Runaway (A Zayn Malik fanfict...

By exquisites

"You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you... More

Chapter 1 ♡
Chapter 2 ♡
Chapter 3 ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
Chapter 11 ♡
Chapter 12 ♡
Chapter 13 ♡
Chapter 14 ♡
Chapter 15 ♡
Chapter 16 ♡
Chapter 17 ♡
Chapter 18 ♡
Chapter 19 ♡
Chapter 20 ♡
Chapter 21 ♡
Chapter 22 ♡
Chapter 23 ♡
Chapter 24 ♡
Chapter 25 ♡
Chapter 26 ♡
Chapter 27 ♡
Chapter 28 ♡
Chapter 29 ♡
Chapter 30 ♡
Chapter 31 ♡
Chapter 32 ♡
Chapter 33 ♡
Chapter 34 ♡
Chapter 35 ♡
Chapter 36 ♡
Chapter 37 ♡
Chapter 38 ♡
Chapter 39 ♡
Chapter 40 ♡
Chapter 41 ♡
Chapter 42 ♡
Chapter 43 ♡
Chapter 44 ♡
Chapter 45 ♡
Chapter 46 ♡
Chapter 47 ♡
Chapter 48 ♡
Chapter 49 ♡
Chapter 50 ♡
Chapter 51 ♡
Chapter 52 ♡
Chapter 53 ♡
Chapter 54 ♡
Chapter 55 ♡
Chapter 56 ♡
Chapter 57 ♡
Chapter 58 ♡
Chapter 59 ♡
Chapter 60 ♡
Chapter 61 ♡
Chapter 62 ♡
Chapter 63 ♡
Chapter 64 ♡
Chapter 65 ♡
Chapter 66 ♡
Chapter 67 ♡
Chapter 68 ♡
Chapter 69 ♡
Chapter 70 ♡
Chapter 71 ♡
Chapter 72 ♡
Chapter 73 ♡
Chapter 74 ♡
Chapter 75 ♡
Chapter 76 ♡
Chapter 77 ♡
Chapter 78 ♡
Chapter 79 ♡
Chapter 80 ♡
Chapter 81 ♡
Chapter 82 ♡
Chapter 83 ♡
Chapter 84 ♡
Chapter 85 ♡
Chapter 87 ♡
Chapter 88 ♡
Chapter 89 ♡
Chapter 90 ♡
Chapter 91 ♡
Chapter 92 ♡
Chapter 93 ♡
Chapter 94 ♡
Chapter 95 ♡
Chapter 96 ♡
Chapter 97 ♡
Chapter 98 ♡
Chapter 99 ♡
Chapter 100 ♡
Author's Note

Chapter 86 ♡

32.2K 1.4K 304
By exquisites

Chapter 86:

(Kat's POV)

"Good morning Zayn," Cami spoke once Zayn and I walked in the library. She was leaning against the counter with a coffee in her hand, smitten. "And Kat," she added, smiling bitterly.

"Morning," I grinned at her, showing her that I wasn't affected by her.

She was surprised by my tone but didn't worry that much. "You guys ready for work?"

"Yup," both Zayn and I replied.

She nodded, "alright then. Kat, the teens section is straight down the hall. Grace will show you around, and Zayn, just come with me."

"Alright," Zayn said before turning to me and kissing me briefly on the lips, yet long enough for Cami to notice.

"Love you babe," he whispered loud enough for her to hear.

"Love you too," I smiled back.

Cami's face hardened as I walked past her, towards the Teen Section. I officially feel accomplished. You know when you see those action movies and a car explodes behind them and they're walking past it as if it's no big deal? Yeah, that's how I felt.

I walked into the teen section and saw a girl sitting behind the counter with her phone in her hand. I cleared my throat and she looked up.

"Oh hey," she smiled, "you're Kat, right?"

I nodded and she stood up off her seat as I walked behind the counter. "I'm Grace," she said, shaking my hand.

I smiled back, "nice to meet you."

"That's your computer," she said, pointing over at the one a bit away from her's.

I placed my bag on the floor next to my chair and we both took a seat. I watched as she kicked her legs on top of the desk, as if she was on vacation.

"You know," she started, "I'm surprised Cami hired you."

"Why?"

She shrugged, "she doesn't hire girls who she thinks are a threat to her."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "what does that mean?"

"It means that we work in a library but she treats it as if it's America's Next Top Model," she said to me. "And every girl is a threat."

"Then how'd she hire you?"

"I'm the boss' daughter," she smiled.

I nodded in understanding, "makes sense. I think Cami has this evil plot to steal my boyfriend."

"Zayn, right?" She asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows once again, "yeah. How'd you know?"

"Cami couldn't stop talking about how hot he was the moment after you guys left the interview."

My stomach sank, "skank."

Grace giggled, "couldn't agree more."

***

"Hottie alert," Grace called out from next to me, nodding over to the doors.

I saw Zayn walking inside, a smile on his face as he saw me. He walked and stood across the counter, "what's up beautiful?"

I turned to Grace and said, "Grace, meet Zayn."

Grace's cheeks turned pink as she apologized under her breath. I smiled at her as we both stood up off our seats. Grace and Zayn shook hands, introducing themselves.

"It's lunch break," Zayn said to me.

I turned to Grace, confused until she said, "oh yeah, it is. I forgot to tell you."

I smiled at her then turned to Zayn, "okay, where do you want to go for lunch?"

"Kat, you can't go anywhere," Cami's bitchy voice said as she walked into the room. "You have to put these books in the shelves within the next hour."

"I can do that later," I said to her.

"No you can't," she fake smiled. "You have to do this within the next hour because Burton Elementary is coming here in an hour to get books."

"What about lunch?" Zayn asked.

"I'm heading out, if you want to come eat with me. Kat, you can eat afterwards," she wickedly grinned at me.

Zayn chuckled, "no thanks, I'll just wait."

She straightened her skirt, "are you sure? She might take a long time."

I smirked at her once Zayn said, "that's fine. I'll wait."

She sighed in defeat, then turned to Grace. "You coming?"

She nodded, grabbing her purse. "Be right there."

Zayn and I watched as they both left the teen section, making the library almost empty. There is barely anyone here and I didn't even know if there was an actual school that was coming here.

I walked around the counter and pushed the cart, sighing. "I hate Cami so much."

Zayn chuckled, "I agree."

I smiled, pushing the cart around and beginning to place the books on their correct shelves. Zayn joined in, putting the books back along with me.

"I was thinking," Zayn said, "it's been a while since we've last had time to ourselves. You know, not unpacking or finding jobs or running away sorta time?"

I nodded, "agreed."

He put a book on the shelf and said, "what about Saturday night?"

I turned to him, "someone's eager."

He shrugged, "one of us have to be."

"I'm eager," I fought, crossing my arms over my chest.

He shrugged, "not as much as me."

"Bullshit," I set my book down and walked towards him. "I'm more eager than you."

"Yeah?" Zayn asked, smirking as I unbuttoned the top button of his shirt.

"Yeah," I said before smashing my lips against his. I placed my hands on his neck, bringing him closer. He pressed my back against the bookshelf, knocking a few books off while he was doing it, but he didn't care. He placed his hands on my waist, his fingers sliding under my shirt.

I slid my tongue in his mouth, letting myself claim dominance before he could. He chuckled at my attempt, leaning down and wrapping my legs around his waist and holding my up. He used my skirt to his advantage as he slid his hands under it, sending goosebumps on my skin.

"Babe," I moaned as he pulled away and pressed his lips against my neck. My nails dug into his hair before I soon realized that he was once again, more dominant than me.

"How eager are you?" He whispered in my ear.

"More than you," I whispered back.

He chuckled deeply, "I doubt that."

I smiled at him, leaning in to kiss him once more when I heard something fall. I turned my head to see Grace standing there with her mouth open. Zayn set me down and I straightened my skirt, my cheeks heated up and Zayn let out a low, nervous chuckle.

We are so fired.

"Forgot my keys," she said, jingling her keys in the air.

"Sorry," I started, "we were just-"

"Shelving the books," she interrupted, "I know."

Zayn bent down and picked a book off the floor, "you know how distracting this job can get."

She nodded, "understandable. We all have different distractions." She pulled a pack of cigarettes out of her pocket and winked at us.

She started walking towards the door and she called over her shoulder, "the janitor's closet is empty by the way."

My cheeks turned red but Zayn just laughed. She walked out of the door and I took a giant breath of relief.

"Were we talking about the same thing?" I asked.

"I have no clue," Zayn laughed.

I turned and shoved him back, "our eagerness nearly got us fired!"

He chuckled, "but it was so worth it."

-----------

Nooooo goals bc I updated after years. Sorry babes. I'm going to update v soon I've just been so busy. Love you guys soooo much. Don't kill me bc this was short.

BUT HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!! IM DOING A Q&A SO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS LEAVE IT IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH. ANSWERING EVERY QUESTION :)))

VOTE COMMENT SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 33K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
102K 1.8K 29
Elliot Stevens has been abused and hated her whole life by the person who is supposed to love you always. Elliot is a genius because she thought it w...
53.8K 3.7K 96
Second place winner in the Teenfiction category, Eternity Awards. #3 Highschool #1 Lovetriangle #30 Romance - 31/12/2020 #33 Teenlove #1 Billionaires...
52.6M 2.2M 200
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...