Denial, Drama And A Destinati...

Par blackwidow2210

Meera's first impression of Arjun is: arrogant NRI jerk. But when their families are invited to a lavish dest... Plus

1. FIRST MEETING
2. MARINE DRIVE
3. CHANGE OF OPINION?
4. THE IMPROMPTU PARTY
5. POTENTIAL?
6. WE ARE GOING FOR A WEDDING
7. I LIKE ME BETTER
8. THE LASER TAG WAR
9. PHONE CALLS
10. AIRPORT
11. ASSERTIVENESS TRAINING
13. THE SIGHTSEEING TOUR
14. GLITZ
15. TOWARDS DEHRADUN
16. PADMINI PALACE
17. TOO MUCH TO PROCESS
18. CONFUSING FEELINGS
19. THE PARTY

12. WELCOME TO THE CAPITAL

57 3 1
Par blackwidow2210

"Okay team. We have two cars. The majority of the luggage and people will go in the Scorpio and the remaining will sit in the Honda City", Meera's Dad began his instructions as they came out of the airport.

All the drivers were holding up names of the passengers they had to pick up. After some searching, the group found the two cars which would take them to the hotel.

"Sir ji. You don't worry at all. Let me take your bags please!" One of the drivers spoke excitedly to Meera's Dad. He insisted on carrying some of their luggage to the car. He then loaded most of the suitcases in his car and told the other driver to load up the rest.

"I call shotgun. For the Scorpio" said Arjun, quickly.

All the kids and Arjun's Dad got into the Scorpio and Meera's parents sat with Arjun's Mom in the other car.

"Since you called shotgun, I get to pick the songs for the ride" said Meera and asked the driver to pass the aux cord.

"I didn't agree to this!" Arjun retaliated and snatched the aux cord from Meera's hand.

"Uncle. Look at how your son is behaving with me! Not at all chivalrous" complained Meera to Arjun's Dad.

"Arjun, I am on Meera's side in this. She did say it first after all. Give it to her! Meera, play some good Bollywood numbers. I'm dying to hear those. Arjun only listens to English ones which I don't like!" Arjun's Dad answered.

Meera gave a smug look to Arjun who mouthed 'Loser' back to her.

"Yeah! Give the cord back to Meera. Let's Bollywood this bitch!" said Tara. Since she had heard that they were going for an Indian destination wedding, she wanted to know as many Bollywood songs as possible.

Meera with suggestions from Arya played songs from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Kal Ho Na Ho, Dil Chahta Hai, etc.

Meera heard Arjun asking the driver, "How much longer will it take to reach?", while Meera and Arya were singing 'Yeh Ladka Haaye Allah' with utmost joy.

The driver told him that it would be an hour at least based on Delhi traffic. He seemed to like the choice of songs. Meera had noticed him nodding his head on many of them. Arjun's Dad was singing along to a few as well.

Meera knew Arjun would be skeptical of all the Karan Johar movie songs, but as soon as she started playing Dil Chahta Hai and Rock on songs, he seemed to groove along. Hahaha. He likes Bollywood now. I'm proud of myself.

They reached the hotel in about an hour and checked into their rooms. Meera and Arya got a connecting room with Tara and Arjun, at Arya's insistence.

The room had a very comfy looking bed, a big TV, a coffee maker and mini fridge. Since it was on the 10th floor, the view was great. The capital of India looked beautiful at night. Meera was most thrilled to find out that there was a bathtub. After dinner, I will take a bubble bath.

The group had a buffet dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Since there was no food on the plane, everyone's plate was extra full. It was a sumptuous meal, indeed. They didn't speak much during the meal due to the extreme concentration on their food.

After the meal, everyone went up in the lift, groaning about how full they were.

"I don't think I can walk till the room. Please give me a hand here, Arya!" Tara said.

"I don't want to eat like this everyday, Tara. I won't fit into my lehengas!" Arya replied.

Arjun was talking to someone on the phone is a very hushed tones, so Meera avoided starting a conversation and went inside her room. Arya looked like she would pass out without even changing her clothes.

"Arya! Do me a favour and at least change into pyjamas before sleeping" the older sister in Meera spoke.

Arya reluctantly obeyed and changed clothes. Meera drew a bath for herself and took out her pyjamas from her suitcases. She made a playlist of soothing songs for the bath. By the time, she was entering the bathroom, Arya was snoring.

Meera got into the tub and felt all her stress just melt away. We should totally buy a tub. But then I don't think I would ever leave it. So, better that we don't have it.

Meera thought about the events of the day and smiled. This Arjun arrival has been so sudden and I am already so used to his presence. How can this even happen? Even now, I am sitting here wondering who he was talking to on the phone? Is it his ex? I feel like asking him now. But that's too nosy. Uh. There I go. Overthinking as usual. Just relax, Meera. Enjoy the bath.

She closed her eyes and sat there for about ten more minutes. After wiping herself with a towel and changing, she plopped on the bed and checked Instagram.

She had put a few stories of the group sitting at the airport, a view from the plane, their car journey and then their dinner. Arjun had posted many stories which she hadn't checked. I don't think I have ever waited this long to check my Insta stories. Ever.

He had posted a picture of the airport. The next one was a picture of Meera looking out of the plane window with the caption, 'She is so mad at me right me'. Meera chuckled. The next one was a picture of Meera eating fries with the caption, 'I wore her down eventually'. He hadn't tagged her in the stories, surprisingly. So she texted him on the story.

Meera: Hey. Why didn't you tag me on these stories?

He was online so he replied instantly. I have so much respect for guys who reply fast.

Arjun: I just didn't want you to notice them and be mad again.

Meera: Arjun! I don't get angry so easily. Please! You're making me sound so irritable.

Arjun: And you're NOT frustrated with me while typing this right now? LOL. Did you just take a bath or something?

Meera: Yup. So relaxing. You should do the same. It may even help with your insomnia. You never know!

Arjun: Hmm. Interesting advice. I'll try anything at this point.

Meera: I think I'm going to sleep. My Dad has a huge sightseeing day planned for us tomorrow. We'll definitely burn off everything that we ate tonight. So silver linings, after all.

Arjun: You're lucky that you feel sleepy. Anyway. You sleep! I'll try out your bath idea.

Meera: Okay! Goodnight DQ!

Arjun: Uhh. Wait Meera. I have an idea for tomorrow night.

Meera: What is it? I think we'll reach the hotel at about 6 tomorrow after sightseeing the whole day. So I hope whatever you are planning is after that!

Arjun: Oh yeah it is. I'm not inviting any other people. See. I wanted to check out the night life of Delhi. So we can go to some club tomorrow after sightseeing. What do you say?

He wants to only go with me to a club! Hmm. What does Arjun have on his mind exactly? I have nothing to lose. At least we'll be able to spend some alone time together sans our parents.

Meera: Sure. That would be awesome. My only concern is the safety. Because Delhi is not safe at night for women, especially. It's just a fact.

Arjun: I know. I have that under control. I will ask the hotel to send a car with a driver. He will drop us to the club and take us back to the hotel too. And I won't leave your side. So don't worry about safety!

Meera: In that case, I'm in. Cannot wait for tomorrow night!

Arjun: Thanks for saying yes to the plan. I'll convince your parents if they have a problem! Goodnight Meera!

Meera: Night Arjun!

She tapped her phone shut. Meera's brain was already thinking about what dress to wear. Mental note: Text Tanya about these new developments tomorrow morning!

*************************************

"Get up, sleepyhead! Dad is already going downstairs for breakfast. He will kill you if you don't get up now. GET UP!!" shouted Arya.

Meera slowly opened her eyes and saw a blurry but fully ready-to-go Arya. She stretched and yawned. While she was rubbing her eyes, she heard someone else walk into the room.

"You slept well it seems. I'm so jealous. I just got three hours!" said Arjun, sipping coffee.

Meera was so flustered by his sudden entry. Oh God. This sucks. My hair must surely be a mess. My face is so oily in the morning. Ugh. Why did he come in right now?!

"Morning to you too, Arjun. Please go eat breakfast with the others now. I have to get changed quickly. Dad will be furious if I ruin his schedule. Also, he won't let us go to the club at night!" she said and jumped off the bed.

"Now that you mention the club, I will leave you alone for now. Come quickly. And be on your best behaviour with your Dad! So you can guilt him into letting you come" he replied, keeping his mug down. Meera just gave him a thumbs up and shut the bathroom door.

Arjun shouted before leaving, "Listen. Don't screw up okay, Meera? If you don't come, I won't be able to go. So. Don't disappoint me, kiddo. I'm counting on you". With that, he shut the door behind him.

Meera could not believe she had overslept. She took a quick shower, brushed her teeth, combed her long black hair. She picked a cute black top with jeans, applied eye liner and a hint of lipstick.

She quickly scanned the room before leaving to ensure that she hadn't forgotten anything. She carried a small bag for her essentials and got into the elevator.

She sent a concise voice note to Tanya describing the events of the previous day. Finally, she reached the restaurant. The spread was amazing.

Meera decided to have coffee, some baked beans and toast and couple of hash browns. I have to eat quickly to compensate for coming late now. I'll just eat the chocolate muffins though. Can't leave without tasting them. It would be rude to the muffins.

The group finished their breakfast as Meera's Dad narrated the schedule. Everyone was quite excited to sightsee. The cars would be the same and Arjun had called eternal shotgun (if that is even allowed), which pissed Meera off to no end.

Arjun's Dad was sitting in the other car. That made the Scorpio a 'no parents' car. Everybody was super happy about this happening. Arya played songs in the car this time and everyone was singing along. Now I'm feeling it. Major vacation vibes.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

759K 35.7K 43
"Mom!" I whined. "Stop crying like a little girl" my mother snapped. "I can't marry a guy I barely know" I followed her to the kitchen like a lost pu...
722K 28.8K 57
"I love you!" he said "Shut up!." I barked , he didn't flinch though. "I really do." he looks defeated yet confident about his intentions. "Shut up...
11.2K 679 42
Studies, done! Career, set! Now the next big thing in Meera's life is Marriage. And she has decided what type of groom she wants. Cute? Caring? Lo...
18.4K 2.4K 38
★She was full of life. He was cold and distant. ★She was a walking chaos. He likes his life quiet and composed without a damn mistake. Chaos inter...