Miss Gryffindor || h. potter...

Per beachsideviews

๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ || "I love you, you idiot!" ฯŸ Besides daring, nerve, and chivalry, Gryffindor... Mรฉs

before you read
epigraph
prologue
- 1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
- 10
11
12
13
14
15
- 16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
- 30
31
32
33
34
35
36

37

1.4K 36 16
Per beachsideviews

ARIA SAT IN THE GREAT HALL WITH HER FRIENDS THE NEXT MORNING observing their schedules. 
"Today's not bad . . . outside all morning," said Ron, who was running his finger down the Monday column of his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures . . . damn it, we're still with the Slytherins."
"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned looking down defeated Aria frowned knowing that Divination was his least favorite subject, apart from Potions as Professor Trelawney kept predicting Harry's death which he often ranted to Aria about because he found it extremely annoying. 
"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" Hermione stated knowingly spreading some butter on her toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy." 
"You're eating again, I notice." Ron stated noticing Hermione was adding jam to her toast too. 
"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," Hermione acknowledged knowingly 

"Yeah... and you were hungry." Ron replied grinning causing Aria to let out a small laugh but quickly covered it when Hermione sent her a warning glance. There was a sudden noise of rustling above them gaining the group's attention as a hundred owls came soaring through the open window carrying the morning mail. Aria didn't bother looking up as she already knew that everyone who would've sent her a letter was already in this room. However, there was still part of her that wished that Sirius would've written to her about anything even just to check up on her. But unfortunately she knew that it was very unlikely that that was the case. Later, she stood in Herbology listening to Professor Sprout lecture them about some interesting looking plants that reminded her of thick, black giant slugs. 
"Bubotubers," Professor Sprout announced "They need squeezing. You will collect the pus —"
"The what ???" Seamus spat out in disgust 
"Pus, Finnigan, Pus." Professor Sprout stated rolling her eyes "and it's extremely valuable, so don't waste it. You will collect the pus, I say, in these bottles. Wear your dragon-hide gloves; it can do funny things to the skin when undiluted, bubotuber pus"

Squeezing the bubotubers was disgusting in Aria's opinion but as she finished her last bottle she handed it off to Professor Sprout who thankfully took it and continued stoppering the last bottle with a cork. Shortly after, a booming bell echoed from the castle signaling the end of the lesson causing the students to leave the room and go on their separate ways. The Gryffindor class, headed down the sloping lawn towards Hagrid's small wooden cabin. Aria immediately noticed Hagrid who was standing outside his hut with Fang in one hand and wooden crates on the ground at his feet. 

As they drew closer, an odd rattling noise reached their ears.
"Mornin'!" Hagrid greeted grinning at Harry, Ron, Aria and Hermione. 
"Be'er wait fer the Slytherins, they won' want ter miss this — Blast-Ended Skrewts!" Hagrid informed the group causing Ron to raise a curious eyebrow. 

"Come again?" Ron questioned this caused Hagrid to point down into the crates. 
"Eurgh!" Lavender Brown squealed jumping backward. 

This gained Aria's attention as she peeked into the crates herself,  they looked like deformed, shell-less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy-looking, with legs sticking out in very odd places and no visible heads. There were about a hundred of them in each crate, each about six inches long, crawling over one another, bumping blindly into the sides of the boxes. They were giving off a very powerful smell of rotting fish. Every now and then, sparks would fly out of the end of a skrewt, and with a small phut, it would be propelled forward several inches.

"On'y jus' hatched," said Hagrid proudly, "so yeh'll be able ter raise 'em yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!"
"And why would we want to raise them?" said a cold voice causing Aria to immediately roll her eyes in response as the Slytherins arrived.

Hagrid looked stumped at the question causing Aria to frown as she saw her friend's excitement diminish. 

"I mean, what do they do?" Draco asked "What is the point of them?" 
Hagrid opened his mouth, apparently thinking hard; there was a few seconds' pause, then he said roughly, "Tha's next lesson, Malfoy. Yer jus' feedin' 'em today. Now, yeh'll wan' ter try 'em on a few diff'rent things — I've never had 'em before, not sure what they'll  go fer — I got ant eggs an' frog livers an' a bit o' grass snake — just try 'em out with a bit of each." 

Aria and her friends went to feed the strange creatures and as the girl picked up handfuls of frog livers she cringed at the texture in her hands before walking over and lowering them into the crates. 

"Ouch!" Dean Thomas exclaimed after about ten minutes "it got me!" 
Hagrid hurried over to him, looking anxious.
"Its end exploded!" Dean exclaimed angrily showing Hagrid a burn on his hand. 
"Ah, yeah, that can happen when they blast off." Hagrid stated with a nod causing Aria to raise a surprised eyebrow in response. 

"Eurgh!" Lavender exclaimed once again "Eurgh, Hagrid, what's that point thing on it?" 
"Ah, some of 'em have got stings," Hagrid responded enthusiastically causing Lavender to quickly withdraw her hand from the box. 
"I reckon they're the males. . . . The females've got sorta sucker things on their bellies. . . . I think they might be ter suck blood" Hagrid informed the group 
"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive" Draco commented sarcasm laced in his voice. "Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?"

"Just because they're not very pretty, it doesn't mean they're not useful." Aria snapped at the boy becoming fed up with his unneeded commentary. 
"Aria's right. Dragon blood's amazingly magical, but you wouldn't want a dragon for a pet, would you?" Hermione added on

About an hour later the four friends made their way back up to the castle for lunch.

"Well, at least the skrewts are small" Ron acknowledged
"They are now." Hermione exasperated "but once Hagrid's found out what they eat, I expect they'll be six feet long."
"Well, that won't matter if they turn out to cure seasickness or something, will it?" Ron grinned slyly at the her. 
"You know perfectly well Aria and I only said those things to shut Malfoy up." Hermione informed causing Aria to nod 
"It's true, I really do hate the sound of his voice." 

This caused Harry to grin at her reply as Hermione continued, "As a matter of fact I think he's right. The best thing to do would be to stamp on the lot of them before they start attacking us all." 

The group managed to make their way into the great hall where they sat down at the Gryffindor table. Aria immediately began to help herself to the lamb chops and potatoes that were laid out in front of her. When she suddenly noticed Hermione shoving her food into her mouth at lighting speed which was so unusual for her that even Ron and Harry stared at her shocked. 
"Er — is this the new stand on elf rights? You're going to make yourself puke instead?" Ron questioned 

"No," Hermione shook her head in reply "I just want to get to the library." 
"What?" Ron asked in disbelief "Hermione — it's the first day back! We haven't even got homework yet!"
Hermione only shrugged in response and continued to shovel down her food. Then in seconds she leapt to her feet and exclaimed, "See you at dinner!" before darting off at high speed. This caused Aria to raise an eyebrow at her friends actions causing her to chuckle. 

For the rest of lunch Aria and her friends talked and shared stories until it was time to go to their next class. The boys headed to Divination and Aria headed to Arithmancy. Professor Mcgonagall and Professor Dumbledore has both made the exception of allowing Hermione and Aria to drop Divination if they were willing to replace it with one of the following classes Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, or Muggle Studies. Hermione had convinced the girl to switch to Arithmancy with her so she'd have someone to study with and so of course, Aria agreed.

After they finished their Arithmancy class, the two girls headed down the hallway to the Great Hall for dinner. They chatted about their classes until Hermione spotted the boys and she grabbed the girls hand and the two ran to catch up to them. 

"That'll take all weekend, that will..." Aria heard Ron finish bitterly
"Lots of homework?" Hermione commented brightly dropping the girls hand once they got next to the guys as she continued, "Professor Vector didn't give us any at all!"
"Well, bully for Professor Vector." Ron stated in an irritated voice causing Aria to frown. 
"Well isn't somebody in a mood." Aria murmured causing Ron to send her a sarcastic smile as Harry chuckled under his breath at the interaction as they reach the entrance hall joining the end of the line of the students who were waiting for dinner. 

"Weasley! Hey, Weasley!" an annoying voice called out causing the group to turn around to see Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle standing there looking thoroughly pleased about something. 

"What?" Ron asked shortly 
"Your dad's in the paper, Weasley!" Draco dramatically spoke making sure everyone in the entrance hall could hear, "Listen to this! FURTHER MISTAKES AT THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC. It seems as though the Ministry of Magic's troubles are not yet at an end, writesRita Skeeter, Special Correspondent. Recently under fire for its poorcrowd control at the Quidditch World Cup, and still unable to account for thedisappearance of one of its witches, the Ministry was plunged into freshembarrassment yesterday by the antics of Arnold Weasley, of the Misuse ofMuggle Artifacts Office." 

Draco looked up as he finished reading as he continued to urge the boy on, "Imagine them not even getting his name right, Weasley. It's almost as though he'sa complete nonentity, isn't it?" 

Draco then went to straighten the paper and continue to read on, "Arnold Weasley, who was charged with possession of a flying car two years ago,was yesterday involved in a tussle with several Muggle law-keepers ("policemen")over a number of highly aggressive dustbins. Mr. Weasley appears to have rushedto the aid of "Mad-Eye" Moody, the aged ex-Auror who retired from the Ministrywhen no longer able to tell the difference between a handshake and attemptedmurder. Unsurprisingly, Mr. Weasley found, upon arrival at Mr. Moody's heavilyguarded house, that Mr. Moody had once again raised a false alarm. Mr. Weasleywas forced to modify several memories before he could escape from thepolicemen, but refused to answer Daily Prophet questions about why he hadinvolved the Ministry in such an undignified and potentially embarrassing scene. And there's a picture, Weasley!"

Draco exclaimed amusement lacing his face as he flipped the paper over and held it up so everyone could see. 

"A picture of your parents outside their house - if you can call it a house!Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?" Draco snickered at this point Ron was shaking with fury and everyone was staring at him. 

Aria let out a dry chuckle as she stepped forward, "Why don't you go ahead and shove off Malfoy, okay? Because trust me, you out of all people don't want to talk about parents -"

Harry's eyes widened in realization knowing that she was probably going to spill some of her secrets about her family in the heat of the moment and then regret them later. So the boy grabbed the girl and pulled her back gently pushing her behind him. 
"Get stuff, Malfoy." Harry seethed "C'mon, Ron..."

"Oh yeah, you were staying with them this summer, weren't you, Potter?" Draco sneered "You too, huh Anderson? So tell me you two, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?"
"You know your mother, Malfoy?" Harry spat as Hermione and him had grabbed the back of Ron's robes to stop him from launching himself at Draco as the other hand kept Aria behind him. "that expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she alwayslooked like that, or was it just because you were with her?"

Draco's pale face went pink, "Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter."
"Keep your fat mouth shut, then." Harry spat turning away as Aria couldn't help but glance at Harry, feeling proud. Causing him to smile softly back in return a hint of redness on his cheeks. 

But it was suddenly interrupted by a loud bang causing several people to scream. Aria flinched, but when she realized it didn't impact her she looked up to see who it did and then that's when she saw his shocked face. Harry immediately went to grab his wand inside his robe, but before he could even touch it he heard a second loud bang. 

"OH NO YOU DON'T, LADDIE!"  

The group spun around confused to see Professor Moody was limping down the marble staircase and his wand was out as he pointed it right at a pure white ferret which was shivering on the stone floor exactly where Draco had been standing. Aria covered her mouth in realization as she tried to retain her laughter as a terrified silence flooded over them, a squeeze was sent through her arm causing her to look down to see that Harry still hadn't let go of the girl. Aria took this as a sign to shut up and she did as she bit her lip to keep herself from smiling, Moody turned to look at Harry. 

"Did he get you?" Moody growled 
"No, missed." Harry responded honestly 
"LEAVE IT!" Moody shouted randomly causing some people around them to jump 
"Leave- what?" Harry asked confused 

"Not you - him!" Moody pointedly exclaimed jerking his thumb over his shoulder at Crabbe,who had just frozen, about to pick up the white ferret. It seemed that Moody'srolling eye was magical and could see out of the back of his head. Moody started to limp toward Crabbe, Goyle, and the ferret, which gave a terrifiedsqueak and took off, streaking toward the dungeons. 
"I don't think so!" Moody roared, pointing his want at the ferret again causing it to fly ten feet into the air then fall with a smack to the floor before bouncing upward once more. 
"I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned." Moody sneered as the ferret bounced higher and higher "Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do... Never - do - that - again -," 

"Professor Moody!" a shocked voice echoed through the castle as she headed down the marble staircase with her arms full of books. 
"Hello, Professor McGonagall," Moody greeted calmly still bouncing the ferret higher and higher. 

"What - what are you doing?" Professor McGonagall questioned confused as her eyes followed the bouncing ferret through the air. 
"Teaching," Moody spoke causing Aria to snicker which made Hermione nudge her. 

"Teach - Moody, is that a student?" Professor McGonagall shrieked as the books spilled out of her arms.  
"Yep." Moody responded casually 
"No!" Professor McGonagall cried before she ran down the stairs and pulled out her wand, seconds later Draco reappeared, lying on a heap on the floor. The boy got to his feet, wincing. 

"Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment! Surely Professor Dumbledore told you that?" Professor McGonagall stated knowingly 
"He might've mentioned it, yeah." Moody recalled scratching his chin unconcernedly, "but I thought a good sharp shock -" 
"We give detentions, Moody! Or speak to the offender's Head of House!" Professor McGonagall informed 
"I'll do that, then." Moody murmured staring at Draco with a great dislike. Draco's eyes were still watering with pain and humiliation, looked up hesitantly at Moody and muttered something in which the words "myfather" were distinguishable. 

"Oh yeah?" Moody questioned quietly as he limped forward a few steps "Well, I know your father of old, boy... . Youtell him Moody's keeping a close eye on his son. . . you tell him that from me. . . .Now, your Head of House'll be Snape, will it?" 
"Yes," Draco responded resentfully 
"Another old friend," Moody growled "I've been looking forward to a chat withold Snape. . . . Come on, you. . ." 

The man had then seized Draco's upper arm and marched him off toward the dungeons. Professor McGonagall stared at them anxiously for a few moments before she waved her wand at her fallen books, causing them to soar up into the air and back into her arms. 

The group then headed to the great hall, and took their seats. 
"Don't talk to me," Ron stated quietly to his friends 
"Why not?" Hermione asked surprised
"Because I want to fix that in my memory forever." Ron grinned with his eyes closed "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret." 

The three laughed in response as Hermione began to serve beef casserole on each of their plates. 
"He could have really hurt Malfoy, though. It was good, really, that Professor McGonagall stopped it -" Hermione spoke from next to Aria causing her to briefly roll her eyes 
"Hermione!" Ron exclaimed furiously his eyes snapping open "You're ruining the best moment of my life!" 

Hermione made an impatient noise and began to eat at top speed again. 
"Don't tell me you're going back to the library this evening?" Harry asked watching the girl 
"Got to," Hermione stated "Loads to do." 
"But you told us Professor Vector -" Harry began 
"It's not schoolwork," Hermione noted and within fie minutes she had cleared her plate and departed. Within seconds her seat was taken by Fred. 

"Moody!" Fred exclaimed "how cool is he?" 
"Beyond cool," George stated sitting down the opposite side of Aria. 
"Supercool," Lee added sliding into the seat besides George 
"We had him this afternoon," Lee informed Harry, Aria and Ron. 
"What was it like?" Harry asked eagerly causing Fred, George, and Lee to exchange looks. 
"Never had a lesson like it," Fred acknowledged as he stole a bread roll from Aria's plate who glared at him in return as the boy plopped it in his mouth with a smile. 

"He knows man," Lee stated 
"Knows what?" Ron asked leaning forward 
"Knows what it's like to be out there doing it," George stated impressively 
"Doing what?" Harry and Aria asked at the same time causing them to glance at each other before quickly looked away. 
"Fighting the Dark Arts," Fred stated glancing at the two's interaction knowingly as he furrowed his eyebrows in thought. 

"He's seen it all," George added on grabbing the groups attention 
"Mazing," Lee commented this caused Ron to dive into his bag for his schedule. 
"We haven't got him till Thursday!" Ron groaned in a disappointed voice. 

"It'll come before you know it," George stated helpfully 
"and when it does, you won't be disapointed." Fred finished grinning at his brother. After a little longer conversation between the group, George finally spoke up after getting a knowing glance from his twin.

"Mind if we borrow this lovely lady for a while? We are in dire need of Aria's expertise." George asked the two boys in front of him as he gestured towards Aria.

Aria laughed, giving Harry a playful glance before addressing the twins. "What do you need help with this time?"
Fred winked at this "It's a secret, love. Top-secret."
George added with a smirk, "But don't worry, we'll return her in one piece. Eventually."

Aria glanced at the boys, her eyes lingering for longer on Harry. Her gaze filled with an apologetic look that didn't go unnoticed by Fred. 
"Sorry guys, I'll meet up with you soon okay?"

The guys agreed, reassuring the girl it was okay and so Fred, George, and Lee led Aria outside, where the cool evening air greeted them. After about an hour of brainstorming ideas to get around the Age Line that Dumbledore had placed around the Goblet of Fire, they came up with a plan that was decent enough. With their mission accomplished, they decided to just hang out and chat. Aria couldn't help but notice that Fred kept stealing glances at her. As Lee and George headed back to the castle, Aria and Fred hung back.

Aria turned to Fred, concerned. "Are you okay, Fred? You seem a bit off tonight."
Fred looked into her eyes, his expression softening. "I've just missed you, Ace. A lot."
Aria frowned at this feeling guilty for not being around the twins and Lee as much as the trio. She gently touched the boys arm staring into his eyes, "I promise I'll try to be around more often." 

Fred nodded at this in reply offering the girl his arm which she accepted. The group ended up making their way towards the Gryffindor common room where they spent the rest of them spending quality time with one another. In minutes, the golden trio found their ways towards the group and joined them. They even tested Aria's advanced powers out - that her and Hermione have been practicing with on the sidelines of their regular classes - much to Hermione's dismay as she thought it was unsafe which she was soon proven to be very correct about as Aria accidentally burnt one of the blankets near by. But Hermione quickly put it out before the fire could spread. Eventually, Professor McGonagall made her way up to the common room in her robe and scolded them for being up so late and ordered them to go to bed. The students of course had to oblige so as a group they headed to their respected rooms and each other eventually fell into a deep sleep. 

[edited: yes! (10/28/23)]

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.1K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
19.9K 321 48
Title pretty much says it. I do take requests. There will be warnings. Mainly guys, I don't own any of these characters JK Rowling does. โœŒ๏ธ,E Most i...
37K 829 29
"๐ผ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข, ๐น๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘‘๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘’!" Y/N and Fred have been best friends since Fred's second year. They've been shoving their feelings fo...
4.6M 147K 103
โžฅCOMPLETED โFred Weasley! You're such a pain in the arse!โž, she yelled, throwing her hands up furiously, but he just smirked with the usual mischievo...