Falling For Thy Enemy

By alwaysren

#8 in TeenFiction (19.12.25) When two people who can't get along are supposed to act civil while living toget... More

The Character Chart
Falling For Thy Enemy
Author's Notes
Cast
1 : Lucked Out
2 : Happy Family
3 : Trips Abroad and Nasty Truce
4 : Project Partners
5 : The Family Drama
6 : Deal Breaker
7 : Ruled Out
9 : I Just Love Fucking Annoying You
10 : Naked Girl and Vague Details
11 : Didn't Know Carl Could Be Romantic
12 : It's Mufasa and Simba Guys
13 : That's For Beautiful Girls and You're Neither
14 : He Was Still Satan
15 : I promise, I won't tell
16 : Brownies and Vanilla Ice-Cream
17 : It's a dare!
18 : Forty Year Old's Aren't Awesome
19 : Blackmail Buddies
20 : Satan is always Satan
21 : I'll Bribe Them If You Let Me Live
22 : Twinning
23 : Romantic Genes
24 : Blush
25 : Midnight Dreams
26 : My Place, Midnight, You In?
27 : Damn you, Clara Emery James
Extra Chapter 01
Extra Chapter 1.1
28 : Uh oh
29 : Progressive Scheming
30 : If Humans Don't Like Being Ignored Then Why Would Feelings?
31 : Who Did You Kill?
32 : Harry Potter's Weird Wizarding World
33 : We Are The Dancers
34 : Crush Confessions
35 : New Girl
36 : Surprise Guest
37 : Welcome Back

8 : Say 'Hi' to Satan

1.8K 100 26
By alwaysren

As soon as I enter my room, I collapse on the bed and close my eyes. It feels like Heaven, the soft comfy mattress and it's refreshing smell too. 

The day has been normal so far and by normal I mean those regular normal bickering with Stefan, teaming up with Hannah to tease Keith, sleeping throughout Calculus and Track practice being cancelled again. Normal.

"Emery." I hear the Satan calling out for me in a sugary sweet voice. Now, that ain't normal.

"What's it, Stefan?" I groan, not lifting my head up to spare him a glance.

I hear his feet come closer and then my bed dips, my arms brushing against his skin. He's freaking lying on my bed?!  I lift my head slowly to see he really is sprawled in a weird shape, looking at the ceiling.

I groan, yet again. "Did you forget the way to your room? I'll be the good person and remind you : it's right across. Now get the hell up and leave my room."

He looked at me and scoffed before looking back at the ceiling. "Try again, sweetheart." 

I sneered at the endearment. "Since when are we buddy buddy that you can enter my room anytime, not to forget, without knocking and spend some solace time together?" I ask sitting up, my hair flowing in every direction it shouldn't but like I give a fuck. He looks at me and stifles a smile which angers me even more but I don't bother to fix it. It's Stefan, after all, I don't have to impress him. 

"You wish we were buddies, Em. And as for why I am here : oh, there he is." He says and looks towards the door and I see Colton entering the room with his bag. 

"Hey Little C." He greets me. 

"Hey Colt. Mind telling me what's going on? We having a party in my room?" I ask. Colton jumps on my bed too, in my previous position almost making me tumble. 

"We are having a party, babe, and you're not invited." Stefan says with a smug smile, turning on his side and resting his head on his elbow.

I look at Colton who rolls his eyes. "We're working on that Physics project up here, C." He tells me.

I raise a brow and cross my arms. "And why couldn't it be done in your or his room?" I ask pointing towards Satan sprawled on my bed. 

"C'mon, don't be a party pooper, Em. Go make us some sandwiches and hot chocolate you're special at." Stefan orders me and my mouth hangs open. 

"Who are you to order me around, asshat?" I screech.

"Please, C. Jade's sleeping in my room and Chase wouldn't work in his room. I have no intentions on arguing over that so here we are. Now be a good sister and go make me something. I'm starving." 

"And why can't you go to Carl or Casey's?" I ask, not making any move to let them use my room.

Stefan rolls his eyes. "I'm not interested in Barbies and your brother here is not interested in Bikini Models so I guess you're the only one left." 

"And what about Stella, Samantha or even Seth?" I ask.

"God, I didn't know I would have to answer so many questions just to work on a project. Listen here, Clara, I'm here just to work and work with your brother. I'm not going to steal your girly stuff so please, just go bring us some food." He groans.

For a moment I'm speechless because I couldn't fathom any proper answer to that. He's right anyway. Why am I making fuss on something so trivial. So I nod. "Okay, calm your tits. And i don't even know why you think I'll make you food but nice try." With that, I leave the room and skip to the kitchen downstairs.

As I'm making the sandwiches, I realize that I'm famished too and maybe Carl and Casey would be too, so I make some for them too. While I'm working, Stella enters the kitchen.

"Hey there." She smiles and greets me. That's the thing about Stella King. She's nice to everybody, doesn't matter if that everybody includes kids of the family you're supposed to hate. Every time I've been around her, she has always smiled at me, waved or greeted me. It's practically impossible to not smile back at the girl or like her.

"Hi." I say and smile sheepishly at her. 

"What are you making?" She asks as she pours herself some orange juice from the fridge. 

"Sandwiches and hot chocolate. Colton and Stefan are working on a project in my room and practically ordered me to make some for them. I'm hungry and supposedly, Carl and Casey are too so I thought why not make it for all of them too." I say without looking at her as I slice tomatoes.

She doesn't say anything so I frown and turn to look at her. She looks sheepishly at me as if she wants to say something. "What's it?" I ask.

"Um...." She trails off not making an eye contact with me.

"You can say, Stella. I won't bite you." I joke to which she chuckles. 

"Um, actually, I was hungry too so I was thinking maybe...." She trails off again.

I understand what she's hinting at and nod. "Oh."

"Yeah." She fidgets her fingers and glances at me awkwardly. "It's nothing. Don't mind it. I';; just order pizza. I can't cook or I'll have fixed something for myself." She waves it off and makes a step to exit the kitchen.

"No, it's cool. I don't mind. I'm making for Stefan and my siblings already so why not three more plates?" I smile at her. Why not help out someone who's always nice to me when I'm giving off my special food to Satan Stefan.

Stella smiles widely at me. "Really? That's great, thank you. I'm not really a pizza fan." She admits.

I laugh at her. "That's fine. But I think I'll need a little help here." 

She nods. "Of course." She does what I instruct her to and then I myself make eight cups of hot chocolate. In next twenty minutes, we are done with everything.

"I'll bring it to Seth and Casey first then I'll help you take it upstairs." I say as I plate two sandwiches and two mugs of hot chocolate on a tray and make way towards Casey and Seth's room.

Casey is chatting on her phone with Fiona about some party this Friday when I knock. She smiles at me and her smiles widens when she sees food. "Thank You." She mouths and I smile. I place her plate and mug on the bed side table and walk out towards Seth's room.  

I knock on his door but there's no response. His door is slightly open and I see him playing X-box with headphones on. I shake my head as I enter his room and place the plate and mug on the table in front of him. He glances at me and his shock is written on his face making me laugh. he takes out his head phones and glances at me, then the food and then back at me.

"I was making it for almost everyone so I made some for you too." I explain and shrug and he nods, his mouth still hung open.

He then clears his throat and coughs awkwardly. "Ah, well, thank you." 

"You're welcome." I smile at him. "Enjoy, Seth." I say and ruffle his hair and walk out towards the kitchen. He's too in shock to react.

When I reach the kitchen, Stella. has already put every plate on two trays. She smiles at me. "Let's get the boys their food." She says and picks up one tray while I pick another. Together, we walk upstairs.

"I'll hand one to Carl and then give the rest to Colt and Stefan." I say.

"I'll give it to Sam and then find you." She says and walks towards Samantha's room.

"Sure." I say and walk towards Carl's. 

"Hey, Big C." I say as I barge into his room. 

"Hey sunshine." He smiles not looking up from his phone where he no doubt is chatting with Tanya. He knows it's me and he knows that I've brought food.

I roll my eyes at him. "Here." I give him his share. "See you later." I say and he gives me wave before I walk out towards my room.

"Say 'Hi' to Satan, dear sandwich." I say as I enter my room without knocking. Stella is already there and Stefan is gulping down the sandwich like a dog while Colton's is untouched. "Of course." I mutter.

"I didn't think you'd really make it for me." Stefan says while eating. I scrunch my nose.

"It's not the first time and you're already in love with my cooking skills. I'm flattered." I retort while handing Stella one plate and picking one for me. 

"He has eaten your sandwiches before?" Stella asks.

"Yep. Eaten and loved." Colton says without looking up from his sheets. One would think he was in another world but he was paying attention to every word.

"Wow. I could never imagine Chase loving anything about Clara, even is she's best at it." Stella voices her thoughts.

"The credit goes to me." Colton winks at me and goes back on working. I glance at Stefan to find his eyes downcast and jaws flexed. I don't want a fight right now.

"Um, I'll let you guys work. I'll be down watching tv if you guys need me." I say and dash out of the room, afraid that Stefan might blow up. I've had a first hand experience of his boiling anger and it's not good. Although I know he would not hurt me but his words are just as hurtful and from what I know, it'll be directed at Stella or Colton.

I skip downstairs and plop on the couch, turning on the tv. I switch on the channels finally resting on a rerun of Friends. Damn, I love Phoebe Buffay. I don't know for how long I watch the damn tv but soon, I'm dozing off. 

"Hey." Colton says coming from behind me. 

"Hey. Are you guys done?" I ask, stifling a yawn.

"For today." He tells me and stretches his body. "I'm tired." He then gets up and leaves for him room, I suppose. Not even one minute later, he peeks his head back into the living room. "Oh, and Chase fell asleep on your bed while working. Wake him up. Or not. It's up to you." He then disappears.

I groan and throw my head back on the couch. Then, feeling tired, I switch off the tv and get up to go to my room and send that asshole back to his room so I can sleep. 

When I enter my room, it's dark in there. I check the time on my phone. It's twenty minutes to seven and Josie would be here in around forty five minutes seeing that she leaves her work at seven sharp.

I tip toe towards my bed where Stefan is sleeping on his stomach. His face is turned towards the bay window and the street light is casting a glow on his face. He looks so much more better while sleeping, almost innocent. Only if I didn't know what the asshole he was, I would definitely say he looks gorgeous. 

Suddenly, I wake up my mind. He looks peaceful while sleeping and being the good person that I am, I decide not to wake up. I pull the covers over him and leave the room. As I am tired, I enter Stefan's room. If he ca sleep on my bed then I might as well use his. 

His room is peaceful and calm, I don't know why he was making such a fuss about it but I don't ponder on useless things. I jump into the covers and allow the sleep to overcome me. 

x x x 

Woah, what an amazing chapter. I'm more excited for the next one. Oh, and did you notice that the Kings and the James' talked without ripping each other's hair off for the first time? I did, just now!

Guess what's coming up?

Stefan : Me annoying Emery more? 

Me : *rolls eyes* No, Chase. Would it kill you to be good to her for once? 

Stefan : *shrugs*  you make me do what i do. 

Me : *smiles sheepishly* Oh well.

See you next week (probably). Vote and Comment, please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 9.4K 66
Victoria Aspen's life just turned inside out. She has been forced to move into the house she used to spend every summer in. It's been so long since...
153K 4K 35
"So here I am, bawling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like...
247 46 14
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...
198K 5.5K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...