Red String Of Fate System (Dr...

Par shadow-cat8

Rei was a ordinary high schooler, until he died in an unfortunate accident. When he expected a peaceful after... Plus

Author's Note
Prologue
The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.1)
The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.2)
The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.3)
Character Cast
The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.4)
The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.6)
The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.7)
The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.8)
The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.9)
Valentines Day Special

The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.5)

3.5K 170 36
Par shadow-cat8

'It feels weird to be back here again.'

[Host, you will be back here whenever you finish the missions in the world or if you die in a world. Let's hope you never get the latter or else you'll be punished, and this system will be demoted.]

'Don't worry, Amour. You can count on me.'

[Okay Host.]

'I have trouble believing that.'

'So where's Zack?' I asked the orb of blue light next to me. 

[He's over there.] 

I looked at where Amour drifted off to and saw a silhouette, whom I assumed was Zack, and an orb of green light next to him, which was probably system 007.

The figure turned his head towards me. I could see him lazily reclining on a sofa. Where that sofa came from? I had absolutely no idea. I supposed it wasn't important, so I just ignored it.

" I never expected you to be a world hopper like me." I said casually.

"Neither did I." a deep magnetic voice replied back.

"Sooo . . . I got to help you and your lover get your happy ending, huh?" I said, stating the obvious. I cursed at myself, but come on, what else would I say? I barely knew the guy and honestly I didn't have a good impression of him. 

"Look here, I only agreed to this because I wouldn't be able to protect Alis all the time. I don't want him to suffer anymore. He's been through enough. I don't like you but I suppose I have to trust you to protect Alistair. If anything dares happen to him, I'll make your entire exsistence is miserable." His voice got lower as he spoke the last sentence.

I could feel sweat on my palms, and I even shivered a bit, but I mostly felt angry.

"The feeling is mutual! Also, I planned on protecting him seriously anyways. I have my own motives, too."

Zack glared at me.

"Hmph! Pathetic, I bet by your own motives you're probably promised money." He said, like the idea of that was distasteful.

"So what?! It's my choice if I want to do it for money. I don't expect you to understand, anyways."

Who did this guy think he was?! I did what I wanted and I was going to help him. What was with his attitude? And I had stick with him in every world. I internally sighed. Okay Rei, just focus on the prize. You can persevere. Plus, this guy is still better than the demon boss, I worked for in my lifetime. You stuck with that guy for 6 whole months, so you can obviously deal with this guy. 

[Calm down you two. You'll have to work together. At least talk about your jobs instead of fighting. Follow system 007 and my example. We get along so well.]

[We get along well?! Since when? I'm only talking to you because of the mission. Don't get the wrong idea.]

[Shut up 007. We're supposed to set an example for our hosts who are fighting like children, not fight like them ourselves.]

[I have no plans to get along with you! I don't even want to pretend. Stop trying to act like a good system.]

[ . . . You're still angry about that huh. Well, I apologized to you already. Can't you forgive me and move on already.]

[Forgive you? Hah, no way. I hate you, but I still have to work with you. What was Goddess thinking of making us work together?]

"Even our systems don't get along." I said. "I agree with you 007, um, or whatever your name is. I don't see how this could work." It seemed Amour had an unpleasant history with 007. I wonder what happened? Eh, it's not my business, I probably shouldn't ask.

[At least your host is smart. And my name . . . Host named me Lun.]

" Nice to meet you Lun."

[Nice to meet you, too, system 008's host.]

"Ah, I call 008, Amour."

"You name your system Amour, yet you still claim money is more important to you." Zack said, staring at me weirdly.

"What does that have to do with anything?" What was this guy talking about? 

[ . .  . Host doesn't know what it means. It's best if you let him figure it out himself.]

" I see. That would be interesting."

"What? Now I'm curious, what does amour mean?" 

[Sorry host, but my lips are sealed.]

I reluctantly looked over at Zack but he was just looking at me indifferently.

"Why are you both like that? I'm your host Amour, you're supposed to take my side."

[ Host, you have to figure that out on your own.]

"I rather like your system. Unlike it's host, it knows how to have fun." Zack said, smiling lightly.

[Ah, I like you too. You're pretty smart and seems like you can get the job done. Not surprising with your background.]

"Stop stealing my system!"

[Stop stealing my host!]

Lun and I both yelled at the same time. Then we both looked at each other.

"You know what! Who needs Amour? Lun, let's hang out together." I said.

[I agree. Hmmmm, at least you don't bully me like a certain someone I know.]

"Seems like birds of a feather flock together." Zack said, with an amused expression on his face.

Amour was moving up and down, indicating that he agreed with Zack.

"Whatever. We have to get back to the world." I said, brushing off his comment. 

Zack's expression suddenly turned serious. 

"Lun, you said that the world now shifted to become a D world right? Do you know what will happen now?"

[I . . . don't know. I haven't been upgraded yet, so I don't have access to that the information.]

Zack sighed.

"Amour told me that the FL seduced a mafia boss and will most probably plan to get rid of Aide- I mean Alistair."

[There's more. She will try to frame him for abusing her since you chose him to be your secretary instead of her and the mary sue halo within her will increase by 26%, making the world considerably more challenging than the usual tutorial world.]

[ . . . Stop stealing my role!]

[I'm only telling the information you don't have access to.]

[You show-off, just leave me alone!]

Lun hovered behind Zack while Amour was laughing a little. At least, I think he was laughing. Who knew if systems could actually laugh?

I noticed that Zack wasn't paying attention to the systems' dispute. Instead, he looked deep in thought with anger visible in his eyes. Zack's expression darkened.

"Hmmmm, looks like I'll have to teach her a lesson."

"Finally something we can agree on! I still have to get revenge for the original Ray. I'll help you. Plus, I hate people like her anyways."

"Even though you value luxury just like her?"

"I don't have a despicable character like her. I told you to stop comparing me to those people."

"Sure, whatever, let's head back."

"Yeah."

We both looked at each other. We weren't friends, or even getting along well with each other, but for now, we were temporary allies, working with each other to reach our own goals. For now, whether we liked it or not, we would have to work together. 

[Transporting to world xxxx1]

 Amour and Lun's voices resonated in the room as the white light engulfed the whole room. Time to return to the world. I can't wait to get started . . . 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

35.4K 2.3K 81
Just read the book to know. This book is inspired by the book Enigmatic queen by @SuccessSmile. I have made a lot of changes in the story as then I...
247K 12K 59
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
185K 4.4K 106
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...
66.9K 180 20
Smut 18+ ONLY! ⚠️WARNING⚠️ ⚠️CONTAINS MUTURE CONTENT⚠️ ⚠️VERY SEXUAL 18+⚠️ 22 year old Raven Johnson is just going to her yearly doctors appointment...