Sinful

By maniellah

"Ezekiel...." I whispered softly into his ear, my crimson lips tugging into a sly smirk as I felt his body sh... More

welcome!
1| In Throni
2| Pluviæ Noctibus
3| Noctemque Monstrum
4| Pulchra Nocte
5| Peccatum
6| Ignis Grando
7| Nova Lacrimae
8| Regnaturi
9| Fiducia
10| Mihi Credite
11| Basium
13| In Silva
14| Inanis
15| Respexit
16| Quiescis
17| Timor
18| Amor Volucres
19| Dies Ultima
20| Proditione
21| De Uestitu
22| Publice Coronam Regalem
23| Paciscor Est Super
24| Mendax
25| Vendi
26| Sanguis
27| Amissis Animam Meam
28| Finis

12| Tristitia

12.1K 734 476
By maniellah

Rome's POV:

"Rome, as much as I love this," Zeke breathed out, "and as much as I would want to continue doing this...Someone's been knocking on the door for the last minute."

I pulled back from him, my lips still tingling. "I know, but we can just ignore it." I started to lean in again when he put his hands on my shoulders and pushed me back slightly.

"Come on Romeo," He got up, and started to dust his pants. His back turned to me as he neared the door. "We have plenty of time for this, and more..." He added.

"More?" I repeated, my eyebrow raising and a smiling appearing as I watched the back of his neck get red.

He turned on his heel, his eyes ever so wide.

"Listen here miss ma'am-"

"Miss ma'am?" 

"Yes, listen here. You weren't supposed to hear that." He pointed his finger at me before turning and opening the door. 

A smile appeared on my face as I watched him reach for the doorknob.

Upon opening the door, we both saw Valentine standing there with the same unemotional face he always had, and a small man by his side. I narrowed my eyes at him as I realized he was a member of the council. Zeke came by my side once more, him being equally confused as I could tell he recognized the man. His hand fell into my line of sight and I took it and lifted myself up.

"It took you both five minutes to open the door," Valentine stated, 

I rolled my eyes, "We can make it six if you walk right back out."

Valentine ignored my remark and stepped into the throne room, he brought two fingers up and signaled for the man behind him to enter as well.

"Rome, I know that you're upset about losing the throne," Valentine started as he got closer, "but don't worry, we'll make sure you get it. Soon."

I scoffed, "How? It's not like I can just kill him." 

Valentine made a face, "You can't but..."

My eyes widened, "Valentine, you are not killing him! I could never have you as my advisor then." I reasoned as I stepped closer, "Absolutely not, that's pure insanity," I turned my head, "Isn't it Ezekiel?"

He was looking down at his hands which he had contorted to spell out something, I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he snapped his head up. A joyful smile on his face as he held up his hands. 

"It spells BLOOD!" He exclaimed, "You know cause you guys are vampires."

I blinked, "Are you flashing gang signs?"

He stopped and dropped his hands, "Who's asking?"

Valentine grabbed me by my shoulders and turned me to face him, "I'm not killing him either," His eyes lifted and he looked at the man he brought into the room, "This is where you come in, Theodore."

The man nodded, with a tight-lipped smile. "Lady Rome," He acknowledged me with a small bow of his head. "We have, a plan of sorts..." His eyes quickly glanced back to Val.

"What kind of plan?"

He sighed, and began to walk towards the throne with a sad smile dressed upon his old features, "King Vincent was quite the ruler, fair, just, honest," He listed and my fists formed at my sides, "But that was some time ago, now has each year seems to pass us by like mere seconds he's grown unfair, unjust but even more bolder with his honesty."

"Yeah, he's got a big mouth." Zeke butted in.

The man gave him an unamused look and kept talking.

"But the power he holds, oh the power he holds Lady Rome," The man faced me now, "Is unfathomable."

"Get to the point," I sneered.

He gulped, "There's very few of us who want him on the throne and a lot of us who want you."

"Then you should've allowed for my coronation." I took a step forward, causing him to take a large one back.

"Whose to say we didn't. I told you." He started to shake his head, "Unfathomable power."

I sighed and moved away from him, rubbing my head as if that would alleviate any of the stress of this situation, "What do you want me to do about it? Kill him?"

He quickly shook his head, his hands raising as he neared me. "Of course not, not you."

"Then who?"

His eyes hardened, but his lips turned upwards. "There's a rebellion brewing in the council, it's hard to say who will."

"You know talk like this could get us impaled?" I crossed my arms.

He chuckled, "Lady Rome, it won't be us getting impaled."

I bit my lip, "How many of you are there?"

"More than what is needed, don't fret." He took my hand in his and I could see Zeke from the corner of my eye growing tense.

He held my hand as we began walking to the throne, my features turned downcast as I took in the throne again.

With its sparkling stones, glistening gems, shining gold. 

I made it to the steps and hiked my dress up as I took each of the steps.

The man stopped short of the throne and gestured for me to sit, I glanced back at Valentine and Zeke who both looked at me with a sense of pride in their features.

I sat down, letting go of the man's hand.

"Queen Rome," He said and I shut my eyes, "Sounds lovely doesn't it?"

I laughed, "It does."

"He has a thing against female rulers, safe to say it hurts his pride to see someone of the different sex having more or even the same amount of power he has."

"He won't have to worry," I interrupted. "If he doesn't want me as Queen, then I'll be a King."

♦♦♦

Zeke and I walked back to my room, a permanent flush on his cheeks every time I reached for his hand.

"You look adorable when you blush," I told him, a sly smile on my face.

He let out a wry laugh, "It's not a blush, it's a..." the gears in his head started shifting as he searched for a word. "You just catch me off guard a lot, okay!"

I cooed at him as I tightened my grip on his hand.

"A-Ahem."

I tore my gaze away from Zeke and to the two guards who were positioned in front of my room, I let go of his hand as I noticed that my door was open.

"The hell were you both doing in my room," I said slowly.

The man gulped, I could tell he feared me. 

"By order of the king, you are to leave this room, this castle and these grounds."

I gasped as the guard kept talking.

"Failure to do so will result in, Lady Rome, and Mr. Morris, spending the night in the castle tower as punishment for trying to disobey the king."

I stepped closer and I noticed him grow stiffer.

"You can go tell the king if he tries anything with me I will shove his crown right up his-"

Zeke grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me away from the guards.

"Thank you, we will leave soon. You can go."

I stared up at him, feeling betrayed by how he pulled me back and agreed with the king's orders.

But the guard shook his head, "Sorry sir, we aren't allowed to leave until we escort the both of you out, or to the tower."

Zeke bit the inside of his cheek but nodded nevertheless.

"Alright then-"

"Zeke..." I whispered, still in his hold.

The guards bowed and moved out of the way, allowing us to walk in.

I snapped my head back as Zeke pushed me in, "I demand that you call my cousin!" I yelled over my shoulder, "I will not leave until Valentine arrives!"

I found myself staring at my clothes as I realized Zeke had taken me into the closet.

He covered my mouth with his hand, "Romeo, shut up."

I gave him a fiery response but it was all muffled.

"I know it hurts you to just up and leave, but you have to remember..." He raised his eyebrows, his action reminding me of our plan. "If he wants us out, we comply."

"This is my castle, this is my home!"

He grabbed my shoulders and started rubbing them.

"He only has the power he holds now because I made him regent! He can't do this!" I whisper-yelled.

I heard rustling from outside before I heard a voice that belonged to Valentine.

"Let me in." I heard him say.

I stepped out of the closet, Zeke's hands falling from my arms.

"Let him in, or you'll be meeting with my fury instead of the kings." I narrowed my eyes at them and they allowed Val to enter.

He pushed past them, purposefully hitting one of them with his shoulder. I walked towards him and he walked towards me.

"Val, they can't just kick me out!" I whispered, my voice sounded panicked.

"Shh," He tried quieting me, "You don't have much time, I just left with a meeting with the King, he doesn't plan on letting you leave, it's all a plot he has to further humiliate you when he throws you in a cell."

"He had a meeting?!"

He ignored what I said and grabbed me by the arm directing me towards the closet where he pulled out a suitcase. 

"desistent a cogitationibus suis control vos relinquam vos have ut nunc." He spoke rapidly, knowing that the guards wouldn't be able to understand his latin.

(they plan to control you, you have to leave now.)

"Val where would I go?" I asked him as I shoved my clothes in the suitcase.

He clamped the top of it down, zipping it up as he placed it on the ground. "I've already arranged for a place for you and Zeke. But it's far, the king plans to spread propaganda against you across the country."

Zeke who was quiet this entire time finally spoke, "Yo, what crawled up his ass and died?"

Valentine left my side and walked over to Ezekiel, "Zeke, I'm trusting you with the life of my cousin, and the Queen. You protect her with your entire being or I won't be merciful."

"Valentine!" I exclaimed.

He pulled away from Zeke to look at me, "You'll be staying with your 11th great-grand-niece." 

"And they'll just let us? I don't even know who they are and where they live!"

Zeke's face contorted, "11th great grand-niece..." he whispered.

"Bulgaria, and they own a small boarding house, they are desperate for boarders." Valentine rushed out as he took me towards the door, "The king doesn't expect you to leave in time, I'd say you have less than five minutes to get the hell out of here."

I dragged the suitcase behind me as Valentine and Zeke ran by my side as we pushed by the guards who began chasing after us, demanding that we stop. We went towards the maids quarters where we would sneak out of the castle discreetly.

As we ran down the stairs the fabric of my dress got snagged by my shoes and I almost toppled over and fell, I growled as I ripped the bottom part of my dress and tossed it to the side as we continued our mad dash.

Upon arriving at the back door, I saw that there was already a car and a driver waiting patiently for us. Zeke took my bag and quickly walked to the back of the car and shoved it into the trunk.

I snapped my attention to Valentine, "Promise me, that you'll take care of Noelle and Camille." I whispered, "Tell them I'm sorry for leaving like this."

His eyes softened and he pulled me into a hug, I froze for a second before wrapping my arms around him.

"Take care cousin, we'll meet soon."

I let go of his embrace and nodded at him, before I dashed towards the car, and threw myself into the car while slamming the door. The driver immediately took off, the wheels leaving skid marks on the pavement.

I threw my head in my hands as I felt anger and hurt boil in me.

A movement was heard next to me and I turned my head to face Zeke, who had a look of utter concentration on his face.

"Romeo..."

"Mhhm."

His eyebrows furrowed as he turned to face me too. 

"Your old ass was born in the 16th century?"

♦♦♦

Oh gee golly, i am so sorry for not updating!! but i just couldn't write this chapter it just got soooooooo boring, so i was like aeyyyyee let spice this shit up.

this wasn't even a part of the story, so now I have to go back and alter some things that I had planned for this book jhdhd

i hope y'all enjoyeeeeeeedd 

-mani♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 36K 55
His pupils dialate and a smirk shudders my whole body just looking at it. He lowers his head and burries his head in my neck. A slight gasp leaves my...
838 3 38
'I don't want to lose him' Freyja thought as he sat beside her, 'I don't want someone to take him from me'. 'She's mine!' Ezekiel thought possessivel...
5.9K 315 58
This is book one of the series. Jordan shifts slightly in my lap so she can see my face. "Liam, I want you to mark me." She bluntly states and expose...
5.4K 88 10
Rory just settled into her new adopted home and started her new school. Through her very bubbly personality, a bit of sass and happy spirit she hides...