part sixty

" You failed me big time Farhan Khan. Who brings a girl to 'dhabas' for a coffee? " , Maya twisted her lips.

Farhan was drumming on the table. He chuckled and continued that.

" I treat girls according to how much they deserve. "

Maya made a straight face. Though she pretended otherwise, she actually loved the rawness of this tiny streetside dhaba serving coffee decorated with Little Heart biscuits and Choco chips.

" I know you are used to visit five star restaurants, but you don't deserve them. You deserve street vendors. " , Farhan blinked.

" I know I know. I deserve people like you as my coffee partner. " , Maya picked up her cup and took a long sip.

Farhan nodded.
" You don't deserve me. Just that I like making people happy by letting them believe they do. "

" You mean even the bestest of women, like me, don't deserve you. Right? Which almost makes it clear that you aren't made to satisfy women's needs. " , Maya fired calmly.

Farhan stared at her for sometime. She danced her brows.

He then made a red face.
" There was no need to get below the belt. " , he faked anger.

" Just as there's no need to always demean me. " , Maya batted eyelashes.

" Demean? I never do that. But I know, truth always hurts. " , Farhan made a sad face.

Maya slapped him on the hand.
" You could be a bit serious sometime. "

" Why even? I'm a worshipper of Batman's Joker. And the moto of my life is the same as his.... ' Why so serious? ' " , Farhan grinned.

" Yeah, and following that, the Joker commits 'serious' crimes. " , Maya concentrated on the coffee.

" I too do. Like stealing women's hearts. "

" That was lame, you know. "

Farhan scratched his forehead.
" If you really like serious guys, why don't you hook up with Professor Khurana? He seems quite interested in you. "

" Interested in me? Like really? Who on earth would be interested in this 'ugly boring' girl? " , Maya caught the right note.

Farhan made faces.
" Thought you took a dig at me? Nay!
Only boring snobbish men like Khurana would be interested in you. "

" Yet, he isn't here sitting with me. You are. "

" That's because neither him nor you own a heart as big as me. " , Farhan took a huge bite from the bread pakora.

" You are a hopeless narcissist. " , Maya modded sideways.

" Narcissist yes, but I'm extremely hopeful, that one day very soon you'll crave for my friendship. " , Farhan ducked his tongue out.

" That's your mission. Accept it. "

" Nope. That's just a part-time job.  Wooing women. "

" How shameless are you? My goodness! " , Maya made a shocked face.

" That's a different story. But the important one is, why don't you like men? Are you..... " , Farhan turned inquisitive.

"So, you are trying to give me back what I gave to you. Thus my reply will be the same. There's no need to get below the belt and talk about my sexual orientation. " , Maya made faces.

aurore - an unusual love story √जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें