part thirty six

Jayant made a disgusted sound with his tongue.

" Has Jai gone mad? What is he trying to do with life exactly? And how far is he going to stretch this religion thing, ehh? "

Mitrah nodded.

" This time it's Som who's gone madder. What was the need exactly, of creating some more storms in their lives at this vulnerable point, may I know sir? " , she squeezed her brows.

This meeting was called in by Som himself, who was quite stressed out since the last day. And he had begged to them so ardently, that they had come running leaving important jobs.

" Try and understand Mitrah. Speed- breakers are needed in life. Jai has gone reckless. " , Som explained.

" And may I know how a random Muslim woman can break his speed? " , Mitrah was tough.

" Wait. Bhoomi and Jai broke up. Why? " , Jayant suddenly looked inquisitive. " Just because they were no longer compatible, or there's this third an..... "

" ARE YOU CRAZY? " ,Som almost forced stop the statement.
" Sonara is a lower middle class widow!
Jai was only helping her.. out of humanity, and I want to revive that humanity in him that got lost suddenly, after that story from his dad.

And, Jai and Bhoomi were having issues for quite sometime now, so they decided to call upon this relationship. That's all. "

" We got it Som. Jayant has a habit of overthinking. " , Mitrah glared at Jayant.
" See, it's better that you stop stressing yourself. Trust Maya Raichand if you have once decided to. And if she's promised to help you as well, you should be calm and composed. "

" That's what I want to do Mitrah! But I'm confused. Maya Raichand doesn't find me any worthy but she agreed to this without a second thought. Strange.

Plus Bhoomi has been constantly discouraging me for the decision I took. She didn't even agree to be here today for this meet up. "

" Maybe she doesn't want to face us after breaking up with Jai. After all we are Jai's friends and not common ones unlike you.

Anyways, don't strain yourself unnecessarily. Let's wait. "
Mitrah said, glancing at Jayant, who nodded in agreement.

" By the way Som, when are you telling Bhoomi? " , Mitrah asked.

" What? " , Som adjusted his specs, startled.

" That........ You love her? "
Mitrah winked.

Som felt chains of hot air bubbles escape his ears.

----

Raghav Raichand sat on the armchair set next to the window.

The fireplace just below the window warmed both his body and mind. It was snowing when they landed in London City Airport, a few hours back.

The driver, sent from their pre-booked inn, received them, and when they reached The Dolores Inn in Yorkshire, the snowfall had stopped. But the cold had increased several folds.

Siddhi had gone unusually silent. Her very personal maid Yogita was brought along. Siddhi only whispered to her at times.

The suite remained booked to the Raichands' names throughout the year and whenever they came to London, anyone of them, would stay here.

Yogita was alotted one of the rooms in the huge four-bedroomed suite.

Raghav had changed and now sat at the window, smoking cigar after lighting the fireplace. Siddhi had gone for a hot shower.