Waiting For My Mate

By Veikari

Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he wou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
The Last Chapter
little update

Chapter 72

2.1K 90 36
By Veikari

Laxus stepped on the huge garden, looking at the mansion. It was big, dark and old. He didn't like it. His eyes narrowed when he remembered how Freed said that he had always hated living here. He could see why, this place seemed like there had to be a rule for every fucking thing.

But where Freed was? He could smell him and he knew he was in the mansion but this damn place was too big!

Laxus growled angrily when he sensed anxiety on Freed's scent that was here and there all over the garden. Freed must have walked around here often, getting out of that massive building that looked like a haunted house, trying to think how to handle the situation the best way while keeping Felix safe. His mate was already stressed because of the pregnancy, it was HIS job to make sure they were safe so Freed didn't need to think about that!

Laxus didn't even care about how the ground under him was burning silently because of the lightning. He wouldn't care if he burned down this whole place or destroyed it with his lightning. But before he could do that, he had to find where Freed was.

He heard steps and snapped his head towards the noise, growling when he saw a man who couldn't be any other than Lucados Zaldevil.

"So you found your way here", Lucados said and gently brushed his hair back with his fingers, making the other scythe-like cowlicks shift slightly. "I guess I shouldn't be that surprised in the end. Freed seemed so sure you would come no matter what."

"Where's Freed?" Laxus snarled.

"He's somewhere safe. Somewhere where you can't go. I'm not entirely sure what all this mate thing is between you two, but I am happy that with it there will be now a new heir for the family. I guess I'm even grateful for that, Laxus. But Freed is still Zaldevil and so is his child."

"Like hell", Laxus growled. "He has made it plain clear that he doesn't want to have anything to do with this family. And same goes with our son."

"That is not something for him to decide. Or you. It is just a fact that cannot be changed."

"I don't give a fuck. I will take them home no matter what", Laxus said and the air crackled around him, his orange eyes locked on Lucados.

"I guess there is then no other choice", the older man sighed. "Stubbornness seems to be something you all youngsters have these days."

Freed frowned as he did his best to translate all the texts but he only managed to get half of it. And to be honest, that half wasn't the most helpful information he could get.

For the first thing was that the Old Contract was impossible to nullify. Not without deaths and Freed didn't like that idea.

'We have told it before, no mere mortal can break the Old Contract', he heard a familiar voice suddenly.

"Valdeghar?" he said, both surprised and happy.

'As long as the Artefact of the Zaldevil family is effective, no one can break the contract', another, much deeper and growling voice grunted.

"Umanor", Freed smiled. "It has been a long time."

Umanor definitely wasn't as talkative as Valdeghar and he didn't answer if he didn't decide so himself even if Freed tried to talk with him.

"Is there absolutely any way to destroy that Artefact?" he asked looking at the orb on the wall.

'It will destroy itself when the time is up after the last Lord has died and one hundred years has passed after that moment. Or there will be no more heirs with Zaldevil family's blood in their veins', Umanor explained.

"That is a really strict rule", Freed huffed. "Of course it is out of the question to cause something that there will be no more heirs."

'Then you must make sure the future heirs won't find their way in this chamber.'

"How can I make something like that happen? My runes can only guard this place until I die. What will happen after that?"

'That is something none of us can tell. Even if we could and we would give you some kind of a prediction what could happen, it can still change. The future is in a constant state of changes. You're a strategist, you know how it goes, Freed. Even a single thing can change the whole pattern and then you just must try to adjust and come up with a new plan.'

"I get it", the rune mage sighed. "All we can do is to try to forget this place and make sure no-one will come here. If we talk about this place, there is always a chance that someone might get too curious."

'You do what you and your mate think is the best solution. We can't make decisions like that for you. But that is something you can decide later, we have much bigger problems right now to deal with', Umanor grunted.

"Do you know what is happening outside?" Freed asked surprised.

'Not everything', Valdeghar said this time. 'But we can guess. Your mate and your friends arrived at the mansion. It seems like your friend Bickslow managed to take down Moranga and Evergreen did the same to Jish-Ahrna.'

"They did?" Freed asked and he felt relieved. "That is really good news. Then we only have grandfather any more to -"

'Don't get your hopes up just like that, Freed', Umanor scolded sharply and Freed almost jumped. He had forgotten how strict Umanor could be and the demon never took anything lightly or think that things would go easily. Umanor was always prepared for the worst case scenarios no matter what. 'We are talking about the Lord and his demons. Do you really think they can be taken down just like that?'

Freed bit his lip slightly and sighed.

"No", he confessed. "I know things wouldn't go that easily."

'Good. Because they might be out of a while, but they will come back. We must do what we can. Do you think you can give us some of your magic?'

"My magic?" Freed asked confused. "Of course if you need it, but I'm not sure how much I can lend it without wearing out my body and maybe that way causing something to Felix."

'We won't be needing that much magic. We need to create links between us.'

'What are you planning, old man?' Valdeghar chuckled.

'We will use that information Lord gave us and take our own forms just like Moranga and Jish-Ahrna.'

"What?" Freed almost shouted. "That is definitely too much magic! I can't do something like that now!"

'We know. But we have one thing that Lord doesn't have that we can use to make things easier.'

"Really?" Freed asked confused. "What is it?"

'Lord always uses his own magic to summon Moranga and Jish-Ahrna. Because otherwise they probably wouldn't appear. With Valdeghar we can use our own magic and summon ourselves with just enough magic from you to create a link.'

'You used our awesome name', Valdeghar said happily.

'Shut up.'

"Would you really do that?" Freed asked. "Use your own magic to make that happen?"

'Yes. We trust you and we want to help you. That is what comes when you create a true and powerful bond. It is common to think that demons would never do something unless they get something in return. Maybe in some cases that is true, but demons are just like humans: They have personalities. We know we can trust you so we want to help you.'

"That is... I don't even know how to thank you enough."

'Don't be a crybaby.'

"I'll try", Freed chuckled and did his best to force those bouncing hormones to calm down. "But what are you going to do when you get out?"

'We will talk with Moranga and Jish-Ahrna', Umanor explained. 'There is one thing we can do to make things easier, we just need to convince them to do so.'

"What is it?"

'The Old Contract does not forbid the demons to raise up against their Master if they feel it necessary. If they themselves want it, Moranga and Jish-Ahrna are free to fight against the Lord. For them to get free they need approval from their Master and we don't think Lord will set them free. But they can still fight and we will help them.'

"They would fight with us against grandfather?" Freed said surprised. "But what if he just sends them away?"

'Either way, there will be less opponents for us, right?' Umanor said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...
13.2K 287 5
Laxus is a blonde Lightning Dragon Slayer and he's developed feelings for the captain of the Thunder Legion, his personal bodyguards, named Freed. Th...
1.4K 54 21
My mother disappeared when I was merely five years old and I was alone. I cried everyday until I wandered into the forest and met my best friend, Pri...
1.3K 52 11
(Y/n) (L/n) isn't new to Fairy Tail. She was away on a mission for a few years. Sadly, her job she went on failed. She wasn't able to complete her m...