Boyfriends

By PurplePillow

Five years down the road, Em left Blake when she caught him naked and next to a certain blonde. With her, she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 4

26.6K 929 137
By PurplePillow

People who say I'm 'needy' or 'lame', please keep your comments to yourself. And yes, I'm talking about you. 

Ok. Here's the chapter. 

~~~~~

Em's POV

It was the day after Miles had been named 'Dadda' by Elliot, and I was home alone, while Elliot went out with Miles for some bonding time again. Right now, I was at home, having some alone time and drinking some coke while watching random shows on the television. 

When a reality show appeared, it showed a frazzled woman, fidgeting on the beige sofa, while the host of the show sat across from her, a worried look on her face. "Hello! Welcome to this show. Today, we have Meredith Peck here," The brunette host said, looking picture perfect in contrast to that poor lady. 

"She found her husband cheating on her a few weeks ago, and has just divorced him," The host continued, and the woman looked around fearfully. "Please, Meredith, tell us what happened," The host smiled widely at her. 

"Well, a few weeks ago, I was working late, and I called my husband to tell him to go to bed and not wait up for me. He agreed. T-Then, my boss told me to go home earlier because he said I looked tired, and I decided to heed his advice, packing up and going home to meet my husband. I hadn't expected him to be in bed with some slut..." She trailed off as tears flowed freely from her eyes. I felt my eyes prickling as I recalled what had happened That Night...

Mikaela had invited me for a girls' night out, and I went to a nearby bar to have a little fun, but obviously, I didn't drink alcohol, because I was their Designated Driver. Blake had told me that he was heading out with his friends to do some stuff, and I agreed that it was a good idea.  

Mikaela and some other girls from college and stuff started partying hard on the dancefloor, drinking loads of alcohol. I sat at the bar, waiting patiently for them to finish so we could get going- I wanted to see if Elliot was alright. 

We stayed there for an hour or so, by then, only Mikaela and this other girl was left because the rest went with their hook ups to have some fun. They were very drunk, and it took me ages to get them to get into the back seats of the car. 

I hoarded them in, driving them to their houses and then went home. When I opened the door, it was dark and quiet. The babysitter had already left, and Elliot was sleeping soundly in his cot. I then walked to my bedroom door, wrenching it open and dropping my bag.

My husband was stark naked, on the bed with Willa Queens, who was also naked. How long had he been cheating on my for? Telling me that he was out with friends while he was busy with another woman? I felt a few tears trickling down my face as I stared at the scene behind me. I wanted to scream and wake them up, to embarrass them, but I didn't have the courage. Instead, I went into the guest room, and lay there the whole night, trying to erase the memory from my head. But, of course, it didn't work. 

In the morning, I heard soft footsteps followed by louder thuds, and pranced lightly to the guest room door, opening it slowly and peeking through the crack. "Go, before my wife comes back," Blake whispered urgently, and she nodded, pecking his lips before silently opening the door. 

It was time for me to make my appearance. I swung the door open, and Blake turned to face me, guilt written all over his face. "Em?" He managed to utter my name, and I stepped towards him, lifting my hand up and bringing it across his face. A loud smack echoed around, and Blake's head turned to one side. "I didn't do anything with her, I swear," Blake told me sincerely, but I couldn't bring myself to trust him again. 

"You didn't do anything? What about last night, when I opened the room door and saw you naked with her? What about just now, when she kissed you? You called that nothing?!" My voice got louder with every word I said, and Elliot was sure to wake up any time soon, but I didn't care. 

"I thought you changed your ways, but apparently, you didn't. And, what were you thinking? Willa Queens? How nice of you to pick my enemy," I spat out, malice dripping in my voice. I turned away from him, so he couldn't see the tears streaming out from my tear ducts. 

"We'll go the lawyer in a few hours," I said calmly, moving my legs to go into the guest room, but Blake grabbed my wrist. "Think about Elliot. What would he do without a father?" He asked, and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Elliot's too young to remember anything. I'll raise him myself," I said coolly, before slamming the door after going into the guest room. I didn't want to step into the bedroom. It was full of Blake and Willa's fluids...

.

"I have some advice. You have to meet someone new, and start afresh," The host of the show advised , and I shook my head a few times to get back to reality. I had been spaced out again, thinking about the past. I quickly grabbed some tissues, and began dabbing my cheeks and eyes lightly, soaking up my tears. 

"So, you're saying I need a new boyfriend?" Meredith asked, looking at her hands that were rested on her lap. The host gave a loud 'Uh huh', and I thought of the time I met Miles...

It was a year after the divorce, and I'd somewhat gotten better after numerous visits to the psychiatrist. He'd given me advice on how to move on, and I followed them. My outbursts of crying were reduced from twice a day everyday, to maybe two or three times a week. I'd also completely immersed myself in my work to earn enough money to support Elliot. 

One day, after work, I went to Starbucks to get some coffee to give me a buzz to work till' the wee hours of the night. I hardly noticed anyone as I walked in and ordered it, quickly striding out after my order was given. It was around eight, so I was quite afraid of getting in danger. 

I could sense someone following me behind, but I didn't dare to look, and instead put in my earphones, speeding up my walking. Because of my speed-walking, I managed to get home ten minutes earlier than usual, and once I stepped into the bright light of the lift lobby, I turned to face my stalker. 

He had sandy brown hair that was swept to a side, and brilliant grey eyes that stood out. He was tan, and looked hot in his office wear- Wearing a black blazer over his white dress shirt and dark pants. "Hey, you dropped this," He passed me a maroon ring file, and I thanked him, turning around to go up the elevator. 

"Wait, do I get a reward?" My 'saviour' spoke again, and I stared at him blankly, wondering what he wanted. "I want your phone number?" He phrased it like a question, and I chuckled, taking out a ballpoint pen from my bag and writing it on my notepad, passing it to him. "I'll be calling you extremely soon," He promised, and I nodded, smiling wryly. "Oh, I'm Miles by the way," He added, and I rolled my eyes playfully. "I'm Emerald, but you can called me Emmi," I replied, and he nodded.

When I walked in my apartment, my phone buzzed and I answered it. "Jelloo?" I asked, and the person on the other line laughed quietly. "Sooo.. Do you wanna go out for dinner one day?" The voice asked and I immediately knew it was Miles. "Wow, you kept to your word," I said, and there was no reply. "Soo, can you?" He asked, and I agreed. I needed to get to know more guys. I hadn't been in proper contact with any since the divorce. 

"I'll text you details soon," He said, and I grinned, hanging up. 

From that day on, we went on a few romantic dates until he manned-up and asked me to be his girlfriend. Which I obviously agreed to. I learnt loads about him. He had two sisters, and his favourite color was yellow, 'Like the sun,' he had said. Conversations with him were never awkward, and sometimes, we just sat opposite each other in a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company. 

When the 'right time' came, I invited him to my house to meet my son. Instead of getting repulsed instantly, he walked to the cot, picked up Elliot gently and started cooing sweet nothings to him, telling me he loved children. Elliot instantly liked Miles, and always stopped crying the moment Miles had him in his arms.

 Miles was like a baby whisperer, and a perfect boyfriend. He was just amazing. He even stopped my random break downs, reducing it to a few tears. I was almost over Blake. 

"Thank you for being on this show! Hope you are able to get over your cheating husband!" The host said cheerily, and the woman nodded firmly, looking happier than she was at the beginning of the speech. Maybe, talk shows really had that magic in them! "Thanks for helping," The woman managed to smile grimly, standing up and walking off as the audience applauded loudly. 

Wait.. When did the show end so fast? It felt like minutes ago when the show had started. And, it was already six in the evening?! I had started watching the show at three! Maybe, my flashbacks took longer than I realised.. 

Six in the evening! I jumped to my feet, running to the kitchen to prepare dinner for both Miles and Elliot- A fat sandwich for Miles, and some porridge for Elliot. I rushed to defrost the ham, peel the lettuce, cut the tomatoes and cucumbers, placing them orderly on the slice of bread, before covering it with another bread slice and cutting it in half and then quarters. 

Then, I put some white rice and cooked it with boiled water, making soft porridge for Elliot and adding some small chunks of meat to add some taste. I also added sesame oil, so Elliot would like it. Elliot was a picky eater. 

When I finished placing the food on the table, Miles opened the front door, holding hands with a very excited looking Elliot. "Hi Momma!" Elliot squealed, running to me as fast as he could on his two little legs, and tripped right before he reached me, falling onto his knees. I bent down, lifting him up and placing a kiss on his head. 

"Hi Emmi," Miles smiled at me, pecking my lips lightly and strolling to the dining table when he noticed the awesome dinner I made. I joined him, putting Elliot in his high chair with his porridge for him to eat himself. "We went to the park, and I taught Eli how to run and speak some more. He's a fast learner," He smiled at me, and I patted Elliot's head. 

"Elliot, say something to Momma!" Miles encouraged, and he parted his lips, getting ready to speak. "Momma is very pwetty!" Elliot managed to say, and my smile grew even wider than it initially was. "Aww," I cooed, kissing Elliot's head again. 

"He learnt much more, but we'll do that later. I'm starving," Miles asserted, and a loud grumble from his stomach confirmed it. He munched on his sandwich, and in three minutes flat, it was gone. Elliot's was also three-quarters gone.  

"I full!" Elliot exclaimed, dropping his wooden spoon into his porridge, and I took the plates, placing them in the sink to be washed later. "Okay, Elliot, show Momma your skills!" Miles used a baby voice to tell Elliot, and he nodded, placing his head on the ground and doing tumble turns. 

"That's so cute!" I squealed, and Elliot smiled at me, revealing his baby teeth. He continued rolling around, and Miles smiled proudly at me. "See what powers I have?" He said, and I smacked his arm lightly, watching Elliot spin around and around and around.. 

"Tired," Elliot panted after his fifteenth roll, and he plopped onto the ground, closing his eyes. I carried him to his cot, switching on the baby monitor. "So, wanna watch a movie?" Miles offered, and I nodded, choosing a random disc and placing it in the DVD player. 

I chose Drag Me To Hell by accident. 

"Oh my god!" I screamed, covering my eyes with a pillow, and Miles laughed loudly, snatching the pillow from me. "Please! Let's stop the show!" I begged, and he shook his head, grinning evilly. "No can do. You chose it, you have to watch it to the end," He said firmly, and I groaned. 

It was scary. So scary! Scarier than Orphan! "Protect me," I pleaded Miles, and he changed his sitting position so I could placed my face on his shoulder to block my view.

"It's quite funny," He commented randomly when the movie ended, and I glared at him. "How can that be funny?" I asked exasperatedly, and he shrugged. "Can I stay over? I'm lazy to drive home," He said, yawning and walking towards my bedroom. "Yeah, sure," I agreed. 

Miles opened my wardrobe, pulling out one of his shirts he kept there and changed, revealing his six-pec. Ooh. He got into bed, and I followed after him, turning over the lights. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him, and I fell into a deep sleep, dreaming about both Miles and Blake... 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I got this chapter out so fast cus' i got the number of votes I wanted. And, please stop saying mean stuff about I'm 'needy' for votes. Think of my vote thing as motivation for me to write. When I get enough, I have more inspiration:D 

8O votes please:D I lowered it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.6K 9
They have been best friends for eighteen years. Life happened and they lost touch... Seventeen years later, family and fate decided to give it anothe...
34.1K 652 21
(READ BEFORE CONTINUNG) THIS STORY WILL HAVE SEX SCENES, MATURE LANGUAGE, KINKS, BLOOD, VIOLENCE, AND OTHER POSSIBLE THINGS THAT COULD TRIGGER YOU.))...
8.1K 554 26
(Book 2)-Ceres was grown. Had a new baby brother. She knew who she was. Who her father was? And now she has a problem. Blake, he would bug her all th...
1.9K 57 19
˜"*°•.˜"*°• 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚.... 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙠 𝙂𝙤𝙙 ?? 𝘼 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣...