The Ritual To The Beast | ✓

By 1fandombookgirl

Emery Aiken has always lived in a mysterious and eerie village. Growing up with folktales about a fictitious... More

Copyright/Description/Book Cover
Chapter 2: Forest Strangers
Chapter 3: The Ritual
Chapter 4: Special Wolf
Chapter 5: Where am I?
Chapter 6: Out of The Woods
Chapter 7: Jumping Through Windows
Chapter 7.5: Thane
Chapter 8: Speedy Recovery
Chapter 9: Mission Runaway
Chapter 10: Marry Me
Chapter 10.5: Thane
Chapter 11: Wolf Tales
Chapter 12: What Are You?
Chapter 13: Panic Attack
Chapter 14: Werewolfing 101
Chapter 15: Family Time
Chapter 16: The Crypt
Chapter 17: Heart On Fire
Chapter 18: Healing Hands
Chapter 19: Homesick
Chapter 20: Fist Fight
Chapter 21: Exiled
Chapter 22: House Hunting
Chapter 23: Impending Doom
Chapter 24: Alphas and Mates
Chapter 25: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 26: Confessions
Chapter 27: I Love You Always
Chapter 28: Secrets
Chapter 29: The Beast
Chapter 30: Alpha's Orders
Chapter 31: Heartbroken
Chapter 32: Little Warrior
Chapter 33: Dead Wolf
Chapter 34: Battlefield and Bodies
Chapter 35: Save Him
Chapter 36: Dead or Alive
Chapter 37: Paying His Debt
Chapter 38: Blood Moon Pack
Epilogue
Sequel
Bonus Chapter: Christmas
Alpha Aiden's Protection Program
A/N: Copyright Infringement
STOLEN (RESOLVED)

Chapter 1: Finding The Dress

254K 6.8K 2.8K
By 1fandombookgirl

PLEASE READ: This book may seem very cliche, predictable or odd at times (I blame 15 year old me). So if at any point you don't wanna read anymore, I recommend giving my other werewolf story a go, it's called The Boy Who Cried Beast and it's much better and the characters are actually likable (not saying this in a narcissistic way, just saying it's an improvement as I've grown). Plus it's a standalone! Yay! 😅❤

TRAILER ABOVE

Chapter 1

The week was finally here. The week of the blood moon. No matter how hard I tried to get away from it, it kept showing up.

I had no idea why everyone was so intrigued by this horrendous and barbaric ritual. Did something called 'the ritual to the beast' sound like something to celebrate?

The 'beast' as they refer to is an unknown creature but doesn't that just maximize the fear factor? I listened to these torturous stories since I was a child, considering I would be of age when the next ritual came around.

I was nineteen, just the age to be apart of the ritual.

There is no actual proof of what happens to the girl who goes missing but that's completely baffling to me. How could one girl just fall off the face of the earth?

While some feared for their lives, others went shopping for the night of the ritual. The elders of the town who controlled the ritual made this inhumane tradition into a glamorized festival.

Who even knew what this beast was or what he wanted. These girls might as well be preparing for their own death.

Let me enlighten you on this alleged tradition that may be harmless or harmful.

Centuries ago there was this 'beast' that was described as satan himself that owned this land of the village, but as time grew by, humans began developing the area.

Humans took over the land and it was now the small little town of Fairbairn.

The beast was angry but they quickly found a solution. I didn't know how, but they did.

The treaty that was formed stated that the village protects the beast's secret and presents all women of ages 16 to 19 to him on the first blood moon to occur every 20 years and the humans may receive all land to develop.

The treaty was quickly accepted by everyone as the beast got what it wanted and the humans got the clarification that only one of all the girls would be taken. Or so we were all told.

It doesn't seem like a fair trade to me but then again I wasn't around centuries ago.

Therefore, since then every 20 years, one girl is taken by the beast. The girls were supposed to be dressed in all white as they are chained in to forest so they wouldn't be able to run. Then the beast shows up and chooses who he wants and disappears with her. No trace can be found. The other girls however, are all found the next day in the forest, right where they were left, not remembering anything of the night before.

Some families fear for their daughter's life while most rejoice in the celebration. But no one has a choice as the treaty is law and everyone forces the girls to the forest even if they are kicking and screaming.

There were hunters who tried hunting the beast to figure out what it was but came up with nothing while others who were closer to figuring it out, disappeared in the forest completely just as the girl that is taken.

Though, the forest went on for miles and miles into rocky mountain tops and dangerous trenches, so the hunters could never find their way through as it would take days or even weeks to get through the forest until they could find anything else.

Of course I know that I will not be chosen as I hate this ritual with all of my heart and soul, so there is no way this beast is going to take me. But still I hate being apart of this tradition.

Plus I may get hypothermia from sitting out all night in the middle of the forest, no blanket, no heater, just plain old me in that stupid white dress.

My family persistently pushed me to this ritual. My father was a bit wary but my mom convinced him that it would be the best thing. Even my little sister was excited for it. But fortunately for her she was only fifteen.

Unlike the other girls in this town, I wanted to explore the world, move out of this creepy town and go to college. Graduate with a medical degree and help those that are not as fortunate to get the medical help that some take for granted. Most importantly I wanted to live, not die in some stupid ritual.

My sister Avery was also sick. She had muscular dystrophy. It basically means that overtime, her muscles are being broken down and someday, sooner rather than later, she will become so weak that she wouldn't be able to walk.

One of the reasons I didn't want to leave her was because I wanted to be here and take care of her. I wanted to go to medical school and fight to find a cure for her or a way for her to be able to walk when her legs give out.

I had a life to live. I even had a boyfriend who was also against this insane ritual and creature. Jake and I always had that in common, a main reason why I liked him so much. But he was funny and charming. It was impossible to hate him.

He and I both didn't want me to be apart of the ritual but my mom and the entire village is making everyone one of us, eligible, attend. Not as if we have a choice.

My friends couldn't be more excited for this. The more I tried to show them how cruel the tradition was, the more they found positive things to say about it.

But as of now they have become competitors to each other, thinking this is some competition for the beast. Strange didn't even begin to describe it.

Today was Monday and the blood moon was set to take place on Saturday night. My mom and sister dragged me out of the house to go dress shopping as the ritual calls for the girls to wear a white dress. Something to do with purity and innocence and all that nonsense.

The streets were busy with girls in the most glamorous stores looking for their dress and individuals on the streets decorating for the ritual.

They celebrated and decorated as if it was Caesar returning from defeating Pompey. Streamers, lights and the works.

"Emery, what store do you want to start in first?" my mother asked as she led the way.

"Anywhere not crowded. You know I already don't like this thing." I said with a frown to exaggerate my point.

"Emery please don't fight with me on this again. We already talked about this." She said in a stern voice.

"But mom it doesn't make sense to spend a truck load of money for just one night that can either end in my death or me remaining here and have nothing else to do with the dress." I replied.

"If you don't want to shop then don't, but your sister and I are going to get a dress for you, whether you like it or not." She said as she and my sister Avery took off to one of the most expensive stores in towns which just happened to be the one filled with the most people.

My mom has been talking about this day since I was born. I seriously couldn't catch a break. Twenty years ago my mom was twenty three so she was not eligible to par take therefore now that I have a chance, she is jumping for joy. But she has never and will never be in the position I am in.

When my mom and sister took off I walked around a bit, trying to avoid everyone as much as possible. I went to the small pizza restaurant which was thankfully away from the crowd when I saw a little antique store in a secluded alleyway. I noticed it before but never spared my time. But right now it seemed like the only place without dozens of people and a bus full of squealing girls so I walked in.

It was quite amazing actually. Everything was vintage, from a grandfather clock to a grand piano to just about any old thing you can find. There was even a classic record player. I loved everything to do with turntables and I actually started my own vinyl collection.

Being the curious one I looked around and saw no one so I found a vinyl from a classic band from the 80's. I slipped the disc on the track and placed the needle to start playing.

To say it played beautifully and melodiously was an understatement.

"Can I help you dear?" someone asked from behind me and I squealed in fright.

"Oh...ah no, sorry I just couldn't help myself. It is a beautiful turntable." I said as smiled at the elderly woman.

"It is and you played my favorite record dear." She said beaming brightly at me.

"I love this band." I said returning her smile.

"Shouldn't you be shopping for your dress?" she asked.

"No I don't do the whole ritual thing. My mom and sister are actual out looking for a dress for me." I replied.

"Why? Scared of the beast?" she asked looking amused.

"No. It's just that this whole thing seems like a made up folktale that might just be a cover up for something a little more sinister." I said.

"Now I agree with you there honey." She said. "But don't think that the beast isn't real. I know that there may not be proof but then again is there proof of it not existing?" she asked.

"Well there isn't but...." I trailed off because she was right.

"But nothing dear. I'm with you on this. But considering you have to go, why don't I show you a few pieces?" She suggested.

"No I'll pass." I said and she only laughed as she pulled me to the clothes section.

"We are going to find you a dress. You may not like this event but you my dear are going out in style." She said smiling at me.

"Alright, if you insist."

"Okay you look through that section." She said pointing to all the white dresses. "I will be right back." And she walked to the back room.

All the dresses here were actually quite beautiful but not particularly my taste. After what seemed like forever the store owner came back.

"Find anything yet dear." She came, box in hand.

"No not yet." I said looking through the racks of white dresses she had.

"I was hoping so." She said as she set the box down on a table. "This dress belonged to me when I was around your age." She smiled at the memory, "Except I had this for when I though I was going to get married to man before I met my late husband."

"I really can't.." I shook my head.

"Can't or wouldn't? Just take a look a dear." She said as opened up the box and took out the dress.

It was breathtaking. It was like a dress made with magic, as weird as that sounds. It was absolutely beautiful.

"It's amazing." I said as my eyes practically bugged out of my eyes. "But I seriously can't. This must cost a fortune. I wouldn't be able to afford it." I said stepping away.

"Who said anything about paying." She said amused.

"I don't understand."

"I'm giving it to you dear. For free, no charge." She said packing it back in the box.

"I can't accept this." I pushed the box back to her.

"Honey I have no use for this again. It will fit you perfectly and you'll pull it off." She smiled even brighter.

"Okay I will take it. But at least let me know your name." I said curiously.

"It's Jane Fraser."

"I'm Emery Aiken. Nice to meet you Mrs. Fraser." I said putting my hand out for her to shake.

"The pleasure is mine dear child. And you're making me sound old, call me Jane." She laughed.

"Well Jane, I best be going now before my mother thinks that the beast took me early." I laughed but her expression just fell.

"Emery, just be careful okay. You never know what's lurking out there."

"I will. I promise." I smiled even though her words made me curious.

"Okay now go child before your family gets worried." She said smiling again. "And don't forget to come back."

"I would, soon. Hopefully I will be here more often when the whole ritual fiasco is over."I said as I walked out. "Bye Jane!"

"Bye dear!" She called back.

By the time I was done I had enough time to get my pizza and finish it until my mom called and said to meet her in the shoe store.

She took that long in the clothing store, I was terrified of how long she would take in the shoe store.

The dress she found was nice but not nearly as beautiful as Jane's so I decided to hide my dress so my mother wouldn't make me return it. While she shopped for accessories to match the dress she bought, I shopped for the dress I was given.

It was going to be a long week but hopefully I would survive it.

A/N

First chapter up. I know it was a little too descriptive but I really just wanted to give you all the background story.

Hope you all liked it!

The Ritual is going to be epic!

If you liked the chapter then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

I would love to hear back from you all.

Read on wolfies, 🐺

-Shania. 🐾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 535 44
~~Third In the Alpha Series~~ ~~Please note this can be read as a stand alone but it is a prequel to the series since it takes place before "The Alph...
3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
1.5M 8.1K 6
They say that Alpha-blood pups born under a full moon are destined for greatness. That males born will have all the strength the goddess can bestow...
154K 3.1K 34
"Beth you need to run! they're almost here!" I shake my head trying to get the fog to go away, looking over at the clock I realize it's minutes aw...