Doomed to Repeat Itself.

Master Kahoha slipped through the Gerudo force and came face to face with Link. This was it, the day Link got his legacy as the Gerudo King. If he could defeat Master Kahoha and the rest of the Yiga assassins he brought with him, Link could abdicate his throne and be free to be Zelda's Knight again. Goddess, he missed that!

Link drew the Mastersword and held it up, poised to strike. Master Kahoha drew his own Katana and raised it above his head. The two circled each other.

Master Kahoha came first, fast and furious, slashing at Link only for Link to slap it away with the Mastersword like it was stick. Link used Master Kahoha's momentum to side step to his left and cut at his back. Master Kahoha recovered quickly and so the cut didn't slice as deep as Link would have hoped but it did weaken the Master none the less. Link was presently surprised when Master Managed to evade his next few blows, but that didn't stop Link, he knew how to play these games.

Link could here shouts from his Gerudo warriors. Some were cheering for him. Some were crying over dead comrades or helping the injured to the medics. Others were cursing the fact that a few of the Yiga assassins had teleported to safety.

Master Kahoha had had enough. He threw down his swords and held his arms above his head, but not in defeat. Suddenly, Master Kahoha conjured up a huge spiked metal ball. In an instant, Master Kahoha hurtled it at Link who only narrowly avoided a painful collision. As Link looked back, he saw another being thrown at him. He dodged again. The third time however, Link was prepared. He took Urbosa's Sheild from his back and steadied his footing. When the death ball came near enough... CLANG! Link deflected it and sent it right back to Master Kahoha. Not realising the danger coming towards him, Master Kahoha conjured up another death ball. But when his previous one hit him, he was thrown back, making him drop his new one on top of him as well. Master Kahoha was bleeding into the sand now, curled up and dieing. In his last few moments, he saw Link walk over him bend down so he could whisper in his ear.

"My name is Link, and when you rejoin your Master in death, tell him this... Hyrule is defended!" And with that, Link rose up and raised the Mastersword. Bringing it down with force, Link felt his blade go right through Master Kahoha's chest and dig into the sand underneath him.

All his Gerudo warriors cheered and clapped as Link tried to get the Mastersword out of the ground. They raised their weapons in Victory and stared to chat.

"All hail King Link, Slayer of the Yiga!"

Link couldn't hold back his smile. Finally, his legacy. Now he could go back to being plain old Link again. But before he left, he picked up a rather old piece of paper from Master Kahoha's belt. It looked like a map.

***

"How are they?"

Zelda looked behind her to see Link walking through the training ground, which had been converted into a temporary medic station. Zelda quickly looked back to her patient and continued to wrap her bandages.

"Well, there is only eight dead, which is quite an achievement to say the least," she looked back to Link with a broad smile on her face, "But all of these wounded have been poisoned. Something about the way the Yiga blades are made. But we have given them medicine that should help. All we can do now is bandage them and hope for the best." Zelda finished wrapping the current bandages and stood up looking at Link.

"So? You're 'Link the Yiga Slayer' now are you?" She chuckled along with Link.

"Well, at least now I can abdicate my throne and give it back to Urbosa. I feel so guilty in taking it away from her... I'll make sure everyone is alright, and I'll ask for abdication tomorrow"

***

Link has asked that he be left alone that night. Well, when he said 'alone' he meant be alone with Zelda. Link paced the room, questions still unanswered buzzing in his head. Zelda had anonymously taken it upon herself to lay down on the bed, with her head propped up in her hand, her leg brought upwards, highlighting her legs from the sash around her hip. She didn't want him to pace, she wanted his attention but she did understand his confusion.

"Link, come on, come to bed" she pleaded, patting the place in front of her. Link just shook his head. Of course he wanted to give Zelda his attention but he just couldn't.

"But how? How did Kahoha's son escape from the battle? And how did they poison their weapons? Will they try to come back after they know I've gone? What is that map thing? Do they have enough members to come back-"

"Link! Stop rambling! It's been a long day, please come to bed" Link stopped and looked at Zelda's exposed body, she definitely wanted him to come to bed.

Link took the Mastersword off his back and put it down next to Urbosa's Sheild. He layed down next to Zelda and looked into her eyes, wanting an answer.

Zelda could see that he was unsure of something. It took her a few moments to realise he was asking a question. Are you sure? Zelda couldn't help but chuckle. Link seemed confused right before Zelda pulled him into a deep kiss. Yes, she was sure.

Tomorrow they would set off for Hyrule together and show the King the strange map Link had found. They would set off together. Link chuckled through the kiss and pulled Zelda closer to him, trying to ignore the bulge in his pants...