The Ritual To The Beast | ✓

By 1fandombookgirl

Emery Aiken has always lived in a mysterious and eerie village. Growing up with folktales about a fictitious... More

Copyright/Description/Book Cover
Chapter 1: Finding The Dress
Chapter 2: Forest Strangers
Chapter 3: The Ritual
Chapter 4: Special Wolf
Chapter 6: Out of The Woods
Chapter 7: Jumping Through Windows
Chapter 7.5: Thane
Chapter 8: Speedy Recovery
Chapter 9: Mission Runaway
Chapter 10: Marry Me
Chapter 10.5: Thane
Chapter 11: Wolf Tales
Chapter 12: What Are You?
Chapter 13: Panic Attack
Chapter 14: Werewolfing 101
Chapter 15: Family Time
Chapter 16: The Crypt
Chapter 17: Heart On Fire
Chapter 18: Healing Hands
Chapter 19: Homesick
Chapter 20: Fist Fight
Chapter 21: Exiled
Chapter 22: House Hunting
Chapter 23: Impending Doom
Chapter 24: Alphas and Mates
Chapter 25: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 26: Confessions
Chapter 27: I Love You Always
Chapter 28: Secrets
Chapter 29: The Beast
Chapter 30: Alpha's Orders
Chapter 31: Heartbroken
Chapter 32: Little Warrior
Chapter 33: Dead Wolf
Chapter 34: Battlefield and Bodies
Chapter 35: Save Him
Chapter 36: Dead or Alive
Chapter 37: Paying His Debt
Chapter 38: Blood Moon Pack
Epilogue
Sequel
Bonus Chapter: Christmas
Alpha Aiden's Protection Program
A/N: Copyright Infringement
STOLEN (RESOLVED)

Chapter 5: Where am I?

170K 5.7K 1.5K
By 1fandombookgirl

Chapter 5

I felt my senses coming back to me.

I was laying on something soft but my head felt like I had been hit with a hammer multiple times.

If that wasn't bad enough I could hear the annoying voices of people talking around me. I tried opening my eyes but the damn thing wouldn't budge.

"I told you to knock her out, not put her in a coma!" A male voice shouted. It was familiar and angry.

"Well you didn't quite give me specifics. Plus the doctor said she'll be fine, just give her a couple of hours." Another male voice answered but in a slightly fearful tone.

I was scared of the first guy and the anger wasn't even directed at me.

"A couple of hours? I swear to God, if she doesn't wake up I'm going to rip your throat out!" The familiar voice shouted, boiling with anger.

"Just calm down-" The other guy started but was interrupted by the familiar one.

"Calm down? I can't calm down! My mate isn't waking up because of you!" He shouted.

Mate? 

What did he think I was his friend? His mate?

"Look." The guy told the angry one.

"What?" The familiar guy said harshly.

"She's waking up." The other guy said as my hand started to twitch.

"Leave." The familiar guy growled.

I heard a door open and closed and then I felt a presence beside me. The heat radiated off of him and his scent filled my nose.

I had no idea who this person was.

"Emery, please wake up." He begged.

Then everything hit me like a wrecking ball. Everything from the beast to going unconscious to meeting Thane and then him taking me back home.

Except he didn't take me home, he knocked me out.

My eyes flew open and I was staring into warm brown eyes.

"Emery." He said taking my hand in his.

I didn't reply, I only removed my hand from his and sat up.

"Where am I?" I asked gently.

"Safe I swear." He said moving closer to me.

"I asked where am I?" I screamed at him, letting all my anger pour out.

"You're in my house." He said.

"No shit sherlock. I meant as in, why am I not in my house, why are you still here with me?" I asked.

"Emery, it's a long story but you have to trust me." He said moving closer to me.

"Don't you dare touch me." I said with anger lacing my voice when he was an inch away from me.

He held a hurt expression but I didn't care, this guy was psychotic. He kidnapped me for crying out loud.

"Let me explain." He said moving back.

"Oh trust me you have a lot of explaining to do. Why not start with why the hell did you kidnap me?" I asked.

"I will explain but you aren't in the best mental state right now." He said.

"My mental state? You're the one that kidnapped me!" I said exasperated.

"I didn't kidnap you," he said tiredly.

"You didn't? So then why am I here?" I asked looking around for the first time.

I was inside a bedroom and boy was it huge. It was probably triple the size of my room back home. There was a door to my right and I was fairly certain that door led out of the room.

"Can I have a glass of water?" I asked trying to divert his attention.

"Yeah, anything else?" He said as he quickly moved to the night stand that held a jug of water and a glass.

I didn't reply instead I moved off the bed in a flash and ran to the door. I opened the door that led out to a long hallway that went straight down to a kitchen and living area. I didn't have time to think as I saw the staircase and bounded down as I heard Thane calling me back from the hallway.

I chose to ignore him as I heard his footsteps not so far behind me. I dashed down the stairs that went on for about two flights until I came to the last floor and bumped into someone.

"Shit." I mumbled as I fell down.

"What are you doing here? Are you okay?" A guy asked me. I had never seen him before but he seemed to know me.

He held his hand out for me to take and he pulled me up.

He was holding onto my arm when I heard an ear-piercing growl from behind me.

"Get your hands off her." I didn't have to turn around to know who he was, the anger made it clear.

The guy removed his hands from me faster than expected and moved a good few feet away from me as if I held a disease.

Thane came in front of me as fast as the guy moved and threw him a warning. "If you ever touch or look at her ever again, I wouldn't think twice about sparing your life."

As horrifying as his words were I somehow felt a sense of safety and security being this close to him. I think I may be going insane.

"Are you alright?" he asked me when the guy left.

I didn't know what to say or do so I just stood as still as stone.

"Are you hungry?" he asked and I still didn't reply.

He let out a loud sigh and pulled me down the hall.

Crap I think he's going to kill me now.

We walked over to a massive room that was the kitchen. It was every chefs' dream.

Thane pulled me to the counter top and placed me on a stool.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked.

"I want to go home." I mumbled.

"Pancakes it is." He said as he turned around and began pulling out ingredients.

"Why am I here? What do you want from me? Why me?" I questioned while trying to will the tears away.

He ignored me as he continued with his cooking.

"Why won't you answer me?!" I yelled at him.

He walked closer to me and had a guilty expression. "Emery please I will explain everything to you in due time but please, relax."

"Relax? How in god's name am I supposed to 'relax'. You freaking kidnapped me and you want me to be grateful?"

"You know you're really starting to irritate me now." He said.

"Wow that's just great! I have no idea where the hell I am and you're irritated? Well why don't you just kill me? Anything would be better than being in this hell hole with you!"

"You think I wanted to kidnap you? You think I wanted it to be like this? I can see the hate you habor for me in your eyes and it's killing me. I know this is hard for you to understand and handle but I just need you to trust me, please?" Thane begged. The sincerity in his eyes made me feel a wave of guilt for exploding on him but I needed to know what was going on.

"I will give you some time. But this conversation isn't over." I said to him.

He gave me a grateful expression and smiled at me before he turned back to his task at hand.

"So tell me about yourself." Thane said after a couple of minutes.

"No way. You're my kidnapper remember? Plus you didn't answer any of my questions so fair is only fair." I quirked at him with a smirk.

"Okay I guess you're right." He said. I thought he gave up on the conversation before he continued. "But tell me, did you actually believe I would hurt you, let alone kill you?" He turned towards me and asked with a serious expression.

I was compelled to tell him 'no' so I wouldn't hurt him but I must remember that he kidnapped me so I went with the truth. "Y-yes." I stammered. "You were a stranger in the forest. What else was I supposed to think?" I asked him. "Plus you did knock me out."

"I suppose you're right." He mummer as his expression fell. "But I didn't knock you out though. That would've hurt me more than it hurt you."

He got a plate of pancakes for me and turned back with a smile while I was a bit flustered by his words.

"So when do you plan on telling me what exactly I'm doing here?" I asked once again as I began to eat.

"You really are determined aren't you." He stated but instead of anger he looked happy and almost proud. "But to answer your question, I will tell you as soon as I'm sure you wouldn't run." He said mysteriously as he leaned in closely.

My breathing hitched and part of me was saying 'lean in' but the more rational part was saying to run.

And that's what I did. I ran. Where to? Well I just ran until I found a huge door. I dashed past numerous people in the house who all gave me curious glances.

I dashed out the front door and was instantly surrounded by the forest and a road leading to god knows where.

Just as I was about to run towards the highway of hell something latched onto my wrist.

More like someone.

Thane.

"Emery!" He shouted when I struggled.

"What?" I whipped around and asked. "What do you want from me?" I asked him.

"You're testing my nerves. I told you to give me time." He said gritting his teeth.

"Well I'm sorry okay but I just can't. I have no idea where I am. I don't know anyone here. I was taken in the middle of the night by an animal and you expect me to be okay? To give you time? I can't Thane! I can't just be okay with this because quite frankly I think I'm stuck in some nightmare!" I screamed.

"Is that how you truly feel?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered confidently.

"Fine then let's go." He said and he started walking towards the forest.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To explain everything...from the beginning." He told me with one last look before he continued towards the forest.

A/N

So Thane kidnapped her? I don't know guys, something's up with a certain forest stranger.

Picture of the pack house to the top.

Song: AURORA - Running With The Wolves

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

If you enjoyed the chapter then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

Read on wolfies! 🐺

-Shania. 🐾 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 9.5K 11
Avery Williams - a regular pack member. Trent Denver - the alpha. They don't get along, her being too hard-headed and him believing whatever he says...
625K 16.4K 43
Bailey Scotts just wanted to find love again. When tragedy strikes her family, they move to a small town to live with her grandparents. While there...
147K 2.9K 34
"Beth you need to run! they're almost here!" I shake my head trying to get the fog to go away, looking over at the clock I realize it's minutes aw...
502 92 16
"Death changes people. You know? Maybe... maybe that's why I ended up like this." - The gleam of a silver blade in the half-moonlight... and nothing...