silent memories // botw link...

By bleachbub

who would've thought that the hero of hyrule would fall in love during his journey? ✧・゚: *✧... More

introduction to the story! (please read!)
slumbering hero
old man encounter
save her
wild horses!
kakariko village & hateno village
first memory
champion's tunic
the journey begins
death mountain
fireblight ganon
meaningful embrace
familiar eyes
his voice
words hurt
shield surfing!
poisoned words
rito village
is she mad?
snap!
feelings
the lake
her past
the black beauty
h/n vs. link
the red prince
bank of wishes
zora's domain!
fever weather
the humble king
the zora armour
new book! (don't worry i'm not ending this one)
the red princess
daruk's protection is now ready to roll!
the lynel's wrath
betrayal?
an understanding
a confession from the hero
the dream
a tender moment to remember
divine beast vah ruta
tumbo!
reunited
warmth
her regret
fragility
captured
hero's determination
kidnapped
the woman
determination
saved at last
fatigue
luminescent

hero's burden

5.9K 195 31
By bleachbub

thank you all for 1000 reads! i really appreciate it!

———————-

——(your p.o.v)——

saki encouraged you to take a nap, and you tried to decline her request but she kept telling you that 'you need to rest'. you eventually gave in, and took a small nap. 

you woke to the sound of a bomb of some sort, and you immediately sat up. you frantically looked around, and you saw saki staring up at the sky in her window. you pushed the bed covers to the side, and stood up. 

"saki, what was that?"

saki glanced at you, but kept staring into the sky, with her wing-like hands pressed in a praying position. you walked over to her, and looked to where her blue eyes were staring at. you gasped and saw the divine beast, vah medoh, incased with a red force field. you saw two birds flying around, and one was shooting bomb arrows at the field. 

wait...

"saki! what on earth is link doing?!"

saki jumped a little at your outburst and briefly met your e/c orbs. she prayed a little more, and you saw worry in her eyes.

"he's...he's up there, trying to take back vah medoh with my husband. teba."

you let the feeling of worry and axiety rush over your body, you understood that link was the hero that was meant to save hyrule and you also understood that he needed the four divine beasts in order to do so. you couldn't help but feel abandoned and useless, you wanted to help link! you felt like you owed him your life, since he saved you from that yiga scout a few days ago. you desperately wanted to help, no matter the situation...

you and saki watched the two males from below and saw that link had exploded the last device that was holding up the force field. you sighed in relief, but saki gasped. 

"saki, what's wrong?" 

-

"it's teba! he's injured!"

saki ran out of the hut, with you following after her, and she led you to the landing. you saw teba give link a thumbs up, and he was now trying to fly down to revali's landing. saki flew up, and went to take teba's right wing in hers and they flew down together. you glanced back at link, who was now entering the divine beast on his paraglider.

you knew teba from when you 'woke' up in rito village, he was a good friend to you. you didn't know saki that well, but you knew they were married.

you silently prayed to the goddesses, and went over to help teba and saki.  

— later —

"saki, could you go get some water? i can patch up teba, but i need some water to clean up his wound."

saki nodded and quickly left the hut, a bowl in her pink wings. 

you looked back at teba, who was now lying down in the bed you were in before, every now and then groaning from the burning pain. you reached into your pouch, and took out white bandages. you waited for saki to return with the water and you sighed. 

"something wrong, y/n?"

-

"i guess..."

-

"what's bothering you? you know you can tell me."

you thought maybe talking will distract teba from the pain and kill time while waiting for saki, so you ended up deciding to tell teba what was bothering you.

"it's just, why didn't link take me with him? something bad could happen to him up there. i want to be there to help..."

-

"i know, but he didn't want to put his burden on you."

-

"his...burden?"

teba nodded and looked over at the entrance of the hut, he saw his wife hurriedly walking in with a bowl full of water. she sat it beside you and you thanked her. the pink rito gave you a small white towel, and you started to dab it with water onto teba's wound. saki told you that she was going to go look for their son, tulin, and she left you alone with the white bird.

teba looked back at you, and continued the conversation.

"yes. that's what he told me when he arrived at the flight range. i asked him where you were, and he replied with a small shrug and told me that you were resting and that he needed to take down vah medoh. he said he didn't want you to be there, in case you..."

you interrupted him, questions were swarming in your mind.

"he thinks i shouldn't take part in helping him?"

-

"no, y/n. you're helping him no matter what you're doing. as long as you're there for him. trust me."

-

"..."

you let yourself concentrate on teba's wound and you thought about link. teba's wise words helped you understand link and you smiled a little to yourself. you cleaned up the rito warrior's wound, and wrapped his leg in bandages. you made sure they weren't too tight and too loose. teba thanked you and you waved him off. teba was always there for you, and you really appreciated him for that. you thought about your past memories with the rito and you smiled. you admired the way he would keep pushing himself to be more like revali, the rito champion. 

"teba?"

-

"yeah?"

-

"how long do you think link will be? i mean, up there."

-

"he's a strong man, y/n, even for a tiny hylian. i'd say not too long, maybe for a few more hours? if not, a day."

your eyes widened at teba's response.

"a day?!"

you nodded in understanding and told teba to rest. you stood up, placing the wet towel over the edge of the wooden railings in the hut so it would dry, and packed up your things. you mind went back onto the topic about link, and you thought about what to do while he was trying to defeat the divine beast. your thoughts wandered for a bit and you gasped.

link's horse!

you walked out of teba and saki's hut and walked down the wooden stairs of the village. many ritos, including the elder, saki and her son, tulin, were watching vah medoh on revali's landing. you walked past them and went all the way down to the entrance of the village. you saw link's horse, lazily eating the grass and her ears perked up at your presence. you slowly walked over to the brown mare, and took out an apple from your other pouch. you fed her the apple and you patted her nose slowly.

"hmm, i never got your name, horsy."

link's horse neighed, as if she was trying to tell you her name and you giggled. you looked around and saw some tiny flowers next to her hooves. you bent down, picked some flowers and breathed in their scent. you looked at the mare, and saw her long cream mane. you thought of an idea...

— later —

"anddd, there!"

you stepped back, and admired your artwork. 

you had expertly weaved the small flowers into the horse's mane with small braids and beads you found in your pouch. the rito children had taught you when you were living in rito village two years ago. she neighed happily and nudged your face with her long nose. you chuckled and patted her, showing affection. you wandered about getting a horse of your own, and you smiled to the idea. you've always wanted a horse but ever since you woke up mysteriously, you had forgotten how to tame one. you forgot a lot of things, but thanks to the elder and teba, you were able to remember and learn the basics in surviving the wild. but taming a horse was never a lesson they taught you. it made sense though, ritos don't ride horses. 

you glanced up at the sky, and saw that it was getting dark. your eyes scanned the dark blue sky and you saw that vah medoh was still glowing red. you read in some books that the sheikah's colour of pacifism was blue, and that red meant control and rage. you said your goodbyes to link's horse and you went to the rito inn, 'swallow's roost'. 

you gave the burgundy rito 20 rupees and climbed into one of the beds. you looked to the right and you could see vah medoh out of the clear window. you sighed and closed your eyes.

"be safe, link."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 124 43
Sidlink fanfic. This story takes place after the events of botw but before totk at this point Link has already defeated Ganon. I dont proof read the...
735 19 3
It's been 5 years since the end of the Calamity, and all is well in Hyrule. Zelda and Link have settled comfortably into their new lives - Zelda as Q...
6.3K 161 62
Time has passed. Hyrule is getting rebuilt. Zelda on the other hand is not quite sure what to do. She is no longer a princess, She's a queen with res...
34.7K 636 34
╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒════╗ Drabbles of you and Link and the adventures you both endure along with the feelings that develop an...