Melody 5 - Rising Stars

By NeylaNeil

Five girls with one dream - get into a hot new girl group, storm the charts and revel in pop stardom! Can f... More

Melody 5 - Rising Stars
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (i) - Jadine
2 (ii) - Katya
2 (iii) - Amy
2 (iv) - Rhian
2 (v) - Molly
Chapter 3 (i) - Rhian
3 (ii) - Amy
3 (iii) - Molly
3 (iv) - Jadine
3 (v) - Kat
Chapter 4 (i) - Amy
4 (ii) - Molly
4 (iii) - Kat
4 (v) - Rhian
Chapter 5 - (i) Molly
5 (ii) - Amy
5 (iii) - Kat
5 (iv) - Rhian
5 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 6 - (i) Amy
6 (ii) - Molly
6 (iii) - Jadine
6 (iv) - Rhian
6 (v) - Kat
Chapter 7 (i) - Molly
7 (ii) - Rhian
7 (iii) - Amy
7 (iv) - Kat
7 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 8 - (i) Amy
8 (ii) - Jadine
8 (iii) - Kat
8 (iv) - Molly
8 (v) - Rhian
Chapter 9 (i) - Kat
9 (ii) - Jadine
9 (iii) - Molly
9 (iv) - Rhian
9 (v) - Amy
Chapter 10 (i) - Rhian
10 (ii) - Amy
10 (iii) - Molly
10 (iv) - Kat
10 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 11 (i) - Rhian
11 (ii) - Jadine
11 (iii) - Amy
11 (iv) - Molly
11 (v) - Kat
Chapter 12 (i) - Amy
12 (ii) - Molly
12 (iii) - Rhian
12 (iv) - Jadine
12 (v) - Kat
Chapter 13 (i) - Kat
13 (ii) - Rhian
13 (iii) - Amy
13 (iv) - Molly
13 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 14 (i) - Rhian
14 (ii) - Kat
14 (iii) - Jadine
14 (iv) - Molly
14 (v) - Amy
Chapter 15

4 (iv) - Jadine

50 1 0
By NeylaNeil

Jadine

“This is bullshit,” said Jadine.  “Not only has she got her own room, but now she’s telling us what we can and can’t do in the rest of the house!”

“I think Olivia’s used to living on her own, that’s all,” said Molly.

“I’m not surprised,” said Amy.  “No one is their right mind would want to live with her.”

“I think I need lie down,” said Rhian.

Jadine finally cracked a smile.  Those three glasses of champagne Rhian had necked at lunchtime were clearly taking their toll on her.

“I’ll help you upstairs,” said Molly.  “We can go and find our room.”

As Molly guided Rhian up the stairs, Jadine looked over at Amy.  “Guess that means we’re sharing then?”

“Fine by me,” replied Amy.  “As long as I’m not with Miss Fancy-Pants, I don’t care.”

Jadine smiled.  “I can’t believe Olivia told us that we can’t make any noise before 9am!  She wouldn’t last long at my mum’s that’s for sure.”

“Do you fancy a cuppa?” asked Amy.

“Sure,” said Jadine.

As Amy headed into the kitchen, Jadine plonked herself on the sofa in the lounge of her new home.  A three-bedroom house in Muswell Hill.  Jadine hadn’t been to this part of London very often – it had always struck her as a bit dull and middle-class, but Sherri had obviously picked it for that very reason.  She probably wanted the girls to stay out of trouble.

Jadine couldn’t complain.  From the rooms she’d seen so far, it was spacious, had all the mod-cons and it even had a downstairs loo and shower – which with five girls all living together was probably a necessity.  The only downside so far was Olivia – she seemed to have a pole stuck so far up her arse, Jadine was surprised she could sit down.  Why had Sherri chosen her to be in band?

The other girls seemed nice though.  Molly was a total sweetheart – kind and considerate, although Jadine sensed there was something preying on her mind.  Rhian was young and scatty, but Jadine could tell there wasn’t a mean bone in her body.  Amy was a force to be reckoned with – but in a good way; she was clearly very focused and ambitious, and Jadine sensed they might clash from time to time, but nonetheless, Jadine liked her.  And then there was Olivia – who’d headed straight to her room.  So much for bonding with the group.

“Do you take sugar?” hollered Amy from the kitchen.

“No, thanks,” yelled back Jadine.

As she sank back into the sofa, Jadine took a moment to scan the lounge.  It had a very minimalist and functional feel, which Jadine liked and for the first time in ages, she felt as though she had room to breathe.  It was a world away from the cluttered chaos of her mum’s council flat.  She could just imagine it now – Bobby and Theo screaming the place down; her mum being run-ragged; and Alesha probably sprawled on the sofa oblivious to the mess around her.

Jadine had worried about telling her mum that she was leaving – she knew her mum relied on her to help out with twins and do the housework, but her mum had surprised her, saying it was the best news she’d had all year!  She wanted Jadine to get out into the world and follow her dreams while she was still young enough to achieve them.  She also said it might be the kick up the backside that she and Alesha needed as they’d have to stop relying on Jadine all the time.  Jadine didn’t know how her mum was going to cope without her, but she promised that still she’d try and help out as much as she could.

What had also surprised her was Lyric’s reaction to her news.  She thought he’d scoff at the fact she was joining a girl group but she figured he’d replace her quickly enough, probably with a singer who didn’t mind getting her kit off on stage and wrapping herself around him.  But actually he’d seemed genuinely disappointed she was leaving.

“But what about us?” he said.

“Us?  Lyric, you’ve made it pretty clear that you’re the talent in this set-up and am just a backing singer,” smiled Jadine.  “Besides, you’ll be able to find someone else easily enough.”

“I didn’t mean that,” said Lyric.

“What did you mean then?” asked Jadine.

“You know,” he said awkwardly.  “We’re mates and we’re always there for each other.”

“So?  We can still be mates,” said Jadine, hoping this wasn’t heading where she thought it was.

“But I thought…” Lyric trailed off, for once losing his tough-guy swagger, and reminding Jadine of the young lad she’d known since primary school, even though he was two years older than her.

Jadine wanted to ask him to carry on, but was afraid of what he might say.  She couldn’t handle another ‘deep and meaningful’ about their relationship.

As if sensing her reluctance, Lyric threw back his shoulders and said, “It doesn’t matter.  Like you say, backing singers are easy enough to replace.”

That wasn't really what she'd wanted to hear but she couldn't exactly complain.

“So, are you gonna become a total pop tart and wear mini-skirts and do bad Beyonce lip-synching?” taunted Lyric.

“Hardly,” said Jadine.  “Sherri’s said that she wants us all to keep it real.”

“Like that’s gonna last,” he sneered.

“And she wants us to write our own material,” said Jadine hotly.

“Yeah, right.  Before you can blink you’re gonna be part of some pop machine, churning out music for 8 year olds and singing about boyfriends and glitter.”

“I doubt it,” sniffed Jadine.  “And even if I did, it’d better than singing about knifing my foes or slapping up my ho’s!”

And those had been the last words Jadine had spoken to Lyric.  He’d since sent her a text message wishing her well and she’d had the grace to text back thanks and wish him the same.  She was going to miss Lyric - at least, the Lyric who’d valued her opinion and supported her, not the arrogant showoff he was fast becoming - but she was glad for the fresh start.  This was a blank canvas and she was ready to make her mark on the world.

“Rhian’s having a nap,” smiled Molly, as she came back into the room and plonked herself on the huge leather armchair in the corner.

“Cool,” said Jadine.  “Hey, I’m sorry about what I said earlier, about you and Derren McKenzie.”

As Molly shuffled in her chair, Amy walked in from the kitchen with two mugs of tea.  “What about you and Derren?” she said keenly.

“Nothing,” blushed Molly.

“I just thought Derren had the hots for Molly,” said Jadine, “but I shouldn’t have said anything.  I think I’ve embarrassed poor Molly.”

“Do you have the hots for him then?” asked Amy, as she sat down next to Jadine.

“God no!” said Molly.  “He’s a total player.  I bet he’s got a dozen girls on the go right now!”

Amy gave a tight smile and settled back with her brew.

“Besides, I’ve already got a boyfriend,” said Molly.  “Josh.  He’s a radio DJ back in Huddersfield.”

“Let’s hope he’ll be playing one of our hits, sometime soon then,” laughed Jadine.

“I’ll drink to that,” said Amy, chinking her mug against Jadine’s.

“So where’s Miss Diva?” chuckled Jadine.

“Olivia?” said Molly.  “She’s running herself a bath.”

“Oooooh!” cooed Amy.  “Better not make any noise then.  Don’t want to spoil her relaxation time!”

Jadine clocked that Molly was uncomfortable with the bitchy nature of their jesting and adopted a gentler approach.  “Maybe Olivia will be easier to get on with tomorrow.”

 “Just don’t wake her before 9am!” chuckled Molly, finally joining in with the joke, but in a good-natured way.

“Hey, I wonder how Rhian will feel tomorrow,” said Jadine.  “Do you think she’ll have a hangover?”

Molly smiled.  “She’ll have a major hangover!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 156K 52
Girls are girls, and boys are.. Well boys. Ashley, Lucy, Moe, Alyssa, and, Jessica are five bestfriends who go to summer camp every summer and it is...
71 26 7
Five teenagers - Tallest, Josie, Melody, Slay and Royce, members of an aspiring pop punk band gets approached by a questionable man who offers them i...
415K 1.8K 8
You and your band, Hopelessly Devoted, are going on your first tour. You just came out to the world and you're feeling happier than ever. When the gi...
5.1K 234 21
Five best girlfriends. Five gorgeous boy band members. Love? That'll never happen.. Right?