Girls // 5SOS

By BritishBums

β–ͺ "Have you guys ever considered competition with other bands in the music industry?" The interviewer asks th... More

Girls // 5SOS
1 - banding
2 - world-war-twitter
3 - MSG and morning surprises
4 - sucky solutions
5 - "what he's cute?"
6 - battle of the sexes
7 - sisters before misters
8 - free pizza
9 - simple but effective
10 - literal dickheads
11 - two truths and a lie
12 - gives you hell
14 - mess
15 - partay
16 - holy boobs
17 - clifford the big red dog
18 - the apology cake
19 - liar liar
20 - free falls
21 - bigfoot?
22 - good-girls-are-not-so-good-girls
23 - bruh? bruh.
24 - teenage queen and bigfoot-age
25 - never be
26 - 7 things I hate about Calum
27 - plan
28 - the C word
29 - if it means a lot to you
30 - cliffhangers are so
31 - christmas and mistletoe kisses
32 - surprise presents and tough decisions
33 - backseat serenade
34 - hot cheetos and secute texts
35 - bloody hell, Rose
36 - tight jeans and love songs
37 - dating for dummies
38 - fall out cara
39 - tensions and supernatural
40 - if i'm james dean, you're audrey hepburn
41 - hey purple
42 - battle of the bands
43 - not the hair!
44 - remember.
45 - bag of dildos
46 - where's Tess?
47 - i wish that i could wake up with..
48 - i'll find the words to say
Wattys 2015!
49 - in another life
50 - thanks for the memories
51 - she's kinda hot though
52 - girls like girls
53 - the elevator of death
54 - game time
55 - shocks and jams
56 - broken pieces
57 - RJ and mikey's socks
58 - little do you know
59 - safety pin
60 - it means a lot to me
61 - a love like war
62 - outer space / carry on
63 - sounds lit feels lit
64 - girlfriend
65 - the arcaders
66 - happy birth, luke hamstrings
67 - rogues
68 - a second first time
69 - the writer
epilogue

13 - broken hearts and pink hair

352K 9.1K 11.2K
By BritishBums

.

JENNA'S POV

I think we stopped at some sort of gas station for the tourbus, and it was nearly two in the morning as well.. I couldn't sleep. One being the tourbus kept moving as we took a sharp turn or when a bump in the road came, yeah it was annoying. I never got used to it, and yet the girls did so they were all pretty much sound asleep right now.

I watch as Chelsea got off of the bus to go fill up the tank, as I sighed, getting out of my bunk quietly and following her out.

Without letting her see me, I head to the sidewalk right by the food mart, as I sit down on the curb.

Looking out at the quiet sky, I noticed there were stars. Meaning, we were probably far from the main city.

Smiling slightly at the sight, I took my phone out to snap a quick picture and tweeted it.

JennaGLB : Oh my gosh, the sky is beautiful ♡ pic.twitter.com/asduwnck3o

Right after I sent it, I hear an engine coming closer and closer.

Looking up in curiosity, it was another bus. The 5sos bus.

I sighed, looking back down at my phone.

.

"Hi."

I jump slightly at the voice, as I turn around and then look up.

Michael.

"Hey.'' I murmered, tracing my finger tip lightly over my lip in nervousness.

"Hi.'' He repeated, nodding once.

"Couldn't sleep?" I shrugged.

"Nope.'' He shakes his head. "Too much to think about anyway."

"Like what?"

I watch as Michael sits down right next to me.

"Us. How we'll even try to make it through."

"I.. Michael, I don't think there will ever be an us again. I'm afraid it's the end, and there's no way through it." I chuckled dryly. It was better than crying my eyes out anyway.

"But it can't be the end."

"It has too, I knew it was wrong to even give it a try. We have to try and erase this, reverse what we did." I gulped.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, looking down at his hands.

I sigh, reaching out and taking his hand in mine. "It wasn't your fault, it was actually mine."

"What? No, Jenna I--"

"I broke it off in the first place, and I'm always the one screwing it up anyway. I can't believe I was naive to even think this could work out. Michael, I'm really sorry I can't keep trying to turn on my friends this way. You're a distraction.''

That was partly a lie.. I didn't think he was a distraction. I said it so he could think it was true and he could finally agree that what we're trying to do is just completely wrong.

"Jenna."

I shook my head. ''I said I'm sorry, but I can't do this."

There was a silence, as I tried my best not to cry. I was holding back tears, my lips pressed into a thin line.

"Can I kiss you one more time?" He asks, as I look around, more cautious this time.

Seeing no one would be around two in the morning in the middle of nowhere, I thought it was a good idea.

I nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'd like that."

He smiles weakly, pulling me in as his hand caressed my face as I lean in.

The kiss was sweet, no literally sweet, his lips tasted like skittles.

I smiled through the kiss, letting out a small giggle. "You're lips taste good."

"Thank you." He smirked.

I sighed, just staring into his eyes for a second.

"I'm sorry."

"No, don't apologize.'' He shook his head.

"I.. Bye, Michael.''

"Bye, Jen.''

Turning around, I was slowly walking back to the bus, until I felt that it could be longer. This wasn't how it was supposed to end. I might as well savor the two minutes I'll have with him until the buses finally leave.

Groaning, I run up to him and fall into his arms. Not being able to control it any longer, I sobbed. I buried my face in his chest as his fingers stroke my hair slowly.

"I hate you.. No I hate that I can't stop loving you.'' I murmered.

He says nothing, just gives me a long kiss on the forehead.

I closed my eyes, my arms wrapping around his waist.

"I hate it too.'' He whispered. "Please don't cry."

I wipe at my eyes, as I groaned. "This is what you do to me. You get me all mushy, that's why I hate it."

"You're cute when you're mushy."

Chuckling, I shake my head. "Yeah it's cute when I look like the freaking loch ness monster."

"Um babe, the loch ness monster is a dinosaur that swims in the water, and you don't look like a dinosaur."

"It isn't a dinosaur! You would know that it's a legendary, mythical creature and shit if you knew that it was real." I shrugged.

"You believe in that?" He laughed.

Shushing him, I frowned. "I believe in mermaids and aliens too. They're real, okay?"

"Yeah, and beavcoons are real too." He spoke sarcastically.

"Oh and bigfoot." I pointed. "Bigfoot is real, and he lives in yellowstone!"

He groaned and laughed at the same time.

"When we get there during the tour, we're going to have to go on a hunt for all those myths."

"They aren't real Jen--"

"Shh." I smush a finger onto his lips. "Just make out with me. One more time."

He nods. "I actually like that idea better than any other."

"Of course you do." I hummed, my lips ghosting over his.

.

.

* THE NEXT MORNING *

.

"RISE AND SHINE!" Cara beamed, hitting us with pillows as I groaned.

"What? Where are we?" I muttered, clueless.

"We're in Boston." She smiled. "This is different, we've never been here before."

"Yeah we'll look like a bunch of tourists." Rose grumbled from her bunk.

"Well I got a bunch of jersies we could wear, to look less.. Us." I chuckled.

"Good thinking, we'll wear those for the day." Cara agreed with a small smile.

A few minutes later, I forced myself out of bed unwillingly, as I groaned. I hated mornings with a passion.

"Um, hey Jenna?" Cara murmered from behind me.

"Yep?" I turned around, looking at her questioningly.

"I was wondering if you could dye my hair for me. You know, for the first time and everything. I was kind of inspired and everything and got tired of being blonde I guess." She rambled, shrugging.

I grinned. "Oh my god, I'd love to! What color are you planning on?"

"Probably a really light looking pink. Yeah, pink." She agreed with herself.

I nodded. "We could do that, later today before the show if you want." 

"Totally."

Rose was currently hogging the shower, and it was torchure for us because she took centuries in that shower before she actually came out.

"Tess hasn't gotten up yet?" I look at the bunks, one still had the curtain closed, she was probably still upset about Noah.

"I could go talk to her." Cara sighed. "She's going through a hard time. I mean this is exactly why boys aren't a good idea on a tour."

"Not like they'll be a problem though, right?" 

"Not at all." She shook her head. "Don't even think too much about it."

Last night made my stomach suddenly churn at the memories, as I purse my lips. "Yeah," I responded quietly.

"Okay, I'll be back I'm just going to go check on Tess, see how she's doing."

I nodded, simpering slightly before I headed to the kitchen to grab me something from the mini fridge. This tourbus was actually heaven. There was food packed in the fridge and it had a tv and couch. What else in life could you even want? Yeah, nothing.

Just as I was about to bite out of this piece of a sandwich, I hear Cara call my name and then Rose.

"Jenna! Rose!"

"What I'm in the shower!" I hear Rose say in annoyance.

Cara just calls us again, as I bite out of my sandwich before heading into the other room.

"What's wrong?"

"She isn't here. Tess." She ran her fingers through her hair.

"Woah what?" Rose said, wrapping a towel around her body before she had headed into the room. "Then where could she be?"

"That's the thing, I don't know. She probably left this morning."

"Hey, we all know Tess. She'll come back." I reassured.

"And what if she doesn't?" Rose bit her lips, crossing her arms over her chest. "We can't just leave her alone like that."

"Hey, she probably left for a reason, and it's to get things straight. Noah, is actually making a huge mistake not talking to her because Tess is honestly the best. She deserves way better." Cara sadly said.

.

.

TESS'S POV

.

He wasn't answering any of my texts either.. Was he starting to regret getting back together with me? Yeah, I think so.

I've sent about ten texts already ever since this morning, and I got nothing. He was probably shutting me out.. Because he knew it was too much to take. I wasn't good enough, I never was. That's the exact reason why he's leaving, and it's the reason why he doesn't want to even face me anymore. Because I'm worthless. All he has to do, is throw every single thing we had away, and I'd be gone..

It was true.

Locking my phone, I silently sat there, setting my head in my hands as my knees were held to my chest. I was sitting in the middle of the hallway of the arena we would play in here in Boston, and I was feeling horrible.. Now I felt even more horrible than ever, knowing that I'd let the fans down when they notice I'm not in the best mood right now.

Why is it that I always manage to let people down? This was the exact reason why I had social anxiety back in the day, along with depression. I.. I knew that I wasn't good enough, until the girls came, and Noah. Noah especially, because I never knew a boy would ever like me for who I really was. He was the only guy to ever see right through my act, and actually get right to my heart.

That's why it hurts so much right now. He was leaving me, slowly. He might as well just do it fast, because it's like stabbing a knife into my chest repeatedly. He'd rather just stab me once so it could be all over with.

In the middle of my thoughts, I hear someone standing in front of me, as I slowly look up. "Jesus." I whispered, wiping my tear stained cheeks. I felt my mascara smear though I didn't really care right now. "What do you want now?" I asked Calum.

"I.. Do you need someone right now?"

"No, I want to be alone." I replied, glaring up at him.

"That's not true, no one wants to be alone. Even if they say that they do, the truth will always be that they really do want someone in their life who actually cares." He says, slowly shrugging. "It's just the truth."

"Yeah that might be the truth, but not right now. I said I want to be alone okay?" I cried, closing my eyes. "I.. I'm losing the only guy in my life that's ever actually cared for me, for so long and I'm just in a bit of a crisis if you hadn't noticed, so can you just please leave me here to fucking cry my eyes out and be in heartbreak." I nearly shouted at him, gasping for air as I let out a sob.

He was silent once again, as I looked at him again. 

"You know, I've had one of these moments once. When I dated this girl back in the day." He sighed, as he sat down right next to me in the hallway.

"I don't need your charity case you know." I grumbled. "And why the hell is Calum Hood being nice to me? That's the weirdest thing ever, I mean joke's over come on." I chuckled dryly.

"No it isn't a joke alright? Not this time. I know how much it hurts to go through losing someone in your life." He seriously spoke.

"Well why do you suddenly care about me? Don't you have something else to worry about?" I sighed, not even getting myself to look at him at that moment.

"Well, I feel like a dick the first time I talked about Noah like that. It was because I had no idea, and I was just throwing my words around carelessly. Now I realize, yeah it was a dick move. I'm sorry."

I glanced at him. "Sorry?"

"Yeah. I-I wanted to talk."

"Talk about?.." My voice trailed.

"I just wanted to tell you that things will be fine no matter what, even if Noah leaves there's going to be someone else to take his place, and probably be even better at it. He's obviously not thinking because.. Tess, you're really special and you don't even know it. I'm here to remind you."

I stare at him like he had three heads, as I rose my eyebrows. "You did not just say that.."

"Well, I did. And I meant it." He shrugged. "I'm not being nice because I want to, I'm being nice because I know it's the right thing to do right now."

"Yeah exactly, you're only saying all of this because you feel bad for me which isn't what I need right now Calum."

"Hey, this isn't something I'm used to. I'm trying, and I'm sure I mean every single thing I'm saying right now."

I sighed. "You.."

"Look at me." He quietly spoke. I did anyway, I don't know why, but I did. He seemed like he genuinely cared, and I think he was telling the truth. Even though I said that I didn't need anyone at this exact moment, deep down I really did, and Calum was the only person available to talk to right now.. So I took it.

Why would he just suddenly care about me though? He didn't give a single fuck about me or the girls, ever and now he's here.. Telling me all these nice things?

Maybe it was for the good. He probably realized this whole feud between both our bands had to end and that there was more to life than being better than a band.

Well on second thought.. There was more to life than being better than a band, Five Seconds of Summer being an exception for us though. There was no way around it really, they were just unbearable. No matter what, they still had something against us since the beginning and it's just always been that way. We didn't bother changing anything up or coming to a truce, because why would we?

They hated us, and thought of us as lower than them. Who the hell? No.

"This doesn't change anything." I murmered.

"Of course not." He replied quickly, which made my heart hurt slightly. Part of me was hoping for a different response..

No I didn't, shut up Tess.

.

.

JENNA'S POV

"I'm almost done, don't look!" I beamed excitedly as I massaged the pink dye into her hair along with a bit of bleach to make the pink look a bit lighter in her hair.

"Well how can I? You blindfolded me." She laughed.

"Whatever, don't peek." I say anyway.

"Oh my gosh it's--"

"Shut up Rose." I pointed a finger. "Not until my masterpiece is done!"

"No Rose, continue!" Cara argued.

She was going to talk again, until I shushed her. "Nope, not until I'm done I said. This is a surprise."

Ashton was outside of the bus, passing by as Rose smirked.

"I have to throw something at him." She snickered.

We laugh with her, even though Cara can't see.

"What are you going to throw?" The blonde asked, well she was semi blonde. Almost a pinky.

Rose grabbed something from the fridge, it was a cupcake.

She runs to the bus window, sliding it widely open as she leaned out.

"Hey idiot!" She yells, throwing the cupcake roughly.

"OW!" Ashton yelped, as it smeared onto his shirt.

I burst out laughing, Rose smirking.

"Alright you can go now, bye!" She waves, sliding the window closed.

.

TESS'S POV

"So yeah, I mean we're buds with All Time Low, no biggy." She motioned.

"I saw that video you guys collabed on actually. You seemed to be all over Alex." He smirked.

"It was for the benefit of the video. And I don't even like him! Everyone started making rumors up, after that geez is was annoying. Noah was alright with it though, I told him that it wasn't anything, it was just acting."

I turned to him in sudden realization. "Woah, you watched one of our videos?" I motioned.

"Yeah, I mean.. Because All Time Low was in it, duh."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, sure."

"Jenna sucked at that guitar solo by the way, Michael could totally do better." He mentioned.

Rolling my eyes, I glanced at him. "I could do a better bass solo, obviously."

He narrowed his eyes at me, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Is that a challenge, Stevens?"

"Yeah, I think it is Hood." I say, suddenly feeling better about myself. It's like I just suddenly forgot all about my problems with Noah and.. I just felt happy.

We've been talking for about an hour now, I haven't even noticed until I checked the time on my phone.

"When's sound check?" I asked as I catched up to him once we were walking down the hallway.

"Two hours from now, we have plenty of time." He reassured. "Are you ready to get beat?"

"Oh that isn't possible." I shook my head. "Ready to get your ass kicked?"

"Oh no I'm so scared." He gasped fakely, holding a hand to his mouth.

Calum runs down the hall, as I smiled, shaking my head.

Following him, I ran down the same hall as well.

.

"Oh you totally messed that up." I gasped, it should be a C chord, and then a B chord and then over to a G." I frowned, walking over to him.

"What? No." He shook his head. "I thought it was the other way around."

"Well I'm afraid you're wrong. It's like this."

I reach out to move his long fingers along the strings. Feeling him staring at me, I cleared my throat.

"Alright strum that."

He does as said, and I play it with him. Grinning, he leaned on my back playfully as I giggled, throwing my head back.

"THANK YOU BOSTON!" He yells, to the empty arena, taking my hand in his as we bowed.

Smiling, I ran my fingers through my hair, as I playfully strum at my bass.

A silence followed after that, his brown eyes staring into mine as I felt my cheeks heat.

"What?" I muttered, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh nothing." He spoke nonchalantly, turning back around.

.

_________________________________

A/N:

Hey guys! So Jenna has a new instagram bc she couldn't access the first one soo yeah lol if you want to stalk her and stuff her ig is @ jenna.glb (:

Oh! And Noah is played by Sean O'Donnell or if you guys got any better suggestions then I could see lol <3

ALRIGHT THIS WAS FAIRLY LONG HAHA WOW

Sooo vote and comment maybe? I lost a ton of commenters in the last chapter idk what happened but it's alright I guess if you don't like the book or it isn't your type of crowd or whatever it's all good in the hood xD

MMKAY QUESTION OF THE DAY IS : What's your fave 5sos bromance? :)

Mine is either muke or cake omg I just love Michael and Luke's relationship bc Michael loves threatening and teasing Luke every time, but there are times where Michael's just like 'wow you're such a great person luke' and sdfghjk

and cake, cake is just life man. They're besties and it's just adorable

OH AND I WAS SUPPOSED TO UPDATE TOMORROW, BUT I FINISHED THIS CHAPTER QUICKER THAN USUAL WHICH IS WEIRD SOO HERE IT IS! LOL

.

- BritishBums xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 368 12
Cinder Scarlet Cress Winter Kai Wolf Thorne Jacin Iko Levana
3.7K 153 18
Sydney Smith, lived an average life. School, parents. Siblings. It wasn't much, but she was fine with that. When a British girl stumbles into her lif...
198K 6.3K 31
She is shy, he is a charmer. She is silent, he is loud. She keeps to herself and he would never do that. Her nose is always in books, which he hates...
75.7K 1K 41
You went to a party with your friends Cody and Zoe in witch you get dared to do something with a boy of your choice #1 in tayler holder