Smart // Luke Hemmings

Galing kay idekkhemmo

"And in that moment, I found out Luke Hemmings is the perfect example of a bad boy." Daniela Gray's world is... Higit pa

Chapter 1 // The New Neighbors
Chapter 2 // Maths
Chapter 3 // Babysitters
Chapter 4 // Halloween Bash
Chapter 5 // Mall
Chapter 6 // Skipped
Chapter 7 // Sleepover
Chapter 8 // Outside Meetings
Chapter 9 // Avoiding
Chapter 10 // Absent
Chapter 11 // Vistors
Chapter 12 // Homecoming
Chapter 13 // Here & Now
Chapter 14 // Rumors
Chapter 15 // Dinner
Chapter 16 // New Years
Chapter 17 // Drama Class
Chapter 18 // Lunch
Chapter 19 // Tutor
Chapter 20 // Valentine's Day Studying
Chapter 22 // Take out
Character Q&A
Character Q&A Answers
Chapter 23 // Tutu
Chapter 24 // Test
Chapter 25 // Lunch with Luke
Chapter 26 // Party Time
Chapter 27 // Midterms
Chapter 28 // Lazy Day
Chapter 29 // Office Party
Chapter 30 // The Real Date
Chapter 31 // Date Night
Chapter 32 // Finally
Chapter 33 // Ex-virgin
Chapter 34 // Photography
Chapter 35 // Nominees
Chapter 36 // New Guy
Chapter 37 // Prom
Chapter 38 // Road Trip
Chapter 39 // Graduation
Chapter 40 // The End
THERES A SEQUEL

Chapter 21 // Overslept

23.6K 594 141
Galing kay idekkhemmo

Chapter 21 // Overslept

I woke up to my phone ringing. I coughed to clear my morning voice.  "Hello?"

"Gray?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"I'm outside."

"Wait what?" I sat up in my bed.

"I'm outside. I'm here for our study date." I already knew he was smirking through the phone.

"Oh shit." I muttered. "I'll be right down." I stood up from my bed and went to the mirror. I took out my ponytail from last night and braided it real fast to the side. I didn't care if I was still in my pajamas. I felt my eyes were super dry. I went into the bathroom to take my contacts out and put them in their case. Since I'm blind, I had to wear my glasses. I ran down the stairs and opened the door. "Hi."

"You should have told me we were having a pajama party." Luke pointed out.

I rolled my eyes at his remark. "We agreed on 1 pm right?"

"Yeah. It's 1 right now." Luke smirked.

"Crap. I overslept." I groaned.

"I could tell." He chuckled a bit.

"Come in." I held the door open for him as he walked inside. After I closed the door, I followed him to the living room. "So I was studying a little bit after you left last night."

"Did you use the flashcards I left you?"

"Yes, and I got 7 out of 20 wrong."

"Good! You're improving." I smiled as he smiled back.

"Alright so, I'm going to go change and we'll start studying." I jogged up the stairs and locked my room's door. I picked out some skinny jeans and a muscle tee. After I was done, I went downstairs. "You look nice."

I mumbled thanks and sat down next to Luke. "Let's start with the 20 questions and then I'll make you a sample test."

"What's a sample test?" Luke asked.

"It's not the real test but it has the same questions on it." I replied. I took the flashcards from the table and started quizzing Luke.

~*~

"6 out of 20. That's pretty good."

"Sample test now?"

"Yes." I ripped a paper from my notebook and quickly scribbled the questions onto the paper. Once I was done, I passed him the paper. "You have terrible handwriting." Luke chuckled.

"Yes I know, just take the damn test."

~*~

"Let me grade it."

"You look like a teacher with those glasses."

"Wow thanks." I took my glasses off but Luke put his hand on mine.

"It wasn't supposed to be a rude comment, I think you look pretty.. Good." He smiled. He took my glasses and put them on himself. "Damn you're blind." I giggled at him. He looked up at me and started posing with my glasses. "How do I look?"

"Like a teacher."

"A hot teacher?" He smirked.

"No, a lame math teacher." I smiled. He stuck out his tongue at me like 5 year old. I also stuck my tongue out. I looked down at his paper and graded it. I circled the final grade and passed him the paper. "18 out of 20? Gray! Is this real?!"

"Yes!" He stuck his hand up in the air for a high five. I highfived him as he smiled at me. "Can we take a break?"

"You earned it." I replied.

~*~

I whipped up sandwiches for our late lunch. We sat in the dining room to eat. "So can I ask you something?"

"Depends." I said, putting my sandwich down.

"Alright so, why does Michael call you 'smartie'?" I groaned. "Come on, Gray please?"

"Why don't you ask Michael?" I scoffed.

"He won't tell me." Luke said.

"Alright well, I've been in this town for like 4 maybe 5 years now. When I first started school, I had braces and glasses. I had glasses worse than these. So anyway, I went to school and started talking to the teachers. So I guess I was a 'teacher's pet'. In my freshman year I had like 3 classes with Michael, continuously. Like I think I had history, maths, and literature with him. It sucked because he would get a bad grade and then bash on me about it since I got a higher grade than him. He would push me around and yell 'smartie' at me. He eventually stopped after you came." I looked down at my fingers.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

"Well I don't blame Michael not telling you. He probably really wanted you to be his friend." I barely whispered.

"Oh, you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"I was friends with Michael and Calum since I was in year 6. I moved when I was about to start high school."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I took a bite of my sandwich as he took a sip of his drink.

"I think we should start studying again." I said after we finished our sandwiches. Luke nodded in agreement.

~*~

"4 out of 20. You're getting there." I told him. I checked the time on my phone. I saw that I had 3 missed calls from Ashton, 5 missed calls from Violet and 20 text messages from the both of them. I called Violet back and on the first ring she answered. "Dani! Are you okay?!"

"Yeah why?"

"You weren't answering our calls."

"Why did you guys call me anyway?"

"We wanted to invite you to bowling with us."

"To third wheel?"

"What? No!"
"Anyway, I have plans."

"Plans?"

"Yeah, I'm hanging out with someone." I looked over at Luke. He was watching me intently. When we made eye contact, he smiled at me.

"Someone?!"

"Yeah. I'll call you later. Have fun on your bowling date." I hung up and laughed at what just happened. Luke started laughing along with me. "I heard her say 'someone?!'. Her reaction was great." Luke said. "Anyway it's getting late, I should go home."

"You don't have to." I blurted out. He smirked at me. "I mean you could stay. My mom isn't coming home until later and I think she would love to see you. Sammy wanted to see you also."

"Alright, I'll stay."
"My brother recently got a new game for his PlayStation. You want to play?"

Luke's mouth turned into a smile. "Sure."

~*~

"I win! Once again!" Luke stood up and danced a little victory dance.

"I'll beat you next game." I said.

"Wanna bet?"

"It's so on."

"If I win next game, you have to do anything I say!"

"Ew no!"

"Why'd you say ew?"

"You'll probably make me do sexual things." I pointed out.

"Thanks for the idea, Gray." Luke winked at me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Think of something else."

"If I win, you have to go out to lunch with me again."

"With Johanna?" I asked, without meaning too.

"No." My head shot up and looked up at him. "Just us."

"Alright. And if I win the next game, you have to run down the street naked."

"Damn Gray. You don't have to make a bet with me to see me naked." He winked.

"Never mind I change it. If I win, you have to wear a tutu to school."

"Deal." He stuck out his hand and I shook it.

~*~

"Damn it!" Luke yelled.

"HA! I win! You lose! Now you have to go to school with a tutu!!" I laughed. He pouted. "Aw the poor baby lost to a girl."

"I'm older and taller than you."

I smiled at is response. "Alright, alright. But, you still have to wear the tutu."

~*~

Luke in a tutu is the cutest thing ever amirite ladies?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

183K 3.6K 117
Unknown: Although maybe I'll thank him 2 Me: lol why? Unknown: Cos he made me talk 2 u (C) brainoverload 🤓 2018 / added to in 2021 Calum hood fan f...
73K 2.4K 38
'No questions. I won't ask you about your past, you won't ask about mine. The only past we talk about is ours. And no asking about my problems. Every...
10.8M 265K 49
In which Luke is in love with his best friend Victoria, who has a not-so-great boyfriend. Trying to navigate relationships, friendships and Luke's ba...
38.2K 698 41
In which a girl who's scared of love falls for a boy who's afraid of being left. ((Completed)) *under editing* Rankings: #2 in lukehemmings