Four Horsemen of the Apocalyp...

By CelestialShadowWolf

Final Fantasy XV x Reader Book one in the short "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" series Noctis x Reader **Sm... More

|| One ||
|| Two ||
|| Three ||
|| Four ||
|| Five ||
|| Six ||
|| Seven ||
|| Eight ||
|| Nine ||
|| Ten ||
|| Eleven ||
|| Twelve ||
|| Thirteen ||
|| Fourteen ||
|| Fifteen ||
|| Sixteen ||
|| Seventeen ||
|| Eighteen ||
|| Nineteen ||
|| Twenty ||
|| Twenty-One ||
|| Twenty-Three ||
|| Twenty-Four ||

|| Twenty-Two ||

1.7K 54 1
By CelestialShadowWolf

After learning of Ardyn's circumstances, Noctis filled (Y/n) in on their luck in finding what was hindering his abilities. Now, the boy was able to summon his weapons and so were the others. During the entire conversation, Prompto seemed to be nervous. Death picked up on his body language and eyed him with confusion. "Is everything alright, Prom?"

The sharpshooter continued to fidget as he scuffed the tip of his boot against the floor. He glanced between Noctis, Gladio, and Ignis before spilling his secret. He removed his glove and revealed the barcode on his wrist as he told her of how he was meant to become a MT. During their conversation, Prompto couldn't look (Y/n) in the eye until the very end when he realized she hadn't reacted. Lifting his azure eyes, he saw Death smiling. "Y'know, you're taking to a girl who died a hundred years ago and was resurrected twenty years later to become the Horseman of Death. If you think you're a monster, that makes me the queen of monsters."

Prompto had to admit her response was odd, but it did comfort him. His tense muscles relaxed as he secured his glove. "So, you don't think of me any differently?"

"All I see in front of me is the same smiley boy I met several months ago. You're still Prompto regardless of what is on your skin. And last time I checked, you're a Lucian just like your friends. It doesn't matter where you were born-the only thing that matters is what path you decide to take and right now, you're walking the same path as all of us because you chose to."

The blonde was moved by (Y/n)'s speech and felt a few tears escape his eyes. "Thanks, (Y/n)."

The Horseman smiled gently. "Just remember who you are and forget where you're from. Focus on where you want to go and you'll never be alone."

<-------<<<<<<<

An hour passed as the group searched for the Crystal. Morosely, they hadn't been able to find a single trace of the artifact and were forced to find a place to rest for a short while.

Inside another sleeping quarters, Noctis glanced in (Y/n)'s direction. "Do you think it's been long enough?"

Death knew what the boy was referring to and tilted her head slightly. "It's been an hour. I'm not sure how long the process takes when an immortal from this world is fused with a monster from the Inner Sanctum."

"Why the hell would he merge his body with a monster that would turn him mortal?" Gladio asked.

"I don't think Ardyn thought his plan through. He believes his willpower is stronger than the Wendigo's, but it seems he is wrong. Now, the creature is slowly taking over both bodies and will overtake his immortal one, making him easier for us to handle. He's powerful, but he's no longer immortal," (Y/n) replied as she sat down in the bed beside Noctis.

"Once Ardyn's gone, all we have to do is find the Crystal," Prompto stated. "And then we can go home!"

"Home is kinda in shambles right now, 'member?" Gladio said.

"We can rebuild it," Noctis proclaimed.

(Y/n) smiled as she leaned forward with her hands in her lap. "All we have to do is locate the Crystal and defeat Ardyn, then we'll be on our way out of this hellish place."

"Any idea where they would keep the Crystal?" Gladio asked everyone.

"The farthest place from the front door-the top floor. We need to find the central elevator and head to the top of the Keep," (Y/n) stated.

Suddenly, a familiar demonic chuckle was heard and Death jumped to her feet. Prompto swallowed nervously as he stared at the door. "W-What was that?"

"Ardyn-he's found us."

The boys hopped to their feet and summoned their weapons. (Y/n) approached the door and just as she summoned her scythe, a clawed appendage pierced the metal and grabbed her. The Horseman's scythe clattered to the ground as she was yanked through the hole in the door.

Death could feel her bones being crushed under the constricted hold Ardyn had on her body as he dragged her away from the boys. The claws ripped through her clothes and pierced her skin, causing (Y/n) to cry out in pain. She tried to use her deadly touch and disintegrate the arm, but her arms were pinned to her sides and she couldn't move her hands.

Ardyn dragged the Horseman around Zegnautus Keep before finally having to come to a stop because the Wendigo was gnawing away at his mind and body, forcing him to fight two battles at once. From the pain exhibited on the chancellor's face, she knew the Wendigo was winning. (Y/n) tried to free herself, but Ardyn's grip didn't falter as he fought the other worldly monster for control. Death knew this would be the perfect time to kill the hybrid and end both lives, but she was powerless in her current predicament.

The familiar sound of a blade ripping into flesh caught (Y/n)'s attention and she saw one of Ignis' daggers embedded in the hybrid's other arm. Then, she turned her head just as Noctis threw his father's sword and warped, slashing off the arm that held the Horseman hostage. The boy grabbed (Y/n) and warped to safety just as an ear piercing wail left the hybrid, forcing everyone to cover their ears from the frequency.

Once the monster ceased yelling, (Y/n) glanced at Prompto. "I'm gonna need you to take out the Wendigo, Prom."

"I thought you had to cut its head clean off in order to kill it," the blonde retorted.

"Not when it's sharing a body. Aim right for the head and fire."

"What is your stratagem, (Y/n)?" Ignis questioned as his dagger reappeared in his hand.

"Kill the Wendigo and allow Ardyn to have full control of the body. That way, his immortal status will vanish completely," Death stated, her scythe appearing in her grasp.

"Will that even work?" Noctis doubted Death.

"Once the Wendigo is dead, its blood will enter Ardyn's body and turn him mortal for a small time. In that time frame, we must kill him to end all of this."

"Whatever sends this bastard to Hell, I'm in," Gladio said.

Prompto swallowed nervously. "Does that mean..."

(Y/n) nodded. "Yes. We will have to sever his head from the rest of his body."

"Bastard deserves more for what he did to all of us. I'll be the one to chop his head off for what he did to Luna," Noctis growled.

"Let's get this over with," (Y/n) sighed.

"Right behind ya."

<-------<<<<<<<

Once Noctis, Gladio, Ignis, and (Y/n) ran circles around the hybrid, they were able to provide Prompto with the opening he needed. Raising his pistol, he aimed it at the Wendigo's head and fired. The bullet ripped through the monster's brain, killing it in a heartbeat.

"You have made a grave error," Ardyn chuckled as he swatted Gladio and Ignis away like flies. Noctis and (Y/n) stood with their weapons resting by their sides, exhausted from all the fighting.

Even though she felt her muscles screaming from the intense battle, (Y/n) stood tall with a smirk. "You seem so sure of yourself. It seems you didn't do your research, you foul monster."

"Oh?" Ardyn hummed in amusement. "What is the cause of such a boisterous expression in the heat of battle?"

"The fact that you fail to know the consequences when fused with a monster from the Inner Sanctum. Once one head of the hybrid is slain, the blood courses through the other portion of the body and grants the other head attached its powers and traits. Coincidentally, you fused yourself with a monster that is mortal. And now, you are mortal-an easy target to kill," (Y/n) responded, her smirk growing.

"Impossible," Ardyn growled. "Immortality cannot be overwritten by the abilities of such a foul creature!"

"It can if you're willing to give up your humanity to fuse with an atrocity such as a Wendigo. It's a fitting end for you."

Before Ardyn could retort, Noctis warped behind the hybrid and attacked. He drove his father's blade into the creature's neck, slicing through it with ease. Then, the head of the chancellor fell from the body and rolled before coming to a halt when it hit (Y/n)'s feet. She eyed the decapitated head before kicking it away. "I've never been so happy to see or kick a head on the floor."

"Aren't we all," Noctis said, dispelling his weapon.

"I think I'm gonna puke..." Prompto placed a hand over his mouth before running across the room and releasing the contents of his stomach.

"Is it finally over?" Gladio asked as he ridded himself of his sword.

(Y/n) nodded slowly. "Yes. All we need to do now is find the Crystal and return it to Insomnia. It'll be tough, but I know we can do it. Noctis will also be able to claim the throne and become the rightful king."

"With the city in ruin, our task has become quite strenuous," Ignis said.

"Once we return the Crystal and Noctis takes his place as king, the long nights will end. But, I fear Insomnia may already be suffering from large scale daemon activity. We'll need to be careful," Death exclaimed.

"Can't you just strike a deal with the Daemon King and ask him nicely to take the daemons out of the city? You know him personally," Prompto said as he returned.

"You make it sound so easy," (Y/n) huffed with laughter. "But no, that would only anger the daemons and put King Aeshema in danger. That's the last thing we wanna do."

"Our worries of the Crown City will arise when the time approaches," the tactician stated.

The shield nodded in agreement. "Iggy's right. Let's just find the Crystal and get as far away from this place as possible."

<-------<<<<<<<<

After finding the Crystal, another issue arose. The five had no clue how to transport it out of the Keep. With a bright idea from Ignis, they were able to contact Aranea's ship and take the Crystal to Hammerhead for the time being. The group knew the artifact would be safe there and it was the closest outpost to the city.

<--------<<<<<<<<

Several months passed and night was all everyone knew. The boys and Death were concocting a plan to head into Insomnia and deliver the Crystal, but the same issue kept their plan from proceeding. The city was crawling with daemons and they didn't have enough manpower to push through them without sacrificing lives. (Y/n) paced back and forth in Takka's Pit Stop before her eyes widened.

Noctis turned to his girlfriend with a hopeful gaze. "I know that look. What've you come up with?"

The girl smiled, meeting his gaze with a small bow. "The Four Horsemen are at your disposal, Your Majesty."

Then, three girls appeared behind (Y/n) out of thin air. Famine, Pestilence, and War walked over to stand beside their sister and greeted the boys that sat at the table. "We'll help in any way we can. You can count on us!" Famine cheered, smiling gently.

"We could use a break from the Inner Sanctum," War commented.

"Eos was also our home once. We desire for the rightful king to take his place, restore the Crystal, and return the light back to this plagued world," Pestilence added.

"We've got our plan. When do we leave?" Gladio eagerly inquired.

"We rest before departing," Ignis replied.

"Yeah, I'm still worn out from the daemon hunting yesterday," Noctis sighed as he leaned back in his seat.

"I hope this goes smoothly," Prompto worriedly said.

"We'll make sure of it," (Y/n) said, gesturing to her sisters. The blonde was more relaxed than earlier now that he was reassured and knew they would have a higher chance of succeeding with the help of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 20 10
You and Vi were pretty close. Until 7 years later things have change. You have no memories as you work to protect the Chosen King. Later on he resen...
2.4K 134 39
A brand-new fanfic based on the hugely-popular Final Fantasy XV and Kingsglaive franchises by renowned company Square Enix. Join some of the most pop...
55.9K 1.5K 25
Noctis Lucis Caelum Fanfiction!! |English is not my first language, therefore I apologize in advance for spelling errors / grammar and any other mist...
163 9 13
King Regis appointed four of Prince Noctis' friends, Ignis Scientia, Gladiolus Amicitia, Prompto Argentum, and Azura Leonis, to help guide and protec...