Hero Alliance

By FangirlsTrash123

"Don't you like saving the city? It all seems super cool, you and the others must love it." He looked out ov... More

Introduction/Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen

Fifteen

32 1 14
By FangirlsTrash123

Holy crap it's been a while. I am so sorry. Today was my first day back at school after our break and I hated every minute of it. Why can't we just stay home all day :(

•••Kelly's POV•••

      "Kelly, breathe. You're okay. Everything is alright." Shifter says, rubbing my back in a comforting manner.

My crying stopped a while ago but now I was trying to calm my breathing from my mini panic attack earlier.

Shifter looks over at Duplicator who had his hands gently placed on Shadow King's chest, a navy blue light streaming out of his hands as he healed him to the best his energy could allow.

"How is he, D?" Shifter asks him, sighing softly.

"He's coming along. Wounds and cuts will definitely be healed, though he'll be sore. Especially his arm, it was the hardest to heal as it was the only thing actually broken." Duplicator answers, pursing his lips.

"Don't strain yourself too much." Shifter faces me again, "You feeling better, Kelly?" He asks, still rubbing my back. I nod slowly. "Good, I'm glad." He smiles down at me.

My breathing finally returns to normal as I've calmed down. I took a deep breath, feeling my heart beat at its normal pace. Shifter seems to notice this.

"Kelly, who-"

"I don't know who he is." I answer, already knowing what he was going to ask.

"I was going to ask if you've had any encounters with him but I guess not." Shifter mumbles, taking his hand away from my back.

"His voice was familiar. But I feel like I haven't heard it in a while, especially if I can't put a face to the voice." I tell him, looking away from the heroes.

"It's fine. We would extremely appreciate it if you could try and remember." Shifter says. I nod in response. "Thank you." He glances back at Duplicator and Shadow King. "Maybe we should bring these two back to HQ, then you home."

"How are you going to carry us all back?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"He won't have to." The sound of Shadow King's deep modifies voice startles Shifter and I, though we face him quickly, relieved that he was okay.

"But you're in too much pain to use your ability." Shifter points out.

Shadow King stands up with the help of Duplicator. "I have enough energy for one jump." He grunts, "You need to bring Kelly home."

"But Shadow King, you're in a lot of pain-"

"Thank you for worrying Kelly, but I can handle it. It doesn't even hurt that much, thanks to D over here." Shadow King grins beneath his mask, patting Duplicator's back gently.

Duplicator smiles proudly, "It was nothing, SK. I just wanted to help."

I smile at the two. They always have each other's backs; in and out of the suit.

"Well..if you're sure.." Shadow King nods, "Then alright. Get back safe and make sure to rest until your healed." I scold them.

"Sure thing, mom." Duplicator snorts.

I shake my head, chuckling. "Goodnight, you guys." I say, waving and smiling at them which they do back. I walk over to Shifter who, after I give him the signal of a nod, picks me up bridal style and flies in the direction of my house.

"Are they going to be okay?" I ask, pursing my lips as I look up at Shifter's mask which I wish he would just take off already.

"Believe me, they're very strong. They'll be just fine." He flashes me a small smile that makes me feel more hopeful.

We arrive at my house. Shifter carries me inside through my usual unlocked bedroom window.

"Thank you." I smile up at him.

He nods, "Anytime. Now you get some sleep, Kelly. Goodnight." He smiles a bit underneath his mask then turns to the window.

I step forward, reaching out and grabbing his arm, "Wait!"

He faces me, "What's wrong?" He asks.

"I'm not gonna be able to fall asleep yet...can you stay and talk for a bit?" I ask.

He smiles, "Sure thing." He sits at the edge of my bed while I sit in the center of it.

"Can we talk about Hero Hunter?" I ask, looking down at my lap.

"Kelly, I don't think that's a good idea." He sighs softly.

I nod slowly. "Then let's talk about..you? How do you feel about all of this? Are you okay?" I look up to meet his pale 'eyes'.

He's hesitant, "I...I'm more worried about everyone else. And, after coming over the other night, I feel better. You really helped me out. So yes, I'd say I'm fine." He..lies. I've known him long enough to know that he was lying. He still wasn't completely sure about all of this. And I didn't blame him so that's why I chose to leave him be for now.

"That's..good. Hm....lets see. What else is there to say about you?" I smile a bit, thinking.

"Me, still? You already know everything about me." He chuckles.

"Come on, there has to be at least one thing I don't know." I say.

"My identity?" He chuckles softly.

"Hm? Oh, I already know who you are." I tell him, grinning.

His chuckling comes to an abrupt stop, "..you're kidding..right?" He asks, tensing up.

I look down at my wrist that's only covered by a bracelet, "Wow, would you look at the time. It's getting late, and I'm getting tired. You've really helped me out. You should head home now." I say, pushing him off my bed and towards the window.

"Wait, Kelly, come on, tell me what you know." He says as I continue to push him out.

"Read my mind and find out." I snicker. He goes silent and stops struggling so I assume he's listening into my thoughts.

I know who you are now, S.

"Wait, wait, S as in Shifter or S as in - " I shove him out the window and lock it just as he catches himself midair.

I hear him chuckle softly as he flies back up to my window where I stood, smirking at him.

"Alright, alright. You're probably just teasing anyway. Goodnight Kelly." He grins his famous grin and flies off, leaving me to smile at the thought of his face under the mask.

********************

     "Do you guys know where Seth is? We're supposed to go out for ice cream." I ask Matt, Hunter, and Reese.

"Probably in the bathroom, calming himself down for your date." Matt teases, grinning at me.

"You're such a bully." I laugh, nudging him in his ribs.

"Oh, Kelly!" I hear and turn to face Seth as he jogs over, "Ready to go?" He asks me, smiling.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I smile up at him.

"Great, we should get going now – the place gets packed quick!" He says, glancing down at my hand.

I smile, noticing this. "Well, see you guys tomorrow!" I flash a smile towards the boys before taking Seth's hand in mine and walking towards the exit.

"Oh!" Seth seems surprised by my actions, "Bye guys!" He calls out to them with a smile. Aw, Seth got nervous.

Eventually when we exit the school, Seth takes the lead and walks towards the ice cream shop. He slowly intertwines our fingers and I notice a small smirk on his face.

"Got your confidence back, eh?" I tease him, giggling.

"..huh? I..I've always been confident!" He faces me, eyebrows furrowed as he stares at me.

"Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself." I poke his chest, snickering. "But, it was cute." I smile and look away, feeling my face heat up.

"Kelly..are you blushing?" Seth gasps at the realization and stops walking.

"What? Pffft, no!" I exclaim a bit too quickly.

"I made you blush?..I made the great Kelly Greene blush?!" He grins excitedly, not realizing that he's shouting too.

"Seth, you're making a scene." I glance around at the people and cars passing by, giving us strange looks.

"Good." He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear as I look up at him, "Everyone deserves to know that I made the beautiful Kelly Greene blush." He winks at me.

I didn't need to look in a mirror to know that I was blushing a bright red now. "Oh, shut up.." I hit his chest playfully, giggling nervously.

He smiles, staring down at me. "Come on, lets go. I still owe you this ice cream." He nods his head in the direction of the ice cream shop, starting to walk again.

I stare up at the back of his head as he leads me to the shop. You're such a tease... I sigh softly, matching my walking pace with his.

We get to the place and order our ice cream. I chose cookies and cream. Seth chose strawberry. We sat at a table by the window, looking out at the park across the street. Children were running around and playing on the playground set, parents were watching their kids proudly.

I glance at Seth who was smiling. He always smiled at small things like this. I've noticed that seeing other people happy makes him happy. Just like how seeing him smile makes me smile.

Suddenly, we hear a loud explosion on the other side of the park. Debris went flying everywhere, even towards this shop. Seth jumps up out of his chair quickly, eyes widened as he nearly drops his ice cream. I stand up quickly too, looking in the direction of the people fleeing the park. All the children that were now cheering, were now screaming and crying as the adults carried and rushed them all away.

"Oh shit.." Seth faces me terrified and looks around at everyone in the shop. They were all terrified, some even running away already. "Everyone, hurry! The back is the safest exit as of now!" He shouts, watching them all run towards the back of the shop.

I look back out the window to see a tree hurtling straight towards this window. "Seth, get down!" I drop my cone and jump at Seth, knocking us both down and out of the way..nearly. I wince as I feel glass scratching and piercing through my leg.

"Kelly, we gotta go!" He reaches for my hand quickly, not noticing my leg. But I pull my hand away. His eyes flicker from confusion to concern. "Kelly, what's-"

"Seth, it's okay." I look him in the eyes. I felt blood seeping through my jeans as tears pricked my eyes and I fought the urge to not let them or any pain show.

"Huh?"

"Go. Save the day." I smile up at him.

His eyes widen but only for a split second, "Kelly..I don't..I don't know what you're talking about."

"Seth, I'm not stupid. I figured it out. I chuckle softly, glancing at the window.

He gulps, looking down. "How long have you known?" He asks. He didn't sound disappointed or angry, just distraught.

"That doesn't matter right now, Seth. Go and kick some villain butt, okay? Just like the Shifter I know would." I wink at him, smiling.

He chuckles, standing up slowly. "I'll come by to talk to you later at your house." He says. "Get home safe." He flashes me a Shifter famous grin before hurrying out of the shop.

I smile, watching him run outside. The tree blocked me from seeing anything else but I heard him fly off. My smile falls as I look down to see my blood leaking out onto the floor of the shop.

I whimper, slowly moving my leg. I felt like I was being stabbed everywhere in my leg. Hopefully nothing serious was punctured. Just don't remove the glass. Crawl outside and try to get someone's attention. If anyone's even around..

Slowly, I pulled myself to the back of the shop which felt like five minutes with my injured leg. I had made a blood trail from the window to the back door. These poor people will have to deal with cleaning my blood. My head began to pound and I realize that with this much blood loss...oh boy. I didn't want to think like that.

I glance back at my leg and seeing it almost makes me gag. My jeans were drenched in blood, mainly that leg though which was my right. Glass shards were sticking out from many places of my right leg. My jeans were torn.

I take a deep breath to try inhaling more oxygen that seemed to quickly escape my lungs and push the door open, groaning with pain. My eyelids felt heavy. No..don't...not yet. I looked around, the world around me beginning to spin. There were swirls of colors all around me.

"Kelly...is that - oh no, Kelly!" I heard a voice shout, hurrying in my direction quickly. My surroundings were fading. "No, no! Hang on, Kelly! Don't you dare close your eyes on me! I need some help over here, D!" The voice shouts. Another pair of feet were running in my direction now too. I look up at the person who had put my head on their lap.

The last thing I noticed was familiar red hair that I liked to tease. Reese..help. Everything suddenly faded to black.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeahh so I don't really know how to describe someone fainting without using that cliche line :/ but it's okay! Because you at least understand what's happening.

Hopefully you all enjoyed this and I'm sure you did honestly, someone was revealed hehehehehe ^~^

If you enjoyed this chapter please like, comment, and leave feedback! Thanks! Bye bye!

~FT💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 172 11
He was small, scared, and trying to save the only family he had. He never thought he'd be strong enough to bring a Lion to his knees. Excerpt: 'Bett...
3.7K 160 20
"Cool, lets go!" we jumped off his bed and ran towards his stairway, where he sat on his railing. "What are you doing?" I asked the crazy person. "Be...
6.2K 144 18
Since Rebel was born she knew that something was unique about her. Was it her Jet black hair? No. Was it her black eyes? No. It was her power of sh...
85 5 41
The world is screwed up place. Everyone in it just wants peace when it isn't promised to nobody. We work for ourselves to try to improve our ways of...