A Princess's Problem.

By BlackRoseSith

Follow Link and Zelda's struggle to unlock her powers and help her father look after the kingdom of Hyrule. B... More

Zelda's Nightmare.
Silent Knight
A Warrior's Welcome.
Urbosa's Talk.
Picture Perfect.
Subdued Ceremony.
Links between nightmares.
A Boy and his Pet.
The Boy in Battle.
Green Ranger.
Revali's Flap
Resolve and Greif.
Sworn Brothers.
Daruk's Mettle.
I'm here, I'm safe.
Old Friends.
King Lizard.
Cowering Heroes.
Zelda's Bedside Manner.
Princess Zora, Princess Zelda.
A Daughter's Disappointment.
Zelda's Resentment.
The best Knight's sleep.
Love At First Knight.
Sun Set Snog.
Runaway Princess.
Urbosa's Hand.
A Voe Amongst Vai.
Urbosa's Discovery.
Ashes to Ashes and Dust to Dust.
A King Among Queens.
A Friendly Chat.
Doomed to Repeat Itself.
Blades of the Yiga.
A Map to Success.
Twilight Princess.
Four Swords
Malon's Malice.
A Premonition.
Linkle.
Nightmares of Lives Lost.
Silent Princess.
Crossing The Line.
Mipha's Touch.
Impurities.
Shelter from the Storm.
Spring of Courage.
A King's Wrath.
Under Lock and Key.
Father and Daughter.
Slumbering Power.
The Spring of Power.
Prince of Darkness.
Fi and Ghirahim.
The Perfect Gift.
The Race.
To Mount Lanayru.
Scrumptious Seventeenth.
Spring of Wisdom.
Return of Calamity Ganon.
Ganondorf and Link.
Despair.
Zelda's Awakening.
The Master Sword
Link's Long Sleep.
Blinded Eyes.
Lost Safe Haven.
Divine Beast Vah Ruta.
Divine Beast Vah Medoh.
Divine Beast Vah Naboris.
Divine Beast Vah Rudania.
Reunited.
A New Age.
Home Sweet Home.
By Your Side.
The Underdogs.
Concealed Anxiety.
Constant Broken Heart.
A Game of Deception.
Planning the Future.
The Longshot.
Old Traditions.
Misunderstandings.
Picori Festival.
Secrets.
Law and Order.
Helpless.
Girl to Girl.
No Regrets.
Christening.
New Beginnings.
Sheik.
Induction to the Yiga Clan.
Hitting it Off.
Young Love.
Death to the Wind Mage.
Death to the Sisters.
The Hyrulian Dream.
Elegant Eighteenth.
Real Men have a Fairy.
The BIG Question.
King and Queen.
Husband and Wife.
Wedding Night.
Hot Springs.
The Beaches.
Mother and Father.
Picture Perfect Again.
Happily Ever After.
NEW STORY PREVIEW.
FINALLY PUBLISHED!

The Little Bird Takes Flight.

3.1K 49 17
By BlackRoseSith

Zelda was escorted to the Gerudo palace upon her entry to the city. Zelda didn't want to be treated like a princess at that time. All she really wanted was to talk with Urbosa who was like a mother figure to her. She didn't want to have every Gerudo bowing to her when she entered a room.

When Zelda entered the palace by her Gerudo escorts, Urbosa's face lit up with excitement. It had been too long ago she saw her little bird.

"Princess Zelda, what brings you to Gerudo Town? I wasn't informed of your visit?" Urbosa and Zelda usually did this charade when they wanted to talk. They would get the formalities over with before they could actually talk.

"This wasn't a planned trip, I just discovered an unusual development on my Sheikah Slate, and I believe you could help me to decipher the Gerudo text." Zelda had planned this as she had journeyed there, it sounded like a viable reason to be there at such short notice. All the Gerudo in the palace wouldn't question it.

Urbosa on the other hand knew that something had Zelda's mind occupied. Urbosa herself had taught her to read the Gerudo texts, and surely there were translators or learned scholars that could help her. Urbosa knew when Zelda wanted to talk with her.

"Well then, no time to waste!" Urbosa clamped her hands together and looked to her personal bodyguard that always stayed stood by the side of the throne, "I will be with Princess Zelda, I want us not to be disturbed as it is likely the Princess would prefer to return to the castle soon, so let's get on with this"

Urbosa got up from the throne and walked beside Zelda out into the bustling market that lined the streets of Gerudo Town. They made their way swiftly towards the entrance of the town so as to escape to the desert. They passed many guards who bowed to the Princess and then to their cheif.

Once away from the view of the Gerudo people, Zelda immediately went to fanning herself as she couldn't bear the heat. Urbosa couldn't help but chuckle at the sudden change in attitude.

"So little bird, what's pulling on your mind?"

Zelda was a little embarrassed that Urbosa had seen through her plan like it was nothing but after that wore off, she felt relieved that she could talk to her. Well, providing she could find the words.

"Well-i... Um.... I" she was cut off Urbosa's loud and overpowering laugh, "What's so funny?" Zelda snapped.

"You! You can't even find the words... Something tells me it had something to do with that young knight of yours eh?" Zelda gasped, how did she know?

"How?" Was all she could get out.

Urbosa chuckled again, "well when I asked you what was up, you went red in the face. And I know the difference between being hot from the desert and blushing"

"Oh, alright!" Zelda threw her hands up in the air, letting them fall back to her sides, "yes! It's Link!"

"Ah, first name basis, interesting" Urbosa said in a mocking tone. Zelda let a small giggle escape her.

"So, what happened that got you in such a state? Do tell."

Zelda turned a deeper shade of pink if it was even possible.

"We kind of... Kissed" Zelda's voice had reduced to a mere whisper, but that didn't mean Urbosa missed it.

A huge smile spread over the Gerudo's face, "Zelda has a boyfriend, Zelda has a boyfriend!" She sang, trying to tease her. Zelda laughed along with her before her face grew sad.

"What's wrong, little bird?"

"It's just that, I'm a Princess. That means I run kingdoms, I command soldiers and I am supposed to marry a lord or prince that does the same! I cannot love a mere knight" Zelda looked at the sand beneath her feet in despair.

Urbosa again let out a huge booming laugh which surprised Zelda in her time of sadness, "You are completely wrong! You may not be able to marry a mere knight but does that really mean you cannot love him?"

The two walked in silence for what seemed like hours before they came to the bazaar which was packed with busy merchants and tourists, which all upon seeing the Princess, bowed.

"Well, while we are here, I might as well do some work" Zelda mumbled as she walked off into the croud holding the Sheikah Slate.

***

Link boarded Epona into the stable that stood right on the edge of the Gerudo desert. Link would have started the long trek through the desert right then but his whole body was sore and the heat from the midnight sun would burn him to a crisp. Unlike Zelda who had brought previsions, Link didn't even bring heat resistant elixirs. He would have to wait untill a few hours before dusk to set out. He would head straight to Divine Beast Vah Naboris where Zelda had said she would be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935K 16K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
15.8K 554 14
The perfect pair shall thrive in the Conquest of Dawn. But who is the perfect half of Gusion Paxley? The battle of selection. The battle of love. Boo...
50K 1.5K 26
§Status: Completed§ 1/2 Lucy Heartfilia, Erza Scarlet, Levy McGarden and Juvia Lockser are students at Fairy High. However, they have a secret, well...
864K 36.2K 77
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC