Chapter 27

Loki returned to the bathroom to find Peter anxiously pacing while he waited for the god. Loki chuckled at the sight and let his illusion fade so he was back to his normal form. "You owe me a favor. And you will be studying the material properly this evening and every evening until you know it properly," he told Peter firmly. He bailed Peter out to keep him from failing since if he failed, Aunt May wouldn't let him keep working at his fake internship if he failed any of his classes.

Loki also had to admit that Peter had won him over with his interpretation of the teacher's "only an act of god" can save you. She hadn't specified which god Peter was allowed to call upon. He'd chosen to call upon Loki.

"Thank you so much, Loki!" Peter exclaimed and hugged Loki around the neck. "I swear, I'll never let it happen again. I swear, I swear," he said in his loud puppy-like enthusiastic way.

"You better not," Loki told him firmly. "I will not cheat for you again," he told the teen firmly. Loki had standards. He only helped this time because Peter had goaded him with that 'act of god' line and he really didn't want to lose Peter's friendship if he lost the internship. And he was really, really, going to make the teen earn the help he'd just gotten by making him study the material ten times as hard. Or more. The god would make sure that Peter didn't think asking him to cheat would ever be the easy way out.

Poor Peter was in for a world of hurt and didn't seem to realize it yet.

Loki was about to teleport home when Peter took his hand. "Not yet, Loki!" he begged. "Come to another class with me? Please???" he begged with a heartbreaking pout.

Loki rolled his eyes. "Now why in the name of the Nine would I do that?" he asked. He disliked this place and wanted to get out of this dingy high school. Especially the dingy bathroom of the school.

"Because you get to show off?" Peter suggested. Loki glared so Peter hurried on. "We're doing a section on mythology in my history class. The teacher said we can get extra credit for bringing in a myth to share with the class," he explained a bit sheepishly. He hadn't been planning on asking, but if Loki was already here...

Loki gave Peter a considering look. "You have gotten too good at using wording to your advantage," he told his friend proudly. "Very well, though this is two favors you owe me," he warned. Making deals with the Loki could be akin to making deals with the devil, though Peter didn't think Loki would do anything to actually hurt him.

"Fine, two favors," Peter agreed. He was too trusting of Loki, but Loki wouldn't actually hurt him. If he tried to do something out of line, Peter could always get Thor to intervene. He doubted it would come to that. Loki sighed and looked extremely put-upon, but let his casual clothes shimmer to his armor, including golden horned helmet. If he was going to show off, he was going to do it properly. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" Peter told him and led him from the bathroom to his next class.

The crowd parted for Loki in armor. His very presence caused the students to get out of his way. His armor made them scurry faster. That he had summoned a replica of his staff to carry as he walked made them stay out of his way quietly. His well-practiced murder strut had them all staring in awe at the god being led by Peter Parker of all people. How did that nerd get so lucky as to be friends with such powerful people?

Peter led him into one of the classrooms. "Ms. King, I've brought my extra credit project," Peter announced while the rest of the students just stared. And stared. And stared. Most of them had seen Loki on the camping trip, but that was casual Loki, friendly, patient, teaching. This Loki? This was combat Loki. This was the god, the prince of Asgard. This was the man worthy of their respect and a hint of fear. He could smite them where they all sat and not bat an eyelash.