fixing the pieces

Od Zoniya

Rosemary Baxter 'Rose' is a 17 year old girl who has been abused and mistreated badly by her stepdad. Who is... Více

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8

chapter 9

107 7 6
Od Zoniya

hope you enjoy reading it!

Chapter 9

The next morning I woke up sweaty and breathing heavily.

I woke up by a nightmare. A terrible nightmare that haunts me the day it happen.

I take a quick shower making my bones relax since they were tense. I dry my body and spread the vanishing cream Mr. Saxton gave me all over my bruises.

I change into dark jeans and a long sleeve. I put on a band shirt and my baggy hoodie. I put my sneakers on and go to the restroom to cover up my bruise on my face.

I brush my teeth and ran a comb on my hair. I grab my bag, phone and money and go downstairs.

I see my two sisters are waiting for me and I grab them some quick food so they can eat.

I grab the keys noticing my mother is still sleeping on the table. I don’t do anything to wake her up. I also noticed Bill isn’t anywhere.

I just pray he won’t show his face around here anymore.

I grab the keys form the counter and we head to the car.  I drove my sisters to school since I was late it would be easier.

And if Bill doesn’t come early from where he is and doesn’t notice the car is missing then I would be alright. I just pray my way will come this time.

I drop off Zoey and Michelle and drive myself to school.

I parked in a spot away from the rest of cars and head towards my locker. I grab my books for my classes and run to my class.

I arrive just when the bell rang. I saw Ms. Wilson but she just nod to my seat I send her a thank you smile and took my seat next to Shawn.

“Alright class I have chosen your partner for the project” Ms. Wilson said holding a piece of paper

Project? What project? We have to have a partner? What since when have she said about a project…did she mention it yesterday?

Great the day I’m absent she chooses to explain the project.

I sigh and just started to doodle on my notebook.

I just hope I don’t pair up with one of the cheerleaders especially Samantha or the stupid jock and not Ethan.

Like who will want to do a project with your ex? Tell me who? I think no one wants to.

I looked around the room to see some smart people in this class but they don’t talk to me. Not even the biggest nerds in this class talk to me.

Ms. Wilson started to pair up people. Some nerds got stuck with jocks. Like how the heck did these stupid jocks end up in an Honors English class?

“Samantha and Rosemary?” Ms. Wilson said looking confused

I turned to look at Samantha she gave me a deathly glare but she gave me a mischievous smirk.

I’m doom

“Wait no I its Samantha and Ethan” Ms. Wilson said

I realized a deep breath I didn’t even now I was holding.

“Rosemary your partner is Shawn” Ms. Wilson finished off

I looked over to see Shawn who looked happy? He had a small smile creeping on his cheek.

Odd

“Well then meet up with partner and decided when to meet you guys have about a the end of the school year to finish your assignment” she said

Then she started to read part of the novel we are reading but I just couldn’t concentrate.

Project and Shawn is my partner meaning we have to spend time together.

What if he wants to do the project at my house and sees how Bill treats us.

Or he can be a jerk he is in the basketball team they are all jerks except for Logan that’s because we is raised by a good family.

What if he treats me like the others?

I have to spend time doing this project with him

The bell rang breaking me from my thoughts.

I grab my notebook and shoved it inside my bag. I saw everyone heading out. I made my way to Ms. Wilson.

“Ms. Wilson what’s the project about?” I asked

“Oh yeah its that you get to know your partner and then make an evaluation about them at the end I actually have no idea why we are doing it?” she says confused

“Then why are you making us do it?” I asked not understanding

“Well the principal and the teacher were saying that they want students to get along and nonsense so this is what I have to do” she says not liking the idea herself

“I guess we have no choice” I say to her

“No dear but hey maybe you can get Shawn to like you” she says winking at me

I furrow my eyebrows together and storm out which gladly makes her laugh.

Ms. Wilson is a young teacher who knows what teen go through these days. She even knew I was dating Ethan and knows how we broke up since she’s more of a friend than a teacher to me.

I walk out and head to my other classes which pass by slowly.

I ended up not having the great morning since Samantha and her posy made my life crucial.

I’m sitting with Mary Jane and Justin having lunch. We just chat about anything. Apparently Mary Jane told Justin about my ‘accidents’.

She told me that couples don’t have secrets. Bullshit I though Ethan had secrets of his own.

But I forgave her since she is my best friend and has been supporting me. Justin was shocked and pissed off that I didn’t do anything about it but we left out the part of me being you know…rapped.

I moved around the corn on my plate the food here wasn’t good some days and I didn’t feel like eating.

Then I heard gasp and shushing.

I turn see Shawn sitting next to me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked it came out rude

“Um sitting” he said with a duh voice

“Why?” I asked

“Because I need your info so we can hang out later” he said with a smile

I looked around and saw the whole cafeteria eyes my table even the lunch ladies were looking over here.

Everyone in this school knows about me but not the good kind of rumors.

“Here now leave” I said shoving a piece of paper to him

“Why? I want to eat here” he said giving me a puppy dog face with a pout

Huh he actually looks kind of adorable…wait what no I can’t think that

I shake my head

“Just because you’re my partner doesn’t mean we are friends” I state

“I just wanted to be nice” he says softly and leaves the table

All the eyes that were on the table are going back and forth to me and to Shawn.

Lunch was silent since the students were still shocked about Shawn sitting next to me.

The bell rang and we headed to class. The day passed quickly and it was time to leave. I grabbing my books and stuffing them inside my bag when someone appeared in my locker.

I look to see Ethan standing there. I pretended like I didn’t see him.

“Why was Shawn in your table at lunch today?” he questioned seriously

“Why do you care?” I questions as I closed my locker

I stared to walk out the school while Ethan was following me.

“Why was he at your table?” he asked again but more demanding

“I don’t know why you care about me since we are nothing” I hissed

“I care about it” he hissed

“Care? Yeah right if you ‘care’ about me you wouldn’t cheat on me. if you ‘care’ you wouldn’t have let Samantha treat me like shit. If you ‘care’ you would have came back to beg for my forgiveness but you didn’t and you know why? Because you don’t care about okay Ethan and don’t say you do because you don’t” I snap ant him infesasing ‘care’ with quotes

He looked shock and then angry.

“Don’t-“he was saying but I cut him off

“Don’t tell me you do okay save it for some bitch who would believe your crap” I said and got in my car and drove off leaving him stun in the parking lot.

I will not cry for Ethan Martin again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE COMMENT VOTE FAN!!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

6.1K 1K 65
(Completed; Edited) #Second Place in the Grand Dame Awards (14th February 2019) hosted by Majestic Inc. #Reader's Choice Award (23rd February 2020) i...
198 0 49
After a traumatic event when she was 17, Sara Ashton longs for normalcy. She hates being in the spotlight and hasn't dated since that night. The nigh...
106K 2.1K 46
Nora Rodriguez, The first born daughter,the responsible child,who is forced to put her siblings before herself.The daughter who's dad left a long tim...
175K 2K 21
WARNING: Have not edited! **A.K.A. Boarding School is Always Fun** Coming home from boarding school is something every person would love. Everyone e...