Femme Fatale

By RebelleFleur00

When Damon Carbone, the rightful heir to the Italian Mafia gets overthrown and betrayed by his own family, he... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 16

49.8K 2.2K 1.1K
By RebelleFleur00

** DAMON CARBONE POV **

"Are you fucking kidding me? I can't believe you made that deal!" Angelo yelled in frustration as we walked into a beach house Ghost called "Safe House 201", whatever the hell that means. 

I haven't had the time to inform Angelo and Gio that we were partnered with four of the most successful and elusive criminals in the world, so when they overhead my deal with Miss Thorn, they instantly started to lose their shit. The crew was unfazed as usual, already planning on how to break her son, Axel out of jail. 

"This is absurd. We've been running from the cops our entire lives, now you want us to break into one of the most secure facilities in America? What the hell is wrong with you?!" Gio said as ran up beside us. 

"Oh stop being a lil' bitch, will you?" Rebel said from behind us, giving Gio a scowl. 

"Conference room." Ghost simply said as she walked past us with a cigarette in her mouth. 

"Damon, you've had a shit ton of horrid ideas, but this one is by far your worst." Angelo whispered to me as we walked a few feet behind the crew, who was mumbling and already planning for the job. 

"You remember those robberies that have been happening all over the country?" I whispered to him, boredom lacing my tone. 

"Yeah? What about them?" Angelo said quietly. I nodded towards Ghost, Rebel, Storm and Fox, then looked back at him with my eyebrow raised. 

"No shit." Gio said beside us as his eyes widened. 

"So it's going to go just fine, brother." I said as I patted his back roughly before walking through the door to the office. We all took our seats around the wooden conference table as Fox and Angelo sat beside each other behind the desk in the corner. 

Fox pulled up all of the files on Axel and the penitentiary, filling the screen on the wall with details on everything: files on the guards, the facility blueprints, the security breakdown, a street view covering a 10 mile radius from the prison, fucking everything. 

"Let's get started then, shall we?" Ghost said as she took a long drag of her cigarette and walked in front of the screen, her eyes darting and scanning all the information in front of her. 

7 Hours later...

"Does everyone understand the plan?" Ghost said as she leaned back in her chair. We've been in here for hours, only taking a break when Rebel ordered pizza, which ended up taking longer than expected because she shot the man in the head because her pizza wasn't burnt enough, so we had to wait until she cleaned that shit up to continue. 

"Which one? Plan A,B,C, or D?" Gio's groaned in exhaustion as he slammed his head against the desk. 

"All of them." Ghost said as she glared at him. She took the time to come up with a detailed and intricate plan, then took it upon herself to come up with three backup plans. They rolled out a whiteboard, and for hours I watched as Ghost mapped out and drew her perfectly throughout plans in her flawless penmanship. 

"Fox, make sure you send the annotated copies of the plan to this fool." Rebel smirked as she looked at a groaning Gio. 

"We're going to hit the penitentiary tomorrow night at 7:00 sharp. It's late, I'd recommend everyone get's a good nights sleep, we're going to have one hell of a day tomorrow." She said before she stood up and exited the room without another word. 

We all went straight to our room, mentally exhausted from memorizing detailed information and strategies. I entered my lavish guest room and locked the door behind me. I threw off my shirt and tossed it into a hamper in the bathroom. I reached in my duffle bag and grabbed some sweatpants, when my hand grazed the cover of the journal hidden at the bottom of it. 

I moved the clothes out of the way and grasped it in my hands. I walked over to a chair placed in front of the doors to the balcony, and flopped down on the plush seat. 

I carefully pulled back the cover as to not rip it anymore than it already is, and was surprised to see messy penmanship filling the pages. I squinted my eyes as started to decipher the first page of scribbly writing:

Day 1

I don't know where I am. I don't remember how I got here. I don't remember anything at all. I woke up in a hospital bed placed in a cold and empty room. Did I get hurt? The only thing in here was a black backpack, with this journal inside. I hid the journal under my pillow before they took the backpack away. Whenever I try and ask the doctors what happened, they just ignore me. I was hoping they would call me by my name, so I would know it, but they just keep referring to me as 002. I tried opening the doors, but they locked me in. What the hell is going on?

Day 4

They finally let me out of the room, and told me that I was going to my bedroom. Did I live here before?  The walls of my room were cement, with six small beds in the corner and a tiny bathroom attached. As soon as I walked into the room, they closed the door and locked me. There were no windows, no paintings, no clocks on the wall...nothing but concrete. I couldn't tell if it was night or day, so I've been keeping track of the time passed by counting seconds until they formed hours. Hopefully I've only been here for four days...

Day 5 

I got a roommate today, they told me to call her 001. She doesn't talk much. We've been locked in the room until they bring us food, which usually isn't that good. Just chicken and vegetables with a glass of water. 

Am I ever going to leave this place?

Day 10 

They took us out of the room and separated us. The hallways were empty, no one here except for me, 001, and a bunch of men and women in lab coats. They threw me in a bright room, and strapped me to a chair. A few doctors came in, and rolled in a cart full of tools. They hooked me up to a heart monitor, and my vitals were displayed on a screen next to me. They tortured me, and recorded the data on a computer. They beat me, electrocuted me, and cut my skin with knives. It felt like I was in that room for hours, begging them to stop, until they finally put a cold blue ointment on my wounds. They unstrapped me, and carried me back into my room, where I just laid there and cried on my bed. It was a long time before 001 came back, carried in my a doctor and placed gently on her bed. I'm assuming she went through the same thing I did, except the marks on her skin were much worse than mine. 

What are they doing to us?

Day 15

We got another roommate today, his name was 003. He was a talkative boy, which annoyed 001, who still kept to herself. 003 said he didn't remember anything before coming here either. Every night they took us out of our room, and separated us. With each day came a new torture technique, today was burning my skin. It was four hours before they put the blue ointment on my skin, and tossed me back into my room. I don't know what kind of medicine they've been putting on me, but it makes my skin heal by the next day. 003 was already in the room when I got back, cuts up his arms and burn marks from being electrocuted, just like the first time they took me to that room. It was 3 more hours until 001 came back. Her skin was almost deformed from the third degree burns she had all over her body. She always came back with worse injuries than me. 

Day 25

When I returned back to my room after another session, I found 003 dead in his bed. I screamed and cried, alerting the doctors outside our door. They walked in and took him away without another word. 001 came back 3 hours later, the doctors carrying her and throwing her onto her bed. I told her 003 was dead, and she just closed her eyes and went to sleep. 

I'm going to die here, aren't I?

I closed the journal and placed it back into my duffle bag, hidden beneath my belongings. My skin was crawling from reading those journal entries. I walked out onto the balcony and lit up a cigarette, deeply inhaling before I let out a breath. I leaned up against the rail of my second story balcony, resting my elbows on the cold metal. 

The moon was reflecting off of the dark ocean in front of me, lighting up the beach as the stars illuminated the sky. A few hundred feet in front of me was Ghost, her back was turned towards me as she was sitting in the sand with her knees pressed to her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs. She was just staring out into the ocean, as still as a statue as the waves crashed in front of her, lost in the abyss of her own mind. 

What the hell happened to you, Ghost?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 1.2K 64
Betrayal. Revenge. Obsession. Femme fatale Yuriko Rivera had set her mind on only one thing for three years now, ever since her father was merciless...
317K 8.5K 37
"I'm going to bury myself so deep inside you it will leave you feeling empty when I'm gone," He whispers breathlessly in my ear. I gulp feeling the a...
4M 103K 44
Her name is Alexia Ivanov. Every single person in the mafia knows her name. She is known as the Cold Blooded Assassin. She kills her enemies in the...
2.8K 144 42
It's the year 1920 and England is slowly recovering from the events of the world war. The lower to middle-class families had to live off crumbs while...