☆ KING XAVIER ☆

By mysterygurli

#1 in the Kingdom series Sneak peak - Xavier growled possessively, walking towards me like the predator that... More

Paranavigar
Prologue
I : Mirthful
II : Home
III : Angel? She's a little devil.
IV: The Struggles Of Finding The Perfect Dress
V : Venice
VI : The coronation.
VIII : Leaving
IX : Precious
X : Liar
XI : Overstepping? Nope.
XII : About time
XIII : Her
XIV : Those Goddamn Hazel Eyes.
XV : So Damn Charming.
XVI : What's your name?
XVII : There was a lift?
XVIII : Split my Skull
XIX : Xavier's one and only
XX : Scarlett
XXI : Loser
XXII: Double doors
XXIII : Nah, she kinda bad though
XXIV : The Oracle
XXV : Cunning little Wolf
XXVI : We've got a New Yorker
XXVII: Say it like you mean it.
XVIII : A date
XXIX : Kind of a heart breaker
XXX : Enlighten me
XXXI : Last flicker of control
XXXII : Three words
XXXIII : Her revenge
XXXIV : Purpose
XXXV : Fangs
XXXVI : Tryna kill the poor man
XXXVII : I'm Gay
XXXVIII : Vision
XXXIX: Paradox
XL : Devil's bitch
XLI : God forbid
XLII : Chill pill
XLIII : Nerves
XLIV : Paranoid
XLV : Is that supposed to be Greek?
XLVI : Missing
XLVII: Danger in the Eyes of a Victim
XLVIII : Not for me
XLIX : Sleep Safe
L : Die last
THE END <3
Sequel

VII : The masquerade ball.

35.4K 917 363
By mysterygurli

YAS.

As promised, another alternate day update.

(My games going strong lol.)

Chapter VII

I was feeling fabulous in my own body tonight. It had been ages since I had put so much effort into my appearance, and I was glad I did.

Today was the masquerade ball in honor of our new king.

The castle was well illuminated and the royal gates where humongous. I felt as I were in a movie, the castle stood proudly as multiple expensive cars lined up at the gates. It was majestic.

As I stepped out of the car, in front of the castle, I was in awe.

The night air nipped at my skin as a whisper of a promise of something the night held. There was something different about it, I just couldn't put a finger on what exactly. 

Maybe I was nervous. Taking a deep breath, I straightened my silver ball gown and finally walked into the hall.

The bodies in the massive room were swaying with elegance to the soft bass that was playing in the background and I couldn't help but admire the audience from afar. 

Sipping on the expensive champagne, I cherished in the moment. After all, it wasn't like I'd ever get to see the palace again

My tranquility was broken when a presence came up behind me, "Hello beautiful." 

It was my friend, Laila. I swirled around looking at her gown.

Smirking she asked, "Like what you see?"

"Laila, you know you're the only reason I think I might be bi." I replied.

She gave me a genuine smile, and behind her mask, I could see mischief swirl in her eyes,"Dance with me."

I laughed. Two girls dancing in the ball room was not exactly encouraged by the elders. I for one, would support anything. 

So I held out my hand and led Laila to the dance floor. Some people looked at us with disgust lacing their eyes but I couldn't care less.

We twirled around each other and giggled at the silly old moves some people were doing. 

I was having a great time and I was glad I could make Laila happy again. She was having a hard couple of days, facing criticism for being a lesbian. She needed this.

Once we were done, she thanked me and went of to get a drink as well as  some fresh air. It was getting pretty sweaty in here. 

I found Zeke around the bar, very much expected of him. 

"Ready?" I asked him.

He smiled at me. "Always."

He looped his arm around me as we sneakily left the ball room.

Zeke, the mastermind behind tonights plan, had decided that we'd sneak into the control room, of a royal palace might I add, and change the music.

You see, my dearest best friend had this mind blowing idea of making a dance video for our youtube channel here. 

No doubt, it would be a hit but all of us were nervous tonight. 

Multiple reasons, we could get kicked out, much worse - punished. Who knows what the night holds? At least we were willing to take the risk and enjoy ourselves.

So here I was in front of the security room, along with Zeke, while the rest of our crew was waiting amongst the crowd.

I could feel my heart beat wildly inside my chest, sure I had done crazy stuff before but right now, I was about to break into the security room of the newly crowned 'king of werewolves' and change the music from ball dancing to club beats. 

I nodded at Zeke before pushing the door open. Surprisingly, it wasn't locked. There were three well armed men sitting behind the screens, watching everyone carefully.

One of the guards noticed me, "Miss you aren't allowed in here!"

I pretended to be taken aback, "Oh! I-I thought this was th-the restroom. My a-apologies good sir."

He sighed, "I'll show you to the restroom." I smiled at that.

As soon as he closed the door, Zeke hit him on the head with a fire extinguisher. 

I caught the guard before he fell and placed him in the store room next door. Before closing the door, I took out a tranquilizing gun from his vest.

Opening the security door yet again, I shot both the men. They didn't have time to react as the darts hit them. They'll be out for a while.

Zeke and I fully entered the room before closing it. 

"Hurry." I said in a hushed tone. If I had gone through the pain of breaking in to the security room, I was going to make sure we got the video.

Zeke got to work on the computer and within the next few seconds, our track was playing. We didn't have much time as we rushed out of the room back to the ball room.

People looked a bit surprised to hear the beats change but I was pumped about it.

I could already see my group move through the crowd in a not so subtle manner. A smile made a way to my face. 

We were really about to do this.

I joined in on them and as always, our camera man was ready. Once the crowd realized what was happening, they thought it was part of the presentation on behalf of the king.

It wasn't the easiest to dance in a ball gown but it was amusing nonetheless. 

We moved from break dancing to salsa and I partnered up with Zeke, as always. The salsa beats had my feet tapping and my hands spinning.

Just as we did our last move, I saw security try and close in on us. Shit. I turned to my group and mind linked them to disperse into the crowd and run out.

I myself ran along with Zeke but stopped when a highly masculine smell of pine wood and aftershave hit me like a wave. Looking around to find the source of the smell, my heart stopped beating.

There, beside me, stood my mate. I was rendered speechless. 

Behind his gold mask, stood a pair of mesmerizing hazel eyes. I didn't expect to meet my mate anytime, much less during this masquerade ball. So goddamn cliche

It was as if the world around me was spinning. I couldn't concentrate on anything but my breathing.

Even though he stood a good few feet apart from me, I felt so conscious of the space between us. With every passing moment, it was becoming harder to breath. 

I was brought back to reality when Zeke called out my name. The security was running towards us.

Ah, what timing. I looked at my mate one last time before winking at him. 

He looked so taken aback and shocked. It was as if he had seen a ghost.

It was time to run. The security ran behind us like wild dogs as I jumped into a car and our team drove off. 

"GO!! GO!! GO!!" I exclaimed as the guards tried to close the exit. 

We barely made it. I let out a laugh as I saw everyone around me all worked up.

"THAT. WAS. AMAZING!!!" I screamed. 

Everyone in the car broke into to laughs. We had the video and this was one of those experiences in life, that I would never forget.

Who knew this was what the night had planned for us?

****

Scarlett's Gown

Bet you didn't see that coming!

Please don't forget to vote and make my day!

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 2.3K 46
"Hey, um...Do you mind if I do this?" He asked me. I was about to reply but was cut off with his lips on mine. It was slow but hot. His lips tasted o...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
170 20 12
"Do you remember when I tried to sneak a kiss from you when we were children?" "Your Highness, I don't think this is the most appropriate time to rem...
22 1 11
Trigger warnings ⚠️ Dark romance Gore Violence Sneak peak "Oh, my love," he teased, his voice dripping with sinister amusement, "I love the sound o...