Of Numbers and Strange Friend...

By nekoamamori

Loki and Peter Parker somehow forge a friendship after one flippant comment. No one on the team quite underst... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 9

59.5K 2.5K 2.4K
By nekoamamori

"Hey, Loki," Peter greeted Loki as he came into the common room of the tower, tossing his school bag on the couch carelessly. It had been over a week since Loki had been invited over to family dinner. Loki was still surprised every time when Peter no longer called him 'Mr.' He kept waiting for the formality to come back and it never did.

He didn't understand why it never came back.

And he couldn't help being pleased by the development.

Even though Loki was having a bad day.

"What's the number today?" Peter asked as he fwumped comfortably onto the couch, pulling out web fluid notes to go over with Loki to see if they could improve the formula.

"Six," Loki replied, then paused, considering the day he was having with Stark being an ass. "And a half,"

Stark huffed from nearby and rolled his eyes. He was the one getting on Loki's nerves today. He kept poking and prodding at Loki's temper, especially right before Peter was due to arrive. "Why? How are they friends? And how do we make it stop?" He whined. He wanted Peter away from Loki's bad influence.

Thor clapped Stark on the shoulder. "Fear not, Man of Iron. The friendship is good for both of them. As to how," Thor shrugged "Relatively speaking, they are of an age,"

"What?!? He's like a thousand years old and the kid is 15!" Stark protested.

Thor laughed. "We live for roughly five thousand years. By Midgardian standards, Loki would be roughly a few years older than the young spider, but not unreasonably so for them to be friends,"

Peter smirked and got to his feet, donning his Spiderman suit a moment later. He took Loki's hand to haul him to his feet. "C'mon, let's go patrol," he told Loki and dragged him out of the tower while Loki laughed and let his armor shimmer into place.

They patrolled for petty crime, which was ridiculous and silly. And so... petty. And yet, it made Peter so happy to help normal everyday people with normal everyday problems. It wasn't fighting Hydra, monsters, and aliens. It was stopping robbers and pickpockets. Helping retrieve cats from trees. There was always some petty crime going on in New York, so they always found something to do.

Loki didn't mind helping out especially since, if he was having a bad day especially, Peter wouldn't say anything if he had a little fun with his victims when they left them for the police. Peter did insist on rules about Loki's fun, which made it slightly less enjoyable, but even he had to admit the rules were... reasonable. Loki wasn't allowed to permanently harm, disfigure, or kill, any of the criminals.

So Loki had to settle for mischief and embarrassment.

Which led to a LOT of naked webbed up criminals with magically dyed hair and mustaches drawn on with sharpie. The notes of their crimes were very conveniently placed, but the criminals were thoroughly embarrassed and Loki had his fun.

*

One Monday, Peter didn't come by after school. That wasn't too strange. Peter didn't come by every day.

Just basically every day.

In fact, Loki couldn't remember a day that Peter hadn't come by at least for a minute to grab a bite to eat. The fridge was always full and growing boys on every realm were starving creatures.

But...

Had Peter seemed off the last couple of days?

Had Loki not noticed something?

It was just a day, surely it was nothing.

*

Peter didn't come by Tuesday either.

Loki tried not to sound worried when he asked if anyone had seen the brat. They told him that they hadn't, but they were sure it was nothing to worry about.

Stark said he'd needed the day off for something.

*

On Wednesday, Loki actually got his phone out and texted the boy. <Are you alright, arachnid?>

There was no response

*

On Thursday, Loki teleported outside of Aunt May's apartment and knocked on the door politely.

Then less politely.

Then pounded on the door.

And then broke Aunt May's no teleportation rule and teleported into the apartment.

It was empty, though there should have been someone home at that hour.

*

On Friday, Loki risked breaking Peter's trust. He was deeply concerned about his friend. He didn't tell anyone about what he was planning, but Thor knew he was up to something. "Brother, whatever you are planning, do not. The spider child will not appreciate you prying into his private matters. He would tell us what is going on if he wishes for us to know,"

"What if something has happened to him? What if he is injured or worse? No one has heard from him in days and he is part of this team!" Loki replied hotly. He was past caring that they would think him a sentimental fool. His friend was missing.

"Stark said the child is not injured,"

"Stark has heard from him?!" Loki demanded and before Thor could reply went to confront Stark as to the location of his brat. Thor followed, concerned about his brother's behavior.

Stark was in the common room with the rest of the team. "Stark," Loki snarled to get Stark's attention. He looked up from the Jarvis screen he'd been working on.

"What'dya want, Reindeer Games?"

"You know where the little spider is?" Loki demanded and tried to keep the desperation for answers from his voice.

Stark nodded and looked like he had a sarcastic comment prepared, but he must've caught the desperate gleam in Loki's eyes. "He's been sick. At the hospital. They just sent him home today. He should be there by now,"

The hospital?

But Midgardians needed to be desperately ill to go there.

Especially Midgardians like Peter who did not have much money.

Without a word, Loki teleported directly outside of Aunt May's apartment. It took every ounce of his willpower not to teleport directly inside. He knocked politely at the door. It took a minute and he heard someone moving around before Aunt May opened the door. "Loki... Peter isn't feeling well," she tells him and tries to close the door again.

Loki held it open. "Please? Please let me see him. We've been-" he shook his head. "I have been so worried about him," he admitted the genuine care he felt for the arachnid and let Aunt May see how worried he'd been.

She sighed and opened the door. "Alright, but don't pressure him if he's not up to company," she told him firmly. Sometimes she was so easily bowled over by Loki's charm. At other times she treated him just like any of Peter's other friends.

Loki offered her a polite bow, his manners slipping to the proper manners of home in his nerves as he stepped past her to Peter's room. He knocked tentatively on the door. "Arachnid? Will you let me in? Please?" Loki asked and even he could hear the fear in his voice at what he'd find inside. Or worse, that Peter would send him away.

"Loki? You can come in," Peter sounded nervous. Unwell. His voice weaker, younger than usual.

Loki tentatively cracked open the bedroom door to find Peter in bed under the covers. Loki slipped in and closed the bedroom door behind him. "Stark said you were unwell. That you had been in the hospital," Loki said gently as he came in and sat on the edge of Peter's bed as the teen sat up. He looked pale and wan. He shouldn't. He had superpowers, super healing. He should not look or be ill.

Peter nodded and looked suddenly shy. "I had to switch medications and had a bad reaction to the new one," he told Loki softly. "Even my healing factor couldn't handle an allergic reaction to medication..."

"Medication?" Loki asked concerned. That sounded like a long term illness.

Peter nodded, blushed, looked away embarrassed.

"Arachnid," no that wasn't right. Not for this conversation "Peter, please, you are my best friend on this realm. You know I will not hurt you. I will not tease or make fun of you, not over something important like this. Please trust me," Loki's voice was nearly a beg as he pleaded with the teen to let him help, to at least tell him what was wrong.

It was the first time Loki had called Peter by his name.

Please trust me had begged to god of mischief.

Please trust me had begged the lord of lies.

He had begged.

He would go down on his knees and truly beg if that's what it took to help his friend.

Peter turned even more red and looked down at his lap. He paused a long, long, torturously long minute before he spoke again. "The medication I'm on is to help... transition..." the kid is clearly looking for words and Loki waits patiently for him to find the words he needed. "I was born in a girl's body, but I'm not a girl," he finally settled on, his voice getting vehemence in his defense of his gender. "The medication is to help me be me until I can make the transition through surgery..."

He wouldn't look at Loki while he spoke, while he admitted these things.

Loki realized he'd been bullied for this before.

The boy had soul wounds from people not accepting who he was.

If Loki could understand anything about the young man, it was that.

Loki folded the young man into his arms, pulling Peter to him. "You thought I would not understand? I who have no gender? Who is both male and female? I understand more than anyone, my friend, and would never, ever turn you away for such a thing," he told the young man sobbing out his heartbreak into Loki's shoulder.

Loki wanted to kill every single person who had helped add to the soul wound on Peter's heart, who had led to the tears being shed now. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 3.4K 16
Mostly fluffy oneshots of the best father and son duo. !!NO SHIPPING OF THESE 2 CAUSE PEDOFILIA IS NASTY!!
183K 6.6K 32
One shots of Loki and Peter friendship. Always complete! Requests CLOSED! (Friendship/family only, please! All romance requests will be deleted!)
645K 15.7K 46
Irondad and spiderson prompts <3 I don't own marvel and never will, R.I.P a legend. #1 in prompts! #1 in fluf! #7 in dad! #1 in father figure! #...
19.3K 546 21
Y/n doesn't have a good home situation. Her life is really difficult and she doesn't know what the purpose of her life anymore. But when y/n goes liv...