Catching A Queen

By _hxpster

Even vampires have mates... Vladimir is the King of Vampires. His empire thrives under his rule, but he somet... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
New Cover and Other Info
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Eleven

7.8K 217 27
By _hxpster

Chapter Eleven
Lucinda Of Celestials

"I understand, but I cannot just leave her here...yes, when she wakes we'll both go together; I'm sure she'd like to explore more of the palace anyway. Yes. Thank you." He hung up the phone, placing it on the nightstand and wrapping his arms around me once more. There was something different about him today, paired with that fact that when I woke up I wasn't hungry, I felt full already. What could that mean?

"Haggar?"

"You're awake." I groaned and burrowed further into the covers of the bed that also included Vladimir's chest. "They need me to...I don't know, run the Coven or something," he chuckled and I giggled. "I am needed in my office, but I would like to take you with me."

I sat up, pulling my knees and the covers up to my chest. "You would?"

"Of course! I want you to be comfortable in the palace so you can move freely." I smiled and hugged him, taking in his fresh scent.

"Thank you."

He stroked my hair and chuckled. "You're welcome, love. How about some breakfast?" I needed to know what was wrong; what was different.

"Vladimir?"

"Yes?"

"There's something different about you today. Are you alright?"

He frowned. "I'm perfectly fine. Are you?"

"Yes, I just felt something shifted emotionally, I woke up and I wasn't hungry."

He drew patterns on my arm, causing bumps to rise on my skin. "Is that a good or a bad thing?"

"I'm not sure. It's never happened before."

"So no blood for you this morning?" I shook my head and stretched, placing my feet on the cold floor. I walked through the bathroom and into my closet, still slightly overwhelmed with the elaborate set up of it all. I pulled out a strapless, white crop top, loving the silkiness of the fabric against my skin. I slipped on a pair of light blue jeans that were ripped from top to bottom, pairing them with nude heels and a pink jacket.

I walked out to see Vladimir on his side of the sink, shaving the slight stubble that had grown on his face. Looking at him this way, I realized why I felt a shift. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Vlad?"

"Yes, my little light?"

"I need to ask you something and I implore that you answer honestly."

He rinsed off his face and turned to face me, stroking my arms. "Alright."

"Do you love me?"

His eyes widened. "I-what kind of a question is that? Of course I love you."

My heart swelled with a foreign emotion and I couldn't control my body from flying forward and crashing our lips together. We molded together as one, my arms around his neck, my fingers tangled in his hair, and my lips in between his. Vladimir's arms slid around my waist as he pulled me closer to his body. A slight moan accidentally escaped me, triggering a groan of what I could only conclude as pain. I pulled away and frowned, looking at him. "Am I hurting you?"

"Goddess, no, I just...I'm having trouble controlling myself." He gave me a lingering kiss before strolling into his closet. I sighed and walked into the bedroom, sliding my hands down the material of my jacket. I looked at the bare wall, wondering all the books that I would fill the shelves with. Vladimir walked in and I nearly jumped in his arms and begged him to Mate me. He was wearing a crisp, blue suit with a white shirt, the first three buttons undone. He stretched out his hand and smiled when I took it, leading me out and into the hallway.

I felt like a true queen on the arm of my King. He led me to his office, not leaving me any time to hawk before he kissed me again. My eyes immediately closed, taking in all of emotions my Mate was feeding me. He pulled away and led me to his desk, setting me down in his large, burgundy chair. "It's very comfy," I smiled, bouncing up and down on the plush seat. "Your office is very manly."

He chuckled and leaned back against his desk, staring at me. "You look so small in that chair." I smiled up at him and he gave me a soft peck on the lips before turning around to face his desk, giving me a full view of his butt in his slacks. I didn't even realize he'd taken of his jacket and set it on a neighboring chair!

"S-So what are we going to do today?"

He turned back around with a huge stack of papers. "Sighing things."

"All that?"

He nodded and I felt my stomach sink. It was going to be a long day.

I felt a light shaking of my shoulders and I lifted my head, rubbing my groggy eyes. My vision cleared to see my Mate, leaning over me with his suit jacket around my body. He smiled and kissed my forehead, helping me up. "Are you done for today?"

"Yes, my little light," he chuckled.

"So we can go to bed?"

He sighed. "Not quite yet." The air shifted into something tense and I knew he needed to tell me something important.

"What is it, Vlad?"

"The Coven wants a Queen's Ball."

Was that it? A Queen's Ball was the most elaborate party, celebrating when a king had finally found his mate. The best part is all of the beautiful gowns women wear to showcase their Coven Colors. I had never been to one, but I heard it is the most amazing sight that anyone could ever hope to see. "Alright. When?"

His eyes widened and he touched my knee. "Are you sure you want this?"

"Why not?"

"Well, It's one more step to Coronation, Lucy; to being with me forever, to having my children."

I frowned, slightly hurt. "Do you think I don't want that?" I stood, his jacket falling to the floor. "I understand your concern for my mental health, and I understand that you're frustrated about not knowing what all happened...there, but none of that changes the fact that you are my Mate, or the fact that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know that sometimes I can be a burden, but I'm trying my best to recover for you."

I hadn't realized that I was crying until he reached over to wipe them away, keeping his hands cupping my jaw. "Lucinda," he whispered. "You will never be a burden. Yes, our situation is rather strange, but that doesn't stop me from loving and wanting to care for you. If you want a Queen's Ball then I shall give you the most fabulous Queen's Ball there has ever been!"

I gave him a small smile and nodded, kissing the inside of his palms. "Kiss me," I pleaded. His eyes swirled with list as his mouth descended upon mine, giving me exactly what I needed. This was how I wanted to feel for the rest of my life. Energy sizzled through my being, and I wanted more from him, but I was still afraid. If I was to breakdown while trying, Vladimir would sense what was done to me...he would know that I am Unclean, and he would toss me aside. I knew that it was wrong to keep things from your soul mate, but I couldn't risk Rejection...not after just finding him.

BONUS:
Violet Of Verish

I looked at my Mate, feeling my heart break; she was determined. "Helena, we can work this out! My brother already say that we are accepted here, we have a place-"

"I can't! Do you honestly think that I could ever feel at home here? I'm a were-shifter, Violet, I need my pack and my pack will never accept us."

"But the Moon Goddess-"

"Made a mistake," she snapped.

"Please," I whispered.

She sighed and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Violet." She walked out of the room with me following behind, still pleading, but before she made it to the front door of the house, she turned. "I, Helena of the Rosen Pack, reject you as my Mate and equal."

And with that, she ran into the forest, leaving me broken on the front steps.

A/N//:
Thank you so much for reading!
I know the only look into Violet and Helena's bond was an unpleasant one, but it is a part of the story.
Don't forget to
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Is that all for Helena and Violet?
The end is the beginning

Are we ever going to know EVERYTHING that went on when Lucinda was with Draco?
Perhaps not everything, but enough to know what it was like there

Did the Moon Goddess make a mistake pairing Violet and Helena together?
Does she ever?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 11.6K 27
Excerpt: "My smirk dimmed as I literally watched the door being ripped off its hinges. "Oh shit." I squeaked. Parker's golden eyes, meaning his wolf...
4.6K 136 20
Prologue: I woke up lying on a cold surface. I can smell the sweetest scent of roses. I can see lighted candles surrounding me in the dim light. The...
627K 21.5K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
2.9M 99.1K 57
Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous but I ignore him, I keep my eyes shut and...