, heartily in the act. 

She moved ahead, only to feel his hand hold hers. She glanced back and saw him make his way. His eyes trained on her. Her cheeks were flushed and she looked away. Once up and among the crowd, Adya pulled her hand away from his hold, and pretended as though nothing had happened. After that until they reached the exit, her hands and attention were on her camera, while his was on her. 

Adya didn't know what to understand from whatever was happening or how to deal with it. She had initially thought this trip to be the perfect way of spending time with him and realising in the process that she certainly didn't need him back in her life. But all this trip made her realise was otherwise. Last night what she saw in his eyes, seemed like a reflection of what her heart was filled of– loneliness and longing. 

Dhruv was messed up after that little moment of heated kiss. All he wanted was her – physically, emotionally and permanently. Though his mind told him only one thing, that things were bound to be the way they used to be if they got together. She hadn't changed. She was just the same old her with perhaps a little more..sexy vibes? He shook his head. His mind knew he was craving for that sparks they both created together. But his heart knew, this was it. This trip. If he wanted to attempt at making things change. Then this trip's time was all he had.

"I am riding this time!" He announced as they reached the parking. He was annoyed at how she kept to Akshay's side the entire time. Why was she avoiding him like that? Both of them knew, both of them were on fire with that kiss. It was even more terrible to see her beside another man after that.

"Great!" She smiled at him. With that smile he knew something was going on in that mind of hers. His feeling was confirmed when she walked over to the motorbike. 

"No." He stated.

"Yes." She said seating herself. "Akshay is okay with that, right?" She turned to the grinning man. "Aye Aye Captain!" He laughed. 

"Adya, this ain't funny." He tutted.

"I can handle it, Dhruv. You just wait and watch." She said placing her hands on the handles. He walked over to her. She was stubborn. He knew there was no point in making her understand. He fastened the strap of her helmet. He was angry. But her safety was important. In the process,  his fingertips brushed her skin at the neck. She met his eyes momentarily. He stepped back to grab a helmet when he noticed Akshay sit behind her. 

"Come on. She'll be fine." He said.

"Yeah. Akshay won't let me fall." Adya spoke looking at him straight in the eyes.

Dhruv sat on the seat of the other vehicle. His eyes frequently looking at hers. She was left uncomfortable with his regular glances. He never trusted her. That was the problem. Never understood her. It would be so amazing to ride the bike. She'd feel so happy, but he clearly didn't understand what she wanted. 

"Well, I can't say I won't let you fall. But if you fall,I will surely catch. " Akshay joked.Adya drove her elbow backward into his ribs. 

"Ouch. That hurt!" 

Dhruv's lips twitched into a smirk as he wore his helmet. In the meanwhile Rupaali sat behind him. Adya randomly looked aside and her blood boiled. That woman was sticking to her.... ex-husband... like a leech. How she wished to get her off him. He seemed to have noticed her jealously written face. "You okay ?" He asked the woman sweetly, while his eyes met Adya's.

"Yup." Rupaali replied.

"Hold on, tight, I have a habit of sharp turns," he said teasingly his eyes on Adya. She narrowed her eyes and looked away starting the bike. There was a jerk. Dhruv"s heart sank fleetingly. "Careful!" He muttered.

"Adya easy!" Akshay shouted. Dhruv held his laugh back. Akshay was in for an adventurous ride. He didn't know how confused a driver or how inexperienced a rider Adya was. As they rode away, Dhruv kept close behind her vehicle or in parallel. 

* * *

They stopped at an old, small but very popular resturant of the place. Adya wanted to avoid sitting beside him, but when Akshay settled beside Rupaali she had no option but to sit right next to him. 

Being around him made her feel restless. She was scared she wanted to be more closer to him– physically. The only way was avoid him altogether. 

The conversation revolved around food as they ate the local specialty. Soon the topic of cooking came up.

"I love cooking chicken. Fish and prawns just not my thing!" Dhruv spoke, tastefully eating the fish fingers. 

"You cook?" Rupaali asked surprised.

"Yup!" Dhruv gave her a dazzling sexy smile. Perhaps it was just in her mind that the smile was sexy. 

"Oh I hate cooking!" Rupaali spoke while Adya tried to take her mind off the man beside her

"Same!" Akshay chipped in.

"What about you Adya?" Rupaali asked.

"Oh you don't know. Adya and cooking equals cats fighting mice," Dhruv spoke with newfound amusement.

"Very funny!" Adya rolled her eyes.

"Oh you know, once, Adya was trying flipping, using the pan, the omelet reached the kitchen's roof. And I am no way exaggerating!"

The other two laughed and Adya giggled along embarrassed. 

But soon her giggles and laughs were all fake. He went on telling the other two about her kitchen blunders and everyone enjoyed. No one saw that even if she laughed, it hurt inside. The worst of it all was he was making that stupid commentary and he wasn't able to understand that it pricked her bad.

* * *

"So how was the ride?" Adya asked taking the helmet off.

"Remind me of this time, if I ever sit behind you on a two wheeler again." Akshay said holding his back and stretching. Adya smiled goofily.

Dhruv laughed as he removed his helmet. Adya applied way to many unnecessary brakes. Everytime she felt she was losing control of the vehicle she suddenly dropped the speed. Stupid woman. 

Rupaali laughed as well. "Well, I must say otherwise about Dhruv!" She looked at him. "You're an excellent rider," Dhruv smiled smugly. 

"Guess Adya would agree with that?" She shot Adya a suggestive glance. 

"Sure she would!" Dhruv winked at Adya who fumed inside but kept her smile. Rupaali's interest in her ...ex husband riled her up. She was too pissed to even respond to his wink. "See you all later. "

"Yes, guys, an hour and then we meet again. The cruise it is!" Dhruv said, getting off the bike.

"I can't wait!" Rupaali remarked excited. 

Adya's irritation only grew. "Akshay why don't you join us? It's just one day up and down!" She turned to the other man.

It was Dhruv's turn to look on annoyed. He knew why she was doing it. To rile him up. To make him jealous. Too childish! 

"Why not! I'd love it. See you all in an hour then!" Akshay and Rupaali took to their respective rooms.

In silence, Adya and Dhruv walked to their room. Dhruv noted that Adya was lost in her thoughts. She had this weird habit of zoning out. "Earth to you!" He said as he pushed open the door of their room. She looked at him. She was incensed at him. She walked in and hurriedly got her shoes off, placed her camera on the study desk and her loop earrings followed. 

"Adya! Shoes. They'll dirty the carpet. Put them on that rack, how much time does that take?" He said bothered by her old habits. 

"Dhruv, please. I am anyway wearing it again. And that's not on the carpet. It's just near it."

"I don't understand why do you have to always argue?" His voice was annoyed.

Adya gave him a tight gaze. "I don't understand why do you always have to prod? It's just a pair of shoes!" She tried keeping her voice low, but the frustration just seeped into it making it loud.

"That's because you..."

"Quit this." she asserted, throwing her scarf on the bed. Without waiting to listen she walked into the washroom. Why did she have to love him? She wished she had never fallen for him. How did she even in the first place?

Once she had walked in she let the tears that had been pricking her eyes for so long flow. She turned on the tap and washed her face. He knew she hated it. She hated it when he criticized her. But he still did it. Made her a laughing stock. Why was he so insensitive at times? There was a limit to the jokes. Tiding her look she walked out.

Once she disappeared into the washroom he picked up her shoes and put it on the rack. Next he neatly arranged her camera on one corner of the desk. Picking up her scarf he hung it on the hook. How would being a little organized harm her? But she would always be stubborn. He sat on the bed covering his face in his palms. Why was it so hard? Was he ready for all of it again? He had two options – to change things or let them remain! He wanted the former. He wanted her back. After seeing her again after so many months, there was just one realisation he had. She was the necessity to fill the void that had been created when she left. Only she could fill it. 

Adya stepped out to find him lounging on the bed. "You okay?" She asked, a natural instinct. 

"Yeah, just tired with morning swim and trek." He said softly looking at her moving figure. Why was she taking clothes inside to the washroom again?

She stepped out again this time dressed in jeans and a casual T-shirt. He blinked looking at her wearing her shoes. "Where you going?" He asked.

She tried to calm herself before she spoke. "Just a little local traveling. I will be back in time!" Saying that she shut the door behind. He sighed. Was she lying? Why did he feel so? Perhaps he was too biased in his assumptions.

* * *

Dhruv was surprised that Adya came back in time. So unlike her. But she looked irritated. What was up with her? Did the kiss bother her?

Once on board the cruise, she disappeared. Dhruv stood against the railing looking at the wide stretch of blue water. The breeze was cool. He wondered where she was. He saw Rupaali and Akshay giggling and having a light conversation. For a weird reason, he felt there was a scene going on between them. He wasn't dumb to not notice the way they looked at each other.

"Hi!" Adya said softly standing beside him. 

Hearing her voice he turned in her direction. "Hi." He said quietly like he didn't want to talk. 

He walked away. "Will be back. We have a meeting with the Chaddas." he said without turning. 

"Hmm.." She said not turning back. She leaned over the railing thoughtfully. 

* * *

It was dinner time soon. A special dinner had been set up by his mother. There were a lot of guest over. Mostly couples. The Valentine fever was in he air. Dhruv's eyes waited only for one person. When she walked in dressed in a pretty dark pine green dress. The dress was sleeveless revealing her sun kissed arms. Stopping right at her knees the dress hugged her curves well. Her wild jet black curls were left free. She walked like she owned the freaking world. A sense of pride got over him.

Her almond shaped eyes turned in his direction as she walked over. He leaned forward on the table. His hand slightly shifting the empty chair beside him. As though giving her a cue to sit there. She smiled looking around and then turned back to see his eyes check her out. Oh, how well her plan was working. She wanted him to have his gaze fixed just on her. The nicely fitting dress hugged her body well flaunting her curves, which he knew well.

Dhruv knew he was in for a hard night. If only it was a romantic candle night dinner with just them. It would be so beautiful. Forgotten was the irritation and frustration. 

She sat on the chair greeting the Chaddas and his mother. Finally, her gaze through her beaitiful eyelashes fixing on him. Soon Akshay joined and greeted Adya with a "Hi, gorgeous" and Rupaali with "Hey Beautiful". Adya smiled. Getting attention of that kind from men obviously made her blush. But her blush turned deeper when Dhruv shifted his chair closer to hers to give Akshay space. His hand resting on the back rest of her chair, in the process touching her back. 

Dhruv smiled placing a glass in front of her. She looked at him suspiciously. "It's just breezer," He whispered leaning closer to her than necessary. Adya took in a hitched breath in response. She nodded in a negative making a face. He sipped from the glass and placed it again in front of her. Looking at others busily talking. He leaned closer, this time his lips brushing her hair. "You'll like it!"

Adya wasn't liking this feeling a bit. Not because she didn't appreciate it, but because of made her feel butterflies in her stomach and she never wanted all of this to fade away. Luckily for her Rupaali's dad got talking with him. She shifted her chair away from his more closer to Rupaali's. He obviously made note. 

The appetizers were delicious. What followed the appetizers was a small dance program. Couples were asked to assemble. Dhruv wasn't going to miss the opportunity. He forwarded his hand to Adya. She looked uncomfortable. He got up from his chair and she had no other option which wouldn't be embarrassing. 

As soon as she placed her hand in his, he walked her over to the stage. His hand snaking around her waist. The rigid tensile force was back. Rupaali and Akshay came together. Adya was surprised to see them. 

"Seems like something is brewing between them." He whispered into her ears inhaling her scent. 

She looked back at him. "You've turned a psychoanalytic?"

He chuckled. Pulling her closer. "Dhruv?" She whispered nervously. 

"Don't worry I don't get drunk with a breezer!"

"Tell me your mother is watching us." She smiled awkwardly. His proximity was extremely affecting her. His perfume hitting his nostrils, made her want to kiss his neck. 

"No, she's not." He whispered huskily, looking squarely into her eyes.

She raised her gaze catching him staring at her lips. Adya turned sideways. His desires spoke through her eyes. Soon they were interrupted by the host. 

"It's promise day today, this is the part where each on of you makes a promise to the other," the music soon turned soft.

Dhruv looked back into her eyes. "What do you want me to promise?"

"Nothing!" She replied. He rolled her away pulling her back, closer this time. Her back was against his chest. He took his lips close to her ears, "Come on, we've celebrated all the days so far. Don't back out now. Unless..."

Adya had now turned to face him. She leaned closer, placing her hand on his shoulder. With every passing minute, her resistance to him was falling.  "Promise me, you'll.... Give me hugs tomorrow for Hug Day!"

He looked amused. "Hugs?" He held her hand taking it to his waist. Placing his own hands on her waist, such that they were almost hugging. "You mean like this...hugs?"

She chuckled softly. "No...like chocolate hugs?"

He smiled broadly. "God how much do you love chocolates. How I wish I was made of chocolate!"

She stared at him. Her cheeks steadily turning scarlet with what he said. "Your turn.." She said maneuvering the conversation before he got an idea of her scandalous thinking.

He gazed at her fondly. Like her words didn't matter. He wanted her so bad. He wanted to make love to her. Wildly, passionately, until the crack of dawn. He pulled her by her waist suddenly causing her entire body to press against his. Siding her hair with his fingers. His lips inched closer to her ears. Thank God for the dim lighting and her voluminous hair no one would even have the idea of what was happening between them. "Promise me, if you want me tonight you'll come to me!" 

Adya was astounded. She stared at him. Her cheeks heated and so her body. She swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat. "Are you scared to promise Adya?"

"Dhruv, I guess we should..."

"Don't back out." He said meeting her eyes challengingly.

Adya leaned closer. Closing her eyes she said what he wanted to hear. "Promise." She stepped back, "I will be back." She walked away towards the washroom. Dhruv smirked. Then turned to walk out and take in some cool breeze. She had set him up on fire. There was no way he would leave her, without melting her in his flames tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 527 19
Their first collision became the cause of their immense HATE towards each other. But something was there buried deep within their HEART, which led to...
221K 11.3K 56
Plot twist : Your crush loves you back!πŸ’˜ Join Spruha and Varad in their love journeyπŸ§‘πŸ’™ π—šπ—Ήπ—Άπ—Ίπ—½π˜€π—² ~ "Varradd!! We're so close!" She said stutt...
3.6K 219 17
____________________ "The day I Advait Raichand laid his eyes on you , from that moment you were mine Myra Malhotra ." those words sended shiver casc...
345K 14.6K 41
"I will accept your resignation but under one condition," said Vikram Singhal, playing with the paperweight akin to the manner he was playing with th...