Four Horsemen of the Apocalyp...

By CelestialShadowWolf

Final Fantasy XV x Reader Book one in the short "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" series Noctis x Reader **Sm... More

|| One ||
|| Two ||
|| Three ||
|| Four ||
|| Five ||
|| Six ||
|| Seven ||
|| Eight ||
|| Nine ||
|| Ten ||
|| Eleven ||
|| Twelve ||
|| Thirteen ||
|| Fourteen ||
|| Fifteen ||
|| Sixteen ||
|| Seventeen ||
|| Eighteen ||
|| Nineteen ||
|| Twenty ||
|| Twenty-One ||
|| Twenty-Two ||
|| Twenty-Three ||

|| Twenty-Four ||

2.5K 71 8
By CelestialShadowWolf

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse summoned their four steeds—Thanatos, Erra, Limos, and Montu. Noctis rode with Death, Prompto with Famine, Gladio with War, and Ignis rode with Pestilence. They rode to Insomnia, easily avoiding the daemons blocking their path to the city. The four girls could feel the tug of their summoning orbs as they rode further and further from Hammerhead.

Arriving in the city, the party was greeted by an onslaught of powerful daemons. Fortunately, the Horsemen's abilities were enough to keep them at bay as they rode through the streets of Insomnia. They reached the Citadel, but a various array of daemons blocked their way inside.

"Great..." War grumbled as Montu scuffed his hoof into the pavement below, nodding his head in agreement with a neigh.

"Never said this was gonna be easy," Famine stated.

"Nothing is ever easy," (Y/n) comments to her sisters.

"May I?" Pestilence asked calmly, ignoring the approaching daemons.

"You've got a plan?" Gladio inquired.

The white-haired girl nodded. "You four need to make it to the throne room inside the Citadel. My sisters and I will create an opening, allowing you all to reach the building."

"We're not gonna—!" Noctis started.

Death quickly interrupted him. "We are immortal. We've faced more daemons than you four will ever in a lifetime. We know their weaknesses and their strengths. Trust us, Noctis. We'll meet you inside soon enough."

Reluctantly, Noctis nodded. The Four Horsemen hopped off their steeds, shortly followed by the boys riding with them. They eyed the daemons that were stalking towards them, teeth and weapons ready to tear into their flesh.

War summoned a bow and took out a daemon with a single arrow to the head. She smirked, switching her aim to another enemy. Famine called upon an intricately designed blade before jumping into the action with her red-haired sister. Pestilence summoned a staff, tapping the end twice against the asphalt below. A powerful gust of wind pushed the oncoming horde of daemons away from everyone.

(Y/n) summoned her scythe, slinging it across her shoulder. She turned to face the four boys, who wanted to fight alongside the Horsemen. "When you see an opening, take it." She joined the fray and decapitated an Iron Giant before moving to aid her sisters in any way possible.

"We're not seriously gonna let them take on all these daemons by themselves, are we?" Prompto asked.

"We've no choice in the matter, Prompto," Ignis responded.

"They can handle themselves. For now, we wait," Gladio added.

The boys watched as Pestilence and Famine took down a few Red Giants in the blink of an eye. Death and War handled a powerful Arumusha, who managed to get a few hits in before vanishing into nothingness.

Noctis found an opening and ran towards the Citadel with Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis close behind. They pushed open the heavy doors and quickly closed them when a daemon tore its gaze from the Horsemen and set its sight on them. Luckily, the door sealed before the creature could attack.

Suddenly, a body came crashing through the wall beside the door. The person rolled against the floor before their back collided with another wall. The wall crumbled down upon the person, causing the boys to worry.

The person pushed through the rubble with a groan, revealing themselves. It was Famine. She saw the worried looks on their faces and offered them a smile. "I'm fine."

War appeared in the hole in the wall and nodded towards the royal retinue. "Take them to the throne room. There's bound to be some daemons hiding within the building."

"Just take care of what's outside. I've got them covered," Famine reassures her fiery-tempered sister. War vanished and rejoined Death and Pestilence in the courtyard.

The blonde-haired Horseman brushes off the dust from her clothes and summons her blade. "Follow me, gentlemen."

"You know where you're goin'?" Noctis questioned, curious as to how Famine knew her way through the Citadel.

"Of course I do. My sisters and I have visited the Citadel many times. You just haven't seen us because our meetings with King Regis were secretive and only a few people had knowledge of our existence. His Majesty only trusted three people with this knowledge because he feared one of his trusted allies was plotting against him. It's a shame to see his fear became reality."

"Yeah..." Noctis melancholically sighed.

The wall to their left was pummeled into a pile of debris as a couple of reapers obscured their path. Famine immediately charged in while the boy's summoned their weapons to provide assistance. Noctis, Ignis, and Gladio jumped into the fray alongside the Horseman while Prompto kept his distance with his pistol.

Famine decapitated one of the reapers, but the other one swung its scythe at her. Prompto saw she was oblivious of the incoming attack and ran to her side, tackling her to safety. They rolled across the marble floor, coming to a stop just a few feet from the throne room. Noctis, Gladio, and Ignis finished off the daemon while Prompto released his hold on the girl. "Y-You okay?"

The Horseman smiled sweetly at him. "I'm fine. You do know I'm immortal, right?"

"W-Well..." He nervously stuttered. "That still doesn't mean I want to see you get hurt."

Famine giggled at his response, her smile widening. "Now I know where the gods dumped all their sweetness."

"On your feet!" Gladio roared. More daemons were pouring into the Citadel through the hole the reapers created. Death, Pestilence, and War regrouped with the boys and Famine, taking down the onslaught of daemons.

"We can't keep this up," Pestilence stated.

"Get into the throne room, now!" (Y/n) demanded. The boys and her sisters listened, avoiding the daemons that were trying to swarm them.

Once inside the grand room, the four Horsemen sewed the door and combined their mana to create a temporary lock. "That'll hold for a few minutes," War exclaimed. "We need to make this quick."

"Once the Starscourge has been vanquished, the sun will deal with the daemons for us," Pestilence stated.

"Then let's bring the Crystal home," Famine smiled.

Noctis stood beside (Y/n), watching as she and her sisters used their connection to the summoning orbs to bring the Crystal back to where it belongs. A bright light filled the throne room for a few seconds before dissipating. The Crystal, which was once stolen, stood in the spot where it belonged. All the Horsemen sighed, exhausted from the massive amount of mana they used.

(Y/n) felt her body was weak and she grabbed ahold of Noctis' sleeve, catching the prince's attention. "Now... it's your turn, Your Majesty."

"The rightful king shall sit upon the throne and purge the world of the Starscourge," the four Horsemen said in unison.

Silently, Noctis nodded and summoned his father's sword. He slowly ascended the stairs and sat down in the throne that now was his. Holding Regis' blade tightly, he did what he had to do to bring light back to Eos.

While watching alongside her sisters, (Y/n) felt a tinge or pain in her hands. Raising her hands, she saw her flesh was transparent and slowing shattering with cracks of bright light. "Guess we used too much mana, huh?" She whispered to herself. She eyed her sisters, noticing their bodies were also shattering with a brilliant light. Clenching her fists tightly, she decided to ignore what was happening to her and the other Horsemen.

Rays of sunlight beamed through a large hole in the throne room and through the only few remaining windows. Even with her body slowly vanishing, (Y/n) could feel the warmth against her skin.

"We did it!" Prompto cheered while running over to Noctis and the new king descended the stairs. He gave his best friend a hug before pulling away to smile at him.

"About damn time," Gladio huffed with laughter.

Ignis gasped in shock when he felt the scars around his eyes mend and his once dark world became bright. He heard giggling and lifted his head to see Pestilence smiling beautifully at him. "Just a final present."

"What?" Noctis' eyes widened when he heard the snowy-haired girl's words. "What do you mean "final"?"

"Our bodies are deteriorating," War sighs, placing a hand on her hip. "Once we're gone form this world, our bodies will be mended back in the Inner Sanctum."

"How long will that take?" Gladio asked.

"Months... Maybe even years," (Y/n) answered.

"No way," Noctis vehemently hissed, shaking his head as he stares at the girl he loves with all his heart. "There's gotta be another way."

"There is no other way, Noctis." (Y/n) felt her body becoming weightless as the seconds ticked by. "But I promise to not keep your waiting for long."

Noctis wanted to protest further, but his words were lodged inside his throat as he saw cracks of light spread across Death's face and torso. He rushed over to her and the moment he wrapped his arms around her, her body shattered into ghostly wisps of glass. He watched as the pieces floated in the air before vanishing.

One by one, the Horsemen vanished. The boys watched helplessly as their bodies dissipated into nothingness. They were all silent until Prompto spoke up. "Never thought I see the day."

"Neither did I," Gladio said. "But we owe it all to them. We barely did a damn thing."

"I already miss them..." Prompto mutters sorrowfully.

"We'll make sure we thank them properly once they return." Noctis glanced towards his advisor when he didn't speak up. "Specs, how about—y-your eyes!"

Ignis was deeply enthralled with the gift Pestilence had given him before her departure. His fingers trailed around his eyes where the scars once were. There were no indications he had any injuries whatsoever. "A welcome change, indeed."

"When did you—?" Prompto started.

"A departing bestowal from Pestilence," he replied with a small smile. Seeing him smile was enough to bring the rest of the boys even more joy.

"Let's go back to Hammerhead. From there, we'll start making plans to rebuild the city," Noctis said.

Prompto nodded and cheered at the top of his lungs. "Let's go!"

<———————————<<<<<<<<<<<<

Three years have passed since the light returned to Eos. Half of Insomnia was rebuilt while efforts to restore the remainder of the city back to its former glory continued.

Noctis was wandering around the Citadel. Construction had completed a few months ago and the hallways were nearly bustling with new and old faces. He was still trying to get used to being the new King of Lucis. Every now and then, he would glance down at the ring of his forbearers when it felt heavy on his finger. Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis were always with him, making the burden easier. Morosely, he was still missing the one person who makes all his worries wash away.

A day wouldn't go by when Noctis would think of (Y/n). He eagerly awaited her return, but he felt his hope for her to return dwindle each day. Only one thought haunted him since the day she vanished alongside her sisters.

She's never coming back

Noctis fought against the frightening and heartbreaking thought, failing to notice he bumped into someone. He went to apologize to the person, but words failed him when he saw who it was.

"I've been looking for you for the past ten minutes! People said you were wandering around and every time I checked where they last saw you, you were gone!" Death crossed her arms, tapping her foot against the marble tiles. When she only received silence in response, she wiped the pout from her face and smiled warmly at him. "Guess I've made you speechless. It's been a while, Noctis."

Without anymore hesitation, the king placed his hands on (Y/n)'s cheeks and pulled her closer. He sealed her lips with his in a passionate, hungry kiss. Deepening the kiss, he moved his hands from her cheek to her hips, pulling her body flush against his.

Once the two were satisfied, they pulled away from one another, but Noctis kept his hands on the Horseman's hips. "Well..." (Y/n) cleared her throat. "That was definitely shocking yet welcoming. You miss me that much?"

"You've no idea," he sighed contently. His arms snaked up and around her waist, pulling her into a hug. He nuzzled his face against her cheek as her arms wound around his neck. "You sure know how to keep a guy waiting."

"Sorry," she chortled. "We didn't realize truly how much mana we used until our bodies returned to the Inner Sanctum. But we're back now."

""We"?"

"Famine, Pestilence, and War are currently looking for the others. They decided to give us a few minutes to ourselves."

"Guess I better get another kiss before our moment's ruined," Noctis smirked.

(Y/n) grinned before placing her lips against his in another intoxicating kiss. Her hands trailed up to his hair, threading her fingers through his soft, raven locks.

When Noctis' hand brushed against her exposed arm, he remembered how cold her skin truly was. He felt her cheek earlier, but he was too occupied with his overflow of emotions to register the cold flesh. He pulled away and stared into her (e/c) eyes. "You're still freezing."

(Y/n) gripped the front of his suit with an eye-roll before tugging him back towards her. "Just shut up and kiss me."

•••••••••••END••••••••••••

A/n: The next book in this series will be Famine (Prompto x Reader). I know I'm a horrible person for not finishing these last two chapters much, much, much earlier. I wanted to apologize for how crappy the ending was and promise the other books will be much better and I'll be extending the length of each chapter. Hope you all enjoyed this story! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 1.2K 65
King Regis appointed four of Prince Noctis's closest friends to guide and protect him on his journey to Altissia to be wed to Lady Lunafreya: Ignis S...
16.4K 487 25
Complete Prompto x Reader There will be spoilers! A new member of the boy band, I think that's it..? The bros have invited you to their club due to...
182K 3.1K 25
~In commemoration of the seven day countdown to Final Fantasy XV release~ Final Fantasy XV x Reader only First part written on November 22, 2016
18K 604 19
Final Fantasy XV x Reader Book two in the short series "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" Prompto x Reader **CROSSPOSTED TO MY TUMBLR**