part sixty five

" Do you hate me, Sonara? " , he asked. His eyes expressing a blend of emotions.

" Hate you? " , she took some time to utter.  Staring deeply into his sockets. Then looked up at the clear sky decked with ornamental stars.
" Even after everything I said about the impact you have on my life.....that day before the sea, at Worli, you still think I got hatred in store for you? "

" I too had said a lot about you that day. Remember?
Yet, the very day you had wanted to leave Raichand Mansion. Talked to Maya about doing so. Now, you are marrying someone and departing permanently. What do I make out of that, Ms Sonara Parvez? " , his voice firm and unwavering.

Just half an hour ago, at three in the night, she had found him standing before her room in the mansion. His eyes deep and voiceful. He had requested her to come along. At the urgent need of life. Taking up the sleeping baby in his arms.

Now, half an hour later, they stood on a cliff at Madh Island, the baby happily asleep on the backseat of the car, they just a distance away, near the edge of the cliff. The wind chilled to bones even in the month of November.

" That's because....your voice....your incomplete statements made me believe, your aquiantance, your growing attachment with me and vice versa, did not ultimately seem much comfortable to you. " , she uttered slowly but clearly.

She could feel his eyes boring through her skin from the sides, but she looked in front.
He shifted his gaze after sometime heaving a sigh.

" And that's quite justifiable. " , she added after a pause.

" You hate me. I know. " , he murmured.

She stared at him now. Her brows together.
" Seems you really wish for that. Will you be relieved, if it's hatred on my part? "

He smiled. A sad smile. Even with that, he looked beautiful. Achingly....beautiful. She looked away.

" But I, personally, would have hated someone like hell, if they proudly stuck to an ideal that hurt me, without even trying to test that on anyone else till date.

I would have hated them for sure! " , he murmured again.

Now it was she who smiled. And nodded sideways.
" Maybe I would do that too, if I saw that the particular individual not only spoke, but brought his ideals into actions, hurting me beyond repair.

But, have you ever done that to me, Jai?
Took to your ideals to hurt me deliberately? "

He stared deeply into her eyes. She too did not look away.

" I had never even tried shoving away the hatred that had been incorporated in me. I used to believe that all Muslims were..... " , he stopped because she raised her palm.

" You had already explained all these Jai, that day, before the sea.
It was you who said, everyone whom we meet, has a purpose to serve. Maybe it was my purpose to change your notion. And I....did that. Just, that. " , her voice quivered a bit.

" Yeah.
Just....that.

And so, you decide to leave me. Because, you are done serving your purpose in my life.

That's it, I guess? " , he titled his head and took her face in the grip of his eyes.

" I did not decide to leave, Jai.

You forced me. Not only me, but your sister as well. "
She stopped, she choked, her eyes welled up and streamed down. She just spoke what she should never have. Never ever.

" I.....forced you?
I forced.....my sister.... ??

How? For what? " , he almost whispered. His voice expressed more of a concern than surprise.

aurore - an unusual love story √On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara