Wonkru ☣ Bellamy Blake [3]

By unknownnavajo

"Time changes you especially when you're under different circumstances." 6 years is a long time, especially... More

Act Five
Space
Murphy
Moving Forward
A New Future
The World On His Shoulders
Facing Fears
Inside The Bunker
Friend Or Foe
The Ground
Reunions and Reservations
Not What It Seems
What Is Going On?
Voice Of Reason
Stopping A War Or Starting One
Taking Her Place
The Wrong One
Stopping Nothing
Odds Against Them
Plan Gone Wrong
Heda
Short-Lived Victory
Ascension
125 Years Later
Act Six
Fresh Start
New Terrain
Different Challenges
The Toxin
Understanding
Cover Update
New Plan
Retrieval Team
Dinner With The Primes
Royal Blood
Sheidheda
Smoke Screen
Seperation Ritual
Irrational Decisions
Dealing With The Conseqences
Control Of The Flame
The Seek For Control
Chaos
The Fight Continues
The Last Straw
End Of A Long Night
Part 7
The Anomaly
Ghosts of the Past

What To Do?

3.9K 119 26
By unknownnavajo

Everything was chaotic. There was a commander but that commander had fled. Now Octavia had to deal with the traitors in her midst and the uncertain people among them.

"Open the door." Nia ordered the guard that had been guarding the door. He was hesitant to comply but the look in her eye suggested otherwise.

She entered the room and Octavia's eyes snapped up to her and gave her the menacing look. She knew.

"You know." Nia stated once the door closed behind her.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" Octavia asked feeling betrayed at how Nia had never confided in her.

"No, because it didn't matter and I never intended to accept the Flame before." Nia answered simply.

"But you would now?" Octavia questioned her motives in this coop.

"To stop a genocide, yes. You know, it's amazing how you were able to lead this long without being overthrown." Nia stated pointedly at all the irrational decisions Octavia had made. But killing everyone who opposed you does help you keep your power.

"Careful." Octavia warned as Nia was on in thin ice.

"Or what, you'll throw me in with the others?" Nia spoke challengingly. "No, you wouldn't do that because you know I'm the only one helping you keep control. Cooper's dead. Your seda and priestess betrayed you. Even your brother. You mark me as traitor and you lose the people because whether you like it or not, I have people on my side." Octavia held her breath as Nia spoke. It was true, Nia's presence had been spread throughout the clan and with her reputation from before still holding strong, they did look up to her as well. "Fear makes people unwilling to challenge but loyalty brings the bravery to the surface."

"Just because I can't mark you as a traitor doesn't mean you're allowed to speak freely with me." Octavia stated trying to be as fearless as possible to Nia.

"And what would you do about that? Having the title Blodreina means nothing to me. The only reason I stuck by you was for my girls, if I wanted to, I would've taken that seat from you a long time ago. It was the love that I still hold for my brother, that you're still seated there with all your dictations. Don't test me, Blodreina, because I can guarantee you will lose." Nia spoke with a threat underlining her tone. She turned and left leaving Octavia speechless.

Octavia held her tongue not knowing what to do next. She had found herself at an impass. Everyone she had trusted had betrayed her and now the people were unsure what action to take, especially now with the Flame inside another person. But right there she had to do something, to show she still had power.

"The nightblood child did not recite the lineage and is therefore, not the commander. Instead, she ran, abandoning all of us like a coward. She is not Wonkru. She is an enemy of Wonkru and like all our enemies, she will be dealt with. But first, first, we have a war to win." Octavia announced after she walked out of the office. She was forcing her hand but the clans had only known and respected strength and what's to say they still didn't.
The chants spread throughout the room in support of Octavia. But Nia could tell that many were only spoken out of fear. Nia looked to Indra, Gaia and Bellamy down below. The sight made her heart clench, at the rate they were going it would only lead to one thing. Her family would have to fight if she didn't do something.

Nia had to sit in the meeting that Octavia was holding per Octavia's request. But she knew that was merely there for show. It wasn't till one of the delegates had suggested Octavia remind the people what happened to enemies. Everything that Nia had feared was coming true. The two were escorted out and Octavia looked to Nia who had been silent through the whole conversation.

"Tell me, the fighting pit, is it a good idea?" Octavia asked but in truth she didn't want it to be the answer. She didn't want to possibly lose her brother in a ritual that they had once loved in books.

"I don't think it matters what I think anymore. Because regardless of what anyone tells you, you'll still throw them in because it's the only way you remain in control. It's who you are." Nia stated crossing her arms.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Octavia hissed not liking what Nia was implying.

"Don't I? Me and you have a very similar monster." Nia began to remind Octavia of the darkness she had to deal with. "They kill no matter the consequences. But the difference is, yours love the power it holds over people, the fear it creates. While mine is trying to fight the pain that comes with loss." Nia explained. "I may not have been down here for the six years you suffered and I want nothing more than to change that. But there's one thing I do know, Lincoln would be ashamed of who you've become. And if you do this, I'm sure Atlas will one day come to terms that his aunt is responsible for his father's death."

Nia left the room leaving Octavia astonished. The words hitting her hard. She was right, she had made herself into this monster. But she was too deep to pull herself from it. She would have to live with the consequences that her actions would bring. But could she live with the fact that her nephew might never forgive her for what she was about to do? She had to try and save Bellamy and she would need help.

It had been decided that they would be thrown in the fighting pit. Nia's nerves were more on edge as the second ticked by. But she couldn't just let them go in without speaking to them.

"Why didn't you tell me you are a natblida?" Gaia asked once she noticed Nia's presence.

"Never felt like I would ever become commander." Nia admitted to the scout whose job was to find the next commander. "Sure, I've lead armies, fought wars, and watched as Lexa ruled, but my spirit could never decide if it wanted peace or to fight."

"A commander allows guidance from others to help them decide." Gaia reasoned.
"A commander also trusts themselves. They should never give into the darkness." Nia spoke before taking a seat beside her. "Could you imagine how things might've been if you stayed. Indra's finest warriors side by side, sisters by combat."

Gaia smiled at the past memories the two shared. Being trained by Indra to become fierce. But they were never able to share a battlefield as she had left.

"Sister by heart." Gaia stated before realizing what she had implied. "I know our bond was never as strong as yours and Lexa's-"

Nia shook her head cutting Gaia off. "You have always been my sister. Whether by blood, combat, faith or heart." The two grabbed their forearms. "May the spirits of the commanders be with you till the end."

The next door was the one who had taught her everything. Someone who had been watched over her since she was first introduced.

"You shouldn't be here." Indra stated worried about what Octavia had known and what she might do to them.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Madi has the Flame and there's nothing that can done about it. Not without me having to sacrifice a part of myself." Nia hinted at the conclave that they had done for years to chose a commander. If this was before, then she would've fought in them but now if they brought it back she wouldn't be able to.

"It'll be okay." Indra tried to reassure but in truth it wasn't. She was going into a battle to the death and one of the opponents would be her daughter. She would do what she could to ensure that she lived and that meant killing the other person. But the other person meant a great deal to others. The answer that laid before her was not a simple one but she couldn't bear to see her daughter die.

"I don't think I can bear it again. Every war I face take away more from my family. How much longer till I'm all alone?" Nia expressed dreading what might happen. "This isn't right. You all shouldn't be fighting to the death not when we have a chance to change all this."

"Traditions are a hard thing to change whether it has lasted for generations or a matter of years. Fighting is the same way, especially when it was our way of life." Indra spoke up hoping to give her some form of comfort. "Until you and Lincoln changed it despite all the odds stacked against you. You both changed Lexa's thinking and gradually mine. You had accomplished what most warriors never do. You accepted the option of surrender. You would've made a great commander and I couldn't be more proud to call you a daughter. They would've been proud."

Tears filled Nia's but they didn't fall. She was back in a position where her family was endangered but this time she seemed helpless against it.

"I'd never want to hurt you but I can't bear the thought of losing a daughter. You know what I must do and I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me." Indra stated placing her hands on her shoulders. "I love you Zhalia."

Nia sighed at the mention of the nickname. She thought she wouldn't hear it again in her lifetime. "I love you too, mom."

She stood in front of the last and final door trying to keep herself composed to do this. The girls stood in front of her while Atlas was in her arms.

"Bellamy!" The two younger girls shouted when running in and hugging him. Since they had been reunited they hadn't spent much time together but it wasn't at the fault of anyone of them. It was just a hell of circumstances that they faced.

Lynn sat beside him and questioned. "Is she really going to throw you into the arena?"

Bellamy didn't want to frighten them anymore than it showed in their eyes. But there was nothing that could alter the course. "She'll do what she thinks she has to."

"Are you going to fight?" Jade asked fiddling with her fingers. He didn't answer because in truth he wasn't sure himself. "But we just got you back, both of you."

"Hey. Hey, it'll be all right, I promise, because no matter what, you'll all still be together and I'll watch over you always. I love each and everyone of you." Bellamy comforted pulling the girls into a side hug and giving them a kiss on their heads.

He got up and picked up Atlas who had wondered around the room. He held her closely and tried to memorize how it felt. He felt guilty that he didn't spend much time with him but he thought that he had more time. He placed a lingering kiss to his head and held him to Fox.

"Fox, will you take them out and give us a moment alone." The two girls got up without questioned and hugged him before going to the gate. Fox took a moment before stepping up and hugging him too with Atlas in her arms.

Nia sucked in a breath at the sight of them all hugging. She never imagined something like this happening.

"Why didn't you let me take the Flame? I would've been commander and this never would have happened." Nia expressed once the girls were gone.

"I know I shouldn't have taken the option from you but this fighting isn't you. And I don't ever want you to feel like you have to fight. Like you have to lose yourself to the darkness." Bellamy expressed stepping toward her. "It took us years to accept each other again and the time gave us clarity and Atlas. And when he was born we swore that we would do in his best interest. You have to believe that my actions were in the best interest of all of you. My family."

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you what I was doing but after what they told me, I had to get close." Nia apologized making Bellamy shake his head.

"I understand. You were doing it for them." Bellamy spoke placing his forehead against hers.

Nia sighed at the contact. It had been forever since they had been together on neutral ground.

"I don't want you to fight, and I know you don't want to either, but i think you should consider it for him. Please." Nia spoke with a shaky tone. She knew what she was asking for and what it would mean but they had a child to think of.

They two shared a kiss that they hadn't in a long time. The two had made so much process to accept one another again and now it felt like it was ripping them apart again. They whispered I love yous against each others lips before they were pulled from one another.

As soon as the doors closed Nia felt the burden fall on her shoulders. She couldn't do this. She couldn't stand by and watched as her family fought for the power gain of another. She had to do something and she knew what would do.

A/N: quick heads up, the second Bellamy Blake book is up and it's just the intro of what it will be about. Go check it out if you're interested.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 3.6K 16
Blade. Of course, this isn't her real name. No one knows it. The crimes she committed almost got her floated, even though she was fifteen at the tim...
40.3K 756 37
~~~~~ There were more things on the earth than what the 100 originally expected. That is true. But they haven't met the desert wolf yet. The grounder...
1.5K 61 4
❝are you sure you can do this?❞ ❝I'm not one to back down to a challenge, bells. you should know this.❞ ❝I do; that's why I worry.❞ Iona isn't afraid...
31K 651 20
Venus Kom Trikru is one of her clans most ferocious and impressive warriors. She had been training in combat since before she could remember and was...