In the Moonlight [Completed]

By Red_Pheonix26

"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 32

698 24 2
By Red_Pheonix26

Slowly humming along to the beat blasting from my headphones, I closed my eyes whilst enjoying the few moments of calm I was getting.

A few days had passed and not much was happening. It was pretty worrying not knowing when the hunters will strike. All we knew is that we had to prepare for the worst.

Whilst the pack was out training and learning some new techniques and schemes to catch the hunters off guard, I had gone to school and found out that thankfully I had passed my exams. This meant that the next year I could continue my studies with Max and the others which had me burning with excitement.

I was looking at the bracelet around my arm, wondering why my mom had given me a bracelet with wolfsbane. Maybe she didn't even know it contained it? I put the bracelet down next to the bed.

Interrupting my trail of thought, Max's head popped out from behind the door.

"Hey." He smiled sheepishly.

"Hi." I gave him a smile in return.

I propped myself up against the headboard of the bed whilst it dipped from underneathe me as Max settled by my side.

"You done training?" I wondered seeing as his hair had a couple water droplets falling down, probably a result of him taking a shower.

"Yeah." He smiled, probably engrossed in thought.

A comfortable silence settled between us. I wasn't sure what to do but his hair caught my attention so I reached up to run my hand though it. I tugged gently on the loose ends that were still slightly wet. Max who had been watching me gently closed his eyes as though he enjoyed the feeling.

My other hand found it's way to his arm that he was using to balance himself whilst sat on the bed. I slowly traced the features of it whilst climbing up higher until I reached his neck.

Don't ask me what I was doing because I wasn't in control. My body craved his touch that I had longed for the past few days.

I reached up, finally cupping the side of his neck and cheek. I trailed my thumb across his lip, and he opened it slightly whilst trapping my finger in between his lips.

His eyes that had been closed opened, and his usually light blue eyes had turned a few shades darker.

The want I could see in them had my body set on fire, especially after the agonizinly slow time that I took getting to his lips.

I moved from one corner of his mouth to the other whilst his eyes followed my every move.

My eyes finally looked up to stare into his, and I muttered the only thing that came to mind in the trance that I had us both caught up in.

"You want me." I stated.

His eyes widened slightly, not expecting that sentence to come out from my mouth.

"No shit." He smirked before pressing his lips against mine.

The built up tension was released and as he pulled away after the soft and gentle kiss I quickly pulled him back for another one.

He chuckled against my lips which I didn't appreciate so I pushed him down on the bed, climbing over him.

We pulled away slightly, allowing him to look into my eyes or the smirk plastered across my lips.

He lifted an eyebrow but didn't move, probably seeing where I would take this.

I took the lead, kissing him passionately and enjoying the way my body set ablaze. He responded just as fiercely, probably feeling the heat building up between us.

My hand came down to the bottom of his shirt and I enjoyed pushing it up to his chest, revealing his perfectly sculpted body underneath.

He traced my bottom lip with his tongue, wanting to take back a bit of control. Of course I ignored it, knowing he'll get me back for that later.

From his chest, I started moving my fingers down across his abs, enjoying the fact that I was taking my time and leaving him guessing.

His chest was rising and falling rapidly and I knew I was testing his patience. But I had to get him back somehow and maybe this was good enough.

Maybe. Not.

Whilst finally letting him into my mouth I traced the line of his shorts that was separating us as he had me straddling him on the bed.

He sucked in a sharp breath as I teased him by pulling down the zipper, that being the only noise in my room apart from the panting coming from us.

As though that was the final straw for him and he couldn't take any more, he quickly shifted our weight and pushed me down on the bed.

Reconnecting our lips, he slightly nibbled on my bottom one and my arm wrapped around his back trying to hold on tightly as my mind was becoming too foggy.

He kissed down the side of my jaw and found his way to my neck, I bit my lip holding back any sounds from escaping.

"You're going to be sorry for trying to hold back against me." he whispered huskily in my ear and the way it came out ragged sent a shiver down my spine. It was flattering knowing I could get him to the point where he was losing control.

As soon as he had uttered those few words he kissed behind my ear and the sensitive spot had me squirming under him, as though the friction created between us each time our chests rose wasn't enough.

My other arm snaked its way back to his neck where I ran it through his hair, knowing he was probably holding it back too.

This was becoming a competition to see who would get the other person to moan first. I truly wasn't sure how long I'd last.

He nibbled on my neck until he found his mark and the feeling had me arching my back in pleasure. I thought I had lost until a moan finally escaped his lips as my front rubbed against him.

He groaned, most probably annoyed and started sucking on the mark as revenge. The action sent sparks across my body that amplified as he bit down on it. The built up frustration had me moaning so loud I thought I was screaming. He smiled feeling proud of himself for pushing me to the edge as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"Not a quiet one are you?" He teased.

I kissed him, effectively shutting him up and my tongue found his. He easily took control and I was holding on tightly to his back, leaving a few marks along the way. It wasn't on purpose but the electricty coursing through us had us going crazy.

This time I was the one who kissed his neck, almost giggling when I felt him shiver on top of me. He groaned when I found his ear and I whispered. "Not too quiet either are we?"

He chuckled, knowing he had it coming.

I pulled away, looking into his dark, clouded eyes and smiled before pecking him on his lips.

"I love you." He barely got out.

I looked in between his eyes.

"I love you too, mate." I grinned widly.

He burried his head in my neck and breathed in, most likely relishing in my scent. I felt him smile back, but if that wasn't enough his erratic heart rate proved how lucky I was at that moment.

That was when the door opened, revealing Will bursting into the room.

"Oh crap sorry to interrupt."

Max pulled himself off of me, and if it wasn't for the way Will's eyes frantically scanned across the room I'm sure he would've commented on how he had a few final words before paying for ruining the moment.

Max didn't need to say anything, his tense features said everything.

Will spoke up. "It's the hunters."

My eyes widened and my mouth suddenly felt dry.

Immediately sensing my panic Max pulled me closer to him, knowing his body heat would calm my down.

"What do we do?" Max voiced my concern.

"At the moment Isaac has the entire pack defending the house." Will said through gritted teeth. "It's not looking good."

"Well-" Max's voice was interrupted by the sound of his phone beeping.

He unlocked it whilst looking at the message.

His brows knitted together in a puzzled look.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"It's your parents Will, they say Cathy's been taken." Max looked up at Will.

"What?!" Will immediately turned on his heel.

"Where are you going?" Max's voice made him stop in his tracks.

"To find my sister."

"You don't even know where she is." Max tried to reason with him.

A second text suddenly popped up.

"What does it say?" Will wondered, still panicked.

"They said they used her phone to locate her in a shack in the woods." Max frowned.

"I'm going." Will said.

"No." Max stopped him. "I need you to stay here and protect Lex and the pack. As the beta I will go and find her."

"But." I protested.

"I'll be fine." He smiled at me whilst laying a soft kiss on my forehead.

I knew that was just to reassure me, but I also knew how much I wanted to go with him so he probably felt like it was his duty to go and I knew that in that case there was no stopping him.

"Lex, promise me you won't move from here."

I frowned but nodded, unable to say any words.

Max rushed out of the door, closely followed by Will.

I clutched onto the necklace Max gave me, praying everything to be fine.

I trusted him. It'll be fine. I tried to reassure myself.

My heart was beating out of my chest as I paced around the room. Minutes went by but it seemed like hours.

After a while I gave up and collapsed on the bed. I hated feeling so useless.

It was only a loud scream from outside that stopped me from whatever I was doing or thinking.

My feet unconsciously made their way to the window where I stared out at the fighting below.

A wolf attacked a figure dressed in black and succeeded, but only in ripping their hood off.

The man's red hair shone out now fully exposed, and I tilted my head quizzically.

Something about him...

The red hair.

I knew that man, it was the same man I had seen in my bathroom mirror that time, and it was the same man I saw at Will and Cathy's house.

He was working with their parents...which meant.

Max!

I rushed down the stairs and to the front door.

"What are you doing?" Ace grabbed my arm before I could reach the handle.

"It's a trap!" I cried out. "Will's parents are working with the hunters!"

Ace slightly let go of my grip in shock, allowing me to slip away from him.

I rushed outside, making my way through the crowds.

I need to get to Isaac so I can warn him. The thoughts kept circling through my head.

Why didn't I realise this sooner.

My heart was beating widly out of my chest, I needed to get Max safe.

Somehow I made it to Isaac, who was in a clearing, it's as though the hunters were too distracted fighting to even notice me.

Isaac was in his wolf form, fighting three hunters at once. He paused when he saw me.

I updated him as soon as possible and saw him pounce on the last hunter that was annoying him.

He quickly shifted, covering himself however he could and rushing towards me.

"What the hell do you mean!?" He exclaimed.

"I mean exactly what I said. It's a trap." I mirrored his loud tone.

"Bravo." A clap echoed in the distance.

I turned instinctively towards the voice, frowning when I didn't see anything in the trees surrounding us.

Isaac pushed me behind him, looking around into the trees.

"Your wolves took the lives of all our fighters." Two figures emerged.

When they came into view in the light, I wasn't shocked to find Will and Cathy's parents, standing right in front of us.

"And you're going to pay for that." Their mother finished the sentence.

~~~~~

Ooh I loved writing this chapter. I'd appreciate any feedback on how it turned out/constructive critcism is welcome.
Things are getting interesting now!
This chapter took me ages to write and I'd appreciate it if you could leave a like on this chapter.
-Bella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 18.1K 26
"I could never hate you," I blurt out. Her head snaps up, and I see the hope twinkling in her eyes, which made it harder to say, "But it's just my wo...
475 68 22
Life is a choice. Two friends inseparable; but in life who you fall inlove with can become your biggest MISTAKE. This story takes a turn on how love...
230K 9.3K 75
"Mels I think we should break up" David said to her, his voice flat, no emotion, as though he wasn't blowing up her entire world with his blunt words...
161K 4K 33
{rewritten version of Possessive Hearts} "Where do you think you're going?" He spoke. His big strong hands pinning me against the wall. The scent of...