aurore - an unusual love stor...

Por Penfolk

Jai Prakash Raichand, the silver spoon lad of a leading business personnel Raghav Raichand, has always found... Mais

introduction
part one
part two
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
part twenty
part twenty one
part twenty two
part twenty three
part twenty four
part twenty five
part twenty six
part twenty seven
part twenty eight
part twenty nine
part thirty
part thirty one
part thirty two
part thirty three
part thirty four
part thirty five
part thirty six
part thirty seven
part thirty eight
part thirty nine
part forty
part forty one
part forty two
part forty three
part forty four
part forty five
part forty six
part forty seven
part forty eight
part forty nine
part fifty
part fifty one
part fifty two
part fifty three
part fifty four
part fifty five
part fifty six
part fifty eight
part fifty nine
part sixty
part sixty one
part sixty two
part sixty three
part sixty four
part sixty five
part sixty six
part sixty seven
part sixty eight
part sixty nine
part seventy
part seventy one
part seventy two
part seventy three
part seventy four
part seventy five
part seventy six
part seventy seven
part seventy eight
part seventy nine
part eighty
part eighty one
part eighty two
phase two ~ part eighty three
part eighty four
part eighty five
part eighty six
part eighty seven
part eighty eight
part eighty nine
part ninety
part ninety one
part ninety two
agar tum saath ho...
part ninety four
part ninety five
part ninety six
part ninety seven
part ninety eight
part ninety nine
part hundred
part hundred one
part hundred two
epilogue
thanking note

part fifty seven

480 79 55
Por Penfolk

Maya settled comfortably at the breakfast table. And looked at Nandini standing next.

" Do me a favour sweetheart. Kindly call Sonara to the breakfast table.
And is Jai alright now? "

" I've already informed Sonara. She seems unwell and has asked for the breakfast to be served in her room.... "

" I knew she would say exactly this, darling! But your duty is to summon her as per my orders, not produce her sides to me. " , Maya spoke in her deep harsh voice.

Nandini nodded meekly. And added,
" Jai sir hasn't woken up. Samson has been to his room. "

" Good. Now go. "

Sonara slowly sat down at the table.
She was too weak to even greet Maya.
She hadn't laid down on the bed for once in the night. Added to that, she knew what Maya's enquiry would be. And she wasn't at all ready to face them.

But, she was nothing more than a guest who stood nowhere close to demeaning Maya's orders. Hence she walked towards the dining space as reluctantly as she could.

" Good morning Sonara. You really look sick. Haven't you slept well? "
Maya asked, forking papaya pieces.

" No.
I mean....yes I did. " , Sonara answered unmindfully.

" Fine. I thought you were really stressed, and couldn't rest. "

Sonara remained silent.
Her eyes searched for Jai. Though she very well knew he was not in the position to wake up this early.

" Jai drank a lot last night. He sometimes behaves so awkward.

Samson had to snatch away bottles from him. He hardly drinks at home, that too in the living room. He even denied being helped to the bedroom. "
Maya looked at Sonara.

Sonara immediately stopped looking around and concentrated on the plate in front. Maya was just too smart.

" I wonder if he himself went to the bedroom or was helped by someone. Maybe one of the servants who hasn't turned up today. "

Sonara felt fumes escaping her ears.
Even a child would realize that Maya was testing her.

Now, the picture was growingly clear.
Maya wanted to get her married off to someone else, just to secure her brother.
Because she had guessed that......

" Anyways.

Sonara, did you think about the proposal Ashish came up with last evening? "

Maya's eyes penetrated Sonara. She did not feel good about anything at present. Even Maya's presence seemed uncomfortable.

" Errm.... I.... "

" It's okay. No hurry on my part.
Take your time. Choose wise.
Your answer is welcome anyday. Today, tomorrow, the day after, post your meet ups with him... "

" Meet ups? " , Sonara felt her throat getting dry.

Maya squeezed her brows and smiled.
" Yes, meet ups!
What's so strange about that?
How will you both know each other, else? "

Sonara swallowed, nothing in particular.

" Listen Sonara.

I know, our past traumatises us many a times.
There are memories we don't want to relive, yet we cannot let go.

But look at your age. You are so young to not give life second chances! "

Sonara struggled within.
Second chances were welcome maybe, but not with just anyone. But she chose silence, yet again.

" I have known Ashish through a common friend for quite sometime now. That's how he got the job as well in my place. He is definitely not the kind of person who will disappoint you.

And yes, I know something else might be bothering you.

Your....'status' before his, maybe.
Sorry to use the word, but I think things should be cleared out.

Sonara, you are extremely beautiful. I know life might have not given you time to spend before the mirror much.
And qualifications?
Well, a human becomes a human by his humanity, not by degrees achieved in academy.

You are surprisingly hell dignified, smart, soft spoken and graceful a woman, much of an outcast to the places your roots are to.

Hence, know yourself and give yourself wings, one more time, according to your capabilities. "

Maya smiled.
Drying the insides of Sonara, completely.

Maya got up.

" Come, get ready, I'll drop you at your workplace.

Oh, I forgot. You cook tremendous. And after marriage you can easily start a catering business with initial investments from Ashish or me. I'm sure you'll soon rise and rule. That way, you can live independent, as you wish to. "

Sonara got up as well. Her head twirled.

Maya kept talking.

" Your job ends around 5:30, right? I'll pick you up. And drop you at a restaurant where I've booked a table for you and Ashish. Talk to him. He too will, to you. Understand each other.

And yeah, Jai won't leave house today. I've instructed everyone to not let him. He's unwell, so.

Hence, keep Humaira here. He'll be happy to take care of her. "

Sonara suddenly couldn't control a couple of words spilling from her mouth.

" Of course, I know. Jai needs to do things his family finds good for him. I know. I understand. "

Maya threw a smile.
" You're right. He's so incapable himself that his family needs to take care. It's different altogether though, that each of his family members want different things from him.

I'll wait for you outside. "

And Sonara literally stood dumb, trying to comprehend her words.

Maya began walking away, but stopped midway, and turned.

" One more thing.

I'll not let you out of this house alone. You better understand that.
If you don't like Ashish, well and good.
Stay here. Though, be prepared of Raghav Raichand's wrath.

And I...promise to stand by you when he returns. But you might not like the tussle, yourself. "

The ground below Sonara finally slipped.

As Maya walked out of the door, her eyes somehow hazed up. And her throat felt an indescribable pain.

I'm sorry Sonara.
Cornering you, making you utterly helpless was not all I wanted to.
But, I want my little brother to rise and snatch you back. For that, you need to walk away from him, at any cost, just for a little while.

___

" Sonara.... What's wrong? Why are you crying? Tell me, please, I might be able to help you.. " , Nandini's repeated pleads had no impact on Sonara. Placing Humaira slowly on her lap, she walked towards the main door.

The silent tears adorning her cheeks reminded her of her position right now.

Maya Raichand, looked god to her all these while. But now Sonara knew, she was a petty human playing with human emotions, despite knowing every bit of it.

Just as Maya controlled Jai, she was controlling her as well.

And the irony was, Raqesh Chhetris could be escaped and fooled, but Maya Raichands would chain you down from all sides.

Marrying Ashish Wogle, could she ever do that?

Never.

That left her with only one option.
Escape.

But would Maya let her do that?
Why not even, if she wanted her out of Jai's life?
Whom would she be answerable to even, if at all Sonara faces worse in life after leaving the mansion?

Time to face Maya. Literally.

Sonara got up the car, and looked at Maya. She was dawning shades. Her eyes invisible.

" Maya ma'am.

I think.... I need to talk to you as early as possible. Sealing my lips won't do any good.

I know you wish my well being.
But, my well being really doesn't lie in marrying some random guy.

I don't know why, a woman like you who is herself far away from marriages, I'm not sure though but I feel so, find that getting someone hitched is the only option to save her.
Let me tell you, it's not so.

Ashish sir is a superior human being. I already realise because he wants to marry a stranger just to make her happy.

But honestly he won't ever be able to make me happy that way.

I don't like complicating things. I'm sorry, I cannot meet him up in restaurants because I don't wanna know him.

Please, for god's sake, let me leave peacefully with my daughter.
Neither do I wish to face your father's wrath. Nor marry a stranger.

If you don't allow me, I will have to escape. I respect you, hence I'm informing you.

You helped me when I was distressed. Maybe I owe you something.
But definitely not my life.

I am way confident that I would not have married Raqesh Chhetri even if you hadn't saved me. I cannot marry someone else now, just because you have got a certificate of character for that person.

I say again, I respect you.
But I am not someone who you can control, just as you are doing with Jai Prakash Raichand. "

Sonara ended and immediately pressed the car handle to get down.

But, Maya held her hand.
She looked back, and saw her smiling.

" Sonara.

I'll drop office today.
You drop work as well. I request.

It's time, I tell you some stories.....of my life.

Stories, even Jai doesn't know.

Stories, that only you deserve to know at this point of time.

Stories, that might change the notion about me that you currently hold.

Will you give me your time? "

Sonara stared, unable to react.

____

Bored?
Sorry.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

194K 12.5K 45
The most sacred words for the couple getting married should have been, "I now pronounce you husband and wife." It wasn't for them, though. All it too...
348K 32.2K 64
Her pov when he doesn't have any feelings then why he play with my feelings.....that was the worst night of my life when he leaves without letting me...
321K 23.2K 34
Genre : Romance fiction Tropes : billionaire's love , love marriage, Slow burn , Opposite attraction, emotional scars, soft romance Start : 18 Octob...
78.6K 2.5K 12
#1 in Short-story "Arnav, I love you so much... Please never Break my heart... Or else I won't be able to heal it again... I just can't even think...