Becoming the Alpha Queen

By Zodiac_Gate

My name is Cynthia and I'm one of the daughters of the Alpha of the Winter Breeze Pack. I'm strong, independ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Part 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 7

5.8K 240 10
By Zodiac_Gate

Once I was back in my seat, my dad faced the front of the crowd and let out a long, beautiful howl, commanding the attention of everyone that was gathered. The crowd looked up in unison, focusing their attention on my dads powerful presence.

"Ladies and GentleWolves, thank you for your attention!" he said, his voice booming across the open field. "I would like to extend a warm welcome from the Winter Breeze pack to our Night Star brothers. I would also like to express both Alpha Abhay and my own gratitude towards all of you that came to see the shifting of the heirs and future leaders of both packs, as well as to celebrate the 18th birthdays of Tanya, my oldest daughter and Alpha heir to Winter Breeze, and Ciro, Abhay's son and Alpha heir to Night Star." He paused, letting the howls from those gathered below slowly die. "Please continue eating adn enjoying each others company. The main Shifting Ceremony will begin shortly."

He smiled and waved to everybody, making sure to make eye contact with some of Night Stars wolves to let them know that he acknowledged their presence. As soon as I noticed that he was on his way back to his seat, I stood up and wandered over to the Alphas table. Noticing that my moms seat was still empty, I decided to take her spot until she got back.

"Hey dad!" I said smiling at him and taking my moms seat. "Good evening Alpha Abhay, Alpha Acantha." I continued, nodding and smiling at each one in turn.

"Hey, Sin! Long time no see! How is Alpha training going for you?" Acantha said, trying to make small talk.

Before I could reply, Alpha Abhay cut in. "She doesn't have Alpha training anymore dearest. Remember, Tanya will be taking Alpha title so the highest title this little girl could go for is Lead Assassin for her sister." he sneered.

"Abhay, don't be so rude!" Acantha cried, an apologetic look on her face.

"Yes Abhay, there is no need for such talk. We are here to celebrate a Shifting, not worry about pack status. Besides, the Alpha Blood is strong in my daughter, and you know wolves like that will go crazy if they don't lead. So I was actually thinking I would giver her a piece of my territory when she turns 18 so that she can start her own pack." my father mused, munching on the pork bun I had given him earlier. "So I guess I will have to continue her Alpha training."

Alpha Abhay glared at my dad but he pretended not to notice. Besides, there was no need to ruin such a grand occasion with a fight. I smiled politely and replied to Acantha's question, trying to diffuse the tension that had suddenly appeared in the air. We chatted lightly for a few minutes, catching up on what had happened since we had last seen each other. Suddenly, Kasei popped into my head.

Hey, Sin. I know you're having fun with the big bad wolves over there, but I just saw mom on her way up and trust me, she does NOT look happy. Someone must've told her you took her spot at the table. I think you should get your butt back over here, before she manages to come up here and bites your head off.

I looked over in his direction and nodded, thanking him silently for the warning. I stood up quickly, excusing myself from the Alphas presence, trying to find a reasonable excuse for my sudden departure. I bent down to hug my dad before I left.

"What's wrong?" he whispered. "You look scared."

"The she-monster is coming." I whispered.

My dad let out a low growl. "Look Sin, I know you two aren't on the best of terms but you need to respect her! She is your mom though apparently neither of you want to accept it. Stop being so childish."

He leaned back and looked at me sternly. I knew he wasn't mad at me, he was just irritated that I had called my mom a "she-monster". I sighed and looked down.

"Yes Father." I whispered.

I calmly nodded a goodbye to Acantha, not even bothering to look in Alpha Abhays direction. I had just started to step away from the table when I saw a flash of red at the top of the staircase that led to the top of the rock. I took a deep breath to calm down and started to make my way back to the table where my friends were sitting, hoping that my mom hadn't seen me. I was a few feet away from reaching my seat when I felt her presence behind me. At the same time, Kasei looked up at me and I saw his eyes visibly widen. I took another deep breath and turned around.

To say my mom was mad would be an understatement. Her hair was messed up (though it still looked nice...as if she'd ever let her anger get the better of her looks) her pale skin was flushed a deep red and she was breathing heavily, which I assumed meant that she had run up the stairs to see if I really was at the table.

"Hello Mother," I said as calmly as I could. "Is there something I can help you with?"

I saw her nostrils flare and her eyebrows scrunch together in anger. Suddenly she grabbed my arm and yanked me closer to her. I gasped in pain, her nails digging into my skin through the sheer material that made up the sleeves of my dress.

"How dare you!" she hissed, her voice low. "You took my seat next to your father! I saw it! You should not be allowed to talk to any Alpha! They are higher ranked than you even though you have Alpha Blood. Be sure to remember your place, girl, or you will regret it!"

With that said, she released me arm and sauntered toward the Alpha table. I stared after her, physically shaking from the way she had grabbed me. Slowly, I came out of it, finally being able to stop the pounding of my heart. I sighed, straightened my shoulders and walked the feet that were left to my table. I plastered a smile onto my face and took my seat in between Nyx and Daren. Everyone looked up when I sat down but continued with whatever they were talking about it. Gabriel and Reza were telling everyone some story about Ciro, which caused Ciro to blush lightly and try and defend his manliness. Everyone seemed to be laughing and having a good time, so I was happy to lean back and enjoy the (if temporary) friendship with the Night Star wolves.

"Hey uh Sin?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at Daren who was looking at me in concern.

"Yea, Dare? Whats up?"

"Uhm your arm is bleeding..."

"Hmm?" I looked down at the arm that my mother had so harshly grabbed and realized he was right. I had five crescent moon shaped nail marks on my arm all of which were bleeding profusely. The material on my dress sleeves was ripped as well but I didn't care.

"Oh...will you look at that." I laughed lightly.

"Are you hurt?" Daren asked in concern.

"Uh no not really I should be fine in a minute. Look, its already healing." I replied, watching the open wounds begin to close on their own.

Daren nodded slowly and shrugged. "If you say so."

We both turned our attention back to whatever wild story Gabriel was telling and I realized that at the same time, he was arm wrestling Altair, and though neither of then were breaking a sweat, I could see their muscles tensing and their veins start to pop out. I smiled and the thought that everyone could be friends but knew that I wouldn't happen. A sudden clap of thunder interrupted my thoughts and I knew that the time was up.

"Looks like that's our cue!" Reza said, standing up. The guys quickly readjusted their sleeves and straightened their ties, Tanya just fixed her skirt and hair. A light sprinkle descended upon the clearing and everyone quieted down. Nobody had bothered to bring and umbrella because we wouldn't get wet. The rain was just so that the wolfs paw print that was in the center of the rock could fill up with the water that the Wolf Spirit had sent for the ceremony. Everyone's attention was on the paw print as the amount of water began to rise. The print was deep, much deeper than it looked and very wide, so everyone was standing in silence for a few minutes while it filled up.

Just as the water reached the edge of the impression, it flashed an electric blue, which was echoed in the sky by a flash of lighting. And, just like that, the rain stopped. The silence continued, as a gentle breeze made the leaves rustle. Suddenly, from the forest, a chorus of howls rose, more beautiful and haunting than anything I had ever heard. I could hear the sadness in the sound, but also the excitement that reflected my own emotions. And that's when I realized that the howls were more animalistic, more wild than any sound a werewolf pack could make. The chill that I got that made my hairs stand on end and the six pairs of eyes that appeared, glowing through the darkness of the forest surrounding us, let me know that the wolves my sister and the guys would be shifting into were present and that the Shifting Ceremony was about to begin.

°

°

°

Hey pups! Sorry for such a long wait! Ive been busy with school but I hope this makes up for it! :) don't hate me! Anyway! So also today is a day of celebration! I got 100 reads! OMG you guys I never really expected this (well I kinda did..I wanted it soooo bad lol) but still! You guys are awesome! Thanks for..reading lol Seriously tho guys! Comment, vote, Message me anything! (To those girls that gave me the first 3 votes...Thank you so much! you have no idea how happy I was to see that notification! It made my whole week!) :) Im more than happy to answer! Also more good news! I will try to start an updating routine.... ill update on fridays since ill have homework the rest of the week. AAAANNNDD the next chapter will be the SHIFTING CEREMONY! It wont be your regular shifting but hopefully itll be cool! Last thing! There is one week and a day till my birthday! Ooh im excited ^.^ Anyways guys! Have an awesome weekend!

I LOVE YOU! I MEAN IT!

~AngelOfTheStorm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179 0 128
Two Alphas... Two packs... One Goddess... One purpose... One would think things would get simpler after we were mated, but peace in a world hellbent...
46 4 9
Born a leader, only to exist on her own All she knew was how to survive. How to protect herself and the ground she walked on. But an alpha can only d...
168K 4.9K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...
172K 5K 30
(Warning I wrote this when I was 12/13) My mate is the Alpha the only problem is I'm human. I've just escaped from my dad that abused me and moved to...