Forever and always next to yo...

Bởi 20_mariee

When the father of Kate got sick, she makes the promise to herself to always be there for him. During a visit... Xem Thêm

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25

chapter 11

12 0 0
Bởi 20_mariee

''Can you put this one on that pile, please?'' My father asked as he pointed to a spot where a big pile of logs was. I nodded without really answering him with words. One of the things I loved from my father was that we didn't need to talk much. We could work, eat or even just lay on the couch in silence. Words weren't necessary when we were together. Plus, it wasn't awkward or anything but just... cool. Sure, we talked sometimes and have good times too.

As I put the log on the pile, I heard the voice of Niall Horan.

'Please help me! I'm stuck inside...' I started panicking thinking he would be stuck in the logs. I didn't listened to the rest of his sentence when I grabbed all the logs and pushed them away until I realised he wasn't there or even here. I felt extremely dumb when I realised it was my new ringing tone. I froze and looked around to stop my gaze on my father's questioning glare. I smiled awkwardly when my phone started ringing over again. I got it out from my pocket and without looking at the caller, I answered it.

''Hello?'' I said through the phone.

''Hey Katy bear. How you doing?'' I heard Alexander's voice through my ear and a shiver went down my spine.

''Not that bad, thanks. Why you call me?'' I said curiously. I had been 2 days without news of him since my first date with Brandon. Brandon and I were getting along pretty well. The next day after our first date we've seen each other for a second date that looked such as the first one, but still, he was cute. Sure, we watched another romantic movie and got bored after 10 minutes. But it finished a little more enthusiastically. To say the least, kissing someone at the cinema can be pretty difficult.

''It's been a while since I didn't got news about you and I was starting to miss you.'' His words had made me shiver. He missed me? It was difficult to admit, but I just couldn't stop from thinking about him and waiting for him to call.

''Maybe if you called me before, you could have news.'' I said my tone a little more harsh than I wanted it to be.

''Yeah, I'm sorry for that... I just didn't know what to say and since you and Brandon...'' I cut him off before he could continue.

''What? What do you mean?'' I said confused.

''I mean, you and Brandon are getting closer and you had been busy and I didn't want to bother you.'' He said and I could feel he was uncomfortable. But why?

''You wouldn't have bothered me. And plus, I missed you too. It's hard without my best friend.'' I said chuckling. He chuckled a little too but wasn't really sincere. I just shrugged it off as he continued the conversation.

''So, what were you doing?'' He asked. I smiled as I recalled the scene of me, the logs and Niall Horan.

''I was helping my dad with the wood outside, you?'' I said as I tried to replace the logs into an almost-perfect pile.

''I was on my way to your house.'' He said and I could tell he was smirking.

''Okay- Wait. What!?'' I said chocking. I was wearing old clothes and had my hair in a messy bun. I didn't have either make up even if it didn't matter since he already saw me without.

''I'm here now. You're outside, right? I'll come see you in two seconds.'' He said as he hung up. I hung up too froze in my spot. I finally realised what was going on and searched my dad. My eyes land on him as I heard my name been called. My father's gaze went on Alex as I tried to hide behind a tree. I looked at them greeting each other. They started to talk for a little while until I heard my name been called a second time, but I stayed hidden. I tried to go further in the tree as they started to search me. The branches of stir were now covering my body so no one could see me. I turned to see how far I was hiding when a spider came in front of my face. I screamed and ran out of the grip of the branches. Then, without warning, I ran into a wall. I looked up to see Alexander smiling but still with raised eyebrows.

''What are you doing?'' He asked me, his tone filled with amusement.

''I... Hum... I mean... I-I just...'' I tried to say something coherent but it didn't really work. The sight in front of me was making me feel weak.

''Yeah, that's pretty clear...'' He said with sarcasm and I bite my lip.

''A spider jumped in my face.'' I blurted out and a chuckle escaped from his lips as he removed a branch that was hanging in my messy bun.

''Sure, spiders do that every day...'' He said with more sarcasm and his smile turning into a smirk.

''She even attacked me.'' I said now confident. He laughed a little as he put his hands in his pockets.

''Okay, if you say so... But, what were you doing there?'' He asked still smirking. I froze there. What am I suppose to tell him? I can't say I was hiding from him!

''I was... you know... Hum...'' Then I was cut off by someone screaming my name.

''Kate?'' I heard my father say.

''Over here!'' Alex and I said at the same time. I blushed a little.

''Where were you?'' He asked me when he was in sight. The sentence replayed in my head until I got something thoughtful to say.

''I was searching other logs.'' I said trying to be confident.

''Okay... Hum...'' He looked at us during a moment before continuing. ''You can go home with Alexander, I'll continue alone.'' He said smiling.

''No dad, I told you I would help you today... Alex...'' I turned to look at him not really knowing what to say and he flashed me his signature smile that made me melt inside. Weird, don't you think? To melt inside when he's looking at me?

''I can help you.'' He said, his eyes never leaving mine.

''But, you're not...'' I started but been cut off by his reply.

''Butts are made for sitting.'' He said winking at me. I bite my lip and my father leaded us to some pile of logs. He told us what we needed to do and we started to work. We didn't really talk unless a log was too heavy for me, I would ask Alex to take it for me. We worked during 15 minutes like that until my father called Alexander. He needed his strong arms - and when I say strong, it's really strong... sure not as Taylor Lautner but still - to transport heavier logs. Even if we weren't still in the same spot, I could have a view on him easily. Sometimes, I could catch him looking at me and I would blush furiously. It was getting hotter as the afternoon was passing. I could feel myself sweating, like the others. I turned my head to look at Alex but just as I did, my heart skipped a beat. He was now shirtless and you could see perfectly his abs. I stood there froze examining him as he worked. Even if he was sweating, he looked handsome and hot, I should say. A voice cut my thoughts.

''Like what you see?'' Alex asked me smirking. Does he ever stop smirking? I hadn't notice him gazing at me too. I went more red - if it was even possible due to the heat - and bite my lip.

''I wasn't looking at you.'' I said a little too rapidly. His smirk just went wilder.

''Yeah, sure...'' He said before returning to work just like me.

****

''I'll go grab a shower!'' I said to my father and Alex as they were talking. They nodded and I headed towards my room to collect my clothes. I was so happy they were getting along well, I thought referring to my father and Alex. I went in the shower and cleaned myself. Thoughts were flowing in my mind without really being interesting. But something popped in my mind. Would Brandon and dad go along with each other just as him and Alex? I hadn't really thought about presenting Brandon to my father yet. Sure, I liked pretty much Brandon but, he liked to criticize other people. What would he even think about my house? Would I need to present Brandon to Alex since he's my best friend? No, I thought. I don't have to.

After 20 minutes, I was done and got out of the shower. I put on a white V-neck shirt with shorts. As usual, I put my father's necklace around my neck and I headed towards my room.

I stepped in the room and I almost had a heart attack.

''Holy shit, Alex! Don't do that!'' I said and he chuckled in response as he turned his head towards me. He was sitting where my pillow usually was. He had it in his arms, playing with its corner.

''Sorry... But I need to say I'm a little disappointed...'' He said smirking and I looked at him puzzled. ''I thought you would change in here.'' He said wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at him as a shy smile went on my lips.

''Okay, seriously though. What'cha doing here?'' I asked as I sat on the other end of the bed extending my legs like him.

''Would you mind if I take a shower?'' He asked smiling naturally.

''Yes, I mind! You need to stay all sweaty.'' I said smirking. He smirked back.

''Yeah, you love it, really.'' He said winking. I rolled my eyes as our ''under-feet'' were now touching.

''Sure I do!'' I smiled before adding ''Go grab a shower, you smell.'' I said faking he was really smelling.

''That hurts my feelings!'' He said faking being hurt. He got up and went in the shower. I grabbed a book to read during this time. His showers were shorter than mine. After like a 7 minutes, the water stopped. I heard the door open and footsteps coming closer.

''Hey, I forgot I hadn't other clothes besides my dirty ones.'' I heard him say. I finished my sentence and looked up at him. I think I was definitely doing a heart attack. Alex was in front of me with only a towel covering his low body. His hair were wet just like his torso and going in every direction. I tried to stay focus at his face than looking at his abs.

''I... Hum... I-I will go... hum... get clothes...'' I tried to manage. I got up and walked towards the door where he still was. I stopped only centimetres from him when I realised he wouldn't move. ''I need to pass the door to go get clean clothes, you know?'' I said trying to sound confident. My voice was still shaking even if I tried to stop from it. He just looked at me with an expression I've never seen from him. I couldn't get what it was. He was incredibly near from me looking intensely in my eyes. His eyes were blue due to the water from the shower. Every seconds that passed, more he would be near from me. It seemed like he was asking something but I couldn't get what it was. I bite my lip feeling my knees go weak and shivers down my spine. He finally got out of his trance, stepping back from me looking guilty.

''I'm sorry...'' He said before moving from my way. I was still confused but just got to the room of my father and took clothes that would suit him well. I came back to my room where Alex was waiting, his back on the wall. I handed him the clothes. He took them avoiding my gaze and walked into the bathroom. After a few seconds later he walked out.

''Hey.'' I greeted him. ''Do you want to eat here? My father's a good cook, better than I.'' I said chuckling but he didn't answer or chuckle with me. He kept a straight face for a little while before speaking, still avoiding my gaze.

''I think I'll just get home. Hum.. Thanks for the clothes, I'll come give them back to you tomorrow...'' He said now looking at the floor. He turned around but before he could go, I called him.

''Alex, what's wrong?'' I asked feeling strangely sad. He only turned his head slightly.

''Nothing's wrong. I just need to go.'' He said before heading up stairs and exiting the house. I stood there, froze. I didn't know what to do. Why was he acting so strangely?

It was killing me not knowing why he was acting so confusingly. What did I did wrong? Maybe it was because of the day? Maybe he didn't really like it or doesn't really like my dad? It would destroy me if he didn't like my dad.

My anxiety was growing so much. My heart was sinking at every thoughts. Then it went on something I didn't want to think about.

What if he didn't like me? Sure, I mean in the friend way, but it still hurt. He was really becoming my best friend...

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hey my favorite fans!! :)

What do you think about that new chapter?

Why Alexander left so unexpectedly you think?

Let me know what you think about :) <3 Vote, comment, do whatever you want but give me news :)

Love y'all guys :) <3

Đọc tiếp