Wonkru ☣ Bellamy Blake [3]

By unknownnavajo

"Time changes you especially when you're under different circumstances." 6 years is a long time, especially... More

Act Five
Space
Murphy
Moving Forward
A New Future
The World On His Shoulders
Facing Fears
Inside The Bunker
Friend Or Foe
The Ground
Reunions and Reservations
Not What It Seems
Voice Of Reason
Stopping A War Or Starting One
Taking Her Place
The Wrong One
What To Do?
Stopping Nothing
Odds Against Them
Plan Gone Wrong
Heda
Short-Lived Victory
Ascension
125 Years Later
Act Six
Fresh Start
New Terrain
Different Challenges
The Toxin
Understanding
Cover Update
New Plan
Retrieval Team
Dinner With The Primes
Royal Blood
Sheidheda
Smoke Screen
Seperation Ritual
Irrational Decisions
Dealing With The Conseqences
Control Of The Flame
The Seek For Control
Chaos
The Fight Continues
The Last Straw
End Of A Long Night
Part 7
The Anomaly
Ghosts of the Past

What Is Going On?

5.3K 156 15
By unknownnavajo

Nia stood at the table as they discussed what was going to happen. They would begin their march to the valley. When Nia had visited Octavia the girl had asked which side she was standing on and Nia replied that she would do what she had to to retrieve her son.

"They don't know we're coming. So all three northern passes will be wide open. But the village will be fortified. Where's the water source?" Octavia relayed what they knew. Clarke had mentioned a few things to them but they never revealed their plan.

"Why? What are you thinking?" Indra asked before the doors opened and Miller entered with Clarke and Bellamy.

Nia's gaze went down to the map when Bellamy looked toward her. He was shocked to see her in there among them helping plan this attack. He knew that she was upset about the fact that she was separated from Atlas but she had said they wouldn't do any rash decisions for his sake.

"My question exactly." Clarke announced their presence.

"Miller, your orders were to go-" Cooper began to state.

"I know my orders. I think we should listen to what Clarke has to say." Miller pointed out that Clarke had the more experience on the ground than them.

"You can't take the sea route." She said simply.

"Why? You said the sea is gone. It is passable or not?" Indra questioned.

"Yes, maybe. But you have to understand-" Clarke tried to protest.

"Maybe is good enough for me. Let's move out." Octavia went to walk out but Bellamy stepped in her way.

His movement only seen as hostile making the others act in her defense. Bellamy looked at them and at his sister in disbelief.

"Octavia, we're all on the same team. No one wants to get to that valley more than me. It's my home. But this way is too risky." Clarke tried to them reason.

"Risky how?" Indra asked for further detail.

"Show me." Octavia said bringing them back to the map.

"You chose the shortest route, which makes sense, but the dry seabed is hit by almost constant sandstorms." The blonde informed.

"We have the tents from the second dawn. Sand won't be a problem." Octavia pointed out.

"It's not just sand. Some of it crystallized in Praimfaya. I'm talking shards of glass like razor blades. Your tents will be torn to shreds and so will you." Clarke further explained why it wasn't an option.

"Blodreina is right. Besides, we can only carry rations for 7 days. The sea route will take 6. The next shortest path adds 50 miles. That's two days if we're lucky." Cooper informed showing her support for Octavia.

"How do we know there won't be sandstorms. On the longer route?" Indra spoke again. Nia could tell that the two had a feud going on. Both trying to ensure that Octavia would listen to them.

"Enough. We're doing this. The hydrofarm is barely feeding us now, so if this is the last living valley on Earth, then it would be ours." Octavia finalized.

"Diyoza thinks the same thing." Bellamy tried to reason but she didn't acknowledge. He let out a sigh before looking to Nia. "You agree with this? Up on the Ring we said we wouldn't make any rash decisions, yet here you are."

Nia's head snapped up and she had a menacing look in her eye. One that Bellamy hadn't seen in years. What had happened to Nia? This was the Nia that he thought she had overcome.

"You think what I am doing is rash? It's not. My son's in that valley and within the enemies' grasp. We haven't heard a word from Monty and the others. I am doing whatever I have to get back to him, to make sure that I can protect him. As his father, you should be doing the same." Nia expressed rather angrily before storming out.

No one said anything for a moment but took in her words. Everyone had known about the child in the valley, everyone except Clarke.

The blonde stood there not knowing what to do but saw the struck look on Bellamy's face. His son was in the valley.

Once she was outside she rounded a corner until she wasn't visible. There she leant against her knees and took a couple deep breaths. She knew what she had done and how much it would hurt Bellamy but it's what was needed. She heard Indra's command and left her spot.

She took her spot beside Tate in the first battalion. With Fox's injury she and the girls would stay behind until they got back.

"So it went like it should." Tate noted at the look Bellamy had sent Nia when they walked passed.

"Yeah."

They had chosen to rest in the wasteland for the time being. Tent were set up and they gathered around to share their rations. Nia followed the lead of the others as she was still trying to acquaint herself with their new custom.

She listened to Indra and Octavia's conversation. As they spoke she couldn't help but realize that the Octavia she had once knew was gone. Now she was a tyrant that thrived on the control she had and how she addresses it. She was taken by the darkness and embraced it.

Bellamy watched the main group as they ate. He wondered about Nia's behaviour. Something was different, it was more than just worry of Atlas and he couldn't figure out the rest. Not to mention his sister was an entirely different person and he wondered if they ever might have a relationship again.

A scream came from the distance. Miller came running back with the other scout he had left with. He dropped Obika down and the scout screamed in pain. Everyone was curious at what was happening.

Nia was able to push her way through and crouch down beside him. She tried to search for any visible wounds but he was moving far to much for him to see. Suddenly, his body went still and Nia was worried for him. Her hand went to his pulse just as Clarke was allowed through.

Miller began his explanation when suddenly something moved inside his stomach. Nia and Clarke jumped back from him. Tate was quick to grab a hold of Nia and lift her to her feet.

They brought him into a tent and tried to come up with some explanation at how the thing for inside him. It wasn't till Bellamy found a blood spot on his leg that they had his entry point. That meant it came from the sand. They weren't safe being so exposed.

Clarke tried to convince Octavia to go back but she wouldn't give. Nia choose to stay in the tent with Clarke to help watch over Obika. They had decided on shifts and Nia had opted to sleep while waiting for her shift.

Bellamy watched her sleep worried for how it would affect her if she continued this path. He brought his hand and moved a piece of her hair from her face. Guilt swelling inside him when he remembered how he was isolating her and Atlas on the Ring. But he only wanted the best for them and he thought he might achieve that if they got back down to the ground. Nia had been reunited with the girls but all the time that had passed had affected them.

"I didn't know you had a son." Clarke spoke in a quiet voice so not to disturb the others in the room.

"Yeah, two years old came as a shock on the Ring. But he brings everyone together." Bellamy began to describe with a smile on his face.

"I hope you get back to him." Clarke said with a small smile.

A shout brought their attention outside. Everyone stood and watched as a giant storm was covering their way home. Once again they got into another argument about the action they were taking.

A shout came from the tent making them enter again. Obika had woken and Nia was by his side trying to hold him down the best she could. Suddenly his abdomen exploded and worms exited.

Bellamy pulled Nia away and they bumped into Octavia. The three fell down and tried to scramble away from the worms. But one had gotten into Octavia's arm.

The couple pulled her out of the tent. They glanced at each other worriedly as they saw the work move inside her arm. They needed to do something before out got into her stomach.

They moved her into another tent and went to work on getting the worm out. Clarke cut into her arm and was working to pull it out.

Suddenly the radio went off with Monty's voice. Nia's head snapped to Bellamy hoping for some news about Atlas. He was quick to inform them about the camera that was watching them and missile system that was aboard the prisoner's ship.

They needed to take cover and quickly before their ship was there. Clarke was able to pull the worm out and handed it to Cooper. They were currently arguing over what action to take but Octavia was determined to take the valley back for them.

It was decided soon after making their whole army move. They formed a human shield around Octavia with Clarke and Nia tending to her. The sharp sand blowing around them.

The next day they rested while they assessed themselves. Nia had gone around to check on them but there was nothing she could really do.

"Blodreina, there's eleven dead. Twelve including Obika." Miller informed Octavia when Nia walked over.

"Take their weapons and their armor. Leave the bodies." Octavia ordered making Cooper look to her.

"Leave them?" Cooper said appalled at the notion.

"There's no time. The enemy can see us. Sound the retreat." Octavia ordered next.

They couldn't make any movements against their enemy if their enemy had eyes on them. They needed another way into the valley. Nia was worried that she might not see her son for a long time.

"How's the arm? Damage to the muscle should be minimal, but we'll know more in a few days." Clarke informed still not fully aware of the how much a worm's venom can do.

"Thank you for saving my life." Octavia said to her while Nia sat beside Indra and watched her with concern.

"You saved ours. You were right. Wonkru is strong. Just like their leader." Bellamy responded to her.

Even with Nia not directly beside them she was able to hear Octavia's next words. "I'm glad you're alive, big brother. But if you ever speak out against Wonkru again, then you are an enemy of Wonkru. And you are my enemy."

In that moment, Nia knew what she was fighting for, her family. She was fighting so her girls wouldn't suffer anymore cruelty than they already had. For Atlas to never experience the hardships that they all had. And for Bellamy to be by her side without facing criticism.

The sound of something approaching got them on edge. Guns went up while they waited for whatever it was to approach. The Rover came into view and halted, its driver hopping out of the cab.

Clarke wasted no time running to greet the girl who she considered a daughter. The two shared a hug while the couple waited for anyone else to exit the vehicle.

Nia's hand intertwined with Bellamy as time passed thinking their child was still in the valley. Finally, Monty exited and held a hand when he saw Octavia. Hopper next surprised to see the sight in front of her. Lastly, Echo with a certain person in her arms.

Nia dropped his hand and ran forward to hold her son, Bellamy not far behind. Once Atlas caught sight of his mother that he hadn't seen in so long, his arms went out to be inside her hold. A cry of excitement left his lips and a smile graced his lips.

She let out a content sigh once he was in her arms. A kissed his head and rested him against her. Bellamy grateful that he was finally with them, slightly hoping that Nia would snap out of whatever state she found herself in.

Everyone watched the family embrace one another all surprised to see the small baby. Clarke looked at them only to glance back down at Madi. Octavia finally able to see her nephew from a distance but her happiness gone when she saw the person standing alongside them.

Echo looked to Octavia, her blood ran cold at the glare she was receiving. Her head looked to Nia and Bellamy only to receive a look from Nia.

The family had been reunited but under what circumstances.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 57 4
❝are you sure you can do this?❞ ❝I'm not one to back down to a challenge, bells. you should know this.❞ ❝I do; that's why I worry.❞ Iona isn't afraid...
5.7K 153 16
Sky was just a girl when the Mountain Men took her family, and her village. She survived by hiding from the sleeping gas and the men in masks. She's...
1.9K 55 14
NOVA ROSEWOOD, the independent girl who's been taking care of herself almost her entire life, causing herself to not trust others easily, suddenly fi...
18.1K 786 33
❝ It was never the way she looked. Always the way she was. I could've fallen in love with my eyes closed. ❞ in the midst of a nation divided, two fr...